[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Daredevil show got me interested in checking out some gritty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: th[1].9&rs=0&p=0.jpg (4 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
th[1].9&rs=0&p=0.jpg
4 KB, 300x150
The Daredevil show got me interested in checking out some gritty comics, is the Marvel Max the only good stuff?

Recommend me some please.
>>
>>80937198
Ennis' Punisher, that's what you're looking for even if you don't know.
>>
>>80937198
Punisher MAX is 10/10 throughout, as is Fury MAX and My War Gone By. Apache Skies was very enjoyable, Wolverine MAX is similarly good, ditto for Alias. I've heard Supreme Power is high quality, but I can't confirm.
If you want gritty that's not MAX, check out Bendis or Miller's Daredevil (especially Born Again and The Man Without Fear), Welcome Back Frank by Ennis, and Rucka's Punisher.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>80937266
Are there any more like that?
>>
>>80937462
Sounds like a good place to start, thanks.
>>
File: co recommendations MAX.jpg (599 KB, 1280x1498) Image search: [Google]
co recommendations MAX.jpg
599 KB, 1280x1498
>>80937198
>>
>>80937558
No es problema amigo.
>>
>>80937198
You mean just in general? Not just Marvel?
>>
The only MAX books I've read are Alias and Deadpool Max.
If I didn't hear for a fact that Punisher MAX was good, I'd consider the entire line a failure.
>>
Watchmen
>>
>>80937462
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Sin City series by Frank Miller, it's some really good The Big Sleep, Dirty Harry type stuff.
And it's all black and white, which adds to the grit.
>>
For non-MAX stuff, check these out:

Frank Miller's Daredevil
Sin City
Hard Boiled
Shaolin Cowboy
Foolkiller
Black Summer
Red
Reload
Anna Mercury
War Story
War Story 2
Battlefields
Hitman
the rest of Ennis' Punisher (the Marvel Knights stuff)
>>
>>80937696
yeah.
>>
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b7dd5y7q6ssqg/Marvel_MAX

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/peteis4324gn7/Punisher
>>
>>80937198
Marvel Max, Marvel Knights, and Marvel Edge are the different brands they've marketed their 'deals with serious issues' comics under. I feel Marvel Knights had the best stories of the three. I don't think anyone even remembers Marvel Edge.
>>
>>80937198
The Question

also Hellblazer is the grittiest comic about a shitty wizard you will ever read
>>
File: 6qHgKJd.jpg (236 KB, 1212x639) Image search: [Google]
6qHgKJd.jpg
236 KB, 1212x639
I want to be a little original. If you are familiar with Daredevil to some extent, then you can jump right into Devil in Cell Block D by Brubaker. It's a god tier arc that exploits ticking time bomb that is Daredevil, Kingpin and Bullseye in the same prison. Even Brubaker won't manage to match quality of his own arc up until the end of his own run.

I would recommend volume 2 of Daredevil in general, not just Frank Miller's stuff. His run, Born Again and Man Without Fear are obligatory in first place.
>>
I'm surprised they never did a Daredevil MAX
>>
>>80938145
These: >>80938008

Plus these:

Judge Dredd
The Question (Dennis O'Neil run)
Green Arrow (Mike Grell run)
The Ultimates
The Ultimates 2
>>
>>80940780
I forgot about Judge Dredd.

Robocop seems like it should have been a comic originally.
>>
>>80937198

DD never had a Max series!
>>
>>80937198
Southern Bastards and Men of Wrath by Jason Aaron. It's non-Marvel cape shit that is gritty and Max levels of violence and dialogue.
>>
Are there any r-rated X-Men?
>>
>>80941510
No, but it's tv version is pretty hardcore.
>>
>>80943820
Just Wolverine MAX but there's no X-Men in it other than Wolverine.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.