[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
downhill faster than a lemming on speed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: quality mikey.jpg (66 KB, 970x733) Image search: [Google]
quality mikey.jpg
66 KB, 970x733
>Shows that dropped in quality after the first season

Pic in question is the most prime example I can think of
>>
File: Wating for Wakfu Season 3.jpg (136 KB, 1200x1798) Image search: [Google]
Wating for Wakfu Season 3.jpg
136 KB, 1200x1798
>>80924131
While they're probably not as bad as the tmnt example and fairly recent...

>Wakfu
While not terrible, it's second season was a drop in quality writingwise compared to the first season. While parts of that is due to france3, Ankama definitely fucked up when the ball was in their court. Also, who told ankama they could write romance drama? Still, it was a fun ride, but it also serves as an ill omen for the rest of the series.

>Gravity Falls
Holy shit that second half of season 2. It's so weird because the first half seemed very good, arguably even better than season 1.

Korra
I don't think i need to say much. Season 3 at least kind of good and season 4 was decent, but those are debatable.
>>
Wanna know what Arthur, Caillou, and Johnny Test all have in common?
All three went from decent hand-drawn animation to cheap as fuck flash animation.
>>
>>80924754
I always felt like on average Wakuf was the weakest when it came to their filler episodes, they have some stand out moments but would have been better used on the main plot. This was especially true for the second season where you have a 3-4 faction war going on and one of the factions was only introduced 2 episodes before the finale.

I mostly agree with you with gravity falls, especially with the finale it sort of felt like they had to rush to complete everything as best they could. I'm still dissapointed in the zodiac just requiring a group of people with vague relations to the symbols on it to hold hands, then becoming even less relevant a few seconds later. The method they used to resolve the issue was actually pretty good, but didn't feel like it had the foreshadowing it needed (I think that strategy was only mentioned right before they implemented it) and would have a better impact had the negative effects stuck around.

Korra is a series of good ideas mixed with sporadic bad implementation. It's actually sort of an example of what this thread is talking about while also being it's opposite, season 2 was definitely it's low point.,but it got much better in 3 and leveled out in 4.
>>
>>80924131
>implying TMNT had any quality to begin with
I will never understand how this retarded shit ever became popular.
>>
>>80924131
There will never be a ball dropped as hard as this.
>>
I wonder if they would ever consider making a box set with the animation errors corrected?
>>
>>80924754
To be clear with Korra, are you counting that as a downstep from Avatar, or just that in itself it dropped in Animation Quality.

Because while Book 1 of Korra was nice to look at, in the writing department the only way they could go was up surely (I wouldn't know, as it was bad enough for me to drop it the second she got her powers back via Deus Ex Machina, making the entire season pointless)
>>
File: error in turtles.jpg (24 KB, 728x419) Image search: [Google]
error in turtles.jpg
24 KB, 728x419
>>80926870
>I will never understand how this retarded shit ever became popular.

Well the first season was better animated and had better pacing than the rest of the seasons, but yes, it still wasn't actually good.

I think the reason might be that in an era where any sense of quality control was abondonned to make sure the toyline was marketed, TMNT was just unique enough to grab attention.

In retrospect it's true that it's just cliché plots, filler scenes, terrible animation, annoying characters and the most retarded excuse for comedy you'll ever see but it did seem fresh at the time.
>>
>>80927295
Aside from the absolutely wretched music, 2k3 was a pretty good show for its first few seasons.
>>
>>80926945
TMNT? I doubt it.
>>
>>80926894
Literally Cyber 6
>>
>>80929165
Wretched music? Do you mean the opening?
>>
File: 1449742467718.jpg (46 KB, 331x475) Image search: [Google]
1449742467718.jpg
46 KB, 331x475
Maybe I have shit taste, but I honestly think the best season of Futurama was the first (and maybe second) one(s). It/they were, quite simply, the wittiest, least awkward, and best-animated. Any episode with a cold opening is guaranteed GOAT

For example: in the first season, I personally found Leela highly waifuable. However, in the later seasons, she started to lose that stern, asskicking feel to her and became more of a ditz and drama queen with corny jokes.

The seasons after this started to feel more forced and childish in their humor, more - dare I say? - "Reddit"-type humor. The parts in s3-4 where, say, zoidberg gets a gun and makes "pew pew" noises; the Professor randomly gets naked; or General pac-man dies and his wife comforts him - to me, that's lolrandom humor, or
Reddit/meme humor.
>>
>>80929165
3 good seasons is nothing to scoff at, 4 if you consider that lost season was pretty decent, even if they went full anime at times
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.