[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/ marvel-coming-to-wdw.911
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (157 KB, 908x1000) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
157 KB, 908x1000
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/marvel-coming-to-wdw.911512/page-3#post-7136764

>While Bob Iger lamented at the recent shareholders meeting in Chicago that TWDC would likely never be able to use its stable of Marvel characters (or the ones everyone knows and cares about) at its ATM in the swamps, there is one major exception that every fanboi sleeping in his Hulk boxers knows about.

>Yup. I am talking about the characters from the second best Marvel film -- behind Deadpool, which doesn't count because it's not controlled by The Weatherman and not part of something called The Marvel Cinematic Universe -- namely The Guardians of the Galaxy.

>Well, if current plans (and they are subject to change, but accurate as of this posting and that is all I can ever offer) follow through, sometime in either 2017 or 2018 you will get to experience a true GotG E-Ticket at The Corpse of The Disney-MGM Studios. Fast construction timeline you say. Or the Spirit is smoking on some bad Kissimmee weed you say?

>Nope. Welcome to The Guardians of the Galaxy Tower of Terror. Yes. Really. Yes, Disney wants to destroy (or make over depending on how you look at it) one of its high points of creative product in the last 25 years to tie it to a BRAND that it can't even use to advertise and promote, in Florida that is.

>You see, like almost everything these days, the genesis of this project is in Anaheim where ToT isn't an anchor of a park (DCA), just part of its menu of offerings. A park that can take full advantage of The Weatherman's acquisition spree (the only thing that marks his tenure as head of the world's largest entertainment company) and is planning a major Marvel addition right next door to an old hotel on Hollywood's dark side. WDI has pushed this concept heavily and TDA wants to do it badly.
>>
File: tumblr_nqekwse3CZ1qebc9so2_400.jpg (42 KB, 400x458) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqekwse3CZ1qebc9so2_400.jpg
42 KB, 400x458
>>80912856
>Having to license The Twilight Zone IP from CBS, IP that most people not born prior to 1980 have little if any knowledge of -- just makes it even more attractive.

>Let's forget that this is one of the best attractions Disney has ever built. We do have toon characters in Small World and Jack Sparrow soon to be in every Pirates attraction worldwide, so shilling IP by changing classic attractions isn't something Disney is afraid to do.

>They want to market it as DL's 'BIG, NEW THING' for 2017 and the first of many new major Marvel attractions in DCA (and other parks not located in the Florida swamps) before The Star Wars Experience (oops, did I name drop prematurely? Happens with age!) debuts in DL in 12/18 . If they have their way, the current Anaheim ToT will close around the first oft the year and reopen before summer with an entirely new GotG based show, still (somehow I am told) centered on a haunted hotel from the 1930s. How? Who knows? Stitch and Buzz Lightyear belong in Tomorrowland, right?
>>
>>80912910
>The hitch right now is, naturally, WDW. They are interested in this, but they see it more as a temporary overlay to draw people into their moribund Studios park (the one they actively engage in deceptive advertising in because telling people that the real Star Wars stuff won't arrive before 2020-21 probably wouldn't be good for business). They (again naturally) are looking to cut the budget and the timeline because shutting the ToT next January might just finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back (hell, even 1-2 lifestylers might tell people to not visit for more than half a day out of their 11 day on property MAGICal $11,000 WDW vacations ). At DCA, this will be the gateway to Marvel BRAND Land and has to look and act the part. TDO is whining about money and downtime. But right now it looks like this has the momentum needed to happen on BOTH coasts provided TDO is willing to shoulder the costs and realize this will be a permanent change, not a summer marketing deal.

>And, no, this means nothing at all regarding other Marvel IP ... and, no, I don't think UNI cares one way or the other.
>>
TL;DR being??
>>
>>80913357
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will become Guardians of the Galaxy Tower of Terror, to /tv/'s delight.
>>
>>80913397
Also for a long time Walt Disney World couldn't do a Marvel thing due to an agreement with Universal. But if they're going ahead with this, something changed.
>>
>>80913397
That's bad, right?. I don't get it
>>
>>80913475
Guardians is one of the few properties that's not in Universal's contract, which included the core Avengers/Spider-Man/X-Men/Fantasic Four character families.
>>
File: 1458450656225.jpg (40 KB, 399x398) Image search: [Google]
1458450656225.jpg
40 KB, 399x398
>>80912910
>with an entirely new GotG based show, still (somehow I am told) centered on a haunted hotel from the 1930s. How? Who knows?
>GotG
>on a haunted hotel from the 1930s
>>
>>80913626
Nigga I'm high as shit right now like fucking what who thought this was a good idea
>>
>>80913496
Very bad. I think he means that /tv/ will love being able to shitpost about it being "This is Reddit, this is memes" incarnate and Disney execs turning into happy merchant memes
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?!?!
>>
>First a Squirrel Girl Beats Up the Marvel Universe OGN announced
>Now this

Marvel won't stop
Marvel can't stop

Holy Fuck
>>
>>80913687
I mean what the fuck are they gonna do, have the Guardians go back in time to that very first Groot story (except have it take place in the 1930s instead of the 1960s)?
>>
File: areyoufucking.jpg (30 KB, 292x342) Image search: [Google]
areyoufucking.jpg
30 KB, 292x342
>>80912856
This cant possibly be real
>>
Well then, capeshit has not only ruined movies and expectations for story and narrative, but it also ruined one of the best god damn rides Disney ever built.
>>
>Terror of Tower replaced by capeshit
I hope all you comic book loving faggots die in a fire.
>>
>>80913932
This is your own fault.
>>
>>80913932
We here at /co/ hate comic books, thank you very much
>>
I've never even been to Disney World and this sounds idiotic. How would they retrofit the structure itself to mesh with GotG? It's not some underground dark ride where you can replace all the fixtures and animatronics and such while keeping the outside the same. And the ride itself doesn't seem like something which ties into wild space adventures. Those of you who pay close attention to this stuff, can you tell me if Disney has full-on demolished entire attractions?
>>
California Adventure continues to get fucked.
>>
>>80914298
They have, but never one of the huge thrill rides.

But the thing is, between the cost of Star Wars and the rest of the Studios work, Shanghai going way, way over budget, and Disneyland Paris's extensive facelift work, it's cheaper to do some halfassed overlay to trick casuals out of their money rather than a complete tear down and construction of a new attraction.
>>
>>80913888
It would make more sense to do something based around Captain America/SHIELD somehow as people would be too ignorant to realize the building is designed around earlier aesthetics. But I guess they don't have the specific rights for that. Still, what a goddamned bizarre idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 214x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 214x236
THEESE FAGGOTS BETTER NOT RUIN TWILIGHT ZONE! I WILL FUCKING BURN DOWN HOUSES IF THEY DARE TOUCH TWILIGHT ZONE WITH SHIT COMIC .
>>
I'm almost wondering if Spirit's source got their wires crossed and Doctor Strange is going into the Tower while Guardians is going into Rock N' Roller Coaster.

Because I don't think there's any sign of Strange at Islands of Adventure and replacing Rod Serling with Benadryl Cabbagepatch would be pretty low-cost a solution to slap a Marvel bandaid on the ride.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.