[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know how it feels to be judged just because of how you look?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
8 KB, 480x360
You know how it feels to be judged just because of how you look?
>>
Yes
I'm white
>>
Cyborg is very underrated in Teen Titans and should've been utilized more.
>>
>>80914588
Yes, but it's my fault for being fat.
>>
>>80914588
This is actually a really good moment because the way he hesitates you know he was gonna say "Cause i'm black" but knew she wouldn't understand so he went to the second most obvious thing
>>
>be black
>today, I saw a lot of racist stuff in particular
>that feel when people hate you and you literally dindu nuffin
Ya'll don't think it be like it is, but it do
>>
>>80914654
Ever since the PPG reboot, post quality here has dropped massively.
>>
>>80914654
Truth
>>
>>80915280
My fellow black anon

People are assholes, no mater what color race or creed, accept it.
>>
>>80914588
No, why, does anyone hate blue robots?

Haha, lets hit those showers.
>>
File: fuckthisgayearthyo.jpg (47 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisgayearthyo.jpg
47 KB, 1280x800
>>80915280
>>
I thought that scene was kinda weird. I mean, they used Cyborg because he was black, but didn't mention the black thing, so what was the point. If I was the one writing it, I'd have Cyborg mention "I know how it feels to be judged based on how I look" then Starfire asks "because you're half robot?" and Cyborg says "uh, sure..." so it's clear that Starfire doesn't get racism, and Cyborg doesn't want to mention it to her, but it's not like Cyborg hasn't experienced it either.

Just my opinion, it felt like a really forced scene.
>>
>>80915280
i got kicked out of 2 store the second time was not my falt
>>
>>80915526
Uh, you do know he looks fucking disgusting because he's got high-tech computer parts sticking out of his skin, right?
>>
>Be overweight kid, with noticeable scar on face
>Get picked on
>Learn to stick up for myself, make some friends along the way
>Grow up to be a very tall, rather intimidating bulky looking guy
>Really a goofball teddy bear, but new people are always cautious around me anyway
>See parents fighting all their kids battles these days
>Can't help but get pissed off at how much I want to pick on those kids just so they have a chance to learn how to stand up for themselves.
>Hate myself for feeling I need to do that.
People really do suck.
>>
>>80915900
I think he looks hype

The man never ha any clothes on anyway, so he must not mind that much
>>
File: bait.jpg (44 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
44 KB, 625x626
>>80915299
>>
>>80915249
>>80915526

I think white people have a very loaded reaction to this scene because they expect Cyborg's whole thing to be him being black despite the fact that he's more robot than negro at this point. I've seen this same reaction about this scene countless times ever since this premiered, back on toon Zone's forums.

Like if you saw Cyborg walking down the street everyone is going to notice the three quaters of black skin on his face before the fact that he's a robot, apparently.

You could basically do the scene with a Robocop type character and no one would bat an eye about the robot thing, but stick a robo-negro in it...
>>
>>80915526
Starfire is an alien, the idea that something like skin color would make a species that's literally the same fight each other is, well, alien to her, and it wouldn't change the overall message, either way.
>>
>>80914654
I'm with you right there mate.
>>
>>80916458

Yeah, Val-Yor was being a prick because of her species, not her skin colour.

She wouldn't understand why "I'm black" even mattered so he went with the more obvious option.

Honestly you'd probably notice the cyborg thing first anyway.
>>
>>80916458
Surely some scifi has had multiracial alien species
As if Earth is the only place in the galaxy that had all its advanced life developing to the same tune
>>
>>80914654

Truth in 2016.
>>
>>80915526
He wasn't mostly robot until recently. He could be talking about his life before he was 90% blue circuits, when he was black teen on a high school football team.
>>
>>80916624
>Surely some scifi has had multiracial alien species
Those are few and far between. Most writers are just too damn lazy to come up with different ethnicities for their aliens. Which is gross because it not only makes sense, it's actually really easy to do. Not /co/, but Spyro the Dragon had different breeds of dragon for fucks sake.
>>
>>80916624

Wait, wait, wait. Wasn't Blackfire pale as shit? And every other Tamaranian was orange?

What was with that? Was that why she was such a bitch?
>>
>>80915526
Or you know, he's a fucking CYBORG which isn't exactly ordinary. Yeah Beast Boy and Raven don't look like regular humans , but Beast Boy was raised by superheroes and Raven was implied to have been raised in a weird mystical environment anyway. Not to mention they don't look like a patchware of Alienware cases. I know the sow played vague and loose with comic backstory, but Cyborg being conflicted with his appearance and machine-based existence is a major part of his character, especially early on.
>>
>>80916624
>only place in the galaxy that DIDN'T have all of its advanced life developing to the same tune
Ah you all knew what I meant
>>
>>80916723
What do you think drew more attention, being a black guy in vaguely contemporary setting, or being an abomination of metal and flesh? Pretty sure a robot man turns more heads than a black man playing football.
>>
>>80916751
That's a comics thing, actually. See, from what I understand, most Tamaraneans cannot shoot energy bolts or eye beams. Apparently, the two princess were kidnapped or something and experimented on, giving them those powers, and making Blackfire look like she does.

But then. I read this somewhere ages ago, so I could be talking out of my ass.
>>
>>80915526
>>80916388
Why can't it be BOTH? Why can't a metaphor be a metaphor?
>>
>>80915299
Post quality negatively correlates with how many times SJW and tumblr is coined in a thread.

It was never a new thing my friend.
Also that post can be taken in good humor or taken seriously; I like to give Anons the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>80916388
>back on toon Zone's forums.
What was your handle?
>>
>>80916905
Because honestly? I don't like reducing Cyborg as just being The Black Guy on the team. It shouldn't have to be a metaphor just because he's black. It makes him a loaded character and forces everything about his cyborgness to have a metaphorical or subtextual angle.

Basically if Cyborg had a patch of white skin no one would bat an eye over his robotness being what made him "different", but he's black so of course it has to be a metaphor and they couldn't say what they REALLY meant.
>>
>>80916624
>Surely some scifi has had multiracial alien species
>As if Earth is the only place in the galaxy that had all its advanced life developing to the same tune
Even in Marvel you have the blue and pink Kree.
>>
>>80916624
IIRC the Kree in Marvel come in pink and blue versions.
>>
>>80917048
>I don't like reducing Cyborg as just being The Black Guy on the team.
Good news then, he's usually reduced to the angst-ridden sadsack of the team.
>I'm half machine! People look at me funny! I'm a semi-respected hero and I have tons of good friends.... But I'm half robot! A BLOO HOO HOO!
>>
>>80915462
hey anon are you pregnant?
>>
>>80917116

>But I'm half robot! A BLOO HOO HOO

That is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read.

There's no way he's only half robot.
>>
File: internet fights.gif (3 MB, 666x369) Image search: [Google]
internet fights.gif
3 MB, 666x369
>>80916965
>>80914654
>>80915526
>>80916388
>>80916746
>>80916845

You know what is annoying?

The neo-right internet boy movement and the leg bearded left uggo fem SJW movement are both so extreme and pervasive that invoking the slightest deconstruction based discussion summons their legions to perform a type of ritual battle ceremony that ends in a battlefield painted red with triggering and fedora tipping. One cannot discuss anything anymore without causing the angelss and demons to crawl out of their respective shitholes to shitpost at everyone inbetween their dumb fucking little crossfire.

Constructive conversation is literally stifled because we are essentially stuck on a street between two rival asshole factions. We're in the middle of the most pedantic, self righteous, and insignificant gang war known to man. The loser here: civility, information dissemination, and innovative creativity born from the sharing of ideas.

It's so fucking annoying. We can't even have a goddamn discussion about how Cyborg destroyed that Jinx pussy in the zone flash, I mean goddam that shit was rough.

Everyone, go hit those showers.
>>
>>80917388
I'll never forget booyah, anon.
>>
>>80917388
Anon for President 2016
>>
>>80917388
it was a good ass flash though
>>
>>80917388
>>you will never sprout additional penises to hold down a cute quasi goth girl and destroy her pussy before performing a standing 69 and firehosing all over her face
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 340x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 340x388
>>80917388
>>
File: internet fights.png (42 KB, 1315x386) Image search: [Google]
internet fights.png
42 KB, 1315x386
>>80917388
fucking this so much, everytime you talk about any comic and cartoon here, every fucking time, if one character is a woman or minority the whole threads gets derailed because fucking autists can't keep their hobbies and their political garbage opinions for themselves, at the end we just get the same fucking unrelated threads where people point fingers at each other blaming the opposition to be part of some extremist group while not adding anything useful since they are both incapable of facing the issue like mature adults, its less about finding the truth and more about getting your dick stroked

That flash is amazing, makes me wish there was a expanded version of the Starfire/Raven segment
>>
>>80917818
/co/ is fucking dead bro. like seriously this board is slow as fuck now. only threads that get replies here are the couple of threads about whatever superhero movie/show just came out and then they die after a week and you can't talk about it anymore. Then there's bait threads up the ass and Cartoon generals until they get banned.
>>
>tfw /co/ will never have threads like "let's hit those showers" again
>>
File: 1368087791986.jpg (81 KB, 640x523) Image search: [Google]
1368087791986.jpg
81 KB, 640x523
>>80917388
>>80917818
If you guys find it annnoying here, help us fix the basics.

It's like chicken pox. You coulda dealt with it earlier. And it would've been a pain in the ass, but nowhere near the calamity it is now.

Be vocal and public in opposition to shitty SJWs. Don't be the guy examining the M&Ms in this Bill Burr skit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_MUcYFL1_Y No. Fuck that. You brandish your goddamn chloroform rag, and TAKE THAT FOOL OUT.

Because the alternative is more of the same. Scientology 2 point fucking 0.
>>
File: 1454955525018.jpg (140 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
1454955525018.jpg
140 KB, 728x546
>>80917983
>Be vocal and public in opposition to shitty SJWs
That's exactly where the problem starts though, people are letting this SJW thing get in the way of their hobbies, they are living constantly in fear, if people are going to complain about shit like this whatever but don't let that get on the way of comics and cartoons, otherwise you will just fill the board with offtopic crap and attract /pol/ autists who think 4chan as a whole needs to "pick a side" on this retarded internet "war" like they did, the same breeding of retard who refuses to consider the fact that your hobbies and your political beliefs aren't always tied and regardless of you defending the far right or the far left you can still enjoy pretty much the same thing, anyone with a brain can tell /co/ isn't a good place to discuss those subjects anyway so i have no idea why someone would bother coming here for this, it seems people these days are more obsessed with industry drama than with their own hobbies
>>
>>80917983
We're dealing with two brands of deluded keyboard warriors here, the alt right and the sjw. Both have contributed to the half as long twice as shit path this site has decided to travel. We're done if we can't seriously talk about comics, joke about tropes, point out hilarious realizations, and discuss the respective industries without ideological arm chair violence breaking out. Words can kill...communities and forums of discussion, especially unproductive words that focus on targeting a moral opposition and pushing an agenda.

If you have a problem with minorities in media, get out.

If you have a problem with females being sexualized, get out.

If you have a problem with writers being white males, get out.

If you have a problem with a females having strong leads, get out.

If you have a problem with nationalism being explored in a positive light, get out.

Etc etc etc.

There are no sides to be taken. There is only discussion and fun to be had here. We come here because we share a hobbies and interests. We need to focus on what brings us together in reading, writing, and fapping and not what separates us based upon some poorly drawn ideological lines. This shit is getting out of hand and most people are tired of it.

By the way, this anon is so fucking right: >>80917264. Cyborg had to be like 3/5th's robot at least.
>>
File: 1457708288215.png (51 KB, 251x246) Image search: [Google]
1457708288215.png
51 KB, 251x246
>>80918178
>Cyborg had to be like 3/5th's robot at least.
>>
>>80918119
>people are letting this SJW thing get in the way of their hobbies

>letting

I don't understand what this graceful, noble word is doing in that sentence.

These hamplanets sat in our way. On all sides. We did not invite them. We did ignore their encroach however.

You're victim blaming sir. We didn't start the fire.
>>
>>80918240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g
>>
>>80916597

But her species are a bunch of world conquering warlords.

If anything. It's a goddamn surprise the other races of the galaxy haven't placed them in some sort of blockade
>>
>>80918240
When will morons understand that bitching about SJWs changes jack shit? You're not fighting them by spreading awareness, you're making them stronger, SJWs are like any other kind of attention whore, you don't fight them by giving them what they want, do you know why they became so much more vocal over the years? Because of all the shitstorms, all the shitposting that attracted more curious eyes and eventually more people into this retarded cult, this is a god damn comics and cartoons board, not a politics board, not some autistic platform for social movements, this isn't a good place to talk about this because you have very small chances of actually finding any educated opinion on the subject, and the moment this unrelated garbage gets in the way of actual discussion of the one thing that unites this community, our passions, our hobbies, you know something is wrong, if you want to "fight the powah" do this on /pol/, not everybody gives a fuck about fighting in this "war"
>>
>>80916388

you know the ROBOT thing pretty recent right?

He wasn't born part mecha
>>
>>80914588

Actually I do. I've been fired, set upon by hoodlums, harassed by police, denied public services and generally treated like a second class citizen.

I get around it. I know when the racist woman has her shift, I know what to say to make police look for another person to bother.

Fortunately most of my friends are white. Having a white friend around you is great, it's like having an invisible shield. People don't harass me when I'm with a White!Guy.

But, back to cartoons, I very rarely see Cyborg bothered because of his skin colour. it seems a bit silly really, to be bothered by pigment when he's half machine.
>>
>>80917388
CAN'T WAIT TO HIT THOSE SHOWERS
>>
>>80918455
>When will morons understand that bitching about SJWs changes jack shit?
They do the shit they do because they feel comfortable.

>You're not fighting them by spreading awareness, you're making them stronger,
Drivel.

> SJWs are like any other kind of attention whore, you don't fight them by giving them what they want,
Attention whores with a president of the free world parroting their talking points. It's too late to ignore them, stupid.

How blatant does it have to be?

Oh man I am not reading the rest of this post.
>>
>>80918455
the amount of assfluster in this post is astounding me
>>
>>80918594
>Attention whores with a president of the free world parroting their talking points
You can't be this fucking stupid, they aren't the source of the problem, they are part of it, stop taking the shitposting seriously and make actual research you god damn autist
>How blatant does it have to be?
>Oh man I am not reading the rest of this post.
Thanks for proving my point further, fuck this horseshoe thread
>>
>>80918658
I am acknowledging you responded to my post.

I have not read this post. It will go unread.
>>
>>80918594
Get the fuck out. You're part of the problem, too. It's not just that. You don't even realize what role you play in the shitpost war.
>>
>>80918679
>Get the fuck out.
I will do the exact opposite to spite you.

And really, how do you expect any different?
>>
>>80914654
Except white people get judged by other white people...

Black people and most other people of color don't even hate you, or think twice about being nice to you, it's just that you whites always avoid POC every chance that you get, giving us nothing to reciprocate. You literally project what you think non-whites believe about white people onto them, and you inadvertently treat them like trash without ever thinking about how your projections changed your views beforehand.

And it's annoying because I've never seen people other than whites do that, at least with other races it's actually because they're racists; you guys just project all the time and get exactly what you deserve.

And for that, you can blame yourself.
>>
File: 1453262669932[1].jpg (47 KB, 600x482) Image search: [Google]
1453262669932[1].jpg
47 KB, 600x482
>>80919009
>>
>>80918752
>how do you expect someone who is just as stupid and just as toxic as SJWs to act reasonably
Youre right. He shouldnt expect a decent human act from someone so caught up in their own ideology that they cant act civil and discuss things without being triggered by niggers or woman or what the fuck ever the buzz word of the week is with you insufferable faggots
>>
>>80919009
>>80918752
An sjw and a /pol/ock walk into a thread
The thread goes to shit and everyone wants them to fuck off
>>
>>80919170
...So how about that Cyborg huh?

He seems like a cool guy.
>>
>>80917983
Fuck this guy
>>80918178
This guy's great
>>
File: bravosir.gif (176 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bravosir.gif
176 KB, 480x360
>>80918178
>>
>>80914654

I'm sorry.
>>
>>80919009
Man you don't even know and you're making assumptions stop being such a racist. I'm black and fuck you for thinking I'm white you mother fucker.
>>
>>80915299
it was the god damn Deadpool movie that brought all this cancer
>>
File: 1458152336339.jpg (44 KB, 129x241) Image search: [Google]
1458152336339.jpg
44 KB, 129x241
>>80917388
GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU ANON. Finally someone tells it like it truly is.

I'm tired of the whiny radical left crying (carl the cuck and aids skrillex anyone?), yes, but it's not like the cringefaggot chucklefucks on the radical right are any better.

What's even worse is that their cancer is spreading among the normies .. God fucking help us all if everyone becomes a fucking extremist.
>>
>>80917113
And yet I feel like every non-616 version of the Kree only has blue skins.
>>
>>80914654
This tbph
>>
>>80914999

Every character got a season plot-line but Starfire. Season 1 was Robin/the team, 2 was BB, 3 was Cyborg, 4 was Raven, and 5 was BB/the team. Cyborg got his time.
>>
>>80917388
hipster_in_mask.jpg

Don't blame the right because they started fighting back against the left's insanely racist and sexist bullshit.
>>
S H O W E R S
>>
YA KNOW WHAT THEY SAY
>>
>>80921133
but starfire had lots of blackfire stuff and that pimple episode
>>
>>80916388
I don't think it's just white people. Several decades of A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE and after school specials and knowing is half the battle shit like this and it's almost expected.

>>80917195
Depends on how hard you're hitting those showers.

>>80917388
Sweet Derria on a textual reading completely divorced from meaning. So, perhaps the solution is to hire Zone to make porn of erreyone?
>>
File: 1458438080199.jpg (41 KB, 300x395) Image search: [Google]
1458438080199.jpg
41 KB, 300x395
>>80914654
>>
>>80914588
So cyborg just walks around naked or what? Does he even have a dick?
>>
>>80918455
This! Fucking this! THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!
>>
>>80921426
Hydraulic penis.
>>
>>80914654
>>80915335
>>80916561
>>80916712
I sincerely hope you crackers are joking.
>>
>>80921588
HEY, that is OUR word, you racist fucker, appropriating our language for your own means.
>>
>>80921588
Fun tid-bit: Cracker originates from the person who cracked the whip at the slaves in the field. Funny enough, despite the term being used as a slur for white people these days, most of these 'crackers' were fellow slaves.
>>
>>80921908
Boy, that sounds like some bullshit made up by white people.
>>
File: 1448077407315.png (36 KB, 709x723) Image search: [Google]
1448077407315.png
36 KB, 709x723
>>80914588
>>
>>80916458
White Martians fight green Martians. I'm sure the concept isn't particularly alien.
>>
>>80921908
>>80922140
it is bullshit, cracker comes from Florida where the local cowboys employed whips to deal with the snakes, gators, and corralling the cattle.

I'm not trolling here. Florida was serious cattle country when it was developing and the local help really did employ whips to keep the cattle under control.
>>
>>80921133
Starfire got the racism episode
>>
>>80914588
You know, I didn't even think about him having the possibility of saying "Of course I know, I'm black." The thought never even crossed my mind when watching this as a kid. I just thought people would have judged him due to the robotics. I'm 23 now, and this is the first time I've made that connection. Either I was truly an innocent kid or I was retarded
>>
File: parkournomore.gif (2 MB, 445x273) Image search: [Google]
parkournomore.gif
2 MB, 445x273
>>80917388
lol post of the year
>>
>>80917818
>expanded version of the Starfire/Raven segment
Lesbians are boring
>>
>>80917983
>Be vocal and public in opposition to shitty SJWs.
This is how it got like this you idiot. People at some point just forgot they could IGNORE THINGS. These people have absolutely no power if no one listens to them. They are not fucking dictators or genocidal warlords, they're a bunch of fucking crybabies that just scream PAY ATTENTION TO ME, and in our profound idiocy we actually do.
>>
>>80922496

I'm not saying she didn't get episodes, but she didn't get a main season long story like the others did with Slade, Terra, Titans East, Trigon, Brotherhood/Doom Patrol. The guy I responded to said Cyborg needed more episodes, he got more than enough.
>>
>>80917388
Not that guy, but I've tried addressing that same issue several times in the past. Thing is, whenever you dare to point out that both sides are acting like paranoid extremists, people will immediately conclude that you must be a false-flagging spy from the enemy camp. Then you'll get dogpiled and the entire place erupts in a shitstorm of paranoid reactionism as everyone screams at everyone else that "an enemy has been spotted within our ranks holy shit!"

The fact that people actually seem to agree with it this time around baffles the shit out of me. Maybe it's because it's still early in the US and this place is full of Europeans. In any case, it's a nice start.
>>
>>80922688
You are a moron. I once thought the way you did, but I tired of being wrong.
>>
>>80917388

While you make a vilid point.

>where do you think we are?
>>
>>80922688
>These people have absolutely no power if no one listens to them.
It's too late, stupid.

It's too fucking late.

Everyone has been listening to them for some reason and now they're insanity has to be addressed.

You can still ignore flat earthers however. But ignoring these social justice demagogues is fucking DANGEROUS.
>>
>>80924730
>he thinks arguing about off topic shit somehow defeats or help stop SJWs in the slightest
Go bomb a fucking rally or something jesus christ. The only people you are affecting is people that want to discuss comics and cartoons withiut any sort of race or gender issues being rendered down to pandering or misogyny from either fucking side. Can you not comprehend what has been said over and over in this thread? You are the only one that cares and you are not affecting this percieved war against SJWs in any way by keyboard warrioring on fucking /co/
>>
>>80915526

I thought that was part of the joke. Like the stuff he was bringing up sounded more like it was related to his race but then he suddenly brings up he's a robot and you go "oh, right..."

I thought it was a good way to lighten up a generic plot.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.