[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've seen this. If you have any questions, I'll answer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 26
File: X-Men - Apocalypse.jpg (119 KB, 600x863) Image search: [Google]
X-Men - Apocalypse.jpg
119 KB, 600x863
I've seen this.

If you have any questions, I'll answer it. I already answered some in another thread.
>>
How much wolverine is there
>>
>>80927665
Post credit scene ?
>>
Is it worth watching?
>>
What's the Stan Lee cameo?
>>
File: X-Men Timperley.jpg (176 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
X-Men Timperley.jpg
176 KB, 800x1185
>>80927665
Does he wear the mask? It's in the posters.
>>
>>80927665
Where would you rank it among the other movies?
>>
How does Apoc awake in modern day?
>>
>>80927693
Nothing but a blurry photograph.

>>80927708
Not that I know of.

>>80927709
It's alright.

>>80927735
He's a man caught in a traffic jam on a bridge. He honks in the car in front of him and yells "come on, move it!", then the car is coincidentally swapped into the river by a telekinetic blast and he stands there looking dumbfounded.

>>80927742
Sadly no.
>>
>>80927792
He's awakened by archaeologists.
>>
>>80927766
Below X2 and DOFP. Above everything else.
>>
>>80927665
How is Cyclops? I am so afraid after what original trilogy did to him. Any JEEEEEEAN moments?
>>
>>80928296
He's actually pretty good, and I never really liked Cyclops. The kid playing him has range, and the character has a nice, if cliched, journey from outcast to leader.

No overt JEEEEAAAAN moments, but the spark of romance is there, and they're the ones that deliver the killing blow to Apocalypse, alongside Storm.
>>
>>80927665
How would you rate Sophie's acting?
>>
>>80928349
What is Apocs origin in this movie? He looks like he is on some alien tablet in the trailer.
Can we get a complete plot?
I loved DoFP and First Class, is this movie better than them, in your opinion? Why?
>>
>>80928394
7/10, she did pretty good. Just couldn't sell some more dramatic lines.
>>
>>80927665
How are Fassbender and Lawrence? I had impression in DOFP that they sometimes acted like they didn't want to be in this anymore
>>
>>80927665
I have a question.

Can you please not release this trash anymore? It's been stinking up theaters for years.
>>
>>80928409
Apocalypse is the first mutant. He's pure energy that possesses mutant bodies. The tabled you see is the machine that transfers his life force from an old body to a new one.

It's not better than DOFP in my opinion, but is definitely better than FC. I'd rate it a 8/10 overall. Gonna do a brief overall summary shortly.
>>
>>80927665
How much Jennifer Lawrence is in the movie and how much Mystique is in the movie?
>>
>>80927665

hey, fellow fox employee
what department you work in?
>>
Why the fuck would you make two threads where you vaguely answer obvious questions instead of just post a plot synopsis?

Post a detailed plot synopsis including information not seen in promotional material or fuck off.
>>
>>80928496
So is it like a human sacrifice to Apocalypse? Is it an honour or is it forced?
>>
>>80928464
Fassbender is great as usual, bur doesn't get to stretch his acting muscles quite as much while in Horseman mode.

Lawrence is serviceable, but does come off as not wanting to be there and never goes the extra mile like McAvoy, Fassbender or Isaac do.

>>80928542
She's in it throughout, but does stay a large amount of it in human form. You only get more blue in the end.
>>
File: 2018.jpg (203 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2018.jpg
203 KB, 1680x1050
>>80927665
>If you have any questions...

Why do you post on /co/?
Are you actually a comic fan working for Fox?
Why is the X-Men timeline so irregular, do they not plan any of this out?
>>
>>80928622
It can be both.

>>80928619
I'm writing it down. I've only seen it once, and it's a rough cut.
>>
>>80928705
I like comics and cartoons and this place has no filter, which can be refreshing.

Yeah.

They pretty much don't, figuring out universes only really became a thing after the MCU got stronger.
>>
>>80928672
Speaking of Isaac, how is his Apocalypse?

Does he ever reference the "rocks of the eternal shore" speech from the cartoon?
>>
Alright, I did my best.

Begins with "2001"-esque imagery of the birth of humanity with a narration by Xavier on the different approaches of science and religion to evolution, and how sometimes they can become one and the same, as we see a caveman become possessed by Apocalypse.

Cut to ancient Egypt. Apocalypse is in an old, withered body, as his followers wait outside his temple, chanting his name and praying for his ressurrection. The Four Horsemen, hooded figure with techno-stone suits, bring a man (Oscar Isaac) into the chamber. The priestress slashes the man's neck, but he recovers. He's a mutant with Wolverine-tier healing. He's one of the followers.

The man is loaded into a tablet, Apocalypse in other, and Apocalypse transfers his consciousness into the mutant's body, rendering him blue. As he celebrates, he is betrayed by his Horsemen, who seal him away in a tomb and bury it in a deep chamber within the pyramid. The horsemen then appear before the followers and claim En Sabah Nur is dead.

Cut to 1989, as archaeologists are excavating the tomb of En Sabah Nur, the "forgotten pharaoh", they find the chamber where he's entombed. One of the archaeologists reads an inscription they've pieced together from their research and manage to open the tomb, through which Apocalypse emerges and feeds off of their life force to regain a semblance of his strength.

Apocalypse stumbles into modern day Cairo and is disgusted by what his kingdom has been reduced to. As he walks around, covered in a cloak, and happens upon Storm, a street urchin and pickpocket, when she creates a gust of wind to distract some passerbyes so she can snag and dash. Apocalypse follows her into a flophouse where she's holed up and finds her going through the meager gains of the day. Storm is weak, barely able to conjure lighting, which Apocalypse dodges. He then uncloaks, revealing himself to her, caresses her face, and calls her "my child". Her hair begins to turn white.
>>
>>80929125

keep going I'd believe it
>>
>>80929125
>Cut to 1989
>Apocalypse stumbles into modern day Cairo

You had one job.
>>
>>80929125
Keep going famuel
>>
File: 1455131562562.jpg (184 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455131562562.jpg
184 KB, 1080x1080
>>80929125
Sounds cliche. And I don't like Apocalypse transferring bodies.

Well anyway, who is behind the costume choice design -- why is Deadpool's superior?
Does Mystique stay on the X-team in the end?
Does Magneto have a family in the beginning?
>>
Tell me about Jubilee, why is she so cute?
>>
Are nightcrawler and Mystique related? That's all I care aboot
>>
>>80929125
This segues into a montage of war, destruction and chaos, which turns out to be a nightmare from Jean Grey. She's a student at the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, which is now a public institution. Jean wakes up, Xavier is by her bedside and comforts her. She tells him she saw the end of the world, but Xavier reassures her it was just a dream. They walk around the mansion, discussing their powers and how Jean came into becoming Xavier's first student. Xavier says he had nearly lost hope, but Mystique taught him there was a better future worth fighting for, and Jean, to him, symbolizes that hope for tomorrow. Mystique, I should add, is kind of a mutant hero for saving the President. Jubilee is another student at the mansion and Jean's roommate.

Cut to Russia. Storm, now powerful as fuck, approaches Caliban, a broker who provides mutant mercenaries for stuff like assassinations, sabotage and shit. Apocalypse arrives and demands someone strong and merciless. In comes Psylocke, who quickly sneaks upon Storm with her sword, and upon being disarmed, pulls out her psi-blade. They have a brief girl fight before Apocalypse stops and recruits her to be the second Horseman.

We then meet Scott Summers, who is brought into the Xavier School by his estranged older brother Alex Summers. Scott doesn't want to be there and is a douche to Alex, Xavier, Jubilee and Hank McCoy, but gets interested in Jean and agrees to stay for a weekend. Hank is not particularly thrilled with Scott, since he's all like "I'm superior to everyone", which reminds him of Magneto. Xavier says there is no more Magneto.
>>
>>80929496

Keep going
>>
>>80928496
What are his bodies powers in this. I know hes a sentience and i guess he can control other mutants but can he actually alter his size and shape or was that some kinda dream sequence from the commercials?
>>
>>80929251
Modern Day Cairo compared to Ancient Cairo, Faggot.
>>
>>80929642
But the movie takes place at 1983 anyway.
>>
>>80929125
>>80929496
Sounds legit, keep going OP
>>
>>80929664
It's still Modern Cairo in terms of the film. You're just looking for things to nitpick
>>
>>80927665
Any hints of where the franchise may go after this movie like hinting the next antagonist or something similar?
>>
>>80929744

Can't you fucking read? Guy said 1989. It's been know that the movie takes place at 1983.
>>
>>80929496
Cut to Erik Lensherr living in a small village in Poland with a wife and small daughter. He's still wanted by the government and went off the grid, and the townspeople don't know he has powers. He works at the local steel mill and leads a generally happy life. Apocalypse, Storm and Psylocke show up at the factor and Apocalypse disables everyone so he can try to bring Erik to his side, but Erik refuses, and even uses his magnetism to fend Storm and Psylocke off. Apocalypse leaves with a cryptic warning that his façade won't last, and we see he left one worker awake to witness the whole exchange, including Erik using his powers.

Cut to Mystique in Germany, intercepting a truck transporting young mutants to an underground fight club where they're forced to fight for high rollers. She is then intercepted by a military group led by William Stryker, who has become obsessed with capturing her since she let Wolverine go before Stryker could get to him, and because she changed public perception of mutants for the better. Mystique beats up his men and escapes.

At the fight club, we see Angel being pitted against Nightcrawler, who wins. The crowd wants Nightcrawler to finish Angel off, but Nightcrawler refuses. The club owner then decides to have them both executed nevertheless, but Apocalypse and his followers arrive and kill the bodyguards. Nightcrawler teleports away, while Angel pleads allegiance to Apocalypse and becomes Archangel and proceeds to slaughter the high rollers as a terrified Nightcrawler watches from afar.

BRB.
>>
File: 1422283787818.webm (3 MB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
1422283787818.webm
3 MB, 640x272
>>80928714
>it's a rough cut
Can the effects at all measure up to Wolverine Origins: Chinese Bootleg Rough Cut?
>>
THE NAME OF MAGNETOS KID?
>>
>>80929842
It looks like Angel is a real devil.
>>
File: wolverine feels.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wolverine feels.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>80927799
>Nothing but a blurry photograph
>>
File: 1458399169720.jpg (103 KB, 601x665) Image search: [Google]
1458399169720.jpg
103 KB, 601x665
>>80929496
>how Jean came into becoming Xavier's first student
it's the little things that are the most annoying.
>>
>>80929958
So it's easier to recast him.

>Wolverine will hit on a barely legal Jean Grey
>>
>>80929880
We already know she dies in the next scene.
>>
>>80929880
I'm assuming the kid is the mothers and nod magnetos.
>>
Polaris?
>>
Two questions

Who dies?

How do they beat Apocalypse?
>>
>>80930126
no
>>
so why is Mystique not in jail?
>>
>>80930207
There were interviews with Fassbender. His family gets killed like 2 scenes in.
>>
>>80927742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVyt6GfkJpw
>>
>>80929429
>Cyke absent

>Just imagine you didn't watch the movies before
>Now you learn that fucking JLaw promotional pic is actually an interpretation of Mystique

Actually, no need to imagine shit, it's just terrible as it is
>>
At the X-Mansion, Scott makes an ass of himself during a class taught by Xavier and gets into a fight with Jean. She thinks he's a douchebag, he thinks she's a nerd and a teacher's pet. It's supposed to be cute, but honestly it just feels awkward.

Back to Poland, as Erik leaves for work (his wife's name is Magda and the daughter is named Anya, for whoever asked). Erik arrives at the plant and slowly notices the men lining up around him, led by the guy that saw he's a mutant. They jump him and hit him with a tire iron, knocking him out.

When Erik comes to, he's tied up in front of his home, as the townspeople drag his wife and daughter out as they plead for help. He's too weak from the blow on his head, and just pleads mercy, but the townspeople tie them to poles and aim arrows at them. Erik yells for them not to. They set his house on fire, accuse Erik of being a monster and an aberrator, and kill the wife and daughter via firing squad. It's tense as fuck, almost R-rating tier, I don't even know if that shit will be allowed in the PG-13 cut.

Erik is next on the execution. The townspeople intend to burn him at stake, but he begins crying and yelling and suddenly everything metal goes crazy. Erik then kills the lynch mob with their own metal belongings, like the prom scene from Carrie, but once again lets his accuser live to go and tell the tale. He then pulls his wife and daughter's mangled corpses from the poles, slowly fixes their hair and clothes and gives them a funeral pyre, while sharing them a story from his childhood he had earlier promised the little girl he'd tell. Xavier senses his pain from afar and dread overcomes him.
>>
Mystique arrives at the fight club and finds the massacrated bodies of the locals, with Nightcrawler staying behind to pray for each of their souls, as an act of forgiveness for what they put him through. She asks him what happened, and he relays his brief encounter with Apocalypse. Mystique then decides to take him back to the Xavier mansion.

Back in the town, it's now deserted. Everyone has fled. Erik is alone in the steel mill, mourning his death, when Apocalypse returns. Erik accuses him of ruining his life, but Apocalypse spews out some sick logic of merely pulling a thread that would unravel sooner or later, and inflict pain upon Erik now that he can grow stronger from it rather than later when it would just consume him. Apocalypse then convinces Erik to become the final Horseman, and enhances his powers, allowing Erik to level the entire town.

Mystique and Nightcrawler arrive at the X-Mansion, and Nightcrawler gets to know Jean and Jubilee, while the other students are afraid of him. Cyclops is a dick to Nightcrawler, which Beast remarks reminds him of how Havok was a dick to him. Mystique and Xavier reunite, and Mystique tells Xavier about Apocalypse. Xavier finds it suspicious, and decides to visit Moira McTaggert over at the CIA with Alex since she's become an expert in mutant phenomena. Cyclops, that edgy rebel, rallies Jean, Nightcrawler and Jubilee to go blow some steam off at the mall, where they get into a fight with some local bullies and it's all kinda' silly.

At CIA headquarters, Xavier reunites with Moira. She doesn't remember him because he wiped her mind, but is still attracted to him and respects his contributions for the mutant cause. She gives a basic infodrop on Apocalypse and we find out Stryker is also consulting with the CIA, and trying to get them to approve the Weapon X Program.
>>
>>80930743
>They jump him and hit him with a tire iron, knocking him out.
>Tire iron
>Iron

master of magnatism
>>
>>80929496
Is Jubilee just at the Mansion, do we get any fireworks?
>>
>>80930960
If he gets jumped and wasn't expecting it, I think its OK.
>>
>>80930958
>it's all kinda' silly
That must not be a bad thing.
>>
I've seen this movie. It's legitimately an 8/10.

I rate it higher than civil war, which I've also seen.
>>
This sounds really fucking neato. The X films out side or 3 and origins are my favorite super hero movies. I don't understand how anyone could like the MCU more. Gonna be sad so see Hugh go. I'm 30 so he has been Wolverine for literally half my life.
>>
>>80931419
does your dad work at nintendo too??
>>
Where's the rest?
>>
>>80930958
>Cyclops, that edgy rebel
That's brilliant
>>
>>80931589
He's typing it out as we speak, I understand.
>>
>>80931419
Then spoil us. How have you seen them? Have you seen any other comic book movies?
>>
>>80931601

The point is since they're all teens working their shit out they're pretty much all the complete opposite of how they end up as adults.
>>
>>80931667
I get it, and I'm into it...I just found that part of the description hilarious
>>
File: 1377671528509.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1968) Image search: [Google]
1377671528509.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1968
>>80931601
Rightclops begins
>>
>>80929842
Hwo does Angel kill people?
>>
>>80931738

a bazooka
>>
File: 1392981902221.gif (778 KB, 245x190) Image search: [Google]
1392981902221.gif
778 KB, 245x190
>>80931807
>>
>>80927665
So, Jubilee is pretty much a glorified window dressing then? A non factor, just a passer by.
>>
>>80931977

she's there to get the 90s cartoon kids to watch the movie

Fuck Jubilee
Armor is where it's at
>>
Any questions you say?

Why do all the trailers say coming memorial day like its supposed to mean anything to me here in Canada?

Had to google that shit.
>>
>>80932067
You are missing out. Memorial Day is like grilling season kick off down here.
>>
seriously though are we just gonna ignore that Mystique tried to kill a major government official
>>
>>80932189
damn. Now i want cheddarwurst on a potato roll with grilled onions, roasted red peppers, and some spicy brown mustard with horseradish.
>>
>>80930958
He is a big mutant
>>
>>80932795
For you.
>>
File: Egoraptor shock.png (209 KB, 909x815) Image search: [Google]
Egoraptor shock.png
209 KB, 909x815
>>80930743
Can I pay just to see this scene, please?
>>
>>80932288
She has to be the fucking bad guy eventually.
>>
>>80933146
Nah, she's done
>>
>>80933217
Gone as in.. "rides off into the sunset", or "We get to watch Jennifer Lawrence die on screen?"
>>
>>80932692
Now I know what I will be grilling on Memorial Day
>>
Apologies. Gotta' type faster now.

Quicksilver arrives at the X-Mansion searching for his father after hearing reports of Magneto destroying Poland and reunites with Beast and Mystique. Meanwhile, Xavier, Moira and Havok return to search for Apocalypse using Cerebro, but Apocalypse instead infects Xavier's mind, forcing Havok to cut off the connection. Jean senses Xavier's distress due to a telepathic link they share, and the young mutants return to the X-Mansion just as Apocalypse and the Horsemen attack it to kidnap Xavier and seize control of the Cerebro technology.

The young mutants attempt to intervene and shit goes south HARD, with Archangel killing Jubilee (she had a little bit of a flirt with Nightcrawler). Havok sacrifices himself to hold off the Horsemen while Beast and Mystique lead Moira and the young surviving mutants to the lower levels, but he is killed by Apocalypse, who proceeds to curbstomp the young mutants with his multiple powers. Apocalypse then leaves with the Horsemen and Xavier after Quicksilver manages to extract everyone to a safe location.
>>
>>80933614
>Archangel killing Jubilee
YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD TO ME, WARREN.
>>
>>80933614
>Beast and Jubilee dying
Retcon inbound...
>>
>>80933614
Well...fuck. Deadpool better be in an AU where that shit did not happen.
>>
Surely it was a mistype and he didn't mean Beast dies... Can you clarify?
>>
>>80933614
Apocalypse leads the Horsemen back to Cairo, where he excavates his pyramic, containing advanced technology including the transfer tablet. He then announces his plans to purge the Earth of the weak and create a better world from its ashes. Storm is uncomfortable when Apocalypse commits a massacre with his powers, to increase hisn own strength. His power, of course, is to transfer his mind to Xavier's body. While being held captive, Xavier manages to reach out to Storm, who has been persecuted as a "witch" by all her life, and resents the human race for what they done to her because she's "another innocent' despite her being innocent and her own person, which Xavier points out she is doing right now. Xavier and Magneto also share a moment, with Xavier claiming Magneto's grief is blinding him, and Magneto ignoring it. Psylocke and Archangel, though, are just psycho brutes.

The young mutants are scattered. Cyclops particularly takes Havok's death hard and is comforted by Jean, while Mystique gives Nightcrawler some advice. Quicksilver is disheartened his father is among the Horsemen. Eventually, Mystique decides to pick up the dust and go rescue Xavier and stop Apocalypse. Beast decides to accompany her, and one by one the young mutants agree as well, and Moira decides to join them as well, resigning from the CIA. Meanwhile, Stryker uses Apocalypse's massacre as proof mutants are dangerous and assembles a task-force codenamed "The Purifiers" to launch an all-out assault on Cairo, with a nuke being the last-ditch measure to prevent Apocalypse from fulfilling his plans.

Apocalypse's secret weapon is the Horsemen themselves. Although they are not directly referred to as such, they embody the basic aspects of the biblican Horsemen. War (Magneto), Death (Archangel), Famine (Storm) and Plague (Psylocke, I guess?)
>>
>>80933821
Havok dies.
>>
>>80933868
Thanks for clarifying bro.
>>
>>80927665
So the end of this movie is Nightcrawler trapping apocalypse in the other dimension and it turns trnasportation in to the hypest game of red light green light ever known to man?
>>
>>80933724
Actually reread that mate, Beast didn't stay
>>
The X-Men suit up in prototype battlesuits developed by Beast and head to Cairo to rescue Xavier and battle Apocalypse and the Horsemen. They are intercepted by the Horsemen, who destroy the X-Jet, and crash-land in the derelict ruins ot a town in Cairo, where they battle the Horsemen. The Purifies also arrive, leading to a threeway battle, though the Purifiers are quickly disposed of. During the fight, Jean has a vision of Stryker launching the nuke, which in turns causes other countries to launch nukes as well as destroys the world, with Apocalypse as the sole survivor.

Mystique is taken out by Apocalypse, so Cyclops levels up and rallies the X-Men to fight the Horsemen. Through a combined effort, they take down Archangel (Nightcrawler delivers the final blow) and Psylocke (honor goes to Jean). Cyclops fights Storm while Quicksilver fights Magneto. Magneto can't bring himself to kill Quicksilver upon learning he's his father, while Cyclops manages to get through to Storm and she switches side.

When the other Horsemen are taken out, Apocalypse arrives, defeats them almost effortlessly, and begins tearing the world apart. Magneto realizes the error of his ways when he notices a young woman and her daughter, very similar to his own lost family, being vaporized in Apocalypse's massacre. He turns the tables on Apocalypse and fights him, with Storm joining in, and eventually the other X-Men.
>>
Besides those mentioned in this synopsis, are there any other students or mutants? For a public institute, it sounds pretty empty.
>>
File: omega3.jpg (165 KB, 620x965) Image search: [Google]
omega3.jpg
165 KB, 620x965
>>80934219
is the Magneto/Apocalypse fight anything like the comics?
>>
>>80933614
> Magneto destroys Poland

b..but.. I'm Polish and I like mutants !
>>
>>80934219
>Mystique is taken out by Apocalypse, so Cyclops levels up and rallies the X-Men to fight the Horsemen
Please don't be bullshitting.
>>
>>80933614
Wait a second, Beast can't die now because he's with Mystique in the jet!
>>
>>80934325
Magneto, a Holocaust survivor and Nazi Hunter for years, levels a town in Poland.
I love it.
>>
>>80934420
See >>80933868
>>
>>80930743
Intense
>>
This sounds pretty formulaic desu. I liked DoFP but I was hoping they'd go BIGGER for Apoc. Up the scale for X-Men's biggest villain so it doesn't feel like just another X movie.

So what is Singer's big action sequence? He did the Nightcrawler scene in X2 and the Quicksilver scene in DoFP and he promised we'd get another.
>>
>>80934422
Why can't he level a city in Germany... Why did we even try to save the Jews during the war ?!
>>
>>80934475
X-Men vs Apocalypse or X-Men vs Horsemans ?A whole team effort, simillar to the final fight in AoU
>>
>>80934219
>During the fight, Jean has a vision of Stryker launching the nuke, which in turns causes other countries to launch nukes as well as destroys the world, with Apocalypse as the sole survivor.
>>
this is sounding pretty good, about time Scott gets the recognition he deserves
>>
>>80934475
There were reports of a Quicksilver scene in the X-Mansion (the one mentioned by OP about extracting the mutants from the Mansion during Apocalypse's attack) that took something like two weeks to film.
>>
>>80927665
who built the costumes?
>>
>>80934475
QS in the mansion. And a Nightcrawler battle. It's a greatest hits movie before he hands the next one over to Brett Ratner for the Sansa Stark Phoenix Saga.
>>
>>80929842
>captured nightcrawler.
what? how the fuck?
>>
>>80934219
This almost sounds like an X-Men movie instead of a Magneto/Xavier/Mystique/Wolverine movie
>>
>>80934219
Psylocke and Jubilee both die
Man, this is sounding lamer and lamer by the second.
>>
>>80934560
He never said Psylocke died. Just taken out of the fight.
>>
Yellow costumes when?
>>
>>80929496
>Apocalypse arrives and demands someone strong and merciless. In comes Psylocke

Well that's dumb and plotty as all fuck.
>>
Apocalypse is weakened and retreats to his pyramid to transfer his consciousness to Xavier. He leaves his original body, but Xavier resists him, leading to a psychic battle. Cyclops blasts the pyramid's defenses open and Jean uses her link to Xavier to help him battle Apocalypse in the astral plane, which also causes her to unlock her full powers.

Meanwhile, Stryker confronts Moira, accusing her of being a race traitor, and orders the launch. Moira alerts Magneto, who stops all the nukes in mid-air and dismantles them like he did in "First Class", but bigger. Nightcrawler saves Archangel from certain death as an act of forgiveness, while Quicksilver rescues Psylocke.

Apocalypse is so weakned by his battle with Xavier and Jean that he tries to return to the original body, but Mystique is impersonating it. Without the rapid healing, Apocalypse remains vulnerable both physically and mentally, and Xavier purges him out of Mystique's mind, losing all his hair in the process. Apocalypse vanishes, unable to exist without a physical form, and all his followers lose their powers. Pyslocke escapes to go off on her own, while Nightcrawler allows Angel, now in control of his own emotions, to flee.
>>
>>80934549
>before he hands the next one over to Brett Ratner for the Sansa Stark Phoenix Saga.
Don't remind me.
Fox has zero clue what they are doing so it's really up in the air after Singer leaves where the franchise will go.
>>
>>80934722
>Nightcrawler saves Archangel from certain death as an act of forgiveness,
Booooooo! He kills Jubilee and lives? Lame.
>>
>>80934722
>Xavier purges him out of Mystique's mind, losing all his hair in the process
Yeah, that sounds reasonable.
>>
>>80934722
>Apocalypse vanishes
I guess that's vague enough to set up Cable and the like
>>
>>80934722
>Apocalypse is so weakned by his battle with Xavier and Jean that he tries to return to the original body, but Mystique is impersonating it.
But why is Mystique doing that?
>>
>>80929251
Are you retarded?
>>
>>80934722

I believe it. Might actually watch it.
>>
>>80934722
The X-Men have won, but the government is coming. On Xavier's behalf, Cyclops destroys Apocalypse's technology so they can consfiscate it, and they escape.

Back in the X-Mansion, Xavier and Magneto make amends over past mistakes, Mystique and Beast rekindle their relationship, and Mystique decides to stay behind. Cyclops and Jean kiss, Cyclops and Nightcrawler cement themselves as bros, and Magneto decides to leave to find his own place, but assures Xavier he'll return one day, and "has one thing or two to teach these children". Quicksilver wants to go with him, but Magneto accepts him as a son, tells him he'd be proud to have Quicksilver as a member of the X-Men. Storm is also accepted into the Institute, as Jean's rooommate. As a gesture of kidness, she returns Jubilee's locket, which she had taken after Jubilee was killed. Jean also displays greater telepathic and telekinetic powers than Xavier has predicted, and we have the tiniest foreshadowing of a Dark Phoenix lurking in the future.

The mutants are blamed for the destruction of Cairo and the full-scale assault on the world. A young politician, Robert Kelly, is amassing followers with his claims of mutant registration. Moira returns to the X-Mansion, having officially resigned from the CIA, and reveals that Stryker's Weapon X Program has been approved, but she has stolen a copy of the files on Stryker's first target: Wolverine.

Xavier assembles the X-Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Beast and Mystique, and they depart to rescue Wolverine before Stryker gets to him.

Then we have a final stinger that didn't really make much sense, of a government official of some sort doing cleanup on Cairo. He finds a lone, forgotten piece of Apocalypse's technology and, upon touching it, his eyes become white, like Apocalypse's.
>>
Heh, I can believe it.

Seems like high-budget CGI stuff that isn't all that interesting in the end, though.

Also, Magneto still isn't bald in this movie, just the next one! X-men aren't the X-men in this movie, just the next one! Jlaw still hasn't fucked off this movie, just the next one!

Fucking FOX baiting bullshit.

>>80935012
Also, where did Psylocke come from? She just shows up at Mags?
>>
>>80935012
but that stinger totally makes sense...
>>
>>80934834
Because she doesn't have rapid healing. Inside her Apocalypse can't replenish his strengths and attack again.
>>
>>80935076
Explain
>>
>>80935047
>Magneto still isn't bald in this movie, just the next one!
>someone who doesn't know shit tries to complain
tippiest toppest of keks mi lad
>>
if the stuff about scott stepping up to lead the team is true, then i'll probably love this movie regardless
>>
>>80935101
kek, not Magneto, Xavier.
>>
>>80935093
Apocalypse somehow put his conciousness in the technlogy and was able to posess the government guy.
>>
>>80935047
Apocalypse and Storm recruit her in Moscow. She's an assassin employed by Caliban.
>>
>>80935012
>Mystique lives
Fuck.

>>80935085
I meant more about what led her to try and do this, since before then she was taken out by Apocalypse and then you make no mention of why she's suddenly impersonating the body. Was this some plan she created after somehow figuring out how the transfer process worked and everything?
>>
You know all of the other spoilers that have been posted say that Mystique ends up in a coma in the end which makes a lot more sense than what OP issaying because JLaw fucking hates these movies and her contract is up
>>
>>80929842

>Angel being pitted against Nightcrawler in a pit where captured mutants get stuffed
>Nightcrawler
>Being confined anywhere

No
>>
>>80935169
Yep. Storm alerts her that Apocalypse will steal Xavier's body and Apocalypse previously boasts he cannot be injured, she just puts two and two together.

>>80934602
Jean's new costume in the end has yellow accents.

Cyclops has red accents.

Jean has yellow accents.

Nightcrawler has purple accents.

Beast has blue accents.

Mystique has white accents.

Quicksilver has silver accents.
>>
>>80935289
Wouldn't it make more sense for Jean to have Green accents?
>>
>>80935289
>every costume relates to their dominant color
>Mystique's is white because she's never in her natural form
THANKS, JLAW. WHY DON'T YOU JUST DIE ALREADY.
>>
>>80935012
That stinger annoys me because it doesn't even seem like FOX knows where to take this franchise next.
>>
>>80935012
Bleh.
>>
>>80935340
Mystique wears white in most comics, what are you talking about?
>>
>>80935139
>>80934834
So Apocalypse stops being Apocalypse and starts being Shadowking.
Eh.
>>
>>80935380
Sure, but her whole existence in this universe, let alone as a member of the X-Men and the temporary leader, bothers me enough. The costume accents don't reference their traditional costumes, otherwise Cyclops would be blue and Jean would be green, rather than red and yellow respectively.
>>
>>80935454
Heh, they didn't want to repeat any, and Beast got the blue one.
>>
I want Mystique to go and stay go
>>
>>80935336

Green is Rogue's color.

I'm more bummed that Nightcrawler is purple. Purple is Gambit.
>>
>>80935601
Gambit isn't happening anytime soon, though.
>>
Totally not looking forward to this movie
>>
So, what's next? Like, what will be the next film?
>>
>>80933614
>Beast dies

Huh?
>>
>>80935961

Really I want to see one movie set up more space shit

A real Phoenix saga trilogy would be tits
>>
>>80936043
Singer wants to do it
>>
>>80936032
Havoc does, Beast runs away

>>80936043
With this Jean? She can't even speak the accent. Why not make her English, anyway. A slight inaccuracy is better than a constant distraction in a movie.

She'll be the next Jlaw that FOX will try to leech until the bitter end.
>>
>>80935920

Yea, after reading some of the spoilers it further confirms how shit I knew it would be...
>>
>>80935961
Deadpool and the X-Men: The Return of Ajax
>>
>>80936043
All I want is a horror-themed movie featuring the Brood. Or X-factor
>>
Sounds by the numbers, should shine from character interactions and actor performances tho

Am I right?
>>
Wait a minute was there any mention of Archangel doing all this killing in XM3? Fuck it's been so long I don't even remember how he joined the team, or if he joined at all.
>>
>>80936190
XM3 isn't canon, it wasn't by Singer and DoFP retconned it
>>
>>80935961
A wolverine movie and a gambit movie.
>>
>>80935012
Wow Mister, that ending sounds Sinister
>>
>>80936227
It is canon, it's just a different timeline. There's like, 3 or 4 now.
>>
>>80936227
So X1 to X3 are fucked now?
>>
File: 1453312977018.gif (2 MB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
1453312977018.gif
2 MB, 348x323
>>80935920
>Disney !agzO1YvZNs
>>
File: typical.png (555 KB, 433x642) Image search: [Google]
typical.png
555 KB, 433x642
>>80936130
>She'll be the next Jlaw that FOX will try to leech until the bitter end.
Building the X-Men franchise entirely around Jean would be the most terrible idea of all time.
>>
>>80936429
Welp, buckle up!
>>
File: jean jean jean jean jean.jpg (657 KB, 2014x1557) Image search: [Google]
jean jean jean jean jean.jpg
657 KB, 2014x1557
>>80936429

yeah but at least it would be comic accurate
>>
>>80936429
What more can we expect from the FoX-men after Apocalypse? Mister Sinister, Savage land, Morlocks?
>>
>>80936543

Singer has implied he wants to do Phoenix Saga
>>
>>80935920
Go back to sucking that mouse dick, fag.
>>
>>80930394
she saved el presidente mi amigo
>>
>>80936486
>yeah but at least it would be comic accurate
X-Men has always been worse off whenever Jean was alive excluding the original Phoenix saga.
The franchise never fully recovered again from when she came back the first time after over 25 fucking years.
>>
>>80936486
Land ruined that.
>>
>>80936565
But didn't Singer also say that he's done with them after this movie.
>>
So how powerful is Jean?
>>
>>80936429

Yeah, nobody likes Jean Grey.

Wait.
>>
>>80936565
Problem with that is, that they already wasted the Hellfire club on Kevin Bacon, a shapely piece of wood in lingerie and Mister Twister.

>>80936565
I think it was Kinberg and I think he was saying "eh, maybe Phoenix, we'll see, I don't know yet, lol"
>>
>>80935012
So what powers does Apocalypse demonstrate?
>>
>>80936673
>Wait.
What are we waiting for?
Jean is a terrible character no writer knows what to do with, outside of pulling more interesting characters into love triangles or plot device phoenix bullshit.
>>
>>80936593
>X-Men has always been worse off whenever Jean was alive excluding the original Phoenix saga.

Bendis

really it can be worse. Id take Jean wank over Kitty wank
>>
>>80936868
I'd have a good wank over both if you know what I mean
>>
>>80936868
>Bendis
But that also has Jean in it.
>>
>>80936768
Jean Grey is good when she is actively trying to suck a man's dick!!
Then again, every character is good when he or she is actively trying to suck a man's dick!!
>>
>>80936931

Yeah but Guardians of the Galaxy didn't
>>
>>80936599
You say that like it's a surprise
>>
>>80936622
Yeah. Maybe we can get Brett Ratner.
>>
>>80934722
>no nukes
thats rad!
>>80935012
>people still dont like mutants
dang
>>
>>80936695
It's an adaption. Doing Phoenix Saga would be adapting it's broad strokes, like Jean becoming the Phoenix, her eventual death. There wouldn't be the X-Men in space, or the M'Kraan Crystal, etc.

It would be like X3 but in theory not as fucking botched and relegated to a subplot like it was in that movie.

It's like when they talk about doing Old Man Logan. They mean they'd do a story where Logan is old and heroes are gone.
>>
>>80937120

People are NEVER gonna like mutants. The whole point of the series is that they where fighting for a FAR OFF future it wasn't ever supposed to be their main goal.

It was just their "With great power comes great responsibility" and serves as nothing more than a motivation to be a good guy
>>
>>80936960
And that's also not an X-Men comic. And it still crossed over with All-New so I believe it had some spam - I mean Jean in it.
>>
File: pls.png (292 KB, 378x500) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
292 KB, 378x500
>>80937220
i just want happiness for them
>>
>>80937220
>People are NEVER gonna like mutants

That's only because of bad writers and editorial who refuse to allow change.

One X-Man run ago there were multiple showings of mass support for mutants among the regular population. It just got ignored/shit on for this new terrible status quo they've made to try and push Inhuman trash.
>>
So, this Apocalypse is an amalgam of Apocalypse and Shadow King?
>>
File: X-Men_Vol_1_136.jpg (88 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_Vol_1_136.jpg
88 KB, 398x600
>>80937192
>There wouldn't be the X-Men in space, or the M'Kraan Crystal, etc.

Nope fuck that.

I want the X-men to go to space to help rescue Xavier's bird girlfriend.

I want to see them fight an alien overlord and have jean get cosmic powers.

I want to see her get corrupted by power and destroy a star system

I want to see the Trial of the Phoenix

we had guardians prove that a space movie can work. fuck X3. do it right
>>
>>80937310
Kind of a double edged sword. I don't know if you can really do all that shit in the space of one movie plausibly.

At the other time, non-cosmic Earth bound Phoenix is... not really THAT special a story?

Like... Jean Grey is the most powerful, guess she'll destroy a whole bunch of cars and bridges again?
>>
>Apocalypse makes Xavier bald
>Makes Storm white haired

Is he responsible for anybody else's fashion?
>>
>>80937507
>Kind of a double edged sword. I don't know if you can really do all that shit in the space of one movie plausibly.

I didn't say do it in one movie. Make it a trilogy or duology if you must.
>>
>>80937545
Wolverine's belt buckles, I'll bet.
>>
>>80937545
>I am the rocks of eternal fashion. Crash against me and be FABULOUS
>>
>>80937545
Going by the trailer, he recreates the Magneto helmet for the, what, third time now?
>>
File: who-are-these-people.jpg (452 KB, 996x1068) Image search: [Google]
who-are-these-people.jpg
452 KB, 996x1068
>>80937310
Main issue here is that these movies have always been grounded to a certain extent. Very little aliens, no magic, nothing of the sorts.
So if suddenly the Shi'ar show up and shanghai everyone into space, that is hard to sell without appearing like the biggest shark jump in history to the casual observer.

With a reboot, they could do that stuff, but as it stands, they don't have the balls for it and I doubt they have the brains to pull it off either.
>>
File: butterfly.jpg (465 KB, 574x795) Image search: [Google]
butterfly.jpg
465 KB, 574x795
I don't imaging it really ever came up but do they address Psylocke's backstory at all?

Because I can easily imagine a villain or shady person scooping out a brit psychic's brain to put in a more combat capable body
>>
>>80937816
>So if suddenly the Shi'ar show up and shanghai everyone into space, that is hard to sell without appearing like the biggest shark jump in history to the casual observer.

Why? We just had time travel and an ancient super mutant.

Alien's are far easier a sell than Kitty sends wolverines brain back in time
>>
>>80937934
X:Men - Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
>>
File: planet_earth.jpg (103 KB, 381x638) Image search: [Google]
planet_earth.jpg
103 KB, 381x638
>>80937934
But mutants are already the core thing the audience accepted when they decided to watch an X-Men movie. So Kitty's power suddenly being to phase people through time is not a great stretch at all.
Aliens existing and coming into contact with earth etc is a whole lot of additional new assumptions the viewer just has to swallow and it all comes more or less out of nowhere at the moment.

They would really have to build up to that for quite some time to even remotely pull it off.
Especially considering how pulpy Marvel cosmic is.
>>
>>80938319
I guess the thing is, they've just done three period pieces (60s/70s/80s) in a row with no issue, at this point why not go for pulpy 90s?

It doesn't have to be total schlock, just run with your material instead of being afraid of it.
>>
>>80938319

The audience knows what an alien is, there's really nothing to explain.
>>
>>80928496
>pure energy
>>
>>80930743
Why is Magneto in Poland? There was a strong state-enforced antisemitic sentiment in the entire soviet block from the 1960s onwards, wouldn't it make more sense for him to move to, say, Israel, or a western country with large jewish disapora?
>>
File: Magneto Images-69531.jpg (202 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Magneto Images-69531.jpg
202 KB, 1600x1200
>>80934422

Magneto was always kind of a massive hypocrite
>>
>>80933614
>Archangel killing Jubilee
OH COME ON
>>
Does Toad have a comeo?
>>
>>80930026
They'd sooner reboot completely than recast Jackman. They're hoping for a breakout star from the legions of young hopefuls they've got under contract, but of course the odds aren't that good even if you've got hundreds of kids on three picture deals.
>>
>>80940793
she'll just have to get un-dead
>>
>>80940793

It's ok as long as she comes back a vampire
>>
>>80929496
Hank doesn't like Scott.

Gee sounds like the comics
>>
>>80940906
i didnt even consider that. they dont even have to make it a big deal or on screen just handwave it normies will love it they love vampires
>>
>>80940875
Are there any Game of Thrones actresses left to cast as Laura to take over from Logan?
>>
>>80935289
you're wrong about their suits. accents??!! you didn't see shit. i'm calling bullshit

i know what the costumes look like and you are so fucking far off.

you've been trolled /co/ i've seen the costumes first hand.
>>
File: pU6lNY3.jpg (172 KB, 933x1111) Image search: [Google]
pU6lNY3.jpg
172 KB, 933x1111
>>80941394

Ahem.

Mystique's and Quicksilvers equivalents are in the trailer.
>>
>>80929496
>and how Jean came into becoming Xavier's first student.
Garbage!!!!!
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 197x256
>>80942312
First class still happened, DOFP showed Xavier school shut down so he he already had students. Just means she was the first student of the new new school.

Still trying to figure out who Azeal fucked.
>>
>>80942616

I think the issue is we're overlooking the Xavier is basically Scott's dad.

which really makes me sad how the comics have been shitting on Xavier for the past decades
>>
Even the comics have a more coherent timeline.
>>
>>80935012
>and we have the tiniest foreshadowing of a Dark Phoenix lurking in the future
I fucking hate Phoenix
>>
>>80943005
If we're not talking about DC...
>>
>>80935012

It's official

Im swearing off movie X-men forever
>>
>>80937304
Seems like it
>>
I think FOX just had luck with Deadpool.
>>
>>80929125
This whole body possession thing seems unnecessary and gay. I understand Apo never really uses his powers properly in comics but this is dumb.
>>
>>80933614
Oh come on, stop killing off side characters you JUST introduced, that holds almost no weight!
>>
Jubilee Died? She hardly even has a worthy screen time

Fuck this X-Men movie shit. I'm out!
>>
>>80935012
Well this all sounds pretty bad.
>>
File: 3425345pe.jpg (57 KB, 450x245) Image search: [Google]
3425345pe.jpg
57 KB, 450x245
>>
>>80941010
Josephine Gillan
>>
>>80945766
her or Maisie
>>
Cartoon fag nostalgia girl gets rekt

HAH!
>>
fake
>>
why apoc want cripple body
how apoc is pure energy, anymore explanation about his origin?
>>
So singer still hates Cyclops godammit
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.