[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to comic books,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: bat-god-jpg.jpg (308 KB, 546x792) Image search: [Google]
bat-god-jpg.jpg
308 KB, 546x792
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to comic books, but I know that the justice league become gods somehow because of darkseid. I really want to get into this specific plot line because it sounds so interesting, should I read all the way up to it from the beginning JL issues or is it okay to just go right into it from when the darkseid war starts?
>>
>>80909244
Read from Forever Evil onwards. From Trinity War, if you really wanna be thorough but I don't think it's necessary. I particularly never read it, so.
>>
>>80909244

You could literally just start at "Justice League: The Darkseid War"

Comics are divided into story arcs anon.
>>
>>80909474
Yeah, read Forever Evil and then Justice League from then on.

Strictly speaking, you do only need the Justice League issues for the Darkseid War, but it'd be helpful to at least have read Forever Evil.
>>
>>80909596
>>80909547
Not OP
so are they actually GODS in the sense that they have endless power? I know Batman got the *forgot name* chair allowing him to be like omnipresent and manipulate time n space.
>>
>>80909635
They are on the same power level of new gods.

Superman is the god of strength.

Flash is the god of death.

Shazam is the god of gods.

Green Lantern is the god of light.

The one shots go into more detail, the HC of them is released sometime next month.
>>
>>80909772
oh and Batman is essentially Metron.

God of Knowledge.
>>
>>80909635
yeah they became pretty powerful

and it was the Mobius Chair
>>
>>80909635
yeah they all got massive power upgrades
>>
File: 1487467324289.jpg (6 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1487467324289.jpg
6 KB, 225x224
>>80909772
>Shazam is the god of gods.
>>
File: SS.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>80909997
Pimpin' Gods ain't easy.
>>
>>80909635
Not at all, Johns is a joke when it comes to using gods.
Batman has done literally nothing.

>>80909244
It's a pretty shitty arc. Slow, pure decrompressed storytelling. Terrible characterization in general. But the art is 10/10
>>
Didn't GL give up his new powers or something?
>>
Wasn't there a rule where a person could just open a comic and not be extremely confused? All these arcs are going on at the same time do the opposite.
>>
>>80910927
>All these arcs are going on at the same time do the opposite.
OP is talking about one arc
>>
File: Forever_Evil_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg (873 KB, 1500x2304) Image search: [Google]
Forever_Evil_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg
873 KB, 1500x2304
OP here, I think I'll try the reading from forever evil and continuing from there. I've actually wanted to read that too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.