[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like Steven Universe but does anyone feel like its lost some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: girl.png (312 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
girl.png
312 KB, 500x628
I like Steven Universe but does anyone feel like its lost some of its charm? As it goes along it feels like its taking more and more cues from anime like some kind of shounen gumbo but doesn't really bring anything new. Seeing episodes where character go YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME for the 10th time gets a little tiring. I really liked when the show was about the adventure and Steven learning new powers along the way. Now its become a character drama where none of the characters are particularly fresh or interesting. Heck, this aspect has been done in Western shows much better too.

Anyway. I feel like this show tries to be a jack of all trades, master of none type affair yet mainly gets praise for being a western animated production.
>>
Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way. Season 2 has overall been a letdown for me. That said, I do still watch it, just not with as much enthusiasm as I once did.
>>
>>80929980
I think the season would have been just fucking fine... if it weren't for the fact that we're having to wait two, three, six months between fucking episodes.

The overall quality of episodes is just as good as what we got in season one, but because we have to go through these stupid fucking dry spells it kills a ton of the pacing and plot development
>>
>>80930165
I hear this argument all the time, but I think it's a poor excuse
>>
>>80929980
It feels like it's lost some charm, but for me it's the lack of a real schedule. I'm not really a big fan of "Here's five episodes, see ya in about 3-6 months." That kind of gap gives me time to lose interest and forget about, with each time I come back being more and more lackluster.
>>
>>80929980
>I like Steven Universe but does anyone feel like its lost some of its charm?
No. You're just a huge faggot who lets 4chan tell you what to think.
>>
I don't think the show was ever supposed to be an action show. It has always been a comedy to me. People overrate it because the social justice aspect and the deepest lore parts but it's really just a normal show. It doesn't come close to stuff like ATLA or Samurai Jack.

That said, I don't think there has been a drop in quality since season 2 started. It's still same old, same old.
>>
File: SJW is cancer Steven.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SJW is cancer Steven.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
Is SU really made by SJWs?
>>
S2 was supposed to be different than S1 because its been building up to this. They couldnt just keep the show a basic and charming SoL with just a little bit of drama and action forever. Rose Quartz, the homeworld, and other gems were all something that had to be elaborated on, for it to remain interesting they needed those things.
>>
>>80929980
shounen gumbo sounds delicious
>>
>>80929980
Its the same thing its always been. Nothing has changed.
>>
>>80929980
I noticed your problem.

You like this garbage show.
>>
>>80929980
Honestly no, I feel like it's improved if anything.

The only issue the show has is CN and its fucking bomb format and near-constant hiatuses, its fucking with the show's pacing
>>
>>80929980
Personally I like that we've seen all the characters at both their highest and lowest points in season 2.
>>
>>80930348
yes
>>
>>80930165
>dry spells it kills a ton of the pacing and plot development

A work's pacing should never be based on how quickly it was aired
>>
>>80930324
>You're just a huge faggot who lets 4chan tell you what to think.

How is any of this 4chan's opinion? Kys
>>
>>80931155
But thats wrong. It what killed Gravity falls. By the time the finale rolled over everyone was just waiting for it to be done with.
>>
>>80930165
I'm starting to think this website had warped people's taste. Everything nowadays is judged on how many threads you can milk out of it and when the hiatus causes the discussion fuel to dry up people turn to hating what they used to like just so that they have an excuse to keep posting.
>>
>>80931211
That had nothing to do with its airing but how the second half of S2 was written.
>>
>>80930348
and outsource studio Koreans
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.