[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 45
File: GrimlockKing.jpg (539 KB, 1530x2048) Image search: [Google]
GrimlockKing.jpg
539 KB, 1530x2048
Hail to the king edition.

Old Thread: >>80835713
>>
Anyone feel like storytiming anythng?
>>
>>80915372
Please post the guides and pastebin if you start the thread.
>>
2nd for sexiest bot
>>
File: ko-05.jpg (93 KB, 221x561) Image search: [Google]
ko-05.jpg
93 KB, 221x561
>>80915534
3rding him as sexiest
>>
>>80915578
He's the only thing TFP did right, isn't he?
>>
>>80915527

Don't have that list, sorry man.
>>
File: 45081094.jpg (733 KB, 500x2084) Image search: [Google]
45081094.jpg
733 KB, 500x2084
>>80915675
I enjoyed TFP for itself despite it's flaws but Knock Out was a great bonus.
>>
File: GUIDE.png (179 KB, 1289x968) Image search: [Google]
GUIDE.png
179 KB, 1289x968
>>80915527
Boop.

http://pastebin.com/9qmr1uq6

We're still looking for:
=IDW=
The Art of IDW's Transformers
I Am Optimus Prime (Robot Heroes)

=Fun Publications=
Official Transformers Collector's Club Magazine comic strips from issues #56-onwards.

=Titan UK comic=
Need
v1 #3-25,
v2 #1-21,
v3 #1-3,
v4 #15 onwards
Animated #1-3

=Rescue Bots=
Rescue Bots Roll Out (Available free at BotCon 2011 and some retailers)
Prime Alert (Packed with the Fire Station Prime playset)
Rescue Bots Respond (Packed with electronic Heatwave)
Rapid Rescue (Packed with electronic Chase)

=Other=
Transformers: Exiles
>>
>>80915899
https://mega.co.nz/#F!Ax4nUCCT!_5vN--HYA1R6ahJUNcx-wQ

We're still looking for:

========Western=========
=IDW=
The Art of IDW's Transformers
I Am Optimus Prime (Robot Heroes)
Legacy: The Art of Transformers Packaging

=Titan UK comic=
v1 #3-25,
v2 #1-21,
v4 (Prime) #15-20
v5 (AoE) #5
Animated #1-3

=========Manga==========
=G1=
-TV Magazine-
Transformers: The Headmasters #2-6 (have 2-6 raw)
Transformers: Super-God Masterforce #2-12 (have 2-3, 7, 9 raw)
-Comic Bom Bom-
Famicom How-to Manga: Transformers: Mystery of Convoy (incomplete art only copy in the mega)
Transformers (Mystery of Convoy) (strategy guide)
-Other-
Transformers PD-Type #17-24 (have raw)
MC Axis - Hot Rod
Transformers: All Spark #1-9
Transformers: All Spark Another Episode #1-2

=Beastformers/Laser Beasts=
The Water Gem of Stillness (have raw)
Legend of the Three Wise Ones (have raw)
Beastformers VS Laser Beasts (have raw)

=Beast Wars=
Beast Wars II #2-9 (have all raw)
Beast Wars Neo #1-4, 6-7 (have all raw)
Beast Wars Metals #1-6 (have all raw)
Beast Wars Reborn #4

=Kid Transformers: Rescue Heroes Go-Bots=
Need translated: all but 3 (Chuck)
Need raw: 11 (Chopper), 15 (Paul Jr.) 16 (Gong) 17 (George), 18 (Roy), 19 (Randy)

=Unicron Trilogy=
Transformers: Galaxy Force #0, 2-9 (have #0, 2-6 raw)

=Kiss Players/15 Go! Go!=
Transformers: Kiss Players #1-3 (have all raw)
Information Administration Teletraan 15 Go! Go! #1-26 (have all raw)

=Robotmasters=
Robotmasters (pack-in manga) #1 (have raw)
Robotmasters (online manga) #1-13 (have all raw)
Robotmasters (3D diorama manga) #1-11 (have #1-4, 6, 9, 11 raw)

=Henkei! Henkei! Transformers=
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers Toy (pack-in manga) #6-12 (have #1-9, 11-12 raw)
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers (Comic Bun Bun) #1-12

Other
Q-Robo Transformer
Ridiculous Legend Transformers (have raw)
>>
>>80915899
You are a good booper anon.
>>
>>80915428
/r/ing dinobot combiner comic
>>
>>80915675
RiD's biggest mistake was not bringing him back.
>>
>>80916164

Please no, the writing is so dumb.
>>
>>80916235
exactly why I need to see it
>>
File: transformers indian camoflauge.jpg (76 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
transformers indian camoflauge.jpg
76 KB, 720x404
This week's episode was fucking terrible.
>>
>>80917047

Wait, this is on CN? What time does this run (EST)? All I ever see when flipping the channels is that Teen Titans GO shit that apparently runs 18 hours a fucking day.
>>
>>80917148

No idea I just torrent it then regret the bandwidth wasted.
>>
>>80917180
That one phrase describes so much of my life.
>>
>>80917047
see, this is why I don't watch it
>>
So why do people dislike the RID cartoon?
I'm curious.
>>
>>80918450

It's a combination of Rescue Bots and Prime but it only uses the bad parts of either.

It's got simple and episodic writing, but none of the wit and charm of Rescue Bots, and it's got plodding, dramatic heavy dialogue but none of the plot complexity of Prime.

It's the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>80918450
I'm only autistic not retarded.
>>
>>80918936
You what?
>>
>>80919307
He's saying that though it requires autism to enjoy most Transformers media, RID takes a step further and requires full-blown mental retardation.
>>
>>80918626

Because, just like the old RID, the show is hastily thrown together garbage to fill the toy shelves and TV screen to keep the brand in the public eye and relevant until Hasbro decides what to do with it after the colossal failure of the Aligned Universe.

It's not meant to be good. It's just meant to keep the franchise alive.
>>
>>80920028

Yeah, but at least old RID was funny as fuck.
>>
>>80916235
Then it would go great with exRID and MTMTE.
>>
>>80917047
So they're Color Changers now too? Hope they don't spend too much time in the sun, that will ruin them.
>>
>>80898641

thanks.
>>
>>80918936
Hi Razorsaw.
>>
>>80920028
Was Aligned really a colossal failure? Three seasons, two strong-selling video games, a whole lot of toys sold... yeah, Universe was kind of a misfire, but it never seemed like an outright flop overall to me, unless there's something big that I'm missing.
>>
>>80920028
>Hasbro decides what to do with it after the colossal failure of the Aligned Universe.

I think it's pretty obvious that Hasbro already decided what they want. Based on the last couple of month it's obvious that they're going full-movie for everything mainstream and full-G1 for everything collector/fan-based.

Like look at the state of the franchise now. We'll be having a movie every year, there's working on a feature-lenght cartoon based on the movie-verse, and there were rumors that the next show will be movie based too.

On the other hand everything that's targeting the collectors is going for full-blown G1 style. The new toyline is basically just G1 toys with better articulation.

They just need time to implement the shift in strategy.
>>
>>80920219

Aligned was a 10 year plan that laster for like 3 years at best.

Hasbro counted that TFP would be so strong and that the Transformers brand would be so huge thanks to the movies that it would kick-start a shitton of other Hasbro properties thus creating a big ass ALIGNED universe with Transformers and GI Joe and all other shit. TFP was supposed to be for Hasbro what Ironman was for the MCU.

Seeing how none of that came true, and we got RID yeah I think Hasbro considers it a failure.
>>
File: rodimus depressed.png (225 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
rodimus depressed.png
225 KB, 442x341
>>80920222
>>80920257

That really depresses me.

We could have gone somewhere with everything but no everyone had to mismanage and not be able to keep their egos in check for the fate of the franchise.
>>
Basically Hasbro thought that strong movie sales would translate to the franchise becoming more popular in general, but really that wasn't the case.

In the end, our franchise is just kiddyshit and junk movie fodder for 99% of people.
>>
>>80920285

The history of the franchise is filled with egomaniacs destroying evertyhing that could be good and lead the franchise forward.
>>
>>80920285
Speaking of egos, wasn't there some clash between the Prime studio and Hasbro?
Also the whole Binder of Revelation thing , but I don't get that one.
>>
>>80920342

Short version

>Hasbro makes books about everything
>here use this book to make big universe
>Studio: NO FUCK YOU HASBRO MUH CREATIVE VISSION
>everything gets fucked
>>
>>80920341

FunPub in a nutshell LMAO.

>>80920342

Pretty Much though keep in the mind the guy who said that Rik Alvarez is the saltiest motherfucker around.

There is some truth to what he said but I wouldn't take all of it as gospel.
>>
>>80920285
Really, it was a big mix of things. Dark of the Moon underperformed and left the movieverse (the big anchor) in a bit of a rut. Then an economic downturn cut the budgets of the toys, resulting in Prime's toyline being chaotic, watered-down, and late. Prime had a solid series, but it mostly aired on the Hub, which kept it out of reach of a lot of people. Then Activision gutted High Moon, Universe failed to come out, and the only things to be getting fairly universal acclaim were the G1 comics.

And to cap it off, from the very beginning, the whole concept of an "aligned" continuity was bunk, because its three main vanguards (Prime, Rescue Bots, and the Cybertron games) all had completely different plots, vastly different aesthetics and tones, only worked as a single universe with some heavy broad strokes, and were appealing to totally different audiences. Most of the people playing the Cybertron games thought they were supposed to be G1, and even the developers seemed to be leaning more towards that. Because of that, the people playing the Cybertron games didn't promptly move on to watch Prime, and that turned what should have been an aligned fanbase into a fractured one.
>>
>>80920354
>>80920342

Nah, Rik Alvarez was a total bitter faggot who talked a lot of shit. The truth was he fucked up.

http://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/121416-everything-that-went-wrong-with-the-transformers-prime-show-panel-at-tfcon-charlotte/?p=3059608

Here's a 33-page thread that dissects all his bullshit claims.
>>
>>80920362
>FunPub in a nutshell LMAO.
All I know about them is that their comics is a massive circlejerk and they release exclusive decos. Is there anything more to it that I don't know?
>>
>>80920419

credit card theft and always blaming anyone but themselves.

shame some of their exclusives toys are good.
>>
>Rik Alvarez rewrote all the aligned fiction novels the night before they were published

What the fuck?
>>
>>80920419
Also overcharging, general dickishness, and publishing fan fiction.
>>
File: primal ponders.jpg (64 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
primal ponders.jpg
64 KB, 600x453
>>80920455

how does fiction made by fans stop being fan fiction?
>>
>>80920502
When the fans remember they need to put out good stories instead of just listchecking or making wish fullfilment.
Yes, you can do both AND wrote something that can be enjoyed by everyone.
>>
>>80920409
>Allspark
>not going to be bias against Rik
Yeah, no.
>>
>>80920657
A good example: Linkage is a great little series that actually winds up being a lot deeper than its original counterpart, entirely because it was written by an obsessive fanboy who saw a concept (what do the Minicons think about this whole "being turned into other people's powerups" thing) and wanted to push it to its limit while tossing in a couple references to sweeten the deal.

On the other end of the scale, you have something like Wings of Honor, which is so shallow and bland outside of "Look, it's obscure European characters! And we just fixed a plothole from that one G1 episode!" that nobody gives a fuck about it.
>>
>>80920758
Another good one: LSOTW
People won't get where those garish fuckers came from, but can still enjoy the story, the characters themselves and the underlying theme regardless.
>>
>>80920906
And as a good counterpoint: The 2012 "Invasion" comic. It's an utter shambolic mess of a story. It has a lot of high, fannish concepts - invaders from the Mirror Universe! Evil Wreck-Gar who's like an Insecticon! The entire Classicsverse gets blown up! - but there's no real protagonist, no moral, it barely has a beginning or end, the characters are boring or OOC, and even the dialogue is turgid. There's nothing to it besides high concepts and fanwank, and the result is barely readable.
>>
>>80917047
>This week's episode was fucking terrible.
>Every week's episode is fucking terrible.

There, fixed that for you.
>>
>>80918626

That's a lot of nice opinions, but it's factual wrong. The characters in RID are much better than Prime both as standalon and in a dynamic.

Just compare them at a matter of depth.

At the end of Season 2 of the show all we knew about Arcee was that she had people die on her so she wanted to either kill Airachnid or Starscream and her relationship to everybody was crossing arms and being snippy. That's it, that it all we get of her, we never know what drives her beyond the badly done revenge plot that comes and goes.

Strongarm, we know she is a starry-eyed cadet from a police force who came to Earth because she wanted to see some real action and idolizes the old Optimus Prime that battled there. We know she wants to prove herself a good officer and take this opportunity to pick up skills in a trial by fire. Her relationship VARIES to which character, thre's different dynamic between her to Grimlock, her to Bumblebee, her to Sideswipe, her to Windblade and so on.

Characters like that are what makes Rescue Bots good and the lack of that is what made Prime not only a badly plotted mess but also a fucking bore in character dynamics. RID is on the right track.
>>
>>80921203

>Strongarm, we know is a rules-loving idiot except when she flagrantly breaks rules for her own benefits and nearly gets people killed which completely contradicts her character (see Springload ep)

fixed it for you
>>
>>80918626

Wait. Wait. I just read what you said again.

"Dramatic heavy dialogue"? Even Optimus in RID ocassionaly drops humane terms, it is by no means on the same level of 'thesaurus writing" as Primewas.

And most importantly, PLOT COMPLEXITY OF PRIME? What fucking plot complexity in Prime? Did we watch the same show?

Prime was so fucking run of the mill that their big reveal of a season of macguff hunting was explained in universe by another macguffin, and one season later they did another macguffin hunt right after mocking macguffin hunts.

Shit Season 3 flat out REUSES the Season 2 finale's plot of Megatron firing the omega key, which was already retarded by the way, Optimus could've killed Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave at the end of season 2 when they rescued the kids.

All in all, I thought you were simply shitting on RID out of bias, but now I see you REALLY are dumber than a brick.
>>
>>80921223

Factualy wrong once again, her very first episode had her bending rules to get to go into action to prove herself, twisting Bumblebee's orders to follow him to Earth and letting Russel escape so she could follow him into the real action.

She has always had a mischievous streak when it comes to that, her rule-following manners come from a desire to be an exemplary officer, not a binary character trait like Rescue Bot Chase's demeanor.
>>
You guys just wanted me to check out Rescue Bots, aren't you?
Fine, where should I start watching? Or can I just jump right in?
>>
>>80921253

That's more complex than singular episodic plots, though. You're saying the writing is shit as is your right, but you can't really argue that Prime didn't have several ongoing plots regardless of their quality.

The entire plot of RIDS1 was about Autobots capturing a Decepticon of the week. The only ongoing plot was Steeljaw recruiting a few, but then that gets thrown out the window for Megatronus to show up out of nowhere for the finale then fuck off to wherever he came from. It was simple and episodic.

I'm not saying that in and of itself is bad because Rescue Bots did episodic plots well, I don't think RID's dialogue and setup match the actual narrative complexity. There *should* be more going on in S1, but there's not.
>>
>>80921292

Just start from the beginning, most of the episodes are fun.
>>
>>80921308

Not part of what I have to say, but Steeljaw's plot dit did not get thrown out of the window considering it's still going and has escalated to Steeljaw finding another team to add to his efforts though. He had a setback, but it's very different from Prime where MECH's subplot just fucking ends because I guess they really really thought that a end of season McGuffin key hunt was more interesting than any character-driven villain, not that Silas had much character beyond "evil and likes leather".

And there is nothing wrong with episodic plots, Prime is allowed to do that to and honestly for it's Season 1 it mostly did, but that doesn't change the fact they were far from complex. It was all either "recurring villains or REVENGE" plots sprinkled with macguffins. That is VERY basic story-telling, Prime was very pretentious and tried to look epic, but at the end of the day it was objectively hollow.

And again your dialogue claim just doesn't hold up. The only characters that are wordy are Druft and Optimus (who are both two stiff oldr figures), Bumblebee occasionaly when he's getting serious to make it clear to the team the gravity of the situation, but most of the time they talk like normal people, they joke among each other, they use nicknames, it's very much the same tone of content as Rescue Bots does.

This is the same show where Optimus Prime feels comfortable joking around and says "Honestly" when he's uncomfortable, I think that is a good example of my point that it is very far from being dramatic.
>>
File: tumblr_mpigvxEsIP1r8b2ino1_500.png (381 KB, 500x574) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpigvxEsIP1r8b2ino1_500.png
381 KB, 500x574
>>80921318
>>80921292
the musical episode is the best

don't like what they did to Morroco and it's kind of ethically questionable too

but you have to watch the episode about the Lobster Festival
>>
>>80921393

It did get thrown out of the window, because his team was scattered and his plans failed when Megatronus showed up and decided to destroy the worlds because....reasons. And Bumblebee and the guys got magic swords and armor because....reasons. Prime didn't really have any out-of-nowhere stuff. Also I think saying that Prime abused Macguffins is disingenuous when the entire franchise does the same. Hell, RID's Decepticon pods are themselves Macguffins that motivate the entire plot.

Transformers is built on scavenger hunts from G1.
>>
File: i hope you like leather.jpg (7 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
i hope you like leather.jpg
7 KB, 263x192
>>80921393
>not that Silas had much character beyond "evil and likes leather"

Reminds me of that scene of the recent Spongebob movie consider Clancy Brown voiced both Mr. Krabs and Silas.
>>
>>80921511

Factualy wrong, in the season finale he failed because he bought Megatronus's promises, but he's still out there, he has already found a new group, and pardon of this is spoilers but future episode preview clips shows that he breaks some of his old team free.

Megatronus had a reason to destroy the world, he explained that both were responsible for his exhile so he wanted to make them suffer, we don't know his his exhile happened yet but we already knew he was in a different dimension and needed help being untrapped and the main writer has teased there's more stuff with him coming, in particular, explanation on why he wears a decepticon symbol even though he predates the movement. The magic swords were simply the decepticon hunter doing what they already said they could do: turn into a weapon you can think of.

The armor was out of nowhere, I agree, but Prime DID pull shit out of it's ass. The entire season 3 premiere borded on the logic breaking bullshit that Smokescreen could somehow walk thru a space bridge that has been turned off and blatant retconning (Ratchet says Smokescreen was the last to walk thru the bridge even though it wasnt, Ratchet was) and that is not to mention how sudden Unicron pops up without any foreshadowing. Plus the gigantic insecticon hive on Earth they never explained. I don't think any of those are that bad though since they could be explained (i'd explain the Insecticons were left behind to guard energon like Skyquake was personally), but the Smokescreen bridge stuff is just blatant bad writing and bullshitting.

All in all, my point is not Prime's quality, nor that McGuffins are bad (the notion that the prisoners are mcguffins is silly though, they are the threat not the item to be acquired and they influence plot by actios not by existence), I am just heavily disagreeing with the notion that Prime's plot was complex and that RID is dramatic.
>>
>>80921661
>Factualy wrong
>Factualy wrong

Factually, fucker.
>>
>>80921688

English not my first language, thank you for the correction, I apologize for any future mispelling.
>>
>>80921661
>Megatronus had a reason to destroy the world, he explained that both were responsible for his exhile

It's not a good reason because it wasn't explained. It was supposed to be the entire climax of S1 but literally had no exposition whatsoever.
>>
Hey /tfg/, does anyone here have the complete series of this? They're surprisingly difficult to find.
>>
>>80921786

I've got this one too....
>>
>>80921786
>>80921879
What madness is this? There's more?
>>
>>80921753

Not really. You don't need to know what caused his exhile to understand why he would be upset about it and want to punish people for it. By your logic Megatron is a terrible villain because they never explain why he wants to take over Earth (like Megatronus you can understand why a guy who lost his planet would want to take another for his turf, but it's never explained and considering Optimus mentions there's many planets out there with energon stockpiles it would make more sense for him to go for one that has no natives to fight back). He is not a good character I actualy agree, but they did give a reason for his schemes.

Furthermore the story isn't about Megatronus, he is the threat that brings Optimus back to our world so that Bumblebee can be tempted to fall back into his old habits a the face of his old mentor's presence and test the hero's trust in himself. He is basically Unicron in Prime to use another TFexample, though I can't really think of what the point of his season finale was as character drama goes. All it really lead to was Ratchet info-dumping Optimus's backstory. I guess it also sets up that the matrix exists (which by the way is an ass pull worse than RID's armor, so that is another point against your claim Prime was more complex).
>>
>>80921907
>Not really. You don't need to know what caused his exhile to understand why he would be upset about it

Yes you do, there's no frame of reference. He's not a two-bit criminal he's the main villain of the season finale. There's no meat.
>>
>>80922014

He's not the main villain by any means. Steeljaw is, Megatronus is just the big season bad guy that gives a reason for a big fight, but the main villain is Steeljaw, whose motivation we already know: wants to turn Earth into a realm for his fellow cons and put himself in charge of it.

Megatronus is Darth Vader in Episode 1, not Tarkin. The Final Boss but not the main villain.
>>
>>80921786
>>80921879
>>80921904
It leads me here
https://www.pinterest.com/deep0911/transformers/
>>
File: Rescuebots_hightide_megabot.jpg (73 KB, 700x545) Image search: [Google]
Rescuebots_hightide_megabot.jpg
73 KB, 700x545
>>80921468
Any of the Rescue Bots' 'bots making it in IDW?
We already got guys from BW up to Prime in.
>>
>>80921879
>>80921904
>>80922108

Got these too.
>>
>>80922274
>>
>>80922282
>>
>>80922291
>>
>>80922299
>>
File: 1448171617025.png (238 KB, 355x293) Image search: [Google]
1448171617025.png
238 KB, 355x293
>>80922282
>thunder-thighs Drift turns into Ammy
>>
>>80922309
Says Inferno, but his head says Cybertron Ransack.
>>
>>80922309
>>80922417

all i see is Elephant Ransack.
>>
>>80923246
>tfw no Crumplezone mouse mode
Woulda been pottery.
>>
>>80920222
>The new toyline is basically just G1 toys with better articulation.
I wished Hasbro would do something like Universe or Thrilling 30 again, revisiting nonG1 series just so IDW can get more excuses to include more nonG1 characters.
>>
>>80923694

I wish we could go back to T30 stuff too because that was the time when the franchise actually felt like it was going forward in a meaningful way.

Before Dark Cybertron shit the bed I was excited. We were getting G1 figured updated to a mixed aesthetic of IDW and earth-modes or just full on IDW modes, non-G1 bots that were getting put into IDW thus making for a bigger overall universe where you never knew what character will show up, and since they were doing spotlights it would allow the main series to go on uninterrupted.

But then DC happened and fucked up IDW stories. Then CW happened and further fucked up the stories. Now Titan Returns is happening and it will again fuck up everything even more.

While on the toy side the franchise has devolved from "updates of old character using modern designs and engineering" to "MAKE IT GEEWUUN WE NEED MOOOOAOR GEEEEWUUUNNNN" because the cry babies kept throwing shitfits over IDW raping transformers.

At least during the Unicron trilogy we knew the franchise was shit and it will continue to be shit forever, but here we were shown a better tomorrow and it got shot and it's corpse aped in front of our eyes by the combined forces of movies and geewunn.
>>
>>80915372
"Amongst the storytimers, there can be no room for the shitposters." - Grimlock
>>
>>80924071
Should've stuck with Minicon/Arms Micron stuff and explore from that, those were fun as fuck.
I really wish Titans Return won't muddle up the series again like CW did, but Nightbeat's "head" line last issue seems like a precaution.
>>
>>80924385

TR includes too many of MTMTE character for it to not be included in it. Plus Roberts is said to be writing for it too. Plus we know that after the season finale we'll changing the status uo of MTMTE.

So yeah we don't know shit abou TR but we know that it's going to be a big ass event across all three titles.
>>
>>80925642
Are you sure? It wasn't very long ago Barber said they wouldn't be doing anymore big crossovers again for a long time.
>>
>>80925642

All I know is that Brainstorm will meet Windblade and they fight Sentinel Prime.
>>
>>80925812

I highly doubt that.

Titan Returns is only Part 2 in the Prime Wars Trilogy.
>>
File: image.png (613 KB, 1066x601) Image search: [Google]
image.png
613 KB, 1066x601
>i-it's not like i'm grateful or anything, s-stupid
He'll be like this for the rest of the show, won't he? And he's suppposed to be the leader.
Otherwise, it's pretty fun so far.
But I wonder, will there some kind of antagonistic force later?
>>
File: IMAG5065.jpg (313 KB, 1086x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMAG5065.jpg
313 KB, 1086x1920
>>
>>80927482
What kind of monster would do that?

I smell Unicron.
>>
>>80927482
what
>>
>>80927482
>it's out
So was it really bad?
D-did I miss a shitstorm on /tfg/?
>>
File: galvatron smug.png (210 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
galvatron smug.png
210 KB, 500x372
>>80927482
>>80927534

one with good taste,
>>
>>80927661

Someone storytimed it. It was bad. Really bad. And not in a "so bad it's goodd" or "trying to be cheesy fun bad but it's actually good" way.
>>
File: 1458141626409.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1458141626409.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>80927482
>>80927785
>skip out on junkions
>no wheelie
>hot rod did everything wrong so let's shit on him everyone
>MEGASCREAM
>also hot rod died and the matrix is totally bunked
I understand now
>>
>>80920342
>>80920285
>>80920341
>>80920354
>>80920409
>>80920402
>Transformers drama
Damn, this sounds interesting AND juicy. Is there anywhere centrally to read up on it?
>>
>>80921786
>>80921879

Judging by the layout and designs style, I'd say go look up Gundam Beast. Was a series of Pixiv artist made books of Gundams that turned into robot animals that eventually branched out into Zoids and other stuff. I'd try to find the lead artist's pixiv but he hasn't posted a damn thing in ages.
>>
>>80927482
>>80927661
>>80927998
it belongs into the corner of shame with Kissplayers, Dark Cybertron and that writer whose name I forgot but who really hated living robots and who we're all glad is gone
>>
>>80927998

I wish the art was like that for the main TF books though. I think it looks good, since everyone looks like they're supposed to, rather than Hot Rod currently looking like >>80920285
something out of a new mecha anime.
>>
File: 1398221508283.png (170 KB, 697x157) Image search: [Google]
1398221508283.png
170 KB, 697x157
>>80928996
I respect your opinion but that art looks so ugly to me.
>>
>>80928204

There's no drama, just a retarded business decision that failed. The only person that made anything loud out of it was Rik Alvarez, the same babyman who whines on facebook that cartoons don't do g1 references he wanted them to do.
>>
>>80929145
>guidi only draws once in a blue moon
>most of idw terrible issues were drawn by him
it's just ain't fair, i'm tellin' ya
>>
File: 1400101361192.png (545 KB, 565x892) Image search: [Google]
1400101361192.png
545 KB, 565x892
>>80929365
Why must you remind me of this pain.
>>
>>80929145

I really liked whoever did the All Hail Megatron art, that guy was good.

Whoever did the art where the faces looked like the Baymovie faces looked fucking terrible though.
>>
>>80929651
I think Guido did AHM, the other you're talking about was Don Figureoa. He used to be good, then he changed his style for whatever reason.
>>
>>80929651
>I really liked whoever did the All Hail Megatron art, that guy was good.
Guido Guidi. His own style is good, but he's also versatile which is really nice.

>Whoever did the art where the faces looked like the Baymovie faces looked fucking terrible though.
Don Figueroa, which is a shame since I liked his older beefy-but-transfomable style.
>>
>>80929804

Yeah, that Don guy I guess, his art looked decent until you got to the faces. Holy shit, it was all sameface, Bayface, and unsettling as fuck the whole time.
>>
File: xurx.jpg (113 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
xurx.jpg
113 KB, 500x679
>>80929145
>>80929651
I bought and got into TF because I really liked the art of AHM
like, I didn't even really care about the story
>to be fair, I can barely remember it
but I liked what they did to TC
shame nobody ever acknowledged Starscream and co calling each other brothers
>>
File: demlips.jpg (103 KB, 507x573) Image search: [Google]
demlips.jpg
103 KB, 507x573
>>80929791
>Guido

The master of sexy lips. I wish he came back.

>shame nobody ever acknowledged Starscream and co calling each other brothers

Still waiting for a one shot Origins of Starscream explaining why they look the same.
>>
>>80927661
Obviously the comic has become a combiner now.
>>
File: Ultra Embarrassed.jpg (40 KB, 261x228) Image search: [Google]
Ultra Embarrassed.jpg
40 KB, 261x228
>>80915428
Requesting Target: 2006
I managed to pickup issues 1, 2, 3, 5 for $8
But then someone else had issues 1-4 as a set for $12
Here I remain, issue4less
>>
>>80929834

Is there a matching Soundwave version of this?
>>
File: 1351376668970.jpg (56 KB, 983x577) Image search: [Google]
1351376668970.jpg
56 KB, 983x577
>>80915675
>>80915748

What's the h8 against prime?
>>
>>80934283
I blame Unicron
>>
File: drift getting stoned.jpg (59 KB, 813x726) Image search: [Google]
drift getting stoned.jpg
59 KB, 813x726
I'm fine with the plot in RID.

It's just that the autobots are such fucking retards, pretty much the whole team is a jobber.
Most of the time they seem to have the motor skill and reaction time of a child.
On top of that, optimus is damsel in distress tier now, it pains me to see him.

I do however like the implementation again of all these different minicons.
>>
File: 1351374403143.png (696 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1351374403143.png
696 KB, 1280x720
>>80934384

For season 1 i was fine with it.

But the movie sucked shit.
>>
>>80934578
It's Con of the week stuff, so they largely far outnumber the Cons requiring stuff like Windblade's instinct is to defeat a giant gopher, she's actually defeated, and then when she falls she fails to show any instinct to actually utilize her flight mode. Being a VTOL that vertical lift would have been really handy.

So yeah most of the time Team Bee is getting in their own ways and making problems worse for themselves.

>>80934283
Largely underutilized potential and later having to scale back their own production due to costs. Some people really hated the design aesthetic, but I'd hazard they are a vocal minority given the aethestetic is actually spreading in use (increasing the amount of bitching every time it shows up).

I think largely TFP missed a lot of opportunities, things it was building up which later had to be discarded. They did what they could with the budget they had. If they had the budget and design of RID now, they could surely have done more with the series. Still the production values was one reason people liked it.
>>
>>80934954

A VTOL would never be able to get out of a water current safely dude. That's not how that stuff works. At best she'd lift herself up a little before the sheer force made her flip upside down or sideways and end up with even more problem, not to mention as soon as she slipped she scored a hit on her wing.

She was in the middle of a current, not a quicksand pit. The danger comes from the strong one-directional trashing forces not "oops i fell in it".
>>
>>80934578
Wait, I thought Optimus was dead in RID?
>>
>>80935438
He meant transforming the moment she was aware she was falling, anon. Also they're not true versions of the vehicle modes they take, they're still alien. Hence Starscream can fly around in fucking space with no problem.
>>
>>80934283

Not everybody is impressed by pretty animation, so the awful writing is impossible to ignore for some.

I liked it because I am a graphics whore and it had some beautiful action, but I have to admit it was completely turd-tastic in everything else, even the orchestral music got old since they'd reuse the same ditty over and over and over.
>>
>>80935438
You're forgetting that an earlier episode shows they sink in water. Even if there was a current she'd just be dragged a bit on the bottom. Only a few episodes earlier they had to WALK to get out of water, this episode they conveniently forget that.

>>80935449
Primes never die, they merely transform.
>>
>>80935500

As soon as she fell she got hit by the rock and then into the current, there was no time for proper reaction. At best she had time to transform and even then she would still be unable to get old of the water like that.

And "true version of vehicle modes" has absolutely nothing to do with physics. At all. If a current is strong enough to drag her weight like it did it's strong enough to flip her if she tried to get out by thrust.

>>80935572

Wrong. A current's strenght is constant at the surface and within. She would be dragged even if she had reached the bottom, if not worse since the rocks are usually there and she'd get dragged AND pummeled.
>>
>>80935438
So why can't she just use her fans to push the water away and walk to the short?
>>
>>80935659
>Wrong
Wronger. Surface drag on the bottom. Rocks would actually be her friend since she's not organic and anything solid she bumps up against will help her brace herself. She isn't some squishy human who will be battered, bruised, and bones smashed by debris.
>>
>>80935659
I don't think you quite know physics, anon. Current has nothing to do with buoyancy. Salt water versus fresh water does, but we saw them sink in the ocean and salt water actually helps things FLOAT. This is why when an oceanic ship hits a freshwater pocket it sinks like a stone.
>>
>Transformers
>Physics
Lmao
>>
>>80935978
Might as well left it at cartoons period.
>>
>>80935677

Her fans couldn't hold an avalanche straight down when she had footing and grounding, there is absolutely no physical way she could do that while in the middle of a current of that mass.The water doesn't go "oh im sorry for dragging you let me stop all of the momentum of my entire flow just because you're spinning your fans", which is not to mention that she has no footing underwater, it would just make her spin in place.

If there is anything to complain it's the fact that a chipmunk of all things scared her, but the rescue was pretty spot on, there was no way to do it herself.

>>80935846

Uh, no. I guarantee you that a current strong enough to drag something with the mess of a fighter jet would do a fucking NUMBER on her if she had hit any rocks. Not to mention the simple directional force which would make her flop around even harder AND make it impossible for the others to rescue her until she finally hit calmer waters.

>>80935924

This has nothing to do with buyonacy, it has everything to do with mass and directional forces. Even something that sunk would get dragged with the entire force of the water.
>>
>>80920257
I'm new to TF... what's this "Aligned universe"?
>>
>>80936026
The point is obviously that they weren't dealing with water that had the strength to move a fighter jet (again you are hilariously forgetting that they are ALIEN, just because she takes the shape of a jet doesn't mean she acquires it's mass - at all - or comparable engine thrust, because she's a piece of alien fictional technology). They were ignoring weight in this entire scene for story purposes.

Or, if this hasn't, heh, sunk in yet see >>80935978
>>
>>80936033
An abortion of an idea to unify everything under a cinematic universe.
>>
>>80936033
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Aligned_continuity_family
>>
>>80936033
The Aligned Universe was an approach Hasbro made for having one unified "canon" universe for Transformers for the foreseeable future. It included the War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron games, the Prime and Rescue Bots cartoons, and some books or some shit. It fell apart almost immediately.
>>
>>80936082

I'm just saying if you want to nitpick the scene you need to do it properly and use the real conditions of that problem. "Oh they're not REAL jets", but her vtol engines are still vtol engines and one can still analyse what would happen to her if she tried to use them, and it would be absolutely useless, if not worse.

Also everybody else weighs roughly what they turn into, why would she be any different?

Even if we go by the logic of just the show itself there is still absolutely no way a vtol engine would get her out of that problem, sinking would just fuck her up more because if she was being dragged at that speed and hitting that rock on her way down was enough to give her a nasty limp you can bet your ass had she sunk she would end up even more damaged when dragged across the rocky formations.

She sinking or not sinking, there was just no way for her there other than being pulled out by the others.
>>
>>80936033
>>80936119

It fell apart because everyone did everything they could to ignore it. It was a good idea, but Hasbro couldn't exert enough control over it to keep it on track.

I'd like to see them try again, except with people who would listen this time.
>>
>>80936033

Hasbro was retarded enough to believe that Paramount movie staff people would reboot their movie universe to do movies of a bible they made.

Hasbro was retarded enough to think the comic book people would reboot all their work just for a new continuity that was mostly the same shit as their own anyway.

Hasbro was retarded enough to think a cartoon for children needed to be bogged down by bad lore that most kids would never care about.

Thankfully everybody with a brain neglected it and it rightfully died.
>>
>>80936377
I'd like it too.
>>
>>80936090
>>80936113
>>80936119
>>80936433
thanks

Lasting effect of such event, if any?
>>
>>80936361
Anon, you just don't want to admit you were wrong. We get it, but carrying on like this isn't helping you.

The original post that kicked this off was >>80934954 talking about her failure to display an instinct to turn into flight mode. You claim she hit a rock, which she did, however her first notion of failing was before the rock. That was the moment she screamed as the cliff gave way beneath her Transformations are as near instantaneous as they don't really matter most of the time unless the show is doing a prolonged transformation sequence with dramatic music.

She didn't transform because the plot didn't want her to. She didn't sink so they could make a river rescue scene. That's all.

>Also everybody else weighs roughly what they turn into, why would she be any different?

Oh for fucks sake, you don't know WHAT they weight compared to normal vehicles. They've never stated that anywhere. Now you're just blatantly making shit up for your argument, an argument that nobody really cares about.

You're a fucking anon on an anonymous message board. Whether you're right or wrong doesn't matter, nobody knows who you are! Trying to prove it is a waste of time and dragging it out just to vainly prove you are "correct" is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>80936567
Parts of Aligned are creeping into other material, including IDW and, supposedly, the movies. FWIW.
>>
I don't really care that she fell into the river but she totally acted like a retard the entire episode.
>>
>Send a holy avenger for your will
>It is just Windblade
Primus is a fool.
>>
>>80936618
She was really concerned for the teams Big Daddy. Worry makes you act irrationally.

Also that gopher was one mean motherfucker. Did you notice it making rude hand gestures at her? Fuzzy bastard wanted her dead.
>>
>>80936569

She's a living being, she got distracted by the floor giving under her and fell, it happens. I mean she's not even a natural flyer she got those upgrades given to her by Primus but before that she had no wings and she's only been on Earth for like a month according to her.

I'm simply upset by all the misguided nitpicking tfg does all the time about everything, comics, cartoons, they all complain without knowledge of reality or ignoring the fact sentient beings can get caught off-guard or talking about physics they don't understand.

It's not a plot hole. She could not have flew out of the river, that's a fact.
>>
>>80936618

But she was right though, Optimus is weak right now. Those minicons had him pinned and they're fucking minicons.

Would you let a limping religious figure get in harm's way just because he keeps insisting his limping is nothing?
>>
>>80936920
Obviously the correct solution is to become armor for Optimus Prime God Wind Mode.
>>
>>80936716

Why was she worried though? He proved in the first episode of the season he can still get in action fine, in fact she got mad at Sideswipe for doubting him.
>>
>>80937042

That was before she saw Optimus was so slow and fat they had to spend 10 fucking minutes helping him not fall down a mountain tho. She has all the reason to believe he's physically fragile after that. Plus the episode literally starts with him admitting to her he's not feeling well on this longer mission.
>>
>>80937042
He was showing severe signs of weakening. As he said they've been traveling over a long distance (when we last saw them they were in the arctic, after all) and he even said it's been rough on him.

Turns out later on he was faking how badly he was weakened on purpose but couldn't tell her or anyone else about his plan.
>>
>>80936884
>misguided nitpicking tfg
You're making a huge scene while nitpicking about nitpicking. Doubling down on the nitpicking isn't likely to make things better, you've just compounded the very activity you claim to be against.
>>
I just thought the moral of the episode was bizarre personally. Windblade learned that it's wrong to worry about people or else you might get killed by a vampire robot? What was the lesson there?
>>
>>80937210
Don't harm yourself and others with irrationality.
>>
>>80937210
Windblade learned about not worrying so much about others you end up hurting yourself instead. Plus she wasn't just trying to help him but actively knocking him down and using her turbines to shove him back from a fight where he could have helped her.

However Optimus softened the lesson by pointing out that there are worse reasons to fuck up than just wanting to protect someone you care about.
>>
>>80937429
>>80937288

I see. I thought it was meant to be something about gratitude or something since the 'Cons kept arguing and treating each other like shit.
>>
>>80937210

Does there have to be a lesson?
>>
>>80937541

Well yes. If there's no lesson or character realization it's just 22 minutes of action and one-liners. There has to be an emotional point to it.
>>
>>80937541
There usually is and there seemed to be in this episode, hence why Windblade and Optimus were talking how they were at the end.

If you want, the aesop can be "death is preferable to listening to Sideswipe talking"
>>
>>80937762

I find it funny that he keeps talking about Strongarm and Strongarm keeps talking about him as soon as they're separated.
>>
>>80937210
So Windblade was written like an airhead? Dubiously ironic.
>>
>>80937943
I can't wait until Grimlock wakes up one day and discovers Strongarm has painted him in Sideswipe's colors.
>>
>>80936567
Basically, here's how Aligned went down.

>Revenge of the Fallen comes out, makes like a jillion dollars, toys sell like gangbusters
>Hasbro gets an idea
>Use the success of the films to ratchet up success in every media
>Build a Transformers empire that all takes place in a single universe
>Then expand it to their other properties, like GI Joe
>Couple of higher-ups write a big book about this new universe and all the major details of it
>In the buildup to Dark of the Moon, does their best to blitz every single media with their new Aligned continuity - a big video game, a big TV series, a big movie, big comics, and big books
>IDW tells them they're too unstable to try a reboot of their line
>The War for Cybertron game comes out, and is a success, but everyone on the planet thinks it's just a G1 reboot because it basically is - it sorta fits the lore but other than that it's basically War Within with a Dark Energon plot tossed in
>The novelization for WFC tries to include more of the lore, but is kinda crap and outright contradicts the game on a lot of fronts
>Prime's creators largely ignore both WFC and the Aligned lore and do their own thing
>Prime is a critical success but it's on a network that a lot of people don't have and it's very expensive to make
>Meanwhile Rescue Bots somehow gets dragged into this, entirely inexplicably, despite not fitting with anything
>DOTM makes a fair wad of cash but doesn't achieve anywhere near the same impact of its predecessor
>Prime fails to make the desired splash, has a somewhat troubled development, concludes after three seasons due to a mix of running out of ideas and budgets being stretched to max
>The creative team for the third season outright ignores the Aligned stuff and does their own crazy thing about space dragons
>The Aligned novels, the ones that fit closest to the original lore, are mediocre at best
>The Covenant of Primus turns out to be total nonsense
cont'd
>>
>>80929834

Costa did one good thing with his shitshow of a series: Thundercracker, that's it. He took the betrayal from AHM and made it stick.

But Barber's take that has him being terrible at writing is also fantastic.
>>
>>80938091
The a-head word is a misogynistic slur, please stop using it.
>>
>>80938336
>Fall of Cybertron is still basically a G1 game with a few obligatory Aligned references
>High Moon gets gutted by Activision
>At this point the only still-moving Aligned thing is Rescue Bots
>The fandom of Aligned is completely fractured between about four different bases that have nothing in common with each other
>The common perception is that stories are succeeding in spite of the Aligned continuity and not because of it
>Any hopes of a widespread unified Hasbroverse are deader than Cliffjumper
>Hasbro realizes that the only thing that's having any kind of success right now is the G1 comics
>Doubles down hard on the G1 stuff, puts up Robots in Disguise more or less so they can say they have a show on
>>
>>80938387
I'd say Costa's run was kinda odd. There were parts when it kinda seemed like he knew what he was doing. It seemed like every time he was forced to just write a Transformers character, he did an okay job at it (see: the Ironhide miniseries, Thundercracker's stuff), but whenever he tried to actually write a story or do anything aside from a Transformer character exploration, he shat the bed hard.
>>
>>80938561

G1 stuff seems to be their most consistent performer. So why not just make a G1-esque series using the foundation IDW has built with the comics and then base toys off that?
>>
>>80936569
Funny thing is I meant that post as a joke, which is why I played up the bit about the "giant gopher" kicking her aft.

>>80934578
>I do however like the implementation again of all these different minicons.

It's interesting how so far some of the bigger powers are showing up in the hands of Minocons. These guys were pretty fierce. Also the guys who helped BB take down Shakespearebot (more instrumental in his victory than outright overpowered themselves).

Seems closer to the original minicons as power boosters to bigger bots, but less combining with them for powers but touching on the original Ejectors. I suppose Rumble and Frenzy could also be said to be extremely powerful since they were little earthquake machines.

Anyway yeah I'm liking the minicons so far. I just wish they were better integrated into their partner's bodies.
>>
>>80938802
IDW does a lot of stuff that wouldn't pass the "suitable for children" filter though.
>>
>>80938802
Because then it would get flack for not having the same feeling.
>>
>>80938802
The reason G1 is a consistent performer is because of manchildren like us. Kids don't know what the fuck a Quintesson is, and they're not going to read comics featuring horrible dismemberment or watch cartoons older than their parents to find out.
>>
>>80938941

Set it at a JLU/Batman level of tone and violence. Can't really complain about that.
>>
>>80938941
>>80938980

They pack those comics in with the toys though.

Shit a few of them has stuff like a dudes neck being snapped and a lot of fairly brutal robot deaths.
>>
>>80920745

what's wrong with the allspark
>>
>>80939028
American standards are weird, probably more concerned about faggotry than people getting bisected.
>>
>>80939028
Generations is already being sold mostly to collectors, with kids being more of an afterthought.
>>
>>80922245
Heatwave was briefly in the Angry Birds crossover.
>>
>>80938894

The minicons we've seen so far don't boost the power of big bots, but Hasbro said there's minicons who turn into armor and weapons showing up soon, so maybe those will be like the Armada-power boosting ones?
>>
>>80939670
They don't boost the power directly, but they add to the overall combat effectiveness. Usually. The guy in this episode was just super lazy and wanted everyone else to do the work for them.

Funny thing is if they just stopped being Decepticons they'd likely get all the energon they want helping the Autobots. They didn't seem overly evil, or even destructive like the previous episode's pair. They seemed to just want to survive.

I wonder what they're going to do with these guys. They don't have stasis cells to imprison them and the Bridge is still fucked up, right?
>>
>>80939932

It is, but Windblade said she still has some cachets from when she was working alone lying around, that is where they stored Polar Claw.

I'm assuming fixing the ground bridge is what Ratchet will be doing when he shows up, since that's the more logical contribution the character can give.
>>
File: teninches.png (81 KB, 231x277) Image search: [Google]
teninches.png
81 KB, 231x277
>>80917047
> Watching the cartoons
>>
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe is the only real united Hasbroverse.
>>
>>80940292
I'm surprised they are surprised by the number of non-Alchemor criminals showing up given most of the Autobots and even some Cons were visiting from offworld. Earth is ratcheting up, wait, no pun intended, cybertronian activity. Then there was the whole Spark crisis at the end of season 1. Stuff like that surely acts as a beacon.

Actually now that I think about it there is still the mystery of why Windblade's records showed Polar Claw was an Alchemor prisoner but their own records didn't.
>>
>>80940476

Not only that, but that ther warship Steeljaw found seems to be crashed near crown city too.

There's something fishy going on. I'm starting to wonder if Megatronus wasn't lying to Steeljaw when he said he was the one that crashed the Alchemore instead of just taking advantage of the moment.
>>
>>80940696
Makes sense. Prison break. They were looking for every good decepticon to join their army. Maybe both ships shot each other down?

So why didn't Scorponok's ship show up in season 1? Laying low. They're obviously recruiting and based on the minerals they were having acquired they're trying to repair their ships rather than bust up some Autobots.
>>
File: 123507867957.png (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
123507867957.png
81 KB, 600x600
>>80940420
>>
>>80940467
Didn't even survive for a year before being cancelled and was constantly delayed LMAO
>>
File: Decepticons in the hood.jpg (79 KB, 540x410) Image search: [Google]
Decepticons in the hood.jpg
79 KB, 540x410
How do you think parents handle explaining Decepticons to their children?
>>
>>80941192
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>80941192
In-universe? Seems straight forward in real life, they're just de facto bad guys. No easier story dynamic.
>>
>>80941192
How do Americans explain black people to their children?
>>
>>80941447
No. They just let children figure that on their own that some people look different then their own family.
>>
File: Sassy Space Mafia Boss.png (742 KB, 1024x978) Image search: [Google]
Sassy Space Mafia Boss.png
742 KB, 1024x978
RIP
>>
>>80941568
It's better to explain the differences between groups of humans, especially those who are traditionally targeted by the mob, because if you don't set the record straight for your kid odds are someone else will fill that void with garbage.

That's precisely why Cybertron keeps going to shit. Not so much the kids but not able to let go of the past or teach themselves anything better. Optimus' line about freedom is the right of all sentient beings is great, sounds good in speeches, but you have to begin an aggressive campaign for education otherwise people will just keep repeating the age old drek and the old rivalries and factions will never end. In IDW it's worse because now they're spreading it to previously unaffected colonies (not that the colonies haven't had their own issues).

Take Soundwave for instance. As good as he's trying to be, following the original spirit of the Decepticon cause, and even being cool with Autobots joining... but he won't have anything to do with a Prime. Doesn't help that Optimus hasn't been like any of the Primes of old who fucked Cybertron up (although that speech at the end of issue 50 is presented as not helping). Of course Soundwave refuses to have anything to do with Cyberton either and there is no Prime in control. Starscream isn't seen as much better, obviously.

It'll be interesting to see how Optimus' powwow goes between the various parties, or even if they'll agree to talk at all. I'm guessing since this is IDW it won't end well. At some point there will be violence and everyone will blame everyone else.
>>
Transformers don't need a king with divinely invested authority.
>>
>>80944040
Their god literally lives in the center of their planet. They can't even have sex, dammit, they have to wait for their god to jizz new life onto the surface like it's the fourth of july.

Imagine living millions of years without sex. Now you know why they substitute with war.
>>
>>80944721
Is it really a replacement if they were never designed to have sex in the first place and were not aware of it until encountering alien lifeforms that have it?
>>
>>80944721
For all the time travel, teleportation, FTL travel shit they can do. They still can't figure out how to make robot jizz.
>>
>>80944721
Vector Sigma is not God.
>>
>>80942771
Damn, these comics seem actually good
>>
>>80945826
Shut up, Primacron.
>>
>>80945579
Obviously. Why do you think Primus made fembots and manbots? He kept cranking them both out hoping they'd figure it out and of course they never fricking do.

Roiling around in the pulsating energy mass that is the core of their planet is the biggest set of blue balls in the fucking multiverse.
>>
>>80945976
At least Tarantulas seems to have figured out how to make babies
>>
Why hasn't IDW Tarantulas made any spiderfriends, he was pretty obsessed with that in the cartoon.
>>
>>80946192
He only recently became Tarantulas? after he came to earth, which sounded very recent.
>>
>>80946280
But didn't he become a spider so he could fuck spiders?
>>
>>80946325
You're thinking of why Bruce became Batman.

Bats, spiders, cats; he don't discriminate
>>
>>80946325
I thought he liked fucking cop cars.
>>
File: 1.png (735 KB, 1252x516) Image search: [Google]
1.png
735 KB, 1252x516
Detective Noire Thundercracker miniseries when?
>>
>>80946603
I would throw money at that.
>>
>>80936611
Honestly, I thought the Thirteen shit began with ROTF.
But the whole knights stuff in AOE was taken from IDW, wasn't it?
>>
>>80949177
The Dynasty of Primes in ROTF was like seven dudes tops.

The Thirteen is older, but still relatively recent in Transformers long running history as a franchise

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thirteen
>>
>>80946192
Blackarachnia already exists on a planet of furries, for what that is worth.
>>
>>80949405
I'm not reading Till All Are One unless it brings Tarantulas to that planet.
>>
>>80949481
He will die at the end of Sins of the Wreckers.
>>
>>80949481
That's if Roche doesn't kill him first. Being Prowl's disposed ex is a pretty lousy position.
>>
>>80949644
>>80949692
I hope that Nick's "family emergency" has taught him what happens when he displeases his fans.
>>
In IDW, no faggot goes unpunished.
>>
>>80915372

Damn. Never seen Bubblebee look badass before.
>>
File: thick.jpg (59 KB, 320x619) Image search: [Google]
thick.jpg
59 KB, 320x619
>optimus
>carries a big sword all the time
>finally gets to use it again in combat
>transforms it into a tiny mace instead
>>
>>80937042
>>80937091

I have a feeling if Optimus does get injured for reals, that will bite him in the ass.
>>
File: sharkticon bait.jpg (64 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
sharkticon bait.jpg
64 KB, 625x626
>>80950638
>>
>>80942627

he's not dead mate,
>>
File: 1456735271554.jpg (161 KB, 1024x1704) Image search: [Google]
1456735271554.jpg
161 KB, 1024x1704
>>80945828
The cartoons are absolute drek compared to the comics.
>>
>>80938802

I keep wondering that.
>>
>>80952139
Ook.
>>
>>80949481
>>80949692
>>80950409

Most likely he'll die.
>>
>>80939220

literally tumblr.
>>
>>80950782
she is the only reason i half want to watch this show, i hope she gets the same treatment as lockdown and shows up other places.
>>
File: strongarm human.jpg (186 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
strongarm human.jpg
186 KB, 960x1280
>>80953633

I have a feeling she'll end up in other continuities.
>>
>>80953633

She won't. She's bland as hell, even the tumblrinas that wanted to like her can't.
>>
>>80950782

They want to arrest Decepticons, not kill them. He had no reason to go stabby stabby on Razorpaw who is such a chump he only attacks injured bots.
>>
File: fulcrum hahahah.jpg (28 KB, 250x410) Image search: [Google]
fulcrum hahahah.jpg
28 KB, 250x410
>>80938208

I hope it happens.
>>
>>80929399
>>
>>80940292

The sooner he returns the better.
>>
>>80956495

RID writers can't even do their own characters properly you think they won't fuck Ratchet up?
>>
>>80957323

considering how he was one of Prime's better character, I think they have a solid grasp of the character.
>>
>>80957569

They really don't, the only writer from Prime in the show is Mairghead Scott and she's not only pretty weak, she already said her two S2 episodes are Suspended and Bumblebee's Night off

Ratchet will be as bad as everybody else in the show
>>
>>80957641

Oh crap.

she wrote Suspended.....ehhhhhhh.

Bumblebee's Day Off's premise at least seems fun though based on the description.
>>
>>80927998

anybody could have written this better.

Mairghead Scott, Flint Dille hell even fucking Shane McCarthy.
>>
>>80952152

I mean, shit, you'd figure it'd be a money maker right? Plus kids usually like what their parents do, and if it looked reasonably like what daddy has on his shelves that Jr. isn't allowed to touch because it's a $200 collectable...

Plus it would encourage the older generation to watch the stuff with their kids for the nostalgia factor, right?
>>
File: TFA Rust Dust.jpg (33 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
TFA Rust Dust.jpg
33 KB, 450x450
Boobs Are People Too.
>>
>>80953054
Wasted perfectly good robot design.
>>
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe is "the central hub that all universes originate from like spokes in the cosmic wheel", suck it down tfwiki nerds.
>>
>>80962615
is that the current run which was made on crack and some other drugs?
>>
>>80962742
Yes. Not to be confused with G.I. Joe and the Transformers, Transformers/G.I. Joe, G.I. Joe vs. the Transformers, or G.I. Joe/Transformers.
>>
>>80962615
And no other universes existed until Perceptor fucked up with the briefcase.

Every universe is the starting point of the multiverse. They're all the causes of each other.

>>80962742
Yup. Also wrapping up soon.
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.