[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should superheroes address current social issues?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1456302657732.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1456302657732.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
Should superheroes address current social issues?
>>
>>80931217
>it's too much to bear
You just know a faggot wrote this
>>
>>80931217
Depends how hamfisted it is and if the character has displayed care for the issues previously.
Characters like Green Arrow? Sure.
>>
when you put a little statistics clip in the middle of your message comic, you went too far with it
>>
Should a group of people, the vast majority of whom are called to action in disgust of the current social state of affairs and now pursue questionably-legal (or flat-out-illegal) means of vigilantism in order to effect sociopolitical change, address current social issues?

What the hell else would they do?
>>
IT wouldn't be capeds if they didn't.
>>
Only if I agree with the author's stance on the issue.
>>
>>80931217
they always have and they always will
>>
Yeah, like cyberbullying, transphobia, and immigration control.
>>
File: 1448549831695.jpg (86 KB, 646x720) Image search: [Google]
1448549831695.jpg
86 KB, 646x720
How would DC and Marvel honestly react if Trump made it to the White House?
>>
>>80931217
>current
Since when has things been different? The only change I see is that its OK to openly hate white people. Or rather, it is encouraged.

Was there ever better times or are we only now realizing racism goes multiple ways.
>>
>>80931728
It's not racist if it's against whites.
>>
>>80931682
By giving him more legimicy. None of them seem to understand that Trump's rise is a symptom of their outrage. No matter how many times they repeat it.
>>
>>80931682
How did they react with the whole Nixon thing?
>>
>>80931682
Immediately introduce a stand-in called President Grump who does all kinds of eeeevil right wing schemes
>>
>>80931682
He'll obviously be President Supervillain....which I'd actually love.
I don't dislike Trump, in fact I might actually like him a lot, he stirs a lot of conflicting feelings in me but the guy WANTS to be divisive. He wants the people who love him to worship him and the people hate him to despise him. So he'd probably want Marvel to portray him as a handswringing Psycho in the Oval Office rather than another boring faceless President like Marvel has done in the past.
>>
>>80931217
They should write good stories, something that isn't mutually exclusive to social issues.
>>
>>80931217
Holy shit that's cringeworthy.
>>
They can, but there's a fine line between referencing current issues to add another dimension to a story, and straightforward strawmanning and preaching platitudes.

You'd think a vigilante giving a police officer grief over reacting impulsively in a city characterized by rampant violence and corruption would be a hard premise to screw up but....
>>
>>80932664
Why would Batman be forgiving of people responsible for shooting deaths of presumed innocents?
>>
>>80931217
>Should superheroes address current social issues?
Of course they should. That's why they even exist in the first fucking place.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.