[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Justice League Animated series was release in 2016 instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9
File: HG GL.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
HG GL.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
The Justice League Animated series was release in 2016 instead of 2001. How well do you or /co/ respond to this show if that happens?
>>
Nonstop "Hawkman cucked!!!1 lololol" posts.
>>
Ugh, Green Lantern's black? When will the SJW pandering end?
>>
>>80911497
GREENED.com
>>
Who reads comic books anyway!? The movies are where it's at!
>>
>>80911497
"This would be better with Hal"
>>
>>80911783

why is that an actual website
>>
>>80911497

>Implying an action cartoon would have made it this far on current cartoon network.
>>
File: 1394781132216.gif (1024 KB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1394781132216.gif
1024 KB, 290x189
>>80912181
Oh God I didn't even know when I typed that out.

Holy fuck.
>>
Considering Justice League combined 4 different shows it would have been taken just fine. The built up to it was nice. But alot of BLACKED jokes
>>
>>80912145
would've been desu, but that doesn't mean john had to go.
>>
>>80912304
>it would have been taken just fine
no, it was lame even back then
>>
>>80911497
It's funny but I actually would be pissed off.

Back then black dude dating a white chick, meh, whatever. Nowadays, DC would be going out of their way to say HEY LOOK, INTERRACIAL COUPLE WATCH OUR STUFF, YAY PROGRESSIVISM LIKE US ON FACEBOOK.

If you just do it and don't make a huge thing of it, whatever, it is what it is, but now companies, no matter who they are, can't help but make a big stink out of everything, and THAT, that is what annoys me, just do it and shut up.

It's when you put it up in big neon signs with fog horns blaring out, All female ghostbusters, captain america is now black, thor is a woman, that grind my gears, otherwise, it would be different it would irritate me for awhile, then same old same old, now its a cut that will not heal.
>>
>>80912563
Do Dc & Marvel actually blair their horns about this sorta stuff as much as you say, or is it because it's such a point of contention online that you hear about it so much, anon ? Be honest.
>>
>>80912563
She wasnt whie, she was a fucking alien.
>>
>>80912729
Uh huh, then I guess I'm a racist cause superman is white to, and he sure as hell ain't from Kansas, and I'm pretty sure that Mar-Vell dude was out of town too.
>>
>>80912729
>>80912979
The only white person is Batman, and he is an insane rich boy wearing a bat suit and a loner.
>>
Remember the JLU episode where ancient egyptian Hawkman got cucked by his black advisor who looks just like GL?
>>
>>80913208
>Hawkgirl was fucking horny and wanted to mate with someone
>Hawkman ignores her and plan to rule the world instead
It's all on him, anon.
>>
>>80911497
THIS SHOW IS REDDIT REEEEE

Most likely.
>>
>>80912563
> DC would be going out of their way to say HEY LOOK, INTERRACIAL COUPLE WATCH OUR STUFF, YAY PROGRESSIVISM LIKE US ON FACEBOOK.
nah that's what marvel does. DC doesn't feel the need to brag about doing something as fucking mundane as having people of color in their shows.
>>
File: wally.png (83 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
wally.png
83 KB, 400x289
>>80913007
Wally's white, or he was back then anyway.
>>
>>80912682
Yeah they kinda do. I mean does anyone remember "Silk, Marvel's first Asian American Superhero!" bs?
>>
>>80911497
It would have been canceled and replaced with Justice League Go! if they are lucky
>>
>>80913677
Wally West BLACKED
>>
>>80913729
I have no idea who this is
>>
>>80913677
this
they didnt promote midnighter having a solo at all and he's super gay
>>
>>80913741
Wouldn't that title go to someone like Iron Fist or Jubilee?
>>
>>80912682
Yes, but it's not just them, any news group that follows comic/movie stuff usually paint their own usually loud and annoying picture. I remember seeing an article titled something like "Marvel's new power couple" posted just mere hours after marvel revealed their solicitations for the upcoming month, that had the cover with Captain Falcon and Whor kissing on it, there was barely any synopsis for the issue at the time, but a number of sites instantly had it on their front page.
>>
>>80913729
man, I think i can count on one hand the times he had his mask off, its really weird
Then again, most everyone in JL shows is always in costume by nature of it being the justice league
>>
>>80914030
Iron Fist is whiter than hamburgers anon.
>>
>>80914030
White guy and a dirty mutie.
>>
>>80912563
>>80912729

Shayera was like a space-Latina bird. all the prominent Thanagarians on the show had Hispanic actors playing them and they gave Shayera that accent because it was just different enough to give her an alien feel.

>But a lot of hispanics are white!!!

yeah OK, but there's no complex ethnic consideration here, Besides Shayera's red hair(and its not like red hair dye isn't a standard in every corner bodega) ,all the Thanagarians are just the usual shade of mestizo.
>>
Nothing will be worse than GL letting Supergirl stay a few thousand years in the future because she met a boy.
>>
>>80914006

Oh man as good a place as any to talk about this. There's a new Batman Character book out and the Dick page is for Grayson instead of Nightwing and it features Midnighter too. Well Dick punching Midnighter with the header "Lights out at Midnight" and a blurb about him without mentioning the gay or hyper violence.
>>
>>80912682

DC doesn't really do it much. They pushed Bunker and Kate a bit but it wasn't going on the view or Quesada's infamous "I don't see color" bullshit on Colbert. They just pushed for some press.

Of course the press botched it and people thought Batwoman was Barbara grown up.
>>
>>80913964
they advertised wally as being on the show, but didn't push him being black as a selling point. anyway it was obvious that he would be black even when season 1 began since the whole West family is African American. anyone who got mad about it were being moronic
>>
>>80911568
Ironically, John got cucked by Hawkman.
>>
>>80912682
DC isn't so bad, it's Marvel that are the attention whores, their presidential yes we can covers, special Stephen Colbert issue's, and getting plugged on the View are just the tip of the iceberg for recent stuff, they've been doing it for years, they just stepped up the game lately, and just don't bother to pretend they aren't anymore.
>>
>>80912729
A Latina Alien at that.
>>
>>80914729

Remember when Spider-Man teamed up with Obama?

Remember when The Pet Avengers met Obama's new dog?
>>
>>80914449
>And you have to work on that representation rather than trying to do everything at once, which is certainly a mindset that exists. If you do something that tries to appeal to everyone a little bit, you'll have something that appeals to no one greatly. A little bit of everything is not a lot of everything. What we've done is try to show that this is a book full of queer characters, but that's not all there is to them. They have jobs. They have opinions. They have relationships of all types and personalities. The fear is that these characters will only be defined by one thing, so we have to make sure that you know as much about them as you'd know about any other person. We treat them as real people, and that's what I think the responsibility is. That's what I worry about: showing that this community is well-rounded and is full of actual people and not just talk boxes for different points of view.
Steve Orlando

Matches DC's whole approach to diversity desu, people need to stop lumping them and even DCYou in with Marvel's cash-ins
>>
>>80913741

I don't think Marvel themselves said I remember people toting A-Force around as the first ever female team book.
>>
>>80911568

This. Fuck you guys
>>
>>80914783
How bout when the avengers all got new id cards signed by the Obama's secretary.
>>
>>80912563
>HEY LOOK, INTERRACIAL COUPLE WATCH OUR STUFF, YAY PROGRESSIVISM LIKE US ON FACEBOOK.

>ARE YOU GUYS ENJOYING WHOR, THOR, FUCKING A BLACK GUY AND BEATING THE PATRIACHY?!?!?! HAHAHAHA TAKE THAT ODIN!!! PLZ SUSCRIBE!

>HAHAHA, WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE OF "WONDER WOMAN MANSPLAINING" THE CRITICS HAIL IT AS THE BEST COMIC OF 2015!!!!
>>
>>80914201
She was always chaffing under her cousin's image. She wanted to be her own person, not JUST Superman's cousin. Plus she grew up on Argos which along with Krypton had technology as advanced as what we seen in the future.

Just kinda wish Supes got to say goodbye to her. It was kinda sad that he didn't get to say that at least. I wonder how angry he was that she was dating Brianiac. That would've been hilarious to see.
>>
>>80912563
>>80912682
>>80913741
>>80914055
>>80914531
>>80914729
>>80914783

What is hilarious, is you also had 'Runaways', that featured:

An African-American
An Asian-Amercian
A Caucasian-American
A Latino-American.
A Lesbian.
A child.
A plus sized girl.
A gender-fluid character.

Yet, nothing, NOTHING was done to tout and blow this series about the place.

Even though while it ticked all the boxes, it was done not for box ticking but through interesting stories, characters and logical developments.

Fucking loved 'Runaways' and wish we had so much more of it but it seems it's largely unheard of which makes me all the more sad.
>>
>>80915426
Because that was before the big push for change, it was a marvel "original" that dared to be different, yet they didn't shove it down our throats, it was self contained and not oozing all over the other series.

And the biggest difference from the stuff they produce now, it was worth reading.
>>
>>80915694

I always remember Runaways for all the New York characters calling them "Left Coasters" after they said something that would cause /co/ to cry if they saw it today but because Runaways is nostalgia it gets a pass.

Runaways is okay though.
>>
>All these "they didn't have race quotas to pander back then like we do now" posts
No, you didn't pay attention to them because you were children and weren't on the internet. People have been complaining about politically correct tokenism since the 70s at least. You pay more attention to it now so you think it's "running rampant" when it's been there for almost half a century.
>>
>>80912181
It redirects to an education website.
Kind of disappointing actually. I was hoping for some sort of weird dendrophilia website or something like that.
>>
File: 1456281332823.jpg (22 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1456281332823.jpg
22 KB, 600x400
>>80911568
I feel the cuck meme is more prevalent on the boards with a higher cancer ratio like /v/ or /tv/. Albeit it can get pretty bad here, it usually seems to be cross boarders.

This fucking cuck meme has to be some of the worst cancer to come out of 4chan, maybe on par with Brony's
>>
>>80913810
Would sell more toys senpai.
Merchandising is the bottom line.
>>
The same way we do now. When JL was being developed, the DCAU team said they put John Stewart and Hawkgirl on the initial roster because they themselves wanted to fill a quota since they didn't like the idea of a bunch of white guys, 1 alien, and 1 woman making up the team.

They didn't realize until JLU until that they made a big mistake by putting diversity over quality, resulting in JL poor reception of the boring roster. And what >>80916169 said. If you were to pay attention to the business and press stuff around DCAU in 2001-2004, you would have seen the aimlessness of the producers and writers on JL.
>>
>>80916169
This.
I'm an autistic faggot so I noticed it even as a kid and I found it extremely annoying more often than not.

OP's example included.
John is about the least exciting GL ever.
Also, I don't care for the idea of anyone fucking an ape, even other apes, power ring or not.

Hawk Girl:
>wouldnotbangcoalburner/10
>>
File: 1458205993313.png (475 KB, 620x545) Image search: [Google]
1458205993313.png
475 KB, 620x545
>>80913995
>>
>>80914030
Iron Fist isn't Asian, and Jubilee isn't either (don't worry, everyone forgets that).
>>
>>80917672
really? kinda thought she was a chikkity china the chinese chicken....american.
>>
>>80914201

>A woman makes a decision
>The man should have forced her to do what he thought was right

That actually is pretty misogynist, mate. Besides if Kara hated it they could have sent her back and her going to the future was already set in stone
>>
i actually liked the pair

but didnt they end hating each other on the later episodes
>>
>>80917672
>Jubilee isn't either

You must not read comics.
>>
>>80918067

She's Asian-American (Chinese), but thoroughly "American" in attitudes and outlook.
>>
File: snow.gif (480 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
snow.gif
480 KB, 480x270
Yea I guess the autists would meme about it for a couple of weeks. But the way they handled that relationship really well in the show. I'd like to think /co/ would never miss a chance to ship a good ship.
>>
>>80914030
I see what you did there, Anon.

Danny is only Asian culturally.
>>
>>80911497

SJW identity politics have made that pic an issue now, when in 2001 no-one cared. (Except for Hawkman, he'd be pissed.)
>>
>>80915426

I agree with the sentiment but Runaways is not unheard of, I can't imagine anyone on this board doesn't at least know of it even if they haven't read it.
>>
File: zyklonb.png (2 MB, 1024x3682) Image search: [Google]
zyklonb.png
2 MB, 1024x3682
I wonder who's behind this...
>>
>>80916169

I was in my twenties when the JLA cartoon came out. PC tokenism is worse now because it's more corperate mandated, rather than writer driven.
>>
>>80911497
Black men would have their ego even more inflated because reincarnated alien space police that became egyptian gods submit to being blacked. You know it's true.
>>
>>80911497

I still think Hawkgirl sucks.
>>
>>80911497
>why isn't Parallax the main character?
>BLACKED
>500 reasons the female characters are the worst
>bane?
>what did he mean by this
>THIQ
>>
>>80916763
It was a huge mistake to remove the wordfilter. It's far worse than the blackpeopletwitter memes.
>>
>>80918429

They hated each other enough to spawn a child.

GL meets him in the episode where Batman meets Terry and his older self. That episode was amazing just for the Good Batman/Bad Batman part.
>>
File: f and r.jpg (577 KB, 1024x1515) Image search: [Google]
f and r.jpg
577 KB, 1024x1515
I never understood why people have a problem with interracial couples both in entertainment and in general. They exist. It's not a big deal.

And don't give the me the BS "why is it always black guys and white girls" bullshit. First it shouldn't matter what type it is and second please see Flash, How to Get Away With Murder, Scandal and Modern Family for popular examples of white guy, black or latino woman.
>>
>>80911497
Trump=Stumped
It's over there's no coming back from this.
I am now a Cruz Missile.
>>
>>80911622
>Ugh, Green Lantern's black? When will the SJW pandering end?
Actually, there was complain about that back then too.
>>
>>80921051
And then the opposite complaint occurred when normal audiences were confused about John NOT being in the GL movie. Everybody I knew was confused about who the fuck Hal Jordan was.
>>
>>80918429

Not hate, just awkward. Hawk girl was mostly a shell of herself for awhile. They started making progress toward repairing things as time went on, even to the point that John looked like an asshole since he was with Vixen at the time.

>>80916169

Also it seems much more magnified because clickbaiting became a thing and acts like a megaphone for this shit.
>>
>>80920210

It was always more corporate mandated than you think, even as far back as the 80s because it was about audience appeal and selling merch. Half the time you had writers scrambling to make shit just work for these shows instead of trying to push some agenda.
>>
>>80921110
That's because John was so fucking based in the cartoon!
>>
>JUST US LEAGE
lol
>>
>>80917159
>Also, I don't care for the idea of anyone fucking an ape, even other apes
>even other apes
>>
>>80921028
Because people still don't view other people with different skin colors as humans. We'll deny it, we'll talk about inclusion and equality and social justice and all that garbage, but at the end of the day it's like being kind to your pets. You don't wish them ill but they are still not your peers.
>>
>>80912563
You are the reason things are like this
>>
>>80922546
back to /tv/ with you
>>
>>80918429
I hate this pairing because it broked up the hawks and I find it weird when you pair long established love interests with another character. Also the chemistry sucked.
>>
>>80911497
At least it isn't Jessica Jones.
>>
>>80911497
DON'T POLLUTE THE GENE POOL!
THANAGARIANS LEAVE!
>>
>>80911497
>>80911568

HAWKKEK

>>80913729
>white
>irish
Pick one.

>>80915426

First half didn't suck, second half sucked.
>>
>>80921652
>black
>they brought that up once or twice in little wtf moments ("You're a tribute to your race")
>straight man with a straight forward personality
>still had his moments of wit
>decent I.E. NOT GIANT BOXING GLOVES uses of his ring
>wasn't dropping puns instead of being funny or serious
>wore his sense of honor and duty on his sleeve
>ex-marine

The difference between Hal and John was always that Hal was "without fear" because he am test pilot while John had fear but really came off as having immense depths of willpower and personality, which made him being the recipient of a ring powered by willpower kinda fit better.

It's one of hte problems with Kyle as well because "he has great imagination" is... not what the ring is powered by.
>>
>>80911497

Batman: Brave and the Bold was leagues better.

No idea why everyone except the Flash is so edgy. Aquaman should be OUTRAGEOUS.
>>
>>80923536
>decent use of the ring
That nigga just used green lasers tho.
>>
>>80914741
are all humanoid aliens one-race? IIRC all Kryptonians were white in the DCAU
>>
>>80923536
>It's one of hte problems with Kyle as well because "he has great imagination" is... not what the ring is powered by
Kyle was picked completely at random
>>
Whenever I go back and watch this, I am surprised at how much they got away with by the time JLU got going. You have to respect the sort of creative freedom WB gave Timm et al.

If JLU had come out in 2016 you would probably see a more serialized version of Gods and Monsters; which is basically what's happening on Machinima right now.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZLTS4u9M_2pbKdZ0LS01AdkvDBLj28e2
>>
>>80923536
>John Stewart was boring
I couldn't agree with you more anon. I've seen blank pieces of paper more entertaining than DCAU John Stewart.
>>
That Justice Guild episode "Legends" roughed up some feathers for their 50's style mannerisms (despite actually being in the 50's). If it aired today for the first time I'm sure they'd catch even more hell and BLM/tumblr would find some way to be relevant.
>>
>>80923536
>decent
But you just said he doesn't use Giant green boxing gloves so how can he be decent?
>>
>>80923536
Nigga, are you Desh? John has always been the worst Green Lantern, and the whole ex-marine backstory made him way worse. Honestly, JLU ruined him. After the cartoon, he slowly turned from rebellious, intelligent architect messiah to very serious army man. And the whole second part of your post makes no sense. Hal is a test pilot because he's courageous, not the other way around. And he's had fear since the 90's that's part of the point of Parallax. And you must be joking if you think John has depth of personality.
>>
>>80923536
>John stewart having immense deoths of personality
>John stewart having depth
>John stewart having a personality
Good one.
>>
>>80918670
And Silk isn't?
>>
>>80923536
>>decent I.E. NOT GIANT BOXING GLOVES uses of his ring
When will this meme die
>>
>>80923860
Sort of? BatB was definitely superior, but Aquaman can be good with a more serious spin.
>>
>>80923378
>Red Hair means Irish
Racist
>>
I think /co/ would just be happy to have an action cartoon on
>>
John was based as fuck and giving the BBC to Hawkgirl and Vixen.
>>
People would be saying it's shitty cuz part of it was
>>
>>80911497
People would love it because it's the best DCAU show.
>>
>>80912682
This is the most on-point post I''ve seen on /co/ in years.
>>
>>80924495
Oh thank god, I'm not alone. Man, I really wanted to love JLU utterly, and after season 1 I was so hyped, but I watched season 2 back when it was airing and even then, it felt like a bit of a letdown. We went from a season that was maybe 85-90% overarching plot dealing with real themes of superpowered security vs. freedom, and then by comparison season 2 was entirely fanservice and traditional Superfriends vs. Legion of Doom with a last minute drop-in by Darkseid. All in all, it was alright, but I still felt like Dini and Timm were losing steam and more importantly, focus as the DCAU went on. Divided We Fall should've been the ending, not Epilogue and not Man of Cardboard.
>>
>>80924324
But there tons of that
>>
>>80925288
I put together a Justice League Watchlist a while ago, accounting for JL/JLU and the parts of S:TAS (and the best episodes of each) that come into play later on. You guys tell me what you think.

Superman: The Animated Series:
>The Last Son of Krypton Parts 1, 2 and 3
>Fun and Games
>The Way of All Flesh
>Stolen Memories
>The Main Man Parts 1 and 2
>Tools of the Trade
>Speed Demons
>Livewire
>Identity Crisis
>Mxyzpixilated
>Father’s Day
>World’s Finest Parts 1, 2 and 3
>Bizarro’s World
>Apokolips...Now! Parts 1 and 2
>Little Girl Lost Parts 1 and 2
>Legacy: Parts 1 and 2

Justice League:
>Secret Origins: Parts 1, 2 and 3
>In Blackest Night
>The Enemy Below
>Injustice for All
>War World
>The Brave and the Bold
>Legends
>A Knight of Shadows
>The Savage Time
>Twilight
>Tabula Rasa
>Only a Dream
>A Better World
>The Terror Beyond
>Secret Society
>Hereafter
>Wild Cards
>Comfort and Joy
>Starcrossed
>>
>>80929999
Justice League Unlimited:
>Initiation
>For The Man Who Has Everything
>Hawk and Dove
>This Little Piggy
>Fearful Symmetry
>The Greatest Story Never Told
>The Return
>Ultimatum
>Dark Heart
>Wake the Dead
>The Once and Future Thing: Parts 1 and 2
>The Cat and the Canary
>The Ties That Bind
>The Doomsday Sanction
>Task Force X
>Double Date
>Clash
>Hunter’s Moon
>Question Authority
>Flashpoint
>Panic in the Sky
>Divided We Fall
>Epilogue
>I Am Legion
>Shadow of the Hawk
>Flash and Substance
>Dead Reckoning
>Patriot Act
>The Great Brain Robbery
Far From Home
>Ancient History
>Alive!
>Destroyer
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.