[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are almost all of the best female superheroes created by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1453145556662.jpg (88 KB, 630x792) Image search: [Google]
1453145556662.jpg
88 KB, 630x792
Why are almost all of the best female superheroes created by men? I can't really think of a great sci fi or fantasy female protagonist created by a woman. Are men better at writing female power fantasies than actual women?
>>
Girls don't read comic books unless it's fucking Archie, okay?
>>
>>80918686
Because superheroes are intrinsically aspirational and men are the only ones who actually desire to better themselves through profound strife and challenge.
>>
>>80918686
Men have consistently purchased this shit and therefore what we consider the best female characters have been created by men for their audience (other men). I imagine there have been plenty of female created characters out there, it is also possible most people just never gave a shit about them or bothered to remember them.
>>
>best
And yet there's not a single good female superhero. Wanna know why?
Women are inherently boring
>>
Women only create transgendered characters with painfully overbearing masculine traits.

I think they're doing it out of spite because they can't top the best male-created female characters.
>>
>/co/ is dumb enough to take this bait
>>
>>80918686

I guess most of it can be explained by the fact that the profession has been predominantly male until two decacades or so ago. Plus superhero comics were long seen as something for boys etc. Plus there are women in superhero comics who deliver very good content, just not on their own properties most of the time. Which is common for most male writers too I guess.

Or it could be their periods and hysteria interfere with their writing abilities?
>>
>>80918914
It seems like every post in this thread is bait though so does that really count?
>>
>>80918932
Just give it a bit.
>>
>>80918769
Kate Bishop, Black Canary, Batwoman, The Question, Storm, Jessica Jones (technically not as a cape though), Rogue, Ultimate Jessica Drew
>>
Kamala Khan was created by a woman. Your thread should die here.
>>
File: 1404622134275.png (269 KB, 460x480) Image search: [Google]
1404622134275.png
269 KB, 460x480
>>80919018
>Jessica Jones
>Ultimate Jessica Drew
>Good examples.
>>
>>80918766
This.
>>
>>80919018
All of those are complete shit, you tasteless faggot.
>>
>>80919388
That's nice.
>>
>>80918686
There really aren't that many notable female cape creators to begin with, so it's just maths.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBz0BTb83H8
>>
>>80918686
Because almost all the female superheroes are created by men.
>>
>>80919044
>obnoxious dumb bitch
>good character
Fuck off, waifufag.
>>
Between this and the Cyborg thread and a fuckton of other threads, what the hell is it with all these shitty fucking b8 threads lately? Is the only way to drum up discussion here by trying to get /co/mblr and /pol/tards to have another generic, meaningless "argument" (bitchfest) about how worthless or wonderful black people and women are? You can just cut-and-paste any other b8 thread to see exactly where the "discussion" will go and how fucking pointless and meaningless it will be

I am so fucking tired of this shit clogging all the boards, I used to hate tv and movies being discussed here but talking about the MCU or BvS is miles preferable and more on topic than another one of these piece of shit waste of time threads.
>>
>>80918686
i really want to rub my dick all over her pantyhose
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.