[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toonz Software Used by Studio Ghibli and ‘Futurama’ Bein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: toonzsoftware-1280x600.jpg (174 KB, 1280x600) Image search: [Google]
toonzsoftware-1280x600.jpg
174 KB, 1280x600
Toonz Software Used by Studio Ghibli and ‘Futurama’ Being Made Free and Open Source

http://www.toonzpremium.com/#!news/aawrs
>>
>>80910748
RIP Flash.
>>
File: 1349922185004.png (130 KB, 293x360) Image search: [Google]
1349922185004.png
130 KB, 293x360
>>80910888
>RIP Flash.
>Cartoons will still be expensive and therfore few will make them.
>>
>>80910888
Flash has been dead for years. Most shitty animation is done in Toonboom these days.
>>
>>80910976

I'm optimistic. I might try my hand at animating myself now that I can get my hands on this tool.
>>
This doesn't mean you're gonna be making Ghibli animation any time soon. They draw their animation either on pen and paper or a tablet. Mostly the former.
>>
>>80913630
This.

Just because the tech is out there doesn't mean people who do cheap youtube flashes will be suddenly creating jaw dropping things.

Just means they have the capability to expand into such areas if they have that talent.
>>
File: The-Room.jpg (100 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
The-Room.jpg
100 KB, 640x359
>mfw Adobe Animate is dead on arrival.

Well, probably not but it's nice to have legal industry-level animating software for free, now people who want to learn how to animate don't have to go pirate stuff to learn in actual good software.
>>
>>80913856
Which you could argue they already had, since anyone can already do neat stuff with even just Flash.
>>
>>80914058
You don't need any fancy software to learn how to animate. It's like thinking you need some top-tier pro music software to learn how to compose.
>>
>>80914188
it certainly makes it easier
assuming the program doesnt have a big difficulty curve
Though you can animate in most drawing softwares now a days, and Kirta was already free and had those capabilities. But I assume Toonz will have some cool bellls and whistles
>>
>>80914188
you don't need fancy software, i agree, you can even learn to animate on paper (although that may be a bit more expensive) but most free software exclusively made for animation is shit and crashes a lot and as >>80917786 says, the learning curve may be easier.
>>
File: panty and stocking ending.gif (552 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
panty and stocking ending.gif
552 KB, 480x270
>>80910888

>RIP Flash.
>>
>>80917944
>THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN
>SHOW ENDED NO SEQUEL NO NOTHING!!
>>
>>80910748
Which episode was that?
>>
>>80910888
>>80917944
some people still use it for special reasons. i don't think it's gonna die anytime soon (or at least not its successor Animate)

https://vimeo.com/102103466
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.