[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't really mean to bitch about this again but Ive really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
I don't really mean to bitch about this again but Ive really been given the show an honest shot but I really feel the need to reiterate

WORST BATMAN EVER

He's a whiny, judgmental, completely self absorbed, easily slighted man child. His oldest confident needs some time off for personal reasons and he holds a grudge.

Katana is completely adorable and awesome but Jesus Shit is it hard to put up with this Batman. Can really see why this shit cont canned.
>>
>>81882591
I didn't mind him that much. He's pretty broken as a human and it was kind of nice to have the writing actually have him as genuinely mentally disturbed instead of just being angsty.

He has some small moments like covering up Katana when the CDC was about to explode. Even though it was futile was and they would've been killed both, he actually went against his code of "mind over heart" just to protect her.

Though I'm kind of mad they didn't do much with his dependency to Alfred. That was pretty unhealthy and they didn't really bring it up again.
>>
>>81882753

Thing is Im having a hard time getting the impression that Im SUPPOSED to see him as fucked up. The series still tries to paint him as superior and right far too often.
>>
>>81882591
>He's a whiny, judgmental, completely self absorbed, easily slighted man child. His oldest confident needs some time off for personal reasons and he holds a grudge.

That's what most Batman haters think Batman is so expect a lot of "but that's what Batman is" posts from /co/
>>
>>81882873
I dunno, I don't think the show portrayed him nearly killing Croc as something positive.

There's also another instance of him getting BTFO big time, but it's close to the finale, so I'd rather not spoil.
>>
>>81882591
>He's a whiny, judgmental, completely self absorbed, easily slighted man child.

Sounds like an accurate Batman to me.
>>
>>81882591
I thought this was an interesting take on Wayne. How he's just sort of fucked up and more obsessed than other Batmen, to the point of being on an all-liquid diet. And how he's a lot more fragile, and when he gets hurt, the injuries actually factor into the show instead of him just getting up and being fine two minutes later.

Some things didn't make any sense, though. Like when he starts going off the deep end and he becomes more obsessed with solving Humpty's riddles than saving the hostages, and actually lets them be in danger, and then gets pissed when Katana mentions it. I was like, "for what purpose? What's even the character motivation there?"
>>
File: 1405291668854.jpg (85 KB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
1405291668854.jpg
85 KB, 1916x1076
>>81882905
>>81882948
There ya go.
>>
>>81882591
hes cute tho
>>
>>81882977

I didn't even get how Humpty could have any info on Katana.
>>
File: magpie nest.webm (686 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
magpie nest.webm
686 KB, 1280x720
>>81882753
>He has some small moments like covering up Katana when the CDC was about to explode. Even though it was futile was and they would've been killed both, he actually went against his code of "mind over heart" just to protect her.

I forgot he also tried to help some of the genuinely crazy villains like Magpie and Humpty. I've noticed that in general animated Batmen (B:TAS, Brave and the Bold, this) tend to show more interest in genuine reform than in the comics.

Then again, there's also how he treats poor Lunkhead.
>>
>>81883099

In retrospect he really should have seen how coming to visit her with another women was a really really bad idea.

I actually do like Magpie. So she's on the list of things that are good
>>
>>81882591
I still can't work out why they were all using fucking lasers guns it dident fit with the show at all.
>>
>>81883153

eh they where doing that as far back as the 90s spidey show. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw cops using gun guns
>>
>>81883153
They originally had regular guns, but after the Aurora shooting, the producer had then edit all the already-completed animation to have laser guns.

Because I guess cartoons make children pick up guns and shoot people, but if they are shown fake guns, they will be like "well those don't exist, so I will never shoot anybody"
>>
>>81883187
DCAU had normal guns. I think B&TB did, too? I dunno, I didn't watch that much.
>>
>>81883099
B:TAS Batman is just the best overall.
>>
>>81883193

Apparently swords are cool though. Never hear much about kids accidentally Ginsuing each other. Honestly you'd think we would have gotten at least one sword rampage.

I mean Im glad we didn't but you could probably get, like 4 people before everyone knew what the shit was happening
>>
File: 1407173170264.jpg (52 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1407173170264.jpg
52 KB, 1920x1080
>>81883202
It did. They used them against Dr. Polaris, who could control metal. Also they were in Young Justice.

The saddest part is that everyone forgot about the shootings after it came out.
>>
>>81883267
Is that a pump action laser gun?
>>
>>81882591
>He's a whiny, judgmental, completely self absorbed, easily slighted man child
AKA Batfleck
>>
>>81883193
The funny thing is I'm pretty sure fucking brave and the bold used real guns.
I'm pretty sure at least 1 batmite story did
Stupid shootings causing people to edit things
>>
File: 1396915981545.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1396915981545.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
Magpie, Anarky and League of Assassins episodes were great. Didn't care for much else. Humpty Dumpty as Toyman? Professor Pyg as an eco-terrorist like Poison Ivy? What?
>>
Speaking of laser guns why were the tmnt shows that had them able to pull it off while it just looked stupid in everything else
I guess it helped that most of the turtles enemies already used lasers anyway
>>
>>81883381
>Professor Pyg as an eco-terrorist like Poison Ivy?

I got the impression that Pyg and Toad were just sadistic assholes that used eco-terrorism as a flimsy excuse to be sadistic assholes.

Kinda like the people that would critique Batman's crime fighting in real life as an excuse to go beat up people.
>>
>>81882591

>Let's make a Batman show with shitty animation and only use C and D-list villains. Also let's give terrible characterizations to Bruce and Alfred.

For literally what purpose?
>>
>>81883256
Actually, that scenario happened almost exactly as you described.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Jae-Shim-Palmdale-Quartz-Hill-Samurai-Sword-Killings-Murder-Guilty-Plea-290824881.html

Swords are such a rarity compared to guns incidents like these are more of a novelty, as weird as it sounds.
>>
>>81883295
I could see that happening in some heavy gun control area by retards trying to reduce the power of what's available (never mind there fucking lasers probably not hard to remove the limiter) but for fucking alfread to use one is fucking retarded
It's so fucking obvious it was never meant to be a laser
>>
>>81883474

the only complaint I have about Alfred is that he doesn't show up near enough and he hasn't slapped Bruce's shit in.

Aside from that I don't really mind the younger MI5 take on the character
>>
>>81883474
But there's not much wrong with Alfred. He's still Bruce's father figure and a guide in his life.

It baffles me how people are OK with Gotham, BvS, or Earth One Alfred, but make a big stink about this one.
>>
>>81883492
>Swords are such a rarity compared to guns incidents like these are more of a novelty, as weird as it sounds.

No but a kid can run into his house and grab a kitchen knife.
>>
>>81883493
They'd try to use the same excuse they use for banning AR15s, it wasn't around when the second amendment was written so clearly it's not covered by it(show me the part where it says only muskets). Funny how they never apply this same logic to the first amendment and anything that's not a printing press.
>>
>>81883474
Because execs are freaking idiots. We've known this for a long time.

Don't worry though, CN raped and killed the show. They even made it so it can never be shown again on tv because of legal reasons(they sold the show to the government or something)

Enjoy the daily Teen Titans Go! marathon.
>>
>>81883381
Not even the final arc? I thought it was pretty good. Got me pumped for a second season that never happened.
>>
>>81883600
>it can never be shown again on tv because of legal reasons
The fuck
>>
>>81883474
There's nothing wrong with trying to portray a younger Batman while giving some of his lesser known villains some time in the spotlight.

The execution, however, could have used some work.

>>81883549
Oh, that's easy. Kitchen knives have way too short a range. You only get knife rampages in places like Japan where gun violence is more scarce.
>>
>>81883606
Prepping future seasons without having confirmation that you'll be able to make those seasons should be punishable by death.
>>
>>81883635
It was written off as a financial loss. Same with Megas XLR and Symbionic Titan.

At least the whole show's on DVD/BluRay and digital.
>>
>>81883648
I honestly prefer that to what Bryke did with Legend of Korra where they had to asspull future seasons after they got unexpectedly renewed.
>>
>>81883646

Using lesser-known villains is fine, but only using them and refusing to use the A-listers like Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, etc. is just a complete waste.
>>
>>81882591
It's because he doesn't have the huge Batman chin, isn't it OP?
>>
>>81883648
I'll never forgive NBC for canning My Name Is Earl after that cliffhanger.
>>
>>81883099
Lunkhead is a literal retard though. You can't reform that.
>>
>>81883742

lunkhead didn do nuffin. he just wan sum candy
>>
>>81883742
A retard can be controlled
>>
>>81884066
He ain't the hulk, aiming him in a direction won't be helping anyone.
>>
>>81882591
>He's a whiny, judgmental, completely self absorbed, easily slighted man child

Sooo, Batman?
>>
File: 1415188926090.jpg (184 KB, 1400x1800) Image search: [Google]
1415188926090.jpg
184 KB, 1400x1800
For all the flaws it had I was really getting into Beware the Batman. They could've rectified all the problems that were going on in it during the later seasons but CN pretty much shot it dead and buried it in a shallow grave at the mountains. So we'll never really know sadly.

They've been airing reruns of it again though on Aussie tv around at midnight which is nice.

rip best lady
>>
>>81884506
Australian TV is nice sometimes
Not so much other times
>>
>>81884566

It's only nice on the weekends. They sometimes have some nice movies on there. Godawful during the week though. Apart from the ABC our news is a fucking joke.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.