[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else wanted Amon to win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15
File: amon.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
amon.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Anyone else wanted Amon to win?
>>
File: l-lewd.jpg (629 KB, 1755x2145) Image search: [Google]
l-lewd.jpg
629 KB, 1755x2145
I really wanted my waifu to be evil more than what OP wanted from this thread.
>>
>>80946978
I at least wanted his defeat to mean something. Korra magically getting airbending and Amon losing all steam because he got wet was stupid.
>>
>>80947497

The hilarious part?

Korra was wrong about Pro Bending helping her train with airbending and after Season 1 she proved Tenzin wrong saying how she never needed to use air bending ever

She was right. She namely did Fire and Water Bending.
>>
File: HUFF HUFF.gif (214 KB, 274x249) Image search: [Google]
HUFF HUFF.gif
214 KB, 274x249
Why did the entire revolution, which had a lot of substance, justification, and overwhelming public support suddenly disappear because Amon was a phony?

Did these people really just abandon a philosophy dear to their hearts because OH SHIT AMON WAS A LIAR, GUESS US NON-BENDERS WILL JUST BE INFERIOR FOREVER LOL
>>
Did Korra ever truly get great at air bending?
>>
File: LOS 10.jpg (135 KB, 554x856) Image search: [Google]
LOS 10.jpg
135 KB, 554x856
>>80947581

It gets more retarded when Team Korra ASAMI BEING THE ONE telling Hiroshi that bender's truly are good people

...despite having 2 water benders, a group of multi benders, and an Earth bender trying to bring an end to the world as we know it

SO HIROSHI WAS RIGHT
>>
File: 1438419504846.png (442 KB, 665x673) Image search: [Google]
1438419504846.png
442 KB, 665x673
>>80947468
>yuri petplay
god damn it don't tell me this is the only page this hits all my numbers
>>
>>80947596

Nope. Even when she tried to prove to Tenzin Pro Bending was teaching her better than her training which was wrong

The only thing Korra proved wrong about Tenzin was telling him she'd never need to use her air bending which she used maybe once her entire existence.
>>
>>80946978
He did win.

Thanks to his uprising and attack on Korra. Republic City was no longer ruled by benders, and was destroyed.
>>
>>80947698

>http://murrlogic1.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
>>80947748
What I don't get is Raiko's election. Was it affirmative action?
>>
>>80946978
That ending was the sign of what was to come. Amon was a fantastic villain, the best one the Avatar series had had, but they completely blew it.

The first 9/10th of Season 1 were really good. Not AtLA Season 2 tier but as good if not better than Season 3. Good world building and expanding. Logical continuations of characters. Everything pretty much fitting into the rules of the pre-established world.
>>
>>80946978
I thought that was gonna be the whole point of him. Then finally dying like a king in the last season
>>
File: amoon.png (544 KB, 1006x815) Image search: [Google]
amoon.png
544 KB, 1006x815
Why the fuck wasn't Amon the spiritual side of the Avatar? Why the fuck else would he be able to "energybend"? Why would Korra be completely unable to connect with her past lives EVER for some inexplicable reason? Why didn't they make it so Amon's backstory wasn't a lie, but was totally actually real?
>>
>>80947802

You're putting way too much thought into a character that got no development in a show that lacked development or pacing

You could have ended Season 1 with Asami being the new mayor of Republic City and her role would literally be the same.
>>
>>80947884
Have Amon still be the son of that blood bender. Have him be angry as his father trains his brother (Tarlock wasn't it?) to follow in his footstep. Amon sees this messed up blood shit and leaves home and maybe goes and finds a Lion Turtle and learns it or something.
>>
File: avatar-amon-straw.jpg (40 KB, 472x470) Image search: [Google]
40 KB, 472x470
I wanted him to become an anti-hero that Korra had to work with to defeat the true enemy.
>>
File: tumblr_nk74wu03R41t8vgz4o1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk74wu03R41t8vgz4o1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>80947748

The absolute fucking state of Avatar "Fuck my responsibilities lets go on my honeymoon. Fuck the citizens and fuck everything" Korra
>>
File: tumblr_mrlnl1n9pC1roq41yo2_500.jpg (120 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrlnl1n9pC1roq41yo2_500.jpg
120 KB, 500x715
>>80947698
Right there with ya brudda! I wish it was more common
>>
>>80947807

>9/10

Try like a 3rd of it. Season 1 wastes way too much time on Pro Bending and less time on Character Growth.
>>
>>80948016

>http://murrlogic1.deviantart.com/gallery/

Here ya go.
>>
File: 239.png (202 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
239.png
202 KB, 480x368
>>80947938
OR
HOLD UP
CRAZY THOUGHT
WHAT IF-
WHAT IF:

Just have him be a nonbender that was scarred by the firebenders that kill his parents. He went on a journey of discovery and either A) found a lion turtle to give him energybending, or B) the avatar spirit wanted to make him the avatar, but obviously couldn't because he was already born, so it gives the kid it's spiritual capabilities. Then when Korra is born, she gets the bending and at full force, which is why she's able to bend all the elements at such a young age. Air is difficult for her since it's so spiritually tuned.
>>
File: 2674541-5712282039-26516.jpg (23 KB, 320x319) Image search: [Google]
2674541-5712282039-26516.jpg
23 KB, 320x319
>>80948158
Yeah but that's like one more page and it's not even petplay it's just the two characters arguing.

don't fucking lie to me fucker.
>>
>>80948218

Double Check and if not Triple check.
>>
File: Pottery.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
Pottery.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>80948192
The thing though is that with having the two related (especially if Korra was also related to them) you can get a very interesting Thesis, Antithesis, Synthases going on.
Tarlok is the established, bad order.
Amon is the one going against the order, but way to extreme.
Korra has to mesh the two together to create a better world.
>>
File: 890.gif (2 MB, 700x387) Image search: [Google]
890.gif
2 MB, 700x387
>>80948589
I don't feel they need to be related for that, and if anything, it sort of weakens it.

Amon is a stronger character if the hate he feels towards benders is both incredibly strong and completely justified from his perspective. "My dad was kind of an ass" is not that. "My family was slaughtered, my face taken, my city overrun by criminals who kill and extort, and I can't even get a fucking job because benders have a way of doing it better" is.
>>
>>80949033
Yeah, actually...good point.

They should all be southern water tribe though.
>>
>>80947468
Is that Asami? Who is the thite haired chick?
>>
>>80949196
Winter from RWBY
>>
File: 1454139865108.png (245 KB, 473x474) Image search: [Google]
1454139865108.png
245 KB, 473x474
>>80947581
Semi-related, why was everyone just ok with freeloading spirits after a while? Like these fucking vines and spirits are everywhere, and at first everyone hated it. You cant tell me that everyone just got used to it and thinks its fine and dandy. People would still be fucking furious even after a few years

Where's the Human Supremacist parties who want to get rid of the spirits? I mean I guess you could argue that the Equalists sort of fill the same vein, but they werent really anti-spirit per se
>>
>>80947581
>A lot of substance and justification
Nah just a scapegoat.
There's no actual evidence of Bender oppression.
Atleast not until the government responds to Equalist terrorism.
>>
>>80949245
Not to mention everyone in LoK acting like "OH SPIRITS ARE ALL HAPPY FINE IT'S OKAY SEE?" when we have fucking evidence of at least a half-dozen evil spirits from ATLA and the comics. Spirits are NOT inherently good.

Not even to mention how evil and destructive even the good ones could be if prompted by some dickhead like Tarlaq!
>>
>>80949260
>There's no actual evidence of Bender oppression.
Literally all of AtLA is filled with examples of benders being a dick to those who can't bend because there is nothing they can do about it.
>>
>>80947575
Air bending is less about actually throwing wind currents around and more about seeking balance and looking for an option where everyone can be satisfied as much as possible.
If she didn't learn airbending she'd be just as cocky and arrogant as she was originally.
>>
>>80949274
Yeah, like what the fuck happens if Koh wanders into the human world? People would be TERRIFIED
>>
>>80949315
>Yeah, like what the fuck happens if Koh wanders into the human world?

What happens is he's able to steal the face of everyone in Republic City before Korra can even fucking blink. She shows up to find a bunch of husks that used to be people and is reasonably horrified, which shows on her face. Boom no more Avatar.

Thanks a lot for opening the portals, Avatar Korra.
>>
>>80947581
Fuck, it wouldn't even matter if he was a bender. Look at Peter Popoff. He got exposed as a conman and a total scumbag on national television, and he's still raking in the money using the exact same tricks he used back then. When people are really devoted, and a leader is charismatic enough, they'll believe anything.
>>
>>80949357
It feels really odd they never even mentioned Koh in book 2 of LOK. They brought back the owl guy, forgot his name, but the far more interesting GIANT FACE STEALING CENTIPEDE was basically forgotten completely.
>>
>>80946978
he did win.
>>
Nah. He was a proponent of rights for subhumans. His cause was both immoral and futile.
>>
>>80946978
I just want Korra to be forrgoten so we can Salvage what was left in this franchise.

Brown lesbians kills franchies.
>>
>>80947581
>which had a lot of substance, justification,
It had neither, Amon's only evidence was that only benders cause wars, which can't be true. Everything else was made up by the fandom.

> suddenly disappear because Amon was a phony?
Because they lost Amon and the only other two guys in the entire organization resembling seconds in command in one day, they lost most of their arsenal and they lost their flow of cash. Then Republic City decided to try democracy and they took whatever grievances they had there and got a non-bender elected.

Bryan said they aren't gone for good, but they're basically back to being a street gang.
>>
>>80949474
Korrasami is going to be the face of the Avatar franchise for the next few years, get used to it. Then we'll get another Avatar series and get to watch old lady Asami chauffeur the new Avatar around and poorly try to give them advice when they're feeling down.
>>
>>80949260
It's naive to expect people to be content with being outclassed in firepower. That said, their cause is doomed.

Inferiors can not rule or even be equal to superiors.
>>
>>80949523
>Then we'll get another Avatar series
Please no...

You already Star Warsed the series enough. You don't need to go any further.
>>
>>80949586
I mean it'd probably be decent if they just got bigger seasons and a bigger crew to work with. The big problem with LOK wasn't its ideas, it was their execution.
>>
>>80949482
>which cant be true

Well, before the invention of the electric gloves (which is a fucking retarded weapon but "its a kids show hurr") benders havent really had anything to even the field with benders, and have not held real positions of power. Benders have led their nations in conflicts against each-other, non-benders just kinda get fucked over unless they're master swordsmen or marksmen

And yeah, the Earth King wasnt a bender, but Long Feng was and he was the one who was truly in charge. The Earth Queen in LoK was a non-bender too, but the Earth monarch is not always a non-bender so to say "benders start all the wars" is not an inaccurate statement
>>
>>80949618
>wasn't its ideas
Season 2 begs to differ. It also ruined the established universe in unreparable ways.
>>
>>80949680
No, they definitely could have pulled that off well if it was handled differently.
>>
>>80949708
>ending the avatar cycle
>SPIRITS EVERYWHERE LMAYO
>>
>>80949748
Yeah, I don't think those ideas are necessarily bad by default, they just didn't do a good idea exploring them. Spirits learning to not be jackasses and live alongside humans is a good idea in concept, but they took a different and bad approach to it.
>>
>>80946978
>wanting the edgelord to win

Top kek. His plan isn't even feasible.

He'd never be able to debend literally everyone in the world, and those debended people's kids would still be able to be benders anyway.
>>
>>80948192
>B) the avatar spirit wanted to make him the avatar, but obviously couldn't because he was already born, so it gives the kid it's spiritual capabilities

This would be retarded to be honest
>>
The one and only thing I liked about Legend of Korra was how the world was moving past the point of needing an Avatar. They had industry and machines and were leaving behind the ways of the past. And they NEVER built upon that. Korra should have moved out to the forest with Toph and never looked back.
>>
>>80949887
They actually kind of did in book 4, Korra talked about it in the clip show episode.

It's technically true, but I don't mind. I like the concept of the Avatar.
>>
>>80949884
maybe it intentionally gives half of itself to two people because it sees a real imbalance and wants to mend the world between benders and nonbenders.
>>
>>80949939
No, sounds retarded
>>
>>80949962
You'd think Unalaq would have told these guys the "multiple Avatars" theories were not good ones.
>>
>>80949962
so is amon being a bloodbender
>>
File: kojimer.png (478 KB, 1270x587) Image search: [Google]
kojimer.png
478 KB, 1270x587
>>80949962
Better than what we got.
>>
>>80950005
>>80950014
No
>>
>>80950005
I'd take Amon being a bloodbender over "Koh for no reason decides to become the champion of non-benders" or "the Avatar spirit somehow splits itself in two while Aang is still alive and reincarnates into two people born roughly 27 years apart".
>>
>>80950049
who the fuck said literally either of those things.

>>80950032
>he doesn't think the bloodbender twist was retarded
you should probably kill yourself
>>
Amon lost a lot of points with me when he was revealed to be a literal "Who?".
>>
>>80950288
Lots of people did back when Book 1 was airing. Some of the most retarded shit to come from the fandom.

>>80950299
Who else could he have been? It was a new series, he couldn't exactly be Haru.
>>
>>80950288
In retrospect it made sense. What if not bloodbender can improve on chi blocking and block bending for good.

But apparently Bryke never actually thought it through.
>>
>>80950316
He could have been Tom-Tom or something, I don't know. I expected some kind of shocking reveal.
>>
>>80950316

How about a fucking guy who had his family killed by firebenders. Then he spent his life in rage, learning to chi block or whatever, and now he can stop bending permanently. He feels awful about lying about the spirit shit to his followers, but also resents the spirits for letting the inequality happen.

You know, something not retarded.

Why the fuck should I care if it's the son of some guy they randomly brought up for no reason that Aang fought?
>>
>>80950371
A man born with bending who decided that bending is evil is not retarded. The execution was, the concept was not.

Are you really preferring such a primitive cliche?
>>
>>80949640
>and have not held real positions of power.

Posisions of power during A:TLA's time were determined by your bloodline. both benders and non-benders can be born into noble families. One of the only departments in which benders would out-class nonbenders would be the millitary, but not in commerce or politics
>>
>>80950381
Then make it some guy.

Don't randomly set up this backstory of a connection he has through his father with knowing aang, or how a senator is his brother as well and shit.

Not everyone has to be fucking related, george lucas.
>>
>>80949474
>>80949523
>>80949586
>>80949618
>>80949680
>>80949708
>>80949748
>>80949823
If there was going to be a new series: It would need to take place at least 100 years after Korra so we can be sure everyone from that timeline is dead and Bryke needs to stay away from it, it can be given to someone else.

Oh and the main character needs to be a male fuckboi looking, heterosexual earth bender.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.