[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Cartoons that people constantly obsess over the first couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1453652673284.jpg (22 KB, 459x459) Image search: [Google]
1453652673284.jpg
22 KB, 459x459
ITT: Cartoons that people constantly obsess over the first couple of seasons about and pretend "the rest of it is shit" when there has been some good episodes in some places.
>>
>>80914255
Name some good episodes released since the Spongebob movie then.
>>
>>80914255
>ITT: Cartoons that were never good
>>
>>80914399
Season 4 has some gems.

After that it's all fucking awful, though.
>>
What about Sandcastle in the sand. I remember that being really good and it was a season 6 episode
>>
>>80916051

This.

Very imaginative episode that sort of captures the spirit of Golden Age cartoons, i.e., animation for animation's sake.
>>
>>80914399
Wishing You Well
Krusty Towers

There are some others, but I don't remember the names
>>
What was with that weird abundance of musical numbers in the first few seasons after the movie? They were always so bizarre and out of place.
>>
Fairly Odd Parents only the Sparky season was legitimately wall-to-wall unwatchable.
>>
Just caught the one hour episode of the lost city of Atlantis recently. I only watched it for David Bowie. (Didn't sound a thing like him, though) It was cute. There have been a few good episodes worth watching after season four, but, sadly, they are few and far between. Name one, you say? Well, I like the one where Eugene Krabs decides to turn The Krusty Krab into a hotel. Then there's the party episode where The Cramps, using the name "The Birdbrains" play the song Down Down Down. That's two!
>>
In before some faggot says Legend of Korra
>>
>>80917631
They can't by the rules set in the OP, because every season of Korra was crap.
>>
>>80917146
Krusty Towers was definitely not good.

Not unbearable, but not good either.
>>
File: Movie.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Movie.png
1 MB, 1366x768
It's a lost cause, but this fits well.

I can literally name you a fuck ton of great episodes after the first 3 seasons.

Including the movie or not.
>>
>>80917631
1 was the worst season of korra so no.
>>
File: TRT.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
TRT.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>80921082
I'll do it anyway.

All of the Half Hour specials are God-tier. All of the Halloween Half-hour specials are pretty good too (excluding maybe a tale from the most recent one, it was a pops story and boring)

The Half-Hour specials include
Exit 9B
The Christmas Special
The Thanksgiving Special
Skips' Story
The Real Thomas
Brilliant Century Duck Crisis Special
The Dome Experiment Special

The Movie

Normal episodes but still GOAT are
150 Piece Kit
That's My Television
The Last Laserdisc Player
-and it's sequel, Format Wars II
Benson's Car
Gamers Never Say Die
The Parkie Awards
The Eileen Plan
Crazy Fake Plan

A good amount of the others are good too, but I don't want to sound pretentious naming them all.

Still, every half hour special so far has been extraordinary.

Plus, romance has dropped so there's not so much as "dude fuck off with your drama cartoon" as there used to be.

/co/ will never care to try again though because RS is the fucking status symbol for keywords like cuck and beta
>>
>>80921082
Can you figuratively name them too?
>>
>>80921244
RS didn't drop in quality until Mordecai dated Margaret. That's when it hit the shitter for the rest of the show.
>>
>>80921244
The Parkie Awards had the best ending of any episode they've ever shown to fucking date

I just want people to see that fucking scene, but I can't find a link to a clip of it.
>>
The Simpsons actually does still have good episodes here and there. I would guess like 2 per season?
>>
>>80914255
> some good episodes in some places.

Because no one wants to sit through 9 seasons of shit for 3 or 4 good episodes
>>
>>80921575
And their seasons are small right?

Recently it's been about trends and people like them, though I haven't caught every episode this season. It just seems all the same.
>>
>>80921575
2 good episodes per season isn't enough to keep up with a show
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.