[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Male hero has a female counterpart that does everything he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 337x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 337x334
>Male hero has a female counterpart that does everything he does but better.
>>
I feel like this is fine in general if handled even half way decent and not done for "muh gurl powa". Kara is technically this, but without Kal-El's life experience and is a different person with different choices to make and what not.
>>
>>80918471
Its okay if he is the comic relief while the girl is the serious voice of reason, they balance each other
>>
File: thefuckdidyousay.jpg (32 KB, 313x240) Image search: [Google]
thefuckdidyousay.jpg
32 KB, 313x240
>Secret society/world/peoples hidden from the mainstream world
>Literally behind everything in history
I'm sure there are a lot of /co/ related instances but fucking Grimm.
>>
File: beetle finds this funny.jpg (13 KB, 204x207) Image search: [Google]
beetle finds this funny.jpg
13 KB, 204x207
>>80918471
>Female Character does everything better
>Still less popular and sells shit
>>
>>80918471
OP pic was the entirety of /co/'s reaction to Silk. Thank Go they ditched the 'she's better than Spider-Man at everything except physical strength shit.'

They did, didn't they?
>>
>>80918600
Why is the guy always the comic relief though? Is there any IP that has the opposite?

And on that topic, a competent dad and idiot mother?
>>
>>80918541
>Kara is technically this

Nigga, wut? Kara did a lot of damage and stupid shit before calming down.
>>
>>80918471
>White male character is killed off and is replaced by a black male or female
>Never an asian, latino, native american or namekian. It's always a black person
>>
>>80919374
>a competent dad and idiot mother?
King of the Hill is all I can think of.
>>
>>80919453
Totally Awesome Hulk or whatever stupid fucking title they gave Amadeus, with a super genius sister they pulled out of thin air
>>
>evil clone that got enhanced by the villain right away
>he was supposedly better that the original in every way
>still jobbed anyway
>>
File: punisher.jpg (32 KB, 540x280) Image search: [Google]
punisher.jpg
32 KB, 540x280
>If you kill him, you will be just like him
>>
>>80919515
>One example is suppose to trump (hehe) all the others.
I bet your first answer to no white male + black female couple is Ironfist and whatsherface
>>
>>80919515
>Thin air
Maddy was a subplot since Amadeus' inception though.
>>80919507
Certain episodes of American Dad.
>>
>>80919686
I thought only his parents went missing/got kidnapped
>>
>>80919374
>Why is the guy always the comic relief though? Is there any IP that has the opposite?

Gravity Falls, which is a good example as to why the reverse usually doesn't happen. Guy comic reliefs can still be somewhat competent occasionally, like Ron from Kim Possible. If a girl is a comic relief, chances are they're 100 percent useless. The only exception to this is Star vs, but it seems like they go back and forth between whose the comic relief depending on the episode.
>>
>>80919374
It just doesn't work well, its like with the fat father hot mom thing, its old and people are used to it so trying to do different just ends up weird
>>
File: 4ffbjEC.png (22 KB, 263x266) Image search: [Google]
4ffbjEC.png
22 KB, 263x266
>>80919453
>Never an asian, latino, native american or namekian

Nigga, that happens all the time. Both Blue Beetle and Nova were replaced by Hispanics. Read some fucking comics.
>>
>female hero with psychic abilities fucks with her teammates heads and isn't punished for it
Is damn near every single female psychic like this? I can't think of any male hero character with psychic powers that do half the shit the supposed hero female psychics do.
>>
>>80919759
No his parents died, he went to Hades and found them. Then they asked him/he asked them where his sister was and they said they assumed that she was with him, alive, then he felt an asshole because he left his parents trapped in the afterlife unaware what the fuck happened to their daughter.
Though we have no clue where the fuck she came from in the new series but we're slowly getting insight to what happened in the timeskip so we'll probably learn where she came from.
>>80919862
But Mabel is useful sometimes, it varied on what the show wanted to do with the characters but she's comic relief but not a blithering retard.
>>80919507
>>80919374
Not a perfect example, Bob's Burgers. Bob isn't the smart one but he's typically the straight man of him and Linda's duo. She's not stupid but her personality lends more to causing shenanigans than Bob.
>>
>>80919551
Just caught up on The Expanse and Jane gets some good PUNISHING in.
>>
>>80920086
Was actually amazed at how well that show was handled especially since its a fucking SyFy product.
>>
>>80919961
>No his parents died, he went to Hades and found them.
Why antique Greek underworld?
>>
File: an ancient evil awakens.png (226 KB, 468x345) Image search: [Google]
an ancient evil awakens.png
226 KB, 468x345
>>80918471
>Male hero didn't go to Camp Flog Gnaw
>>
>>80920349
Because he's best friends with a Greek God and in iHerc your soul is in all afterlives at once or some such so regardless of them being Baptists they show up in Hades.
>>
>>80918471
>replacing hot white chads with tranny tier women.
>>
>>80920086
>>80920238
My brothers from other mothers. I'm just happy we have a good high-concept sci-fi series again. Only thing that got me was the fucking finale though. I had to go out and buy all the books immediately after seeing it.
>>
File: Histeria Cast Upset.jpg (1 MB, 1365x1023) Image search: [Google]
Histeria Cast Upset.jpg
1 MB, 1365x1023
>There's only one girl on the team
>She's the snarky no fun one of the group

OR

>There's only one girl on the team
>She joined just because she wants to get into some dude's pants
>>
>>80919374
>Why is the guy always the comic relief though? Is there any IP that has the opposite?

Go work construction for six months and attempt to treat a girl like you would any guy afterwards. Girls require special treatment or they become increasingly bitchy and will rationalize hitting you with a car because you told them to suck it up one time three years ago and have ignored their bitchy comments since then.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.