[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Afua Richardson named as new ANAD Blade artist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
Tim Seeley will stay on that book.

>[Katie]Kubert then turned to talk about the delayed Blade series, and they show pages by Afua Richardson. Logan Faerber was the originally announced artist for this, but she doesn't mention the reason for the switch.

>"I couldn't be more pleased to have [Afua] part of this. Enjoy," said Kubert.

Snippet source [not of pic related]: http://www.newsarama.com/28474-c2e2-2016-women-of-marvel-panel.html

Logan Faerber will have a new book this summer from Magnetic named "RE-PRO-DUCT" with literally who writer Austin Wilson.
>>
>>80910918
I can't wait for this version of the book to not come out either.
>>
>>80910918
No bury that shit concept and leave it buried

No one wants to see the adventures of Tumblr OC #33389

We want a Blade comic,

Arrive.

Kill Suckheads.

Leave.
>>
>>80911078
>>80911647
Hopefully sales will be low as Illuminati.

My release window estimate for ANAD Blade is July-August if it is ever uncancelled.
>>
Her art really isn't that good, it's like a vanilla version of damion scott
>>
So some one want to tell me how this isn't segregation?

Only black people are allowed to write and direct black characters in marvels movies and television, only women are allowed to write female character solo's, and apparently now the artists are starting to get shifted into this same direction...
>>
>>80911647
ok but what if it's Blade making dad jokes like /co/ came up with
>>
>>80915825
Tim Seeley is a white guy.
>>
>>80916167
>"If there's one thing I've learned in this line of work --"
>"Oh my God, dad, no."
>"-- fighting vampires --"
>"Oh my God."
>"-- really bites!"
>>
>>80911647
Like all those other Blade comics that no one bought.
>>
I'm pretty hyped for this since Seeley is writing it.

I wonder why it's getting delayed so much.
>>
>>80917650
>I wonder why it's getting delayed so much.
The true reason is still unknown, but maybe Faerber working on something else is what triggers Marvel to find a new artist for ANAD Blade.
>>
File: blade daughter.jpg (10 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
blade daughter.jpg
10 KB, 236x236
This is the new blade daugther look
>>
>>80917650
>>80920742

Faerbear did Killstrike for Boom Studios, and his art is rather cartoony and fun, perhaps not the right style for a Blade comic.
>>
>>80920834
I said new project, not past projects.
>>
>>80920756
but... that's just the artist's self portrait???
>>
>Marvel keeps putting black people only on black books
>they think another twitter/tumblr-book will succeed where ANAD twitter/tumblr books have all failed
>>
>>80910918
Damn, I was hoping Tim became DC exclusive.
>>
She's not a good artist, her work on "Genius" is fucking terrible , like doesn't know basic perspective terrible.

Unless she improved ten fold this is going to have Henderson tier art.
>>
>>80917559
And people are gonna buy black buffy?
>>
>>80910918

Is this that True Blood comic they've been meaning to make for a year now?
>>
>>80910918
Look her up, terrible artist. I assume she got the job because she's black and female.
>>
>>80922884
self insert :^)
>>
>>80911647
Honestly just read Carnage if you want your '70s Marvel horror fix.
>>
>>80917650
Marvel supposedly considered making the story into Blade 4 instead of a comic.
>>
>>80923006
But anon, she's a black woman. Why can you not appreciate the ~PROGRESS~?
>>
>>80910918
Much as I want a Blade book, this thing was supposed to come out 5 months ago and they're only now finding an artist for it.Just kill it.
>>
>>80924508
There was an artist before, they just got rid of him. Probably because of the backlash the book got when the team was revealed
>>
>>80922941
Nobody listens to ol Jim Owsley
>>
>>80924508
There was already an artist since the get-go. Considering it's coming out now that they have a new artist, he was presumably the problem.

Hopefully we still get Blade using that fuck-huge Larger Katana.
>>
>>80923006
What's so bad about it? She's nowhere near as bad as Henderson.
>>
>>80925872
No one?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.