[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the suit better now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
Is the suit better now?
>>
Yes. Is Melvin gonna pound Betsy's puss?
>>
It looked real baggy in a few scenes, but that's more prop/costume failure than design.

But honestly, I still miss the black shirt, and pantyhose mask.
>>
>>80940596
Yeah. The actual shape of the head looks really nice now.

Hopes for the future
>DD on chest
>increasingly less black until it's all red
>remove some, though not all of the layering, making it a bit more uniform
>make the collar just a bit more prominent
>>
I like the red/ black suit, but dammit Melvin, just make it all red for us. You gave him the perfect clubs, now give him the perfect costume
>>
>>80940596
No, it still looks awful. Why try to "fix" something from comics that didn't need it?
>>
I am okay with armored-suits.

But why in the fuck do all of these suits make his eyes a different tint of red from the rest of the helmet? Just have the shape of the eyes, but don't make them stand out.
>>
>>80940834
Actually, I prefer it with black accenting. All red just looks off somehow. But when there's too much, like with the first version, that looks like ass too.
>>
>>80943031
Its a different material so the actor can see out. You can tell when Charlie blinks because the eyes get darker
>>
File: Daredevil-Season-2-New-Poster.jpg (146 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-Season-2-New-Poster.jpg
146 KB, 970x545
>>80940596

I honestly don't understand why people hate the outfit

it fit whats this universes constraints are in terms of trying to be "realistic" or looking possible in the real world

the only thing i did not like was how bulky his gloves got after Melvin "fixes" his suit
>>
>>80940596
The helmet definitely is
>>
>>80940596
yeah. Still wish they'd do something with the back. It looks weirdly flat despite the patterning. Gloves, boots and helmet additions were all pretty damn good though.

Also please, add the DD already.
>>
>>80943508
better than the rubber crap used for the previous gloves though. You could see them bend in some scenes. It was really off putting.
>>
The only bad part of the show
>>
The only bad part of the show is they wait till the last ep to give him a new piece of gear.
>>
>>80940805
>DD on chest
>>80943590
>add the DD already.
The only reason the DD exists in the first place is because Daredevil was created in an era where comic book characters dressed up in flashy costumes and had their logos plastered on all their gear because it was silly and fun, and it's stuck around simply because it's the way it's always been. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But when reinventing the character, it just doesn't make sense. Why would Matt Murdock of Earth-199999 (MCU) put a logo on his chest? It's not a brand or a symbol, such as with Superman, Cap, or GL. It's not stylish, like Spidey or Flash. And it doesn't inspire fear, like Batman or Punisher. It's literally just his initials.

Chest logos just aren't a thing anymore, guys. It's okay to move on.
>>
>>80940596

It looks like a jumpsuit too much

the mask is better. The red face is better than the black face.

But the suit itself needs work
>>
>>80942640
>Why try to "fix" something from comics that didn't need it?
Your argument relies on a false premise. A 1:1 adaption of his comic costume would not work in live action (both for visual and narrative reasons) and, thus, needed to be adapted.
>>
>>80943910
>It looks like a jumpsuit too much
Isn't that what he wears in the comics? A red skin-tight suit with a mask?
>>
>>80943873
>Why would Matt Murdock of Earth-199999 (MCU) put a logo on his chest?

Because a special needs person designs his suit and would think that it looks "neat".
>>
File: 2b-ppe-coverall-back43517-rgb.jpg (96 KB, 800x1301) Image search: [Google]
2b-ppe-coverall-back43517-rgb.jpg
96 KB, 800x1301
>>80944022
>Isn't that what he wears in the comics? A red skin-tight suit with a mask?

yeah. Skin-tight.

When he moves in the show, the pants look more like this
>>
>>80944106
I get you, but I think that's a limitation of real life physics. There's not really any actual materials that mimic the look and "motion" of comic book outfits, there's always going to be sag or wrinkles somewhere
>>
>>80943822
The only bad part of the show was where frank and when more frank you said there would be frank.
>>
>>80944100
You basically just said that the only way to make the DD work is by having it be the idea of a retarded person. Which is kind of my point.
>>
>>80944481
>There's not really any actual materials that mimic the look and "motion" of comic book outfits

There is, but they would never dare to put it on television
>>
>>80944613
And I think that alone makes it work. The DD can be used via a retard who wants a cool symbol on his suit. Matt is too nice to turn it down and would probably think it's kinda funny.
>>
better but still not very good
would have been neat if he was loaned a yellow suit while his new one was getting made
>>
>>80944720
The DD is so retarded that the only way it can work in a screen adaption is to have it be the idea of an actual retard, and you want that to actually play out in the narrative because Daredevil is supposed to have a DD on his chest because he's supposed to.

I think that's retarded.
>>
File: Charlie-Cox-Daredevil-600x340.jpg (35 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
Charlie-Cox-Daredevil-600x340.jpg
35 KB, 600x340
>>80940596

I miss the black suit. Hope it comes back for the inevitable Born Again season 3.
>>
>>80944942

The skin tight top works better for this character. More like the comics costumes. Daredevil was never an armored hero. This one would look so good if it was red

I know the show likes to throw around the excuse that he gets cut up and shot and all this shit every day, but they also choose to write him into those situations. They could just as easily show a scene of Matt taking down a room full of thugs unharmed to show off how incredible his abilities really are. Instead he has to get his face gashed open every day of the fucking week
>>
>>80940596
Needs nipple rings
>>
>>80945218
He was armoured in the 90s, and that costume was awesome
>>
>>80940596
I actually really like the suit in season 2. It was starting to grow on me before the helmet change. but after i was pretty well sold. I thought id want it all red but honestly im good with what they got.
>>
>>80945335
nonononononononono! that costume would almost have worked if not for that damn armor plating thrown on.
>>
File: Armor02.jpg (79 KB, 364x929) Image search: [Google]
Armor02.jpg
79 KB, 364x929
>>80945335

Right, but even that was still a skin-tight material and not a bulky body-armor type suit
>>
>>80945218
>I know the show likes to throw around the excuse that he gets cut up and shot and all this shit every day, but they also choose to write him into those situations. They could just as easily show a scene of Matt taking down a room full of thugs unharmed to show off how incredible his abilities really are. Instead he has to get his face gashed open every day of the fucking week
I think you have that backwards. The costume isn't meant to justify the writing, the writing justifies the costume. The theme and narrative of the show are deliberately contrasting with the "hollywood" feel of the films by driving home the idea that Matt isn't superhuman (beyond his senses.) If you took that away, the show would lose a lot of its gravitas.

Example, in Episode 2 when he's fighting Frank on the rooftops while the cop snipers are shooting at them, he's ducking and covering his head because earlier that same episode Melvin told him how lucky he was his helmet stopped a bullet, and that his quick repair job wouldn't protect him a second time. That sequence of events added real tension to the scene because the audience knows that if he gets shot in the head a second time, he WILL die.

If Matt was just always dodging blows and gunshots and/or always recovering quickly it would undermine a lot of the tension that gives the show its grounded tone.
>>
>>80945817
>If Matt was just always dodging blows and gunshots and/or always recovering quickly it would undermine a lot of the tension that gives the show its grounded tone.

But it's just as bad to give him a suit that literally makes him bulletproof

I would rather see a Matt that wins because of his abilities, not a Matt that wins fights because his suit absorbs all the damage
>>
I warmed up to it. The cowl looks great. My only issue is I wish it were brighter because when he's in dark lighting he basically just looks like Batman. Also, Cox looks a little stiff in it when he's standing around.

I really wish Disney/Marvel Studios would just fork over the money to get a movie level costume made for the shows.
>>
>>80946096
>when he's in dark lighting he basically just looks like Batman

BATMAN HAS A CAPE STUPID
>>
>>80946247
I mean his suit basically looks black, which makes it look like Nolan's Batman suit with a kevlar texture over it. I really do hope they brighten it up eventually. Same with Elektra if they bring her back. That red gown/blanket the Hand had her wrapped in in that urn would be the perfect color for her costume.
>>
>>80943873
I think you're overstating how ridiculous the DD would look. I'm not talking about anything drastic, just maybe stamped into the padding on his left bi-cep. Not even a different color or anything, just sorta pressed/stitched into it. It would look cool.
>>
File: tumblr_nous9w158C1rz64nto1_540.jpg (131 KB, 540x744) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nous9w158C1rz64nto1_540.jpg
131 KB, 540x744
The helmet is perfect now. I still just don't like the torso and waist area of it. The design is okay but in reality when it's being worn by Cox, it just looks boxy and flat. It needs more contours so it looks like he's got muscle under there. I just wish it was a more form fitting material like the black shirt.
>>
>>80940596
Better. I think they should remove the nose from the helmet though.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.