[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they make Punisher an emotionally unstable guy with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 1206x717) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 1206x717
Why did they make Punisher an emotionally unstable guy with a Batman voice guys?
>>
>>80933871

I was half-expecting them to make him into some batshit insane character.

especially witht he whole shot in the head bit, and then again at the café when he told Karen that his wife can never make him miserable again which sounded like he killed her.
>>
>>80933871
So they made him true to the comic?
>>
>>80934018
I think you read that scene all wrong. His point was that not only can his wife never make him happy again, she can never make him mad again or anything else, and that he's stuck in an emotional flatline without her so Karen should rethink kicking Matt out of her life while she has the chance.

I'm also pretty sure Frank knew Matt was Daredevil by that point as well
>>
>>80934317

Yeah. I figured Frank realized DD was Matt in the courthouse.

I know that I misinterprated the scene, I analyzed it afterwards and came to the "right" conclusion.

I was still afraid throughout the series they would make him look like a looney.
>>
>Batman voice

The fuck are you on about, m8?
>>
https://youtu.be/ng2KKzrxrQo https://youtu.be/8XoRGgpF2qc
>>
>>80934500
>https://youtu.be/8XoRGgpF2qc

Worst Punisher I've ever seen
>>
>>80933871
What are some other edgy comics like Punisher Max?
>>
>>80933871

Because Frank is an emotionally unstable guy with a Batman voice?
>>
>>80934389
He noticed when Matt first talks to him in the hospital. The way he opened his eyes in slight chock when hearing Matt's voice confirmed that he knew it was DD speaking.
>>
>punisher
>uses knives instead of guns

PLOTHOLES
>>
>>80934018
Jesus christ you thought he was saying he's happy his wife can never make him upset again? You are retarded
>>
File: grinsmall.jpg (116 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
grinsmall.jpg
116 KB, 400x350
>>80934573
What are you on about, you crazy man!
CUTE
>>
>>80934667
What are you on about? He used a lot of guns
>>
>>80933871
they didn't he's a pissed off victim of a governmental coverup with a batman voice.
>>
>>80934666

Interesting. Will look out for next time I go through it.

>>80934583
Not really edgy but Fury Max was really good.
>>
how much franking is there in Season 2?
>>
>>80934835

A decent amount. Not too much atleast.
Could hase used a good perfectly execution scene from his eyes like when killing that ancient mobster in the Nicky Cavella arc of MAX
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 800x450
>>80934573
That was literally perfect, don't know what your talking about
>>
>>80934573
You haven't read Mangaverse Punisher
>>
>>80933871
Punisher has always been Batman: Edgy Edition. Why you expected better is beyond me.
>>
>>80934573
I hope this is bate. If not, you are beyond retarded
>>
>>80935212
But he's not supposed to talk like Batman. That's the problem. He's supposed to be calm in revenge and justice, not lose himself to emotions.
>>
Punisher will beat you if you step outta line butso
>>
Jane Punisher is still the best desu bros.
>>
He's great, but Jane is still my favorite.
>>
File: 1454178368434.gif (45 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
1454178368434.gif
45 KB, 560x582
>Mfw "One shot, one kill. You taught me that."
>>
>>80934500
You're into some faggy shit. This show is too stupid for little kids to take seriously, yet you like it. Damn, you suck.
>>
>>80937445
Yawn... You're pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>80937445

This is his origin story within the MCU. If he ever shows up again (and Marvel says that they want the MCU to go on forever with no reboots, so he almost definitely will), then he will be more cold and calculating because he has severed all his connections to humanity.
>>
I love the feral scream he made in the prison and diner fights.
>>
>>80934666
I loved that. You could practically hear the disgust in his voice. Basically,
>"You really are incapable of defending shitbags, aren't ya?"

Granted he didn't know what kind of lawyer Matt was, but still. If he wasn't convinced God had a sick sense of humor before, he did then.
>>
>>80940608
*>incapable of not defending shitbags
>>
>>80933871
This is just after his family died. Hence, his high-n-tight.

It's easy to assume he's rattled.
>>
>>80933871
That was honestly my only problem with Bernthal's performance: he doesn't sound like someone from New York.
>>
>implying frank is emotionally stable in the comics

Get out casual
>>
>>80933871
Because he's living the same few seconds of seeing his family torn to shreds over and over and over again. That will fuck anyone up.
>>
>>80941159
I never really figured Frank to have a NY accent - but I didn't have him pegged for a southern one as well. That drawl is still there.
>>
>>80941595
And he can't really get used to it, it'll have the same emotional loop every time.
>>
>>80937445
have you even read any Punisher stories, anon? Like Punisher War Journal, etc?
>>
>>80942795
That was just what the doctor said though.
>>
Here was my thought process.

>damn, this Frank talks too much.
>Man, this Frank cares too much what other people think.
>Holy shit, this Frank is pretty intense.
>Damn, this Frank is just as violent as Max Frank.
>This Frank is emotional.
>This Frank is young.
>This is Frank's origin, and he hasn't grown to be Punisher MAX yet.
>>
>>80934621
>Because Frank is an emotionally unstable guy
Really? He's one of the most level-headed characters I've ever read. Even when that asshole Cavella pissed on his family's grave and filmed it, he kept his cool and didn't go straight after him.
>>
>>80934667
I think you're confused about the character.
>>
>>80945358
Agreed. He's driven.
>>
>/co/ has problems with well-written, well-acted performances of nuanced, complex characters who aren't perfect inhuman "badasses"
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>80933871
It wasnt bad. It could have been a bit better, maybe shown less emotion, maybe talked less. But it wasnt bad. It was, acceptable. Good enough for his own series.
>>
I thought it was great. The part where he lets the micks torture him until they trigger the car bomb just to piss them off enough to put a gun to his head so he can steal it was fucking great. That scene was so fucking Frank it hurt.
>>
>>80946787

The fight scene in prison is what I loved and I don't know why, but I actually love the aspect of him that knows he's beyond fucked, that he will never stop but will make sure no one else has to fall down his path, that they should hold on to what he himself has lost.

Also:

>"You into something younger? I hear she's about twelve."

Surprised that that fucking part hasn't been mentioned yet, I actually stared at the screen like "HOOOO BOY HERE WE GO... YOU DUN GOOFED!"
>>
He sounded like Dean from supernatural
>>
>>80946900
Oh shit I forgot about that lel. I must have watched that like 6 times. The look on Frank's face was so good.
>>
>>80946787
>Are you gonna do it or you gonna talk about it?
>>
>>80946920
Nah. The gruffness sounded more artificial. More gravelly than low.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
i loved the prison episodes, just standing there like a fucking demon covered in blood
>>
>>80948867
The shots with him and Fisk looked good. Made him look tiny compared to him, which is tough considerering that Vincent is nowhere near the size of comics Kingpin and didn't measure up in a lot of season 1.
>>
>>80933871
because he's the batman done right.
unfortunately he also gets the same plot armor as batman
>>
>>80948867
When I noticed the guy's face had left a blood smear on his chest I legit thought they were gonna go 200% cheese and make the mark look like his logo when he pulled him off
>>
Is Lungren Punisher enjoyable at all?
>>
>>80951250
It's a completely by the numbers 80s revenge fantasy action flick. Don't expect anything more than that when you watch it and maybe you can extract some enjoyment from it.
>>
>>80951250
It's an 80s Punisher vs. the Yakudza. If you don't want that you're dead inside.
>>
Is it just me or did cinematography take a huge nosedive? Season 1 had a lot of great shots and despite lots of the scenes happening at night, they lit it smartly. Now I'm seeing a lot more flat shots, a lot of awkward cuts, and worst of all I'm constantly struggling to see what's happening in every night time scene.
>>
Ehh he doesn't really come into his role as the Punisher until the end. I think throughout the season, he was still trying to figure out what he stood for. Once he got closure from ending General Eiling, he became stable and found out what he really wants to do with his life.
>>
>>80951450
What??

I thought season 1 had bland shots. This season actually seemed to have better shots especially in scenes with Matt and Elektra together being fancy.
>>
I never had trouble following the action in season 1. I'm only 3 episodes in, but the fights have been a complete mess, especially the first big Frank fight. Couldn't see shit and it was so shakey it was impossible to follow until that last shot.
>>
File: Punisher10.jpg (750 KB, 1280x1976) Image search: [Google]
Punisher10.jpg
750 KB, 1280x1976
>>80945358
That situation couldn't have been a more obvious trap if that asshole had talked about how he much of a trap he was leading the Punisher into with his bullshit on the videotape. Frank isn't stupid, but he is crazy.
>>
File: Punisher38.jpg (149 KB, 653x564) Image search: [Google]
Punisher38.jpg
149 KB, 653x564
>>80950809
Punisher almost never bats outside of his weight class like Batman does. But it does happen.
>>
>>80933871
I honestly thought the voice wasn't ridiculous enough. Frank is a caricature.
>>
File: 1273638797241.jpg (54 KB, 633x460) Image search: [Google]
1273638797241.jpg
54 KB, 633x460
>>80951761
I share your sentiment anon. Black silhouettes against dark background all the fucking time. And the constant handheld cameras did not help.
>>
>>80934666
You'd think people who see him everyday and have seen DD (Karen) or award-winning reporters (Urich) could crack that case too.
I don't mind the Clark Kent's glasses "disguise" but its better when you don't call attention to it
And then you get Foggy who can't tell the guy passed out on Matt's couch is Matt despite having all the time to look at his lower face. And then he takes the top part and goes "Matt!?!". No shiit by having some characters see the obvious and others being completely oblivious to it.
>>
>>80951761
No anon, it's clearly gritty and mature, you just aren't man enough to handle it.
>>
>>80951761
I felt the exact opposite way. Couldn't see shit in s1 and more clarity in s2
>>
>>80951250
If you want to see Dolf Lungren siting naked in the sewer and monologuing, I can't recommend that movie enough.
>>
>>80941924

I didn't really care about that. I was more disturbed that he was acting the same way as he did Shane.
>>
>>80951977
it's literally kids playing cops and robbers
>>
>>80950830
....they did
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.