[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about Infinity War for a second? >How large of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Infinitywarlogo.jpg (75 KB, 926x421) Image search: [Google]
Infinitywarlogo.jpg
75 KB, 926x421
Can we talk about Infinity War for a second?

>How large of a role do you think each individual hero/villain will have? Will we see certain characters have more prominence than others or will they all be handled equally with similar screentimes?
>Will small-timers like Daredevil be referenced or cameod at all? If they do appear, how do you think they should be handled?
>How do you think the general plot will lay out?
>Will the Russos manage to redeem The Avengers after the damage done by Whedon?
>>
>>80931748
Part 1
Main focus on battle to stop Thanos getting all the gems. Earth will be there but will be background.

Doctor Strange
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Thor
Hulk
Guardians of the Galaxy
Nova

Earth:
Black Panther
Wasp
Antman
Ironman
Bucky
Falcon
Black Widow
Spiderman

Villains:
Thanos
Hela
Magus
Proxima Midnight
Corvus Glaive
Black Dwarf
Supergiant
Loki
Zemo

Wildcards:
Eson the Searcher
The Collector
Chthon

Part 2
Focus shifts to Earth
Cap
Ironman
Thor
Bucky
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Scarlet Witch
Doctor Strange
Hulk
*White Vision
>>
Is the Infinity War storyline worth a read?
>>
>>80932042
>this big shit post to start off the thread
Things won't pan out like that, I can guarantee you.
>>
>>80932086
It was pretty fun for me, you should also read Thanos' Quest first, it's the story of how he collected the stones
>>
File: snap.jpg (90 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
snap.jpg
90 KB, 600x446
>>80931748
I think it'd be kinda neat if the Netflix characters look to the sky at an ominous light/event/figure with accompanying ominous then
>pic related
then they get included with the half of the universal population that instantly dies/vanishes
>>
>>80931748
It will be garbage like anything Marvel has done.
>>
>>80931748
>Will the Russos manage to redeem The Avengers after the damage done by Whedon?

Well Ultron isn't in this movie and he was easily the worst thing about it since everyone loved the actual Avengers in the movie-- so sure?
>>
>>80932151
Thanks, anon. How do you suggest I go about reading it? Should I just read the TPB Collected Edition from 06 in chronological order?
>>
>>80932139
I did not say they would. I was just throwing ideas around.
>>
>>80931748
>quips from nearly a hundred different characters
Infinity War is going to be the definitive feel-good comedy of the 2010's.
>>
Don't really care how it plays out as long as it has this.
>>
>>80932533
Only if it's iron man in that scene holding caps shield, with cap dead in the background.
>>
>>80932380
Not the same anon but, you can just read Thanos Quest and the core IG series. The tie-ins for the most part are irrelevant to the story
>>
>>80931748
VisionxScarlet
More Vision
Vision is the heart of the team
Vision dies for maximum pay off and because logically he will die.
Apparently there's Magus as the main villain if the rumor was true which makes sense to build up Part 2 with Warlock.
>>
>>80932533
"Thanos...you are a shit...a dogfucking, fuck-faced shit."
"Language, Captain America."
>>
>>80932481
It's not made by Whedon though.

The Captain America movies probably had the least amount of quips in the MCU and the same writers are working on Infinity War.
>>
>>80932576
I will laugh my ass off if that happens
>>
>>80931748
Why would guys like Daredevil be mentioned? That's like if a movie about WWII mentioned a random bank robber in New York.
>>
>>80932618
> Everything comes down to what Cap and Strange have taught Wanda, and how she has grown as a person, in the moments after Thanos rips the stone out of Vision's head and goads her.

That would be epic.
>>
Honestly, if they dont shove in just about everyone Ill be pissed. I dont want this to be an avengers 3.0 I want just about everyone fighting thanos all at once.

I dont want another fucking "main villian has a bunch minions" I want thanos going hand to hand with everyone and handling his own against everyone.
>>
File: 1457643224030.jpg (30 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1457643224030.jpg
30 KB, 444x444
The only thing I can say is that the movie have a billion dollar budget, so expect a billion dollar worth of a cast. And the fact that this movie will be the climax of the MCU, hell, probably the whole cape movie genre, I expect everybody from the MCU to show up, be mentioned or have a cameo

But for now, I think it's safe to assume that the movie is being coinceived as simply a crossover between the guardians of the galaxy and the avengers, both parts. Because you know, both teams/movies made a shitload of money for marvel and it would be insane not to feature both on the same movie, they have to make billions of dollars on ticket sale, and this is the strategy on the marketing/financial side of things.

And we have to wait for doc strange, black panther and captain marvel movies.
>>
>>80932042
>no daredevil

you dun goofed.
>>
>>80931748
How to Handle TV Characters - A Guide to Fanservice:

>Infinity War - Part 1
>Big battle is about to happen, Thanos is coming for the rest of the gems
>Team just had a big loss
>Cap isn't confident, he's downright depressed and doesn't think he can do this
>Someone, Wanda or Widow wor whatever, has an idea
>Uses the Time gem
>Travels back to the 50's
>Brings Peggy to him
>Peggy gives Cap an emotional peptalk, little kiss for fanservice sake
>Cap's on his feet again

>Part 2
>Final battle against Thanos
>Thanos has a thing on another thing that opens a massive portal on New York and sends paper mache aliens in
>Defenders and SHIELD show up
>Orgasmic 5 minute scene of them fighting the aliums, cutting to the Avengers trying to get the thing on another thing
>Avengers remove the thing from the other thing
>Portal closes
>Coulson quips or some shit, fans jizz on the theater
>SHIELD has enough references to fill 3 seasons after that, maybe ''THE SECOND BATTLE OF NY'' or something
>Daredevil barely mentions it and has some character saying he was worried sick since Matt was nowhere to be found during ''The Great Incident''
>implying JJ will have a season 2
>Luke and Danny joke about it

There you go, Marvel, I'll take that in money in cash.
>>
>>80932779
Why do I get the feeling that Spider-Man won't show up in the MCU past Civil War and his own solo films.
>>
>>80932375
The only way I can imagine a cast this size being handled is to lump it into groups like LOTR.

So we alternate between:
>Thanos
>Wanda/Strange
>Thor/Hulk + Carol
>Guardians
>Avengers + BP on Earth (heavy focus on Vision in the first one, because we all know he's gonna die at the end).
>>
>>80932798
>There you go, Marvel

I hope you're not implying that any of these things exist in the same universe. I'm sure they were intended to at some time but cmon son.
>>
File: 1455481943546.gif (909 KB, 400x361) Image search: [Google]
1455481943546.gif
909 KB, 400x361
>>80932798

yes, yes, please, this is all I wanted.

Someone send this to marvel
>>
>>80932998
It's fucking terrible though.
>>
>>80932998
he posted that ironically, dipshit
>>
Man, I expect Infinity War Part 2 to make an insane amount of money.

Where can you even go after a movie like this in the cape genre? I honestly think this will be the moment that casual fans will start going less and less to superhero movies. Sure they'll still be succesful, but I don't think studios will be able to deliver something "bigger and better" like normies expect. Maybe if we ever get a Marvel/DC crossover movie.
>>
>>80933065
>>80933068
Not him but it's actually what people fucking want. People NEED to be reimbursed for watching Agents of N.O.T.C.A.N.O.N.
>>
Here's what.

Part 1
Thanos Quest

Part 2
Infinity Gauntlet
>>
>>80933115

This not canon meme is by far the most stupid bait i've ever seen

and i'm retarded
>>
So how many casualties can we expect when Thanos wipes out half of the galaxy?
About 300?
>>
>>80932798
In reality:

>Infinity War - Part 1
>Big battle is about to happen, Thanos is coming for the rest of the gems
>Team just had a big loss
>Cap isn't confident, he's downright depressed and doesn't think he can do this
>Someone, Wanda or Widow wor whatever, has an idea
>Uses the Time gem
>Travels back to 3 days ago
>Now he has time to warn the team of Thanos

>Part 2
>Final battle against Thanos
>Thanos has a thing on another thing that opens a massive portal on New York and sends paper mache aliens in
>Avengers remove the thing from the other thing
>Portal closes
>The events of GotG are merely referenced
>TV shows are then deemed not canon by the Russos
>>
>>80933187
It'll remain psudocanon until they're referenced in the movies. Nick Fury somehow keeps showing up despite the fact that Coulson is the fucking director now.
>>
Making Wanda the central character is a good idea. She has Cap as the guy who turned her around, Strange as her mentor, Tony as the guy she learns to forgive, and Vision as her robo bf.
>>
>>80933254
Maybe he'll make a baby cry.
>>
File: 1456717101328.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1456717101328.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>80933254
>>
>>80933254
>Oops, I dropped the cube!
>>
>>80932989

They mention the Battle of New York roughly 6 gorillion times in Daredevil season 1.
>>
>>80933789
The first seasons of every MCU show had references. Currently, none.
>>
>>80932776
Literally this.

I don't care about good storytelling or whatever, for this movie, in this unique and special case I only want EVERY FUCKING BODY fighting Thanos/His Army at once, in the same scene and with lots of team up moves.
>>
>>80934268
I want a scene where Daredevil has to hear his heartbeat and tells Quake precisely where to vibrate Cap's shield after Hulk throws it to Thor who smashes it in Thanos' direction.
>>
>>80933312
This.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.