[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that grind your autism Shots of the MetLife building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: MetLife.png (1 MB, 1023x1172) Image search: [Google]
MetLife.png
1 MB, 1023x1172
Things that grind your autism

Shots of the MetLife building in the MCU television shows.

Yes, I recognize that this is my autism, the cost of CGI for these quick shots just isn't worth it.

But it would still be a cool nod.

Jessica Jones did mildly piss me off with a few clear shots of the building.
>>
File: HuYIsUz.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HuYIsUz.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
>>80933659
Agents of SHIELD got this shit right in the first episode. Granted, it appears to be a 2D image.

What was the point of setting the Netflix shows in the MCU? It doesn't really help them or take anything away from them, it just seems arbitrary.
>>
>>80933659
It's only the Netflix ones. AoS has avengers tower
>>
File: uizhm.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
uizhm.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>>80933659
Some guy on Leddit edited Avengers Tower into the few clear shots of the MetLife building in Jessica Jones.
>>
>>80933812
I wish AoS was canon.
>>
>>80933812
season 2 of daredevil has it on the cover of a news paper as an easter egg
>>
>>80933812
The top OP image is AoS.

I can see why they wouldn't do it, it's such a quick shot. But it always takes me out for a second.
>>
>>80933659
>>80933807
>>80933812
>>80933856
>>80933884
>>80933885
It's the principal of only "story being canon" and not the "visuals". It's why Rhodey looks different between Iron Man 1 and the rest of the MCU or why Bruce was Ed Norton in Incredible Hulk.

What you see on screen doesn't matter. Just the story and dialogue.
>>
>>80933858
What? I get that you're shitposting, but most of the time the "SHIELD ISN'T CANON" crowd is usually the people who hate it.
>>
>>80933943

> What you see on the screen dosen't matter

Next you'll be telling me video games don't need good gameplay.
>>
>>80933994
>muh gameplay
>>
>>80933994
I honestly wish Bioshock Infinite were just a straight up movie sometimes, so I don't have to keep playing it to revisit the story.

Also I love the Telltale games, come at me.
>>
>>80933994
It's like when you see a boom mic in a mirror or something.

Unless you're retarded, you know that, in universe, there wasn't actually a boom mic there.
>>
>>80933994
they don't. they just need to not have bad gameplay.
>>
>>80933659
I'd prefer to see as little influence from the Marvel Comedic Universe movies as possible in Daredevil and in the rest of the Netflix stuff. I feel like Netflix snuck a good show past Disney.
>>
>>80934038
>Bioshock Infinite
Why would you want a movie about that poorly written pile of trash?
>>
>>80933807
>What was the point of setting the Netflix shows in the MCU?
It's their biggest selling point.
>>
>>80933807
None of the shows except maybe agent carter take place in the MCU. The movies and shows are run by two different companies (tv by Marvel, films by Disney) so the events of the movies happen in the shows, but the events of the shows don't happen in the movies.
>>
>>80934457
Will this meme ever end?
>>
>>80934457
The reason why Hell's Kitchen is once again a shit hole in the Netflix shows is because of the alien invasion in Avengers. There is literally a picture of the battle on Ben Urich's wall at the newspaper in Dare Devil.
>>
>>80934457
>films by disney...
and Paramount
and Universal
and very soon Sony too

Its the Marvel Studios bit that matters anon
>>
File: what_the_hell_face.gif (2 MB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
what_the_hell_face.gif
2 MB, 300x199
>>80933659
>mfw there's a shot on a rooftop with the MetLife Building taking up half the background in a later season 2 ep
I mean at that point, couldn't you just have pointed the camera in a different direction?
>>
>>80934591
It will when one of the Avengers directly name-drops one of the events or characters of the shows in the movies, and no sooner.
>>
>>80934457
The entire plot of daredevil season one was possible because real estate prices dropped due to the invasion. I don't think you are paying much attention
>>
>>80934609
>>80934999
>THE EVENTS OF THE MOVIES HAPPEN IN THE SHOWS, BUT THE EVENTS OF THE SHOWS DON'T HAPPEN IN THE MOVIES
pls read desu
>>
>>80933943
If what you see in a visual medium doesn't matter, then you should just read a novel.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.