[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
americanaliensux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12
File: landis.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
landis.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
how does /co/ feel about this faggot's superman comic? actually fuck that, here's what you should think: it's utter garbage and max blandis doesnt understand the character of superman for shit and he should stick to making shitty follywood fuckshit like fantfourstick
>>
>>80920216
I've only read the first 2 issues. It was kinda shit, yeah.
>doesnt understand the character of superman for shit
I'd say the problem is he doesn't like the character, more than anything, so he writes it in a way that would make him like the character but that is not true to what people who are fan of the character want. Same problem Goyer had imo.
>>
Is there a more punchable human being than Max Landis
>>
>>80920216
>max landis gave the artist a picture of himself when he was 17.
>>
File: mxyzdicklick.png (2 MB, 1172x1800) Image search: [Google]
mxyzdicklick.png
2 MB, 1172x1800
i fucking hate how hes trying to be like grant morrison with meta bullshit like this + the alt persona he appears to be trying to construct with the faggy rainbow hair and shit. plus the art is so bad.
>>
>>80920331
Tameem
>>
>>80920216

I like it. Better than fucking BvS.
>>
>>80920331

Brian Michael Bendis comes to mind. Fuck his "empowered" multiracial family.
>>
>>80920216
what is it with people fucking changing superman, now he's got no powers, now he's a teenage kid blah blah blah, the best superman is the original, blue and red helping people saving the world, the best in my opinion is the timmversive superman
>>
I haven't read it. Seems alright based on what pages I see get posted from time to time.
>>
>>80920356
this is more about max landis than it is about clark kent. landis probably wrote a fanfic of himself and then handed it into DC after replacing every max landis with clark kent/superman
>>
>>80920377
You're fucking retarded. That's my point.
>>
>>80920432
Because it gets stale?

>>80920358
>I hate when people do things
Also, what art. Every comic is made by a different artist
>>
>>80920432
>people that don't read Superman complaining about Superman
Nothing to see here.
>>
>>80920528
really dose it, what gets stale is when you reinvent a character for the 100th time to appeal to a non-existent audience
>>
>>80920250
>he doesn't like the character

He's constantly gushing over the fact that he's been his favourite character since he was a boy.

>>80920358
>plus the art is so bad

Each issue has a different artist, many of so who are the best in the modern industry. Last issue had Francis Manapul.

>>80920432
>not muh animated superman

There's nothing wrong with showing Clark at different intervals of his life.

Seriously, why do you anons go out of your way to throw tantrums over this faggot? There are far worse books being released right now.

>>80920377

I agree.
>>
>>80920331
Slott, but that's because I hate fat people acting smug.
>>
>>80920216
It's like they turned...(looks at op's pic)...yeah, it's like they're trying to make young Clark into DMC Dante (or any rebellious young white boy, getting drunk and getting into trouble all the time), when he was actually a super-good kid, to the point of being considered lame by everyone except his few friends. I don't think even at that young age he could actually GET drunk. Maybe when he was still a toddler.
>>
>>80920536
true I haven't read superman since grant morrisons run on it
>>
>>80920543
What gets stale is you a throwing baseless hyperbole for the 100th time.
>>
>>80920575
wow your knickers are in bunch because of my unimportant opinion
>>
>>80920432
all the stories you can tell about classic superman have already been told. just reread those.
>>
>>80920561
Have you ever read the issue. Or you experienced utter SHOCK, desproportionate OUTRAGE and unbearable DISGUST by the cover to even look at the pictures inside
>>
>>80920546
>He's constantly gushing over the fact that he's been his favourite character since he was a boy.
Well that certainly doesn't translate over too well to when he writes him.
>>
>>80920468
>I haven't read it. Seems alright based on what pages I see get posted from time to time.

It's actually fine. I think Landis is an obnoxious thin-skinned narcissist but he's an okay writer, particularly when he's writing to his strengths.

That OP is buttblasted means Landis is probably doing something right.
>>
>>80920583
>u mad bro
Go back to 2008 and stay there
>>
>>80920607
>u mad bro
gladly
>>
>>80920597
>>80920597
Good point, except that's just your (shitty) opinion
>>
>>80920561

The actual story in issue is nowhere near as EXTREME or EDGY as the cover suggests. The cover did exactly what it was supposed to do, which is provoke a reaction.
>>
>>80920602
Why are you guys able to grasp his personality? I don't know anything about the guy besides he wrote Chronicle and that hilarious wrestling video
>>
>>80920619
Well yeah, nobody claimed otherwise.
Max pls go, you're getting sand in your vagina.
>>
>>80920546
>art aint so abd
i shall have you know that as a pretentious artfag my taste is impeccable and my standards high. manapul isnt trash, but being above par doesnt make him worthy of my praise. ditto every other artist.

>different intervals in life
lol this is not the problem. when you have superman being a narcissistic poser fratboy partyhead like in issue 3 you know something's wrong.
>>
>>80920634
>if the person does not agree with me about my opinion about a person, he's probably the one I'm attacking
Same old shit, never funny or constructive. I suggest you would be more welcomed in /v/, where those kinds of "arguments" are dime a dozen.
Seriously, just go away and stop embarrasing yourself
>>
>>80920646
>i shall have you know that as a pretentious artfag my taste is impeccable and my standards high. manapul isnt trash, but being above par doesnt make him worthy of my praise. ditto every other artist.
I shall have you known no one respects your opinion.

>lol this is not the problem. when you have superman being a narcissistic poser fratboy partyhead like in issue 3 you know something's wrong.
Confirmed for not reading the issue.
>>
>>80920216
>>
>>80920216
>understand the character of superman

Superman is already literally the single worst character ever conceived so it's not like you could go any direction but up at this point.

Superman. Is. Fucking. Terrible.
>>
>>80920629
>Why are you guys able to grasp his personality?

The most painful thing the Red Letter Media guys have done recently is "interview" Max Landis where he was plugging his Frankenstein movie that everyone knew was going to be trash, and the guys had to just sit awkwardly as Max talked about himself for like half an hour.

>I don't know anything about the guy besides he wrote Chronicle and that hilarious wrestling video

He's gotten more exposure now with American Ultra which was decent but flopped at the box office, and the Frankenstein movie which was a bomb. Landis has reacted poorly to those films not being appreciated.
>>
>>80920685
tl;dr
>>
>>80920698
>Red Letter Media
Who?
>>
>>80920673
Well no, it's you getting really defenseive about, as you said, some guy's shitty opinion.
You can disagree, there's no problem with that, but just saying "well it's your opinion and it's stupid" shows you may be taking it too personally.
Plus it's a joke, lighten up.
>>
File: line3-10-5.jpg (1 MB, 780x1100) Image search: [Google]
line3-10-5.jpg
1 MB, 780x1100
>>80920697
>Superman is already literally the single worst character ever conceived so it's not like you could go any direction but up at this point.
>Superman. Is. Fucking. Terrible.

I don't think this thread is for you then.
>>
>>80920715
The only halfway decent Superman story was Red Son.
>>
>>80920684
>faggotry
speak for thyself cocksucker

>more faggotry
confirmed for not seeing obvious narcissistic indulgence for what it is
>>
>>80920707
>Who?

A movie review website. They're on youtube. Got famous for doing a review of the star wars series from the perspective of a serial killer, but the skits in their movie reviews are usually the worst part.

They're otherwise a mostly unpretentious movie review team.
>>
>>80920698
Nah, the most recent painful thing was that review of Landis' new movie about fags and seeing Mike suck Max's dick so fucking hard. The one before that was Best of the Worst with Landis. Please for the love of god never have that cunt on again he is INSUFFERABLE
>>
>>80920713
>it's just a prank bro
It's not funny and it never was, to begin with. At least if you're over 12. That's why I suggested you to go to /v/, where your jokes would be more appreciated
>>
>>80920698
>The most painful thing the Red Letter Media guys have done recently is "interview" Max Landis where he was plugging his Frankenstein movie that everyone knew was going to be trash, and the guys had to just sit awkwardly as Max talked about himself for like half an hour.

Landis is their best shot of making it to Hollywood and they know it.
>>
>>80920725
>The only halfway decent Superman story was Red Son.

Kingdom Come? All-Star? Up, Up and Away?

Greg Pak's first two arc on Action Comics are really great.
>>
>>80920761
>being this thin skinned
I suggest you retreat to your safe space
>>
>>80920734
>>faggotry
>speak for thyself cocksucker
>>more faggotry
>confirmed for not seeing obvious narcissistic indulgence for what it is

Being contrarian only reveals that you have no argument.
>>
File: rlOztYt.png (68 KB, 288x175) Image search: [Google]
rlOztYt.png
68 KB, 288x175
>>80920725
half way decent? wut. Red Son and Birthright are one of the best superman stories.
>>
>>80920780
> "disagreeing with me = being a contrarian"
even more faggotry
>>
>>80920838
>even more faggotry

You've posted nothing of substance but call me and others a faggot.
>>
Max is a talentless hack,i did however like his superman video, he should do more of those.
>>
/co/ doesn't read comics, they just enjoy shiposting over made up controversies.

Nothing to see here, move along.
>>
>>80920873
>cant see the obvious substance coz the word faggot triggers you
wtf is up with all this faggotry???
>>
>>80920923

I'm not mad, I'm disappointed.
>>
>>80920999
>acting like you had expectations for me when im an anon on 4chan, trying to pretend youre all high and mighty
this must be what youre dad said when you came out of the closet.
>>
>>80920725
>I Have Barely Read Any Comics: The Post
>>
File: mcsheev.png (212 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mcsheev.png
212 KB, 400x400
>>80920216
>here's what you should think
>>
Why does Max Landis makes these threads every day?
>>
>every portrayal of a character must be the same
>>
It's entirely okay. /co/ having perpetual "not muh Superman" butthurt towards Landis and whining about how grimdark and awful it is never stops being funny.
>>
>>80920698
>and the guys had to just sit awkwardly as Max talked about himself for like half an hour.

Which was all part of the gag.
>>
>>80920250
You should really read everything else, anon. Issue 2 is by far the most divisive, but is on the whole regarded as the weak point on the series thus far.
>>
So who hates Superman more? People that actually don't like Superman, or Superman fans?
>>
>>80921372
Because he needs to do something with his day.
>>
>>80921065
>this must be what youre dad said when you came out of the closet.

Actually he said he loved me and would always be there for me, no lie.

He'd probably disown me if I brought a black girlfriend home though.
>>
>>80922321
>So who hates Superman more? People that actually don't like Superman, or Superman fans?

People who think they know what Superman is, while ignorant of everything beyond his general pop culture presence.
>>
>>80920216
Disagree with you, OP. As much as I love silver agey Superman, it seems he isn't an option anymore. Whether you look at MoS or American Alien, the emphasis seems to be on Clark being flawed in a pursuit to be more relateable, which seems to be most easily accomplished by making him imperfect, and likely to make mistakes while developing into the Superman those of us who love the character cherish. While that isn't exactly my prerred style, between the choice of Goyer's take and Landis's, my vote is for American Alien. AA has given us a Clark who is shown to be concerned or at least thinking of things a person of his age often is, who makes choices (whether wise or foolish) a person of his age often does, who has been guided by arguably one of the best depictions of the Kents I have ever read. He is kind, and compassionate, while also being a touch impulsive and still unable to think things all the way through before taking action. If the consequences of the latter two which are so often defended with the reminder that "Clark is new, and lacks the experience to manage situations more gracefully," are a murderer and dog killer being accidentally double amputated, but still alive, and breaking Lex Luthor's office window with Parasite, as well as the consequences of his doing discussed immediately afterwards or MoS's destruction in Metropolis so often debated in its size and scope, as well as the death of the thousands who happened to be there, American Alien might not be my ideal version of Superman, but its preferrable to its most comperable alternative in my book by a WIDE margin to say the least.
>>
Max Landis is ok. He might be annoying sometimes but he's a good writer. There's a reason he's getting so much work lately.
I didn't know anything about him before I started reading rants against him on /co/ and since then I've been curious and have watched a bunch of youtube interviews and stuff featuring him. He's very passionate about his work and pretty creative.
/co/ is literally just jealous that he's had some succes, and that he's friends with Grant Morrisson now and that he's gotten to write Superman not once but twice.
>>
>>80920216
What are you talking about? It's pretty much Pre New52 Superman.

Sure, he made a single mistake when he was a boy. but in general it's been a wonderful comic.
>>
>>80920216
Confirmed for not reading American Alien.

There was a small moment where he did go berskerk with his heat vision, but it was an accident.

And he's not rebellious at all! It's as though /co/ didn't read comics.
>>
>>80920216
Here's what I think, it doesn't look interesting enough for me to waste my time reading, so I don't have an opinion on the actual story.
>>
>>80920331
Ted Cruz
>>
>>80923239
They said human being anon.
>>
>>80923220
It's not even going berserk, it was a reflex to getting fucking shot while he's not completely bulletproof

And who cares, that guy was a piece of shit
>>
>>80920561
If you had actually read the issue, you would know that he DOESN'T get drunk. Deathstrokes hits him with an exteremely heavy dose of poison that was meant for Bruce Wayne. Clark being who he is though, the effects of the poison essentially amount to heavy intoxication, rather than instant death.
>>
File: 1409426710307.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1409426710307.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
>>80920216
>here's what you should think
Don't tell me what to think, you fucking cunt.

If I ever decide to read it, I'll make up my own opinion of it, thank you very much.
>>
>>80920685
That's actually kind of interesting, but your image title is horrendous.

>>80920698
Landis just got paid $3 million for a Netflix script. That's an insanely good script deal.
>>
What the hell did OP even bring up Fantastic Four? He wasn't even related to it at all.

Could it be that OP is an ignorant fool? I'll let you decide.
>>
>>80920216
but Anon, American Alien is really good :((((((((
>>
>>80920432
>>80920358
>>80920216
>>80920487

>samefagging this hard
>>
>>80923439
Because OP's a moron and thinks Landis and Trank worked together again on Fan4stic?
>>
From issue #3 American Alien has been decent. Max Landis sounds like an insufferable tool as a person but he understands two important things about Superman 1) he shouldn't grandstand 2) he really is just a guy from Kansas.
>>
>>80922431
>A character has almost a century of history
>People have taken him in a ton of different directions
>WUH BUH THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT I KNO WUH NUT MUH SUPER

The things he likes about Superman might not be the things you like about Superman, yet both could still be completely valid.
>>
>People actually defend this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F7N9pTksxY
>>
>>80923239
literally who
>>
>>80923862
A Republican president candidate. Most people don't even know who he is because they log onto SM and see TRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMP.
>>
>>80920216
>actually fuck that, here's what you should think

stop trying to reverse psychology people into not liking this clown. No one likes him already
>>
File: 1402022085066.jpg (17 KB, 300x305) Image search: [Google]
1402022085066.jpg
17 KB, 300x305
>>80920216
Landis knows exactly what he is doing & he is just riling the fans to success the same way Bendis & Millar did.

I'd ignore him outright, but he called out Lexi Alexander on her lies & how she is trying to con geek girls into making her the next Kelly Sue DeConnick, so he gets a pass from me.
>>
>>80923862

He's the Zodiac Killer. They finally found him after all these year.
>>
>>80923840
>So Milwaukee is like... a real city, huh?
>>
File: 1457431477050.jpg (44 KB, 323x345) Image search: [Google]
1457431477050.jpg
44 KB, 323x345
>>80923840
I had to turn it off at WING WANG WONG. How people can listen to this guy without getting an overwhelming urge to murder is beyond me. I don't even care about his opinions or his work, in fact I'm sure he's probably said and done some good things, but my god the combination of that face and that voice is enough to make me pop a fucking blood vessel.
>>
>>80920216
You know how Grant Morrison is placed as one of the few men that actually understands Superman thanks to his comic? Landis' comic is an example of people pretending to undestand Superman and instead of writing a good story they write a "pseudointelectual" edgy story for 14 years old.
>>
>>80920216
Why do you people keep making threads about him?
>>
File: what have you done.png (161 KB, 259x252) Image search: [Google]
what have you done.png
161 KB, 259x252
>>80920216
It's cancer
>>
>>80920836
The best superman story is Injustice.
>>
>>80920725
Spoken like a true casual
>>
File: 14.jpg (933 KB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
933 KB, 1920x1476
What? I thought he got the character of Clark great. To me he's always been Clark Kent first and superman second. He's that boy raised by Jon and Martha Kent. Taught the values of doing good for the sake of it and keeping your word. His powers aren't him they're just fortunate genetics. He doesn't see himself as a god or an insurmountable ideal. He just sees himself as a person like anyone else.

Is that not the character of superman? Like honestly curious here what is your interpretation of the character and how different are our view points here.
>>
I've really enjoyed it, granted I'm not a huge fan of Superman or much interested in his individual back catalogue so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I do like seeing how hardship and moments have produced a hero as compassionate as Clark, it's ultimately a comic about how Superman got to be so Super.

>>80927545
Nailed it
>>
>>80920331
Patrick Klepek
>>
>>80920747
Have you seen the latest BotW?
I gotta see that Nazi Bond flick.
>>
>>80920685
I wanted to hate Trank since I saw the first FF trailer. I'm glad it wasn't wrong to do that.
>>
>>80922399
This has resulted in you wanting black meat more than anything, hasn't it?
>>
>>80922729
>/co/ is literally just jealous that he's had some succes

No, this is just 4Chan being 4Chan. Anger is pretty much what moves this site.
>>
>>80926093
Not even close.
>>
File: feature_ajs041.jpg (30 KB, 251x244) Image search: [Google]
feature_ajs041.jpg
30 KB, 251x244
>>80920629
>Why are you guys able to grasp his personality?

Because it's fucking everywhere if you take two seconds to look around the internet. His Twitter account is an arrogant diatribe about how great he is, and how everyone else is wrong when they don't embrace his shitty work.

Then there's his YouTube projects which, again, are these didactic shorts where he tells you how he's such a genius for having a stupid opinion about wrestling and/or comics.

The punchline here is that he's an average writer at best, who got to where he is because his upbringing afforded him the opportunities that much more talented people will never get.
>>
>>80928179
>4Chan being 4Chan
>4Chan
I don't know where you're from, but you sure as fuck can fuck off back there.
>>
>>80920216
You're getting better at this, Max.
>>
>>80920216
>doesnt understand the character of superman
stopped reading there
you're clearly one of those
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.