[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the late 80s to early 90s the best era of Marvel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 90's Marvel.jpg (66 KB, 329x499) Image search: [Google]
90's Marvel.jpg
66 KB, 329x499
Well Co/?
>>
>>80916466

seemed a lot better organized if nothing else

Clone saga not withstanding
>>
Shamelessly bumping.

No-one has fond memories of this marvel era?

Kraven's Last Hunt?
Smart-Hulk?
Crippled Tony Stark?
The FF Black Celestial arc?
>>
>>80918863
Operation Galactic Storm?
Starlin's original Infinity Trilogy?
X-Tinction Agenda?
Or in short, Tom DeFalco's reign as EiC?
>>
Probably, with Age of Apocalypse being the best X-Men crossover and best alternate reality temporary reset.
Also, man, could you imagine if Marvel had given their creative teams creative control? Cyberforce, Wetworks, WildCATS, Youngblood, Spawn etc all becoming mainstream marvel character strip lines? Cyberforce stories going into X-Men continuity instead of their own forgettable characters. PITT stories becoming Hulk stories, Child-Banner and MonsterHulk, wow.
>>
>>80919493

Don't know about Cyberforce but WIldCATs v1, Wetworks and Youngblood didn't have very good stories (thats what happenes when writers hire their friends to do writing).
>>
File: 2NSErNg.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
2NSErNg.gif
2 MB, 643x539
>>80916466
>Venom
>90's
>>
What was Deadpool like before he became a meme spouter?
>>
80s was the best for comic books.
>>
>>80919696
He was much edgier in his first appearance. His humor was more morbid.
>>
>>80916466
80's was a pretty good era, I'll agree to that. 90's was such a mixed bag though, with the majority of the stuff being completely awful, with a few gems here and there.
>>
>>80916466
Late 90's early 00's were great too.
>>
>>80919493

Yeah but after Age of Apocalypse we got Operation Zero Tolerance, one of the worst X-men crossovers.
>>
>>80919809

After Onslaught was when it went rapidly downhill. (I have to admit I liked the Clone Saga though.)
>>
>>80918863
I have
>>
>>80919224

Looked up Tom DeFalco's stint as EiC and yep, 1987 to 1994 was when I loved Marvel most.
>>
File: Venom.jpg (96 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
Venom.jpg
96 KB, 600x532
>>80919681

Pic related was best Venom. Much prefer the Toothy Grin to Fangs & Tongue Phallus.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.