[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"You know what I did this morning? I played the voice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7
File: Orson.jpg (989 KB, 1440x1435) Image search: [Google]
Orson.jpg
989 KB, 1440x1435
>"You know what I did this morning? I played the voice of a toy. Some terrible robot toys from Japan that changed from one thing to another. The Japanese have funded a full-length animated cartoon about the doings of these toys, which is all bad outer-space stuff. I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen."

*goes back to his Negroni cocktail*
>>
>>80918160
FILLED WITH GREEN PEA-NESS
>>
>>80918160
What a fucking cunt. I was always blown away with his smug, superior stance on Transformers. You willingly signed on to be involved with the project. You took a paycheck for something you apparently despised from your great artistic pedestal. You are a fucking whore.
>>
>>80918720

It's the pea commercial that got me. I don't care that he made "The greatest movie ever" Do your fucking job. Your not the director on the pea commercial. You took the money do what your told.
>>
>defending Transformers
>>
His wikia article is hysterical though.
>He also made some movie about some guy who wants a sled.
>It wasn't until 1985 that Mr. Welles finally fulfilled his true destiny by playing the planet-gobbling world Unicron, although, sadly, Mr. Welles died before the movie was released in 1986.
>>
>>80918781

>defending Orson Wells
>>
>>80918809
I don't care about Orson Wells?
I didn't even know his name until now.
>>
>>80918160

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7ycxiog40
>>
>>80918720
It's a fucking toy commercial, you dense cunt. He is Orson Welles. I think he can allow himself to have a superior stance towards it.
Just because you are on a project doesn't mean you have to talk well about it.
>>
>>80918839
>/co/ in charge of being educated about anything but children cartoons
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvxwf1jxdaM

MMMMAAAAAAHHHH THE FRENCH
>>
How did the fuck did they even get Orson Welles on this?
>>
>>80918892
Actors get desperate for money when they old and washed-up.
>>
>>80918876
I've been blackout drunk a couple times in my life and I still don't think I've ever been THIS drunk. That takes a special kind of talent.
>>
>>80918160
To be fair, Transformes is utter garbage from the concept on.
>>
>>80918905
Nah just alcoholism, where you can still get drunker when other people are passing out.
>>
>>80918855
>you will never have Orson Wells narrate your living will

Why die?
>>
>>80918892
Be the director for some company's pitch or be a voice actor for a glorified toy commercial.
Orson Welles picked the one that won't hurt his indie director cred.
Also money.
>>
>not viewing Orson as a sympathetic character and contemplating the many highs and lows of his life that led to his flawed decisions
>>
>>80918160

I don't think Transformers is technically Japanese. It's based on the Japanese Microman toy line from Takara Tomy, but the moment it was rebranded as Transformers it became exclusive property of Hasbro.
>>
>>80918720
I know how dare he act as if he is above transformers!?
>>
>>80919041

Well he's the one acting in it. He took the paycheck anyway.

Good enough to whine like some jilted ex but apparently so financially assfucked by his own bad decisions he had to take the part anyway.
>>
>>80919041

Well then maybe he shouldn't have taken the job :^)
>>
>>80919086
Shit man, burger flippers can shit talk mcdonalds
>>
OK.ay

guys
what is
going on in
here. because I have lurked forever
>>forever
and never has a post demanded my interest in such away. frankly i haven't ventured co much.

I don't know what to do
it hurts
>>
>>80919127

Burger flippers are teens and expected to be petulant brats about everything.
>>
>>80919061
>>80919086
If i'm hard on money and I take a job at a mcdonalds and later let someone know how shitty the place is, how stupid the guy running it is, and how disgusting the food is....who gives a fuck honestly? Guy want a paycheck so he took the job and phoned it in and got his money and had no respect for the 'garbage' he phoned in a few hours work on.
He was an irascible old drunk who talked shit about a fucking cartoon...oh well. Nothing he said was off base. And this is coming from a guy who loved and still loves that movie. But i'm not gonna act like its not to be shat upon by someone who worked on it.
>>
>>80919127
That's because working food service is literal hell, fast food or not. Mcdonalds being the worst of the worst.
Voice acting isn't particularly hard when you have a desirable voice already.
>>
>>80918160
It's not that he's wrong, but he's still a dickbag for gnawing the hand that fed him. He didn't have to voice that role, so don't be an ass and slam something you willingly joined. If it's so bad then don't do it.
>>
>>80919175

The thing is mate, is his total lack of self awareness.

He bitterly complains about it's a blatant toy commerical, but when I read the statement I can't stop thinking that he's the fucking old drunk loser who took the role.

If he's such an unrelenting washed up drunk, then complaining about how he was in a TV toy commerical just makes him look even worse.

Like the movie is almost doesn't matter, it's more that he's so egotistical despite being a drunk loser at that point, and has no self awareness to see how saying that just makes him look delusional.
>>
>>80919175

No, but if you go from being a world-class cook to a job in mcdonalds, you don't really have much room to talk shit about your fellow burger flippers.
>>
>>80919184
Doesn't matter. Someone who works in a fucking diamond mine or on a farm will call fast food work pussy work for fairy boys who can't take a job that requires real work.

Shits relative. Also pointless anyway because simply because a job is less pleasant than another doesn't mean it invalidates someone shitting on it regardless. He felt it was beneath him so he insulted it. Well within his rights as any other person who doesn't respect the job they're doing.
>>
>>80919227
But he wasn't insulting fellow voice actors. He was insulting the idea, the fact that it was low grade toy bullshit. Which it was and is.
>>
>Chris Evans says he didn't like the language line in AoU
>BASED CAP, one of us, lol telling it like it is
>Orson Welles criticizes Transformers
>wow who does he think he is?
>>
>>80919229
see
>>80919210

>he's so egotistical despite being a drunk loser at that point
>>
>>80919318
Who gives a shit. Doesn't make what he said any less valid or any less like any other person who despite being down on their luck talks shit about their shit job.
>>
File: 1457100177427.jpg (369 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457100177427.jpg
369 KB, 1920x1080
Orson didn't think Walky was funny either. What a fucking hack.

>mfw Walky married a girl that looks just like Orson Welles because he couldn't get over being jilted by Unicron.
>>
>>80919140
Are you a non-English speaker?
>>
>>80918160
We didn't get that toy for like 20 years!

That was BULLSHIT.
>>
>>80918860

Oh fuck off. If he had any integrity at all he wouldn't have accepted the job in the first place.

That's what this is a bout. you don't like the project? Fine. But don't act smug when no one was forcing you to be there. Ive had worse jobs and I didn't bitch half as much. You're not exempt because you made art some decades earlier
>>
>>80919269
>But he wasn't insulting fellow voice actors.

yes he was. They all played toys too and he was acting like he was above stooping to their level. That's most certainly shit talking his fellow actors.
>>
>>80918363
>>80918720
>>80918744
>come in this thread not knowing who or what the fuck that is
>decide to do actual research and listen and read about Orson Wells
>Call Houston, because my sides are in orbit

Holy shit. "In July"
>the reading I'm giving is the right one
>One more word out of you, and you go
>I take directions from one person /under protest/

What an ornery bag of hilarity.
>>
File: 466.png (97 KB, 219x237) Image search: [Google]
466.png
97 KB, 219x237
>>80919462
>mfw I was born just in time to enjoy it as a kid
>>
>>80919706
You're probably going to like this
https://youtu.be/7uWW--w4SRs
>>
>>80919787
This show was so far above me when I was seven. I can't stop laughing.
>>
>>80918160

[citation needed]
>>
>>80919462
But when we did we were solvent enough not to have to rely on our parents getting it for Christmas (and probably buying the wrong one).
>>
>>80919874

For once, the grumpy old man quote is actually real. That's a famous thing he said that you can google. I don't know if the drink part is real though.
>>
He's definitely right.
But even if it's stupid and bad you are still allowed to like Transformers.
He's not taking that away from you.

And hating the stuff you are working on is pretty much the standard in this world for anyone who is sane, suits and normies are fucking dumb.
>>
>>80919501
Just because you don't doesn't mean you can't.
>>
>>80918892
Everyone has to pay the bills, even Orson Welles. That's how the society works.
You gotta do what you gotta do, even if you fucking despise it and are surrounded by morons.
If you don't, the banks will come for your house and cops will shoot you.
>>
>>80919188
>It's not enough you take my corporate rape dick up your ass, you gotta like it, smile and say "thank you" too
>>
>>80919501
>If he had any integrity at all he wouldn't have accepted the job in the first place.

People enjoy paying their bills, fucko.
>>
>>80919564

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-hahaha!
>>
>>80919144

Funny, that's not true.
>>
>>80920211

If he had to resort to shit like that after having such a successful career, then he already lost his integrity.
>>
>>80919787
Holy crap, there was no way I could've understood this reference when I was younger. This is hilarious.
>>
>>80920444
I remember finding it funny despite not getting the reference, which is usually a good barometer.
>>
>>80920395
>integrity
you'd never even heard of him until he sold out and got a studio job
>>
>>80920395
What if he was successful but not as in "money money money" successful?

He wasn't paid in golden mansions on top of hills if I remember correctly.
He was no sports star pulling in billion dollars per season.

Yeah, fuck that guy for not lavishly overcharging all throughout his life. Fuck him for having to punch the card once in a while. No integrity.
>>
>>80918744

I've always enjoyed the Pea Commercial recording. Sure, Welles is an ass, but he's actually applying effort.
>>
>>80918160
>created citizen kane, objectivly one of the greatst films of all time
>last performance is playing a plastic oy in a shitty japanesse animumu cartoon
JUST
>>
>>80920537
>sports star pulling in billion dollars per season.
How disconnected are you from reality?
No sport star even makes half a billion a year.
>>
Welles was a fat alcoholic
>>
>>80920579
Yeah sorry, I meant to say a dillion. Or some other non-exact number easily understood as an unusually large sum of money.
>>
>>80920579
>you will never be this autistic
>you will never get upset about a dead guy talking about doing voice over work for a 30 year old toy commercial

Anyway its more likely that he took the job so he could finance his latest film project and not because he was broke
>>
>>80920135
Like they said, he was willing. He wasn't forced into it.
>>
>>80920701

People ARE forced into it if it's the only way they can make money. Everyone has to eat and pay the rent, it's not a voluntary choice. Wage slavery is what it's called.
>>
>>80918870
NO ONE outside of America ever gave a shit about the guy.
>>
>>80918160
>"I think I made essentially a mistake in staying in movies but it’s a mistake I can’t regret because it’s like saying I shouldn't have stayed married to that woman but I did because I love her. I would have been more successful if I hadn't been married to her, you know. I would have been more successful if I'd left movies immediately, stayed in the theatre, gone into politics, written, anything. I've wasted a greater part of my life looking for money and trying to get along, trying to make my work from this terribly expensive paintbox which is a movie. And I've spent too much energy on things that have nothing to do with making a movie. I'ts about two percent movie-making and ninety-eight percent hustling. It's no way to spend a life."
>>
>>80920701
There is a very large difference between "willing" and paying the bills.
You'll understand when you grow up.
>>
>>80918720

You were blown away that one of the most influential directors of all time had a superior stance on a glorified toy advert? I doubt he was the only one attached to that project that didn't give a single shit.
>>
File: bait.png (73 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
73 KB, 622x626
>>80920729
>>
>HURREERR I LIEK TRUNSFUHMUHHS SO NO ONE EVRR IS ALLOWED TO NOT LIKE THEM REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Unicrondesktop-760x570.png (365 KB, 760x570) Image search: [Google]
Unicrondesktop-760x570.png
365 KB, 760x570
Honestly, I kinda like the fact that he gave no fucks. Every G1 cartoon was a paycheque for everyone involved, especially the movie. Leonard Nimoy refused to even discuss his part as Galvatron for DECADES (he softened up later on, and even voiced one of the Bayformers, but still... DECADES).
>>80919462
Looking at the prototype... it was alright.
>>
>/co/ hating on Welles because MUH ROBOTS
And I thought /tv/ was bad...
>>
I literally knew him as "AHAHAHA FAGGOT" man my entire teenage life and into my 20's until this thread.
>>
>>80919210
>The thing is mate, is his total lack of self awareness.
No, he's perfectly self aware.

Adults in general understand that sometimes they have to do things they dislike for money.

There's nothing at all "delusional" about calling a shitty toy commercial a shitty toy commercial.
>>
>>80918160
And then the sound guys said his work was so bad that most of it was unusable and they got Leonard Nimoy to re-record a bunch of Wells's lines and mixed the two voices together to get a decent end product.
>>
>>80920537
Then maybe he didn't deserve to complain, it's a fucking job to pay his bills. It's a pure translation of sustinace and if was so cable of a creator and transformers is so fucking easy and stupid then maybe he should've been making it, or would that be too low of job for him?

I haven't heard shit from David Lynch being a voice on the fucking Clevend show, or maybe he's just more of a fucking man about it.
>>
>>80921883
>Then maybe he didn't deserve to complain
Everyone has the right to complain about anything.

Jesus, if you're going to be a fascist about anything, is it really going to be Transformers?
>>
>>80921917
I'm not saying this because I like transformers, they're just as much of toy commercial as MLP. I'm saying that his complaints seem to stem from a certain his bloated ego, if he was under contract to do something then fine go ahead and complain. Fuck Bill Murray has a right to complain being locked into two garfield movies, and even actively trying to help fix these films he is shot down.
>>
>>80921997
He delivered his lines as agreed upon.
He did his job as per contract.

He can trash transformers all he wants.
>>
>>80918876
>I don't understand, we gave him the non-alcoholic wine!
>>
>>80922187
I mean he sort of didn't, from what >>80921774 sounds like he didn't do all that well.
>>
>>80919140
Are you Orson Wells' drunk ghost?
>>
>>80918720
>>80918860
To be fair, this was a gritty, edgy toy commercial with violence and swearing. It shared a continuity with the Saturday morning cartoon, but tonally it was more on par with the Michael Bay movies.

Actually, he totally has a right to feel above this.
>>
>>80922263

washed up drunks don't have a right to feel above anything
>>
>>80918876
i want /tv/ to leave
>>
>>80922278
What about 30+yo manchildren who still watch shows about plastictoys?
>>
WHAT LUCK. THERE'S A FRENCH FRY STUCK IN MY BEARD.
>>
>>80918908

Beg to differ. Beg to differ. The concept is insanely strong.
>>
>>80921307
>Leonard Nimoy refused to even discuss his part as Galvatron for DECADES

Which is just weird, because he fucking KILLED the role. It was PERFECT.

>>80922498

We pay for the right. He got paid. He should have said "Thank you for paying me for an afternoon's worth of work in this comfortable studio" and fucked off. Fat sack of crap.
Whatever happened to "There are no small roles, just small actors"?

He got to play A PLANET-SIZED WORLD-KILLING SUPER ROBOT GOD. And he talks shit about it? FUCK HIM!
>>
>>80922498

but i don't give a fuck about transformers. it's just that pretending you're above something because of your past success when you're a has-been means you have an ego
>>
>>80922602
>these sentient robotic lifeforms from outer space come to life and transform into common vehicles to battle other members of their race!
It's some high concept shit, Anon.
>>
>>80921774

Wasn't he almost dead at this point?
>>
>>80922812
>>these sentient robotic lifeforms
Who happen to look incredibly humanoid, also.
>>
>>80918160
MMMUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH......... THE.............. FRENCH
>>
>>80922846
And?

It's pretty stupid.
>>
>>80922920
Yes, I was adding to that point.
>>
>>80921883
Well, Lynch wasn't on the Cleveland Show because he needed the money, he was on there because he's friends with Clevelands voice actor and wanted to do him a favour.
>>
>>80918744
show me how its possible to start a sentence with "In July" and emphasize "in"
>>
Oh, /co/, don't you understand, this is the guy who became famous for making a movie about a famous man who eventually became petty and paranoid, and eventually threw his wealth away.
>>
>>80922812

They're not from outer space, they're from another planet. They transform to hide themselves or to use a different skill set (ie, driving or flying is faster than walking). They battle each other - as we do.

The concept is relatively simple, and ironclad, as it keeps proving.

>>80923050

BEFORE July, you said you were too busy to come to the beach. AFTER July, you said you didn't like the weather. IN July, you said your body wasn't beach ready.

>>80923310

He didn't throw his wealth away, except metaphorically...
>>
File: BRONCOS FAGGOT.jpg (35 KB, 294x361) Image search: [Google]
BRONCOS FAGGOT.jpg
35 KB, 294x361
>IGGLES
>LILLIES
>>
>>80918720
Honestly, compared to other shit hes being pretty respectful of the Japs hustle here
>>
>It has its own Wikipedia article

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Peas
>>
>>80923532
The delusion is strong but it is a delusion shared by so many
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.