[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In less then a week we will finally know what the creative line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: rebirth1.jpg (57 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
rebirth1.jpg
57 KB, 786x393
In less then a week we will finally know what the creative line up of this mess will be.

What are your hopes and expectations, /co/?

hope: it won't be shit

expectation: it will be shit.months of shitposting and pretending like nu52 was actually good overall
>>
>>80931600
>hopes
It's good

>expectations
It's shit
>>
It will probably be the same as it is now.There will be some good stuff some shit stuff but no matter what people will claim that DC is doing everything wrong.
>>
Hopes
>The writers I like will be on characters I like
>RHATO continues to function as Lobdell containment
>There will be a high ratio of good to bad books
>Double shipping books will have multiple art teams but maintain a consistent tone/look

Expectations
>Writers I like will be on things I don't want to read
>There's a shitload of mediocre and a few bad writers, only a small handful of good books
>The art on double shipping books will be all over the place, tons of fill ins
>There'll be a few good enjoyable books, a lot of bland mediocre books, a few shitty books
>>
>>80931600
I don't really care. The fact DC has left it hanging for this long seems to be a string indicator that most, if not all the teams suck. Rebirth is already a failure by dint of waiting so long.

Well, a failure of quality anyway. You nerds will by three copies of every book because you're a bunch of battered spouses.
>>
I'm going to guess the art on most of the books is going to be a mess. They will stick their best artists to rotate on the big titles, like Batman and JL, and that will leave less quality art for the majority of other titles.
>>
>>80931809
>The fact DC has left it hanging for this long seems to be a string indicator that most, if not all the teams suck
How so?
>>
>>80931743
Marveldrones will claim they're doing everything wrong. DCucks will claim it's gold. Agreed that it will have good stuff and bad stuff. Hopefully it skews towards the good stuff and not the bad, and the writers and editors seem to have a cohesive vision in mind.
>>
Hopes
>Blue Beetle will be good and about Ted
>Robinson will return to DC
>we'll get line wide character redesigns not all done by a single artist
>Titans line won't be shit
>art is varied

Expectations
>Creators I like will either go to Marvel and produce lesser work or will float about for a while
>art is more "house" with shitty colorists and inkers due too bi-weekly schedule
>a lot of good talent will get wasted on HB reboot which will flop
>>
>>80931881
Because why hide the teams for so long if not out of shame? There's building hype, and there's holding it off so long that people lose interest.
>>
>>80931791
Pretty mch this. I've seen a larger number of creators I don't like confirm that they are doing something in Rebirth than creators I do like. I also hope we get some minis too because that line up of titles is very boring.

I'm hoping for Riley Rossmo to do a project for them, Sonny Liew, Michel Fiffe, Spurrier, Mike Carey, Nathan Fox.

Also, Seaguy this year.
>>
>>80932036
What is the appropriate amount of time to build hype, then?
>>
>>80932038
I'm glad that I know people like King, Orlando, Seeley (I think?), Williams are sticking around so I'm sure there'll be a few things I want to read, but I'm a little more worried about the art teams

Also I'm worried that the only good books will be Batman/Batfamily related and everything else will keep being lame
>>
I would really like DC to take this as an opportunity to get new artists into the business. They have so many double shipping titles that they need people to fill in.

>>80932036
I can kinda understand your point, but I think their problem was just announcing it too soon. There is still a ways until the launch happens, so they need to fill that time with a slow trickle.
>>
>>80932077
A few weeks at most. This has been going on for over a month. Far too long.
>>
>>80932146
I like those guys but I don't like Lobdell, Jurgens, Pak, Tomasi and these are all confirmed. And Taylor is looking likely. And so is Finch.

On art I only know Ferreyra is doing something for Rebirth. And that Kuder is not.
>>
What are they going to do about the June solicits? Other companies are already putting theirs out. DC going to hold off on revealing them until after Wondercon, and after everyone else has theirs out?
>>
>>80932335
If I was them, I would put them out before Wondercon starts. That way word of mouth at the convention can generate interest and give them some early fan feedback.
>>
>>80931600
>What are your hopes and expectations, /co/?

>Hope

That it will be good

>Expectation

It will have a mix of good and shit, but will do absolutely fuck all to improve DC's sales of anything other than Bat-related characters.
>>
I hope they switch most of their books to monthlies again. The art is going to be unbearable and most of them can't sustain bi-weeklies.

I also hope we're going to get some niche books down the line, even if they're just mini-series. DC's less popular properties are usually my favorite and I don't care too much about the Justice League members. Yeah I know they don't sell, doesn't mean I can't hope we'll still get some more niche books.
>>
>>80932410

Doesn't having that information out undercut their big Rebirth announcement Friday?
>>
I think it'll be more of a financial success than people want to admit. Every A-lister and big character with a #1 and bi-weekly. They've also cut down on the niche titles which no one buys, and were mostly responsible for the loss in their market share. Filling their complete lineup with big characters will surely help them financially.

Batman, though, will sell less than he used to.
>>
Wait, is this another reset-the-numbers thing? I thought the point of Rebirth was they were going back to the original, pre-Flashpoint numbering for all applicable books.
>>
>>80932681
>Batman, though, will sell less than he used to.
Why's that?
>>
>>80932767
Only for Action and Detective
>>
>>80932178
I think they were forced to announce early by the BC leaks, really
>>
>>80932767
No, only Detective and Action will go back to original numbering.

Rest will get new #1's.
>>
>>80932182
They announced Rebirth on Feb 19th didn't they? What's the difference between "a few weeks" and "five weeks"
>>
>>80932513
It could, or it could garner more attention for the panel and let people prepare questions and such.
>>
>>80932284
I know Venditti is confirmed too and if he's still on GL I'm going to scream

>>80932335
They'll probably put out incomplete solicits, since there's still minis and Vertigo books that need to be solicited that aren't part of Rebirth
>>
>>80932849
Didio posted the Rebirth picture on Jan 22.
>>
File: Rebirth Shipping.jpg (275 KB, 1207x2048) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth Shipping.jpg
275 KB, 1207x2048
>>80932767
The only books going back to their original numbering are Tec and Action, everything else is getting a #1
>>
>>80932913
That was just a teaser, they didn't actually announce anything concrete until February
>>
>>80932829
I can believe it. Which sucks because it undercut all their plans.
>>
>>80932799
Batman has a lot of casual readership. The renumbering will confuse many, like it did with ANAD titles like Ms Marvel and Thor.
Snyder was also acclaimed by a lot of people, and managed to pull some numbers.
>>
Am I the only one getting #1 fatigue or is this just how they number story arcs now?
>>
>>80933039

That's how Marvel does it. IT's frustrating to see DC fall back on the same tactic now, but at least they won't be renumbering everything multiple times a year.
>>
>>80933039
DC hasn't done renumbering since 2011. Marvel has done it once a year from 2012 to now.

Renumbering isn't a "Big Two" thing. It's a Marvel thing.
>>
I'm mainly curious what the future holds for Batman, Nightwing, Titans. Since at least Batman and NW have good editorial, I'm fairly optimistic for those. That's all, pretty much. Would've liked Grayson and Midnighter to go on for longer, but I'm ready for whatever.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.