[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: write.png (514 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
write.png
514 KB, 630x630
No questions this time.
Just sum up the plot of your comic/cartoon, with some hyperlink if possible.
Also don't hesitate giving your opinion about other works than your own in this thread, for once.
>>
I somehow started writing an erotic romance story that I've put way more thought into than I should have. It's set in the Greek mythological canon, in this very specific era in it's continuity that I've set apart for my imaginary stories I come up with. It's about a young priest of Apollo living in a civil colony in Anatolia that is taken as a slave by the leader of a band of Amazonian warriors after they raid the settlement, where he is taken back to her estate in the Anatolian countryside and made into his new Amazon Queen's consort.

This idea started out purely as an exploration of one of my sex fantasies, but as I came to know these two characters more it became a weird love story. I kind of want to write it out into a full on sword and sorcery erotic adventure story now just for fun
>>
>>81865705
So original...Do you intend it to be a comic or cartoon?
>>
File: phyrexian.jpg (148 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian.jpg
148 KB, 640x468
>>81864805
just working out the details on the comic me and my friend are going to attempt to make.

Not gonna post details unless requested because I've posted them here before. It's the story about Anegls and humans fighting machine abominations
>>
>>81866097
I wasn't really trying to be original, I built the whole thing off of the relationship of Achilles and Briseis but with the gender riles reversed. I imagined it being a comic, but the world could always use more erotic cartoons
>>
>>81866155
I request
>>
File: 1271281555309.jpg (61 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1271281555309.jpg
61 KB, 800x600
Pink and Mono, two young girls in the inner city stopping street-level crime with grappling and kick boxing. Pink is a tanned blonde dressed in a audacious pink wrestling suit with tassels and shit (think R. Mika), Mono is a third-generation asian and is super strong, has a black and white strong-man spandex suit. They work together with the police liason, a warm irish woman.

Think this image, but with two teenage girls fighting z-list villains and loving it.
>>
>>81867813
So Panty&Stocking&Garterbelt?
>>
>>81867890
No, the story is actually taking itself serious, though it is lighthearted. Also having likable characters that don't only care about themself.
>>
>scientist's wife dies
>unable to deal with her death scientist creates a machine that will release his consciousness from his body but still keep him alive
>scientist's consciousness traverses the entirety of existence in search of his wife's soul
>scientist meets God
>scientist becomes a God
>also meets a giant planet made out of faces and the ultimate enemy of everything
>scientist has all kinds of whacky adventures
>>
File: Canal.jpg (278 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
Canal.jpg
278 KB, 1024x724
Here's a question I have for people who've gotten some more experience: what's the best way to imply scope?

I've been juggling a few ideas not all of them strictly /co/; I've been visiting worldbuilding threads in /tg/ . Building big fictional worlds is fun, and I like the way some of them have come together for me. The problem is, I keep on getting so caught up in those little details and big background events that I sometimes have trouble not making huge infodumps to express them. I've tried to have minor characters quickly mention political or historical points, but it comes across as a bit jarring.

How do you make a setting feel big without showing off every part of it?

I'm looking for pretty general help that anyone could use. But if people want extra context: one of my pieces involves characters who's countries are in a 3-way cold war. During the plotline's events, they're stuck together in a dangerous, sparsely-populated realm that's largely (but not completely) isolated from the "main" regions.
>>
>>81868881
Working on details and worlbuilding, if you have not finished writing the plot yet, is procrastination.
Pure and simple
>>
File: Jungle House.gif (50 KB, 543x357) Image search: [Google]
Jungle House.gif
50 KB, 543x357
>>81869231
Exactly. That's why I want to IMPLY scope - so I can spend less time fucking around with the background and more time moving the plot forward, while still making it seem like there's something underneath it that the characters are fighting for.
>>
File: 1317339232303.jpg (136 KB, 2650x1600) Image search: [Google]
1317339232303.jpg
136 KB, 2650x1600
This seems like the best place to ask at the moment:

I have a small cast of characters in a fantasy setting preparing a team to go loot a Dragon's hoard, Ocean's 11 style. Said Dragon is also an all-powerful God-Emperor so shit's stacked against the cast. Stealing his hoard, due to how the setting's magic works, will cripple him enough to bring down his evil empire.

In order for all this to work, the characters need the aid of a master thief. They have found their one and only shot at recruiting him, but are not sure they can trust him. What could they do to ensure his loyalty/confirm they can trust him?

tl;dr I need a loyalty test for a thief-type character to make sure he won't backstab the cast during a super-fantasy heist.

Pic unrelated.
>>
An ancient intergalactic empire of humanoid raptors pissed off a wolf race, causing a small war. Raptors won, and the wolves were forced into an alliance with a giant black death cloud that eats planets which is also pissed at raptors.
A second war lasts for three thousand years, before eventually the raptors are driven from their own galaxy.
The war is divided into three eras, the first being fight with medieval weapons, the second colonial age weapons, the third modern (all with scifi twists).
Apparently some expedition vessel had accidentally made an inter galactic jump thousands of years before the even first war with the wolves started.
So now the remnants of the empire after the big war hop over and find descendants of their own species, and soon conquer everything again and become a god like race. Also it turns out the energy source they'd become solely reliant on since ever was actually magical energy, so now they can use magic.
Millennia later they come back to the original galaxy to find that in their absence everything's gone to shit and there are little to no remaining space fairing civilizations.
They collect the last of the old races they used to rule over and head back to their old world to find dinosaurs have evolved. They nuke the dinosaurs so they can have the old races live on their planet. Suddenly some infighting happens because some of the members of the exploration fleet want to rule as gods over the races, while others feel it better to simply observe.
Only two of the latter faction survive and are stranded on what is now Earth, evolving further and their ancestors becoming more primitive as they are cut off from technology. They are the first humans.
The other guys become the first gods and keep man kind subjugated for a while until humans, with their own latent magical potential, create their own gods through the power of faith.
Human history and mythology happens, with a secret organization being created to combat the old gods.
>cont?
>>
>>81869661
>>81869447
>>81868881
>>81867813
>>81866155
For the love of God provide links to your work if you expect feedback
>>
>>81869713
I haven't drawn anything. This is all latent ideas.
A shotgun shell primed and ready to fire, someone just needs to pull the trigger.
>>
>>81869713
I'm this guy: >>81869447

None of it is up yet. All on paper.
>>
>>81869447
Have him join for a bit. Intentionally move to a place where they get some nice loot (or what seems to be nice loot to the thief).

Then get another character in the group to suggest the thief that the two of them steal it all and ditch the party.

If he accepts, they should go with another thief.

>>81869713
If we felt secure enough to have published this online yet, would we really be asking for help?
>>
>>81869759
Am this guy
>>81869661
>>
I miss when these threads were mostly spitballing short plot summaries and nothing more was required. Now they're just dead.
>>
>>81869800
>Have him join for a bit
I don't know about this, if only because he's a pretty smart cookie/paranoid as hell. I feel like he'd be highly suspicious of anyone hiring him for a job they won't tell him anything about.
>>
I got this idea that I don't know if it would be better as a comic or a cartoon.
It's set in a fantasy world that's akin to Game of Thrones crossed with professional wrestling, where wrestling solves everything, titles mean everything(heavyweight champion is the undisputed ruler, lesser champions are akin to dukes, but the world is truly run by a shadowy cabal known as the Executives), special moves are all supernaturally strong, and the fantasy aspects of wrestling are real. It's the adventure of a young guy who thinks himself everything a Mary Sue typically is, but isn't.
I call it Kayfables.
>>
>>81869999
The quads demand this be made.
>>
>>81869661
It's okay, but it's all a bit 'Sauron is a dick until the last alliance of elves and men kicks his shit in; then the kingdom of men falls apart and the weepy elves try to get their emigration papers.' It's interesting, but what people are really going to be hooked on is the 'Bilbo and friends try to evict a dragon' or 'Frodo tries to dispose of lost property in the face of interpersonal drama' parts. You've got a good backdrop to go behind the stage, but who's doing what when the curtain rises on act 1, scene 1?
>>
>>81868881
Use in-story exaggerated propaganda like how red was vaguely associated w/Russians even when the red object was clearly not Russian. Or have characters asking about news regarding build ups. Or have locals stocking up on food or goods. Even child characters can be used to express the situation via playing soldier/battle. Have characters act the way a person would act in that scenario.
>>
File: Cage_couv3.jpg (3 MB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
Cage_couv3.jpg
3 MB, 2480x3507
>http://pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
The way back home (On rentre!) - Sci-fi, adventure cartoon

Two children, a brother and a sister both the same age, are abducted by aliens during their holidays. They are taken to another planet far from Earth and locked in a Zoo like animals. Later the children manage to escape from the Zoo and will have to spend the whole series finding their way accross the Galaxy, trying to come back home.
They are helped in their task by a giant insectoid alien who also happen to be a bounty hunter, and a Chinese astronaut who got abducted in space.

I progressed in work since last thread but have left aside translation because of that. Maybe tomorrow if the thread is still up I will update a bit the pastebin.

The main theme should sound more or less something like this. Despite my begginer skills:
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0EcmAv6tB2q
Not the same instruments of course
>>
>>81869424
Make up motivations and lives for characters that appear in the story, if only for a single scene, but only show the side of that character that is responding the situation in that specific scene.
>>
>>81868881
Think about the senses that would be involved in the daily life of the people in the story: their food, their music, their beliefs, their heritages.

Does a character worry about a neighbor down the road b/c the neighbor's father was from Country X? Is Cultured Character A surprised to see a dusty stringed instrument in the corner, so far inland of country x? Does Character B notice the change in the taste of bread now that Government B no longer wants to support Government A's wheat industry?
>>
File: The Gray Fox.jpg (267 KB, 661x935) Image search: [Google]
The Gray Fox.jpg
267 KB, 661x935
A narcissistic, thrill seeking, playboy oligarch decides one day to steal from other wealthy people for sport. After being confused for a woman because of his feminine figure he creates a female alter ego. As the Raposa Cinza(Gray Fox in Portuguese) he attempts high profile, public heists and gives the spoils to the wretched dwellers of the slums.

Set in a fictional South American city he will run into corrupt cops, communist rebels, right wing paramilitaries, drug dealers, runaway war criminals, and more.

Some other characters include

A highly idealistic young prosecutor who decides she's going to use her karate skills to fight crime as her own masked alter ego. She comes to hate the protagonist because he gets much more positive press while her alter ego is portrayed a thug who targets poor people. As a civilian she is having an affair with the protagonist

A reporter who is engaged with the prosecutor. He's fascinated by the Raposa Cinza and eventually the two corroborate on interviews and stories and he gets advanced notice of her heists so he can report on them as soon as possible. As a person committed to his character the protagonist will often flirt with the reporter.

A young, honest cop who finds herself surrounded by crooked officers. She teams up with the prosecutor at times and is the more pragmatic, realist of the two
>>
>>81874266
The first time he gives money to anyone those people will be rounded up, tortured and killed.
>>
>>81874790
What makes you say that?
>>
>>81874927
Beacasue while American media likes to overplay the violence present in South and Central American countries, the let's say, less than ideal policing allows for acts of violence that you wouldn't see in first world countries.

A full on massacre wouldn't occur but a good portion of them would probably be picked up individually and nothing would be done about it. Especially if they're poor.
>>
>>81875025
>A full on massacre wouldn't occur but a good portion of them would probably be picked up individually and nothing would be done about it. Especially if they're poor.

Well there would be a lot of poor people to give that money too and also the police wouldn't be that well trained or paid so their motivation wouldn't be that high.

I'm not saying you're wrong necessarily, I just wonder if its really a point that's requires too much suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>81875139
>I just wonder if its really a point that's requires too much suspension of disbelief.
Kind of. Because either the people being robbed are so kind hearted they can't bring themselves to hire thugs or bribe police to find out who's robbing them, the criminals aren't interested in a lot of money that is in the hands of sheep or the local cops who are getting paid jack shit aren't taking advantage of an opportunity to get some spending cash.

Schools of fish are caught because the fish is stupid enough to take the bait over and over again. Humans are a bit different.
>>
>>81875287
>Because either the people being robbed are so kind hearted they can't bring themselves to hire thugs
Well eventually some of the oligarchs and drug bosses do hire paramilitary groups in response

>the criminals aren't interested in a lot of money that is in the hands of sheep
The MC is also an ultra-talented gymnast so a lot of the heists involve incredible acrobatic feats that few can pull off

>or the local cops who are getting paid jack shit aren't taking advantage of an opportunity to get some spending cash.
The cops have their own rackets and they don't care that much about enforcing the laws.
>>
>>81875518
>>81875518
>The MC is also an ultra-talented gymnast so a lot of the heists involve incredible acrobatic feats that few can pull off
And they're not going to give a damn.

Their money is being stolen and it's being handed out. If they can't get the guy handing it out, most people, will go after the people receiving it instead.
>The cops have their own rackets and they don't care that much about enforcing the laws.
It's not about the law. It's about a bunch of money being in the hands of people who can be easily abused and cowed by a badge.
>>
>>81875659
>And they're not going to give a damn.
>Their money is being stolen and it's being handed out. If they can't get the guy handing it out, most people, will go after the people receiving it instead.

>It's not about the law. It's about a bunch of money being in the hands of people who can be easily abused and cowed by a badge.

Its not large amounts really. He doesn't do it because he actually cares about the poor, he does it to get attention. So he only steals what he can carry, which isn't a huge blow to billionaire oligarchs. It is a decent sum of money for the poor.

Besides he doesn't only steal money. Sometimes he does other things, like try to "steal" an election by rigging it against the candidate that the elite are rigging the election for. Or steal a violin in the middle of a concert or a dress in the middle of a fashion show.
>>
>>81875942
But it's still money. and in the more abstract sense it's pride and it's a sign of weakness.
>Sometimes he does other things, like try to "steal" an election by rigging it against the candidate that the elite are rigging the election for
That sounds like the catalyst for violence. I can think of examples where something like that happened and individuals who weren't even involved were shot.
>>
>>81876097
>But it's still money. and in the more abstract sense it's pride and it's a sign of weakness.
If it costs more money to get the money back and each individual rich person is only stolen from once or twice I don't think that would provide enough of an incentive for them to do much. Maybe the drug bosses but they would probably target the theif himself instead of sifting through the countless wretched poor in order to find a few bills.

>That sounds like the catalyst for violence. I can think of examples where something like that happened and individuals who weren't even involved were shot.

Well that's true but ultimately it would be a series with a fairly light hearted tone with more of an emphasis on humor and cheesecake and the characters and their relationship to one another. So for instance the communist rebels would really be lead by a quacky professor and a bunch of lazy, idealistic college students who live in the jungle and botch kidnappings instead of looking like real South American communist rebels like FARC. The drug bosses at their worst would look like the gangsters in BTAS.
>>
File: MDS00010 (2).jpg (308 KB, 3145x2670) Image search: [Google]
MDS00010 (2).jpg
308 KB, 3145x2670
Sure, why not. Haven't posted anything as I've only just started making pages, and it's slow going.

A young boy stumbles across a doorway into an ancient world that's populated by creatures made by a demigod. Fascinated by it, he brings his friend into the world as well, but she soon disappears, prompting him to try and find her. To do so, he joins up with an explorer who's attempting to find the demigod that created them. The explorer is seeking answers for why people have been rapidly disappearing.

That's the short version. The long version involves entangled memories, a false prophet with a crazy cult, and a prophecy.
>>
>>81877100
>Fascinated by it, he brings his friend into the world as well, but she soon disappears
How? She just vanishes into thin air?
>>
>>81878404
Not quite. Still toying with the exact mechanics of how you go in and out of the world, but the idea is that you're plopped in at random points in history and spit back out after a certain period of time. At some point, one of them leaves while the other stays, and from that point on they are separated.
>>
>Space exploring robot becomes self-aware
>For some reason it stops receiving signals from the earth
>With time, it starts to do things in order to preserve itself
>Repairs itself, improves itself, etc
>One day it decides to build more of itself to collect more resources
>Now there are thousands
>It meets an alien race
>Aliens aren't too kind to them
>RobotWar.exe
>The robots actually win, the bastards
>Robots end up creating an entire civilization, with the goal of self-preservation, self-improvement, and still space exploration
>They finally find a way to report back to the earth
>#1 goes eager with all its info looking to report back to earth and end the mission
>Shit is fucked
>0 humans there
>All is rubish
>After the shock, #1 decides to just keep going, explores the earth and all info regarding humanity that it can save from the rubish
>Civilization is a big powerful Empire, take as much as it can with the sole goal of exploring forever until humans declare mission over
>Other alien races have some diplomacy with them, but they mostly see them as a ever growing parasite
>They kind of are
>But one day
>A human appears

Then... I don't know... is pretty much all I got, I just like the idea of something with self-aware robots that don't end up killing humans for stupid reasons...
>>
>>81879144
So wait, did the aliens get rid of the humans?
>>
>>81864805
Alright then.

Imagine that thirteen years ago people started waking up with magic. People from all walks and races started waking up with odd and strange abilities and before really anyone could react, a Japanese man woke up with godlike power and proceeded to run all the non-magic possessing humans out of dodge.

That was thirteen years ago. Now Japan is a magical superpower, both loathed and romanticized by the new ethnicity of magic users, the first world is struggling under the stream of refugees from genocidal regimes, America is having a violent debate over how magic users should be treated, the world is constantly six seconds away from the end of the world as we know it and a missing persons case in middle America suddenly turns into a matter of national security after the guy who was supposedly missing pops up again with the same godlike magic that that Japanese guy used thirteen years ago to empty out a country, turn away WMDs and maintain an iron grip on the island nation.

And that godlike power is being used to kill people.

The story would primarily follow a government agent and his leashed magic user and the missing teen turned cold blooded killer. I'm currently still in the research stages trying to figure out how such a manhunt would be conducted and the other technical details.
>>
>>81879144
>A human appears
How?
>>
>>81879194
Nah, my idea is that humans died not because of war or aliens, but a virus that evolved naturally on earth and just killed humanity, some humans were rescued by aliens before total extinction, but the robots were pretty much in one side of the galaxy and the surviving humans in another, not the best plot and Im just spitballing here.
>>
>>81879367
>>81879410
>>
Started out as fetish/fap material. Moved on to son more involved.

Small town detective ends up bonded to Amazon artifact that more or less permanently transforms him into the 5000 year old daughter of Heracles and Hyplolita. Except said Amazon princess has been dead for 300 years, her soul has been broken into four uneven parts and put in the artifacts and the sorcerer who killed her wants the cop's artifact back. And the only way to get it back is to kill him.

Said sorceress has a loyal cadre of neoamazons.
>>
>>81881145
Sounds sort of like>>81865705
>>
>>81881145
I guess so. Mine is set in modern day in a fictional town on the coast of Washington State. The protagonist is former military whose been a cop for about ten years. Supers exist. Super science and magic exist, but aside from Sasquaches living in nearby Olympic National Park with full native tribal status, the weirdness/fantastic quotient remains low key. Supers are something that happens somewhere else.

At least until a super creatively calling herself "Amazon" shows up in the middle of a hostage crisis that started as a convenience store robbery gone bad. She ends up killing both the perp and hostage and cripples the uniform who tries to arrest her. A week or so later, a demon shows up in town an proceeds to beat the shit out of her. Or protagonist, the former military police detective tries to help her when the demon breaks her legs and arms and throws her into a clothing boutique. As soon as he touches her, he hears a voice in his head saying something like ,"I chose you as my bearer" and suddenly he finds himself wearing ancient Greek armor and changed into a six and a half foot Amazon warrior. Think Wonder Woman lite.

Our hero managed to defeat the demon, but gets pretty badly beat up in the process.

As the story progresses, the protagonist finds himself pretty much permanently transformed into an Amazon and has the voice of the soul fragmentation attached to the armor in his head.

The initial story deals with him dealing with friends, family and co-workers as well as the government trying to recruit him.

Later stories move to more big picture stuff as the neoamazons try to get one of their favorite toys back and the guy who summoned the demon to begin with makes his moves.
>>
File: Xiancun village 1.png (1 MB, 969x602) Image search: [Google]
Xiancun village 1.png
1 MB, 969x602
>>81864805
3 teenagers, friends, Alexandra "Al", Kelsey, and Ramon, live in the slums. The slums are controlled by a powerful street gang who call themselves the Royals.

Each of them finds themselves on the shit end of the stick when, over the course of the week, each of them is screwed over by the Royals in one way or another.

On Monday, Al's father is badly injured in a mugging and hospitalized. While the doctor's say he'll make a full recovery, he's still going to be out of work for a while. With rent, utilities, and now Hospital bills looming overhead, Al needs to find a way to make a lot of money, and fast, otherwise she, her father, and her younger brother will be on the streets.

Kelsey's family owns a small convenience store. On Wednesday night, the Royals pull off the ultimate smash and grab by driving a van through the front window and making off with everything they can carry. They leave thousands of dollars worth in damages in their wake. Because the business wasn't insured, the money is going to have to come from their own pockets. But it's money they don't have.

On Friday, Ramon is stiffed a hefty sum of money that he earned by pulling a job for the Royals. Money he was intending to use to buy hookers and cocaine.
I use random bullshit as place holder. idk what he needs the money for yet, but he needs the money either way

On Saturday, the three of them meet up at the usual place and shoot the shit about their week. Over the course of the conversation, Al comes to the realization that they should make the Royals pay for everything. Literally. With money. Money that they will steal from them. And to her surprise, her friends are up for it.
Shit snowballs from there.
>>
>>81864805
Challenge: Try to describe your plot using the "X meets Y" formula
>>
>>81870941
>>81870851
>>81872172
I know this is late, but thanks. That really helps.
>>
Working on a reboot of "Tomboy, " a public domain character. I'm not sure where im going, but I know it begins with her almost losing her family to criminals in a parking lot, only for a masked vigilante to intervene. I hate doing it's x meets y, but that fantasy sequence at the beginning of Utena with the prince is clear and present in my mind.
>>
>>81879294
A guy took over an entire country?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.