[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>muh mutants >muh inhumans why are they enemies again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10
File: CykeBB.jpg (111 KB, 707x513) Image search: [Google]
CykeBB.jpg
111 KB, 707x513
>muh mutants
>muh inhumans
why are they enemies again?
>>
Because Emperor Mouse has put them in the coliseum and only one may come out alive.
>>
Black Bolt and Cyclops would be such good buddies if they were on the same side.
>>
>>80901523
The Illuminati were super tight so BB couldn't forgive him for killing charles. Why else would they have beast join instead of Scott.
>>
>>80901825
Oh wow this actually kind of makes sense. Why else WOULD they have Beast?
>>
>>80901523
Because marvel wouldn't be able to do the Inhumans v X Men event later
>>
File: 1446375044549.png (35 KB, 149x179) Image search: [Google]
1446375044549.png
35 KB, 149x179
>>80901773
>tfw it will never be revealed that they faked Scott's death and he is the co-owner of the Quiet Room.
>>
>>80901523
Mutants are proof of God, that he has a better design than humans that would naturally occur. Inhumans are proof that there is no grand design and it's just the results of advanced beings tampering with us. It's the whole Atheist vs Religion thing all over again.
>>
>>80901881
>Scott and BB slamming a few beers together
>"Redheads man, am I right?"
>"Mhm"
>>
>>80901674
Blacks and Mexicans.
>>
>>80901523
mutants are a natural progression of human kind. inhumans are the result of a game genetic craps.
>>
Disney doesn't have the right to the X-Men
>>
>>80902393
That seems very arbitrary.
>>
>>80902851
mutants are born that way, inhumans are made
>>
>>80901523

They're competing for the same narrative niche.
>>
>>80901891
>Inhumans are proof that there is no grand design and it's just the results of advanced beings tampering with us
Except the part where mutants are the result of advanced beings tampering with us as well. Celestials created the X-gene, alongside creating Eternals and Deviants. Inhumans are just the Kree's attempt to reproduce the Celestials' experiments that created the Eternals.
>>
>>80905176
Wow this is true of the characters and the factions.
>>
>>80901523
they really didn't get into it yet in the comics, which is...like...super weird
they rebooted
and all the x-men hated cyclops
and the inhumans and mutants hate each other
everyone hates mutants, but not inhumans
but they haven't bothered saying why

I imagine they're just never going to. They'll just pretend that something big happened and that's why minorities always fight among themselves.
>>
>>80901523
Read Earth-X for your answer. Mutants were created to protect the celestial within Earth until it's finally born. Inhumans go "nah, fuck that. T-Bomb bitches!"
>>
File: bb.jpg (32 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
32 KB, 250x350
>>80901936
>Mhm
>>
>>80905602
>everyone hates mutants, but not inhumans
The problem with the marvel universe in general.
>>
>>80905720
I honestly think they're just going to use "that event" as a reason from now on, without ever expanding upon what it was.

"You know why we hate mutants, how could you forget what Cyclops did?"
"Oh, right, yeah. But Inhumans.."
"Right, because of what Medusa did."
"THAT! Of course."
>>
>>80905720
Inhumans aren't murdering towns and cities every other minute
>>
>>80904359
Aren't Celestials responsible for Mutants existing?
>>
File: hi.jpg (126 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
126 KB, 750x400
>>80905720
>>
>>80905799
They literally poisoned the entire world.
>>
>>80905930
Mist is harmless unless you're a filthy mugga
>>
>>80905930
We do that every day anon. Inhumans really need to step up their game.
>>
>>80901523
Same reason Asians can be racist against different kinds of Asians.
What, you think they'd get along because they're superficially similar? That's unrealistic.
>>
>>80905602
>everyone hates mutants, but not inhumans
Those Australians hated Inhumans, and from what I can most humans can't tell the difference between a mutant and an Inhuman. Plus the Inhumans cheat.
>>
>>80905930
The Marvel Universe has been dealing with mutant terrorists since before they even knew about mutants (thanks Namor), and have ALWAYS had a PR problem. Also Sublime was subconsciously influencing humanity to fear and hate mutants.

On the other hand, inhumans prior to the T-Bomb pretty much only lived in Attilan, barring the inactive ones spread among humanity, a secret civilization that revealed themselves around the same time, but kept to themselves off in the Himalayas, or the moon, or Hala.

When humans think of mutants, they think of Magneto. When humans think of Inhumans, they think of Black Bolt. One is a terrorist that seeks to subjugate humanity and the other is a king of a sovereign nation that, if provoked, would split the planet in two by yelling. You want to get rid of one and not bother the other.

Plus, Attilan has better overall PR than the various warring factions and constantly changing elligences of mutants. I mean seriously, how many mutant super-villains joined the X-men? Fucking Magneto himself has been calling himself an X-man off and on for decades.
>>
>>80907131
The powers in the Marvel U would absolutely want to get rid of both of those.
>>
>>80905799
Doesn't matter. Do you honestly think that the average person knows (or cares to know) the difference between a mutant an inhuman? Or a super powered person and a mutant for that matter? I've always said that mutants make the Marvel universe not make any sense.
>>
>>80901773
I have this horrible headcanon that Reader is Scott Summers who's sense of history and self got f*ked up royally and is now an inhuman.
>>
>>80901523
Why the gay poses...do they go full Jazz hands next?
>>
>>80905542
>Celestials
>>God
>>>Missing the point THIS HARD
>>
>>80910030
God that's terrible anon, first the timing is impossible, Readers powers, and history. Probably would give the x-fags xorn flashbacks too.
The patrician headcannon is that Scott is a hybrid.
>>
>>80901523
They're not, they're the same damn thing just with different names, and until the casuals stop being the new target audience, that's how things are gonna be...

So stop trying to tell us they're any different!
>>
>>80911596
Where did Reader first pop up? The AoS show doesn't count since its not 616/U-8.

And if its UIH, that was after SW and where shit gets weird.
>>
>>80905854
This is true.

I'm all for putting the X-Men in their own universe, but I don't think that's an option anymore.
>>
>>80911681
Reader's never been on AoS.
>>
>>80911681
Inhuman chapter four. Back when people outside of the Illuminati still thought black bolt was dead.
>>
>>80901864

Genius level intellect?
>>
>>80912980
They already have Reed, t'challa, and tony
>>
>>80901825
>The Illuminati were super tight

They really weren't. Just people of immense power making decisions for everyone else.

>>80901864
>>80912980
>>80914032
>Why else WOULD they have Beast?

Xavier choose him as his replacement. Hidden memory activated when he read a phrase on card.
>>
>>80901825
Beast has always hated being a mutant, he was trying to find a cure for himself for years and from Avengers to Defenders to Secret Avengers to Inhumans, he just wants to be on a non-mutant team.
Plus he hated Rightclops before and more than the Inhumans.
Why wouldn't he join the group responsible for mutant-killing death-clouds?
>>
File: Giantsize1.jpg (118 KB, 300x466) Image search: [Google]
Giantsize1.jpg
118 KB, 300x466
>>80901523

because Fox won't let go of the X-men and instead of trying to take advantage of free advertising for their comics Marvel has a bee up their but about it
>>
>>80914032
Reed's off making multiverses, Black Panther's got a nation to manage, Tony's an asshole.
None of these other geniuses fit.
Plus there's going to be an upcoming X vs Inhumans and there's got to be traitors in that storyline to make it more dramatic.
>>
>>80917993
>Beast has always hated being a mutant, he was trying to find a cure for himself for years and from Avengers to Defenders to Secret Avengers to Inhumans

You know I have to say I always felt bad for Beast. He's constantly surrounded by sexy rich people with god like powers talking about how awesome it is to be a mutant.

I mean I guess Kurt wasn't too better off either but he could at least teleport
>>
>>80901523
How about this?
Mutants didn't choose to have freaky powers,
Inhumans choose to have freaky powers.
Inhumans see their passage through the mists as a cultural and religious experience to be proud of and celebrate,
Mutants see the emergence of their mutations as dangerous and isolating in a cruel and unwelcoming world.
Mutants are an evolutionary advance of nature's trial and error set into motion at the very beginning of life on Earth,
Inhuman's are the product of Kree colonists experimenting with exotic mutagenics and crossbreeding with native Earthlings.
Inhumans see themselves as culturally, technologically, spiritually, and physically superior to humans,
Mutants are seen as untrustworthy, grotesque, dangerous, murderous, manipulative, and just plain weird by Humans.

And these two groups have superficially identical traits.

Also, The Inhumans' mists being released into the atmosphere are killing mutants and The Inhumans don't care because they've never been doing better, while Cyclops as the single-most recognizable mutant today was understood to have suicide attacked The Inhumans like some sort of mad dog terrorist killing-machine in mutant form.
>>
File: wither.jpg (16 KB, 184x433) Image search: [Google]
wither.jpg
16 KB, 184x433
>>80918448
>Mutants see the emergence of their mutations as dangerous

Then why do they throw out any chance of a cure they get?
>>
>>80918448
Who else would bet good money on Cyclops having been framed when the whole story finally gets told?
>>
>>80901523
They should team up with Daredevil
>>
File: 1457060575085.jpg (42 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1457060575085.jpg
42 KB, 848x480
>>80918472
Who said that the greatest threat to them comes from their mutations?
>>
>>80907131
>Sublime
>Not Shadow King
Kill yourself painfully
Also, Morrison sucks cocks for a living
>>
File: 1456420438292.png (159 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
1456420438292.png
159 KB, 400x304
>>80918504
>>
>>80918606
Well, the job pays well.
>>
>>80918671
Yup, although Morrison got bald because of that
>>
>>80912980
A good seventy percent of superheroes have been described as that at some point
>>
>>80911528
You have no point.
>>
>>80909309

To be fair, bigotry itself doesn't make sense.
>>
>>80901523
They don't have the same muh, obviously.

>>80918737
And Scott isn't one of them.
>>
>>80911528
They are agents of Fulcrum aka TOAA aka Kirby aka God

So, yeah.
>>
>>80901523
because marvel doesn't own the rights to mutants in movies

that's what all of this is about, you are lying to yourself if you try to rationalize it.

It is a calculated business move to replace mutants with inhumans because marvel can't make fat stacks off of mutants as long as Sony owns the movie rights and fox owns the cartoon rights.

That is all this is. Don't waste your time and energy buying into the philosophical standards of either side while marvel cannibalizes itself in order to fuck over competing companies
>>
Black Bolt isn't the leader of Inhumans anymore, but he does maintain a high level of respect among the population and can be considered one of the leaders. Meanwhile every X-man hates Cyclops for no reason and have ostracized him to a corner of the world, so he has no say in any of the current X-men decisions, it's all their fault, not his.
>>
>>80920129
So bigotry against pedophiles doesn't make sense. Okay.
>>
>>80918448
But the Inhumans are the only people helping with the mist
>>
Why did Soule's Uncanny Inhumans go to complete shit after just 5 issues?
>>
>>80905966
It's lethal to anyone that isn't an inhuman. Diluting it so much in the atmosphere seems to have prevented everyone from spontaneously breaking out into mutations. The entire planet is going to have cancer in a few decades.
>>
File: boltagon wins LOL.png (658 KB, 1040x1008) Image search: [Google]
boltagon wins LOL.png
658 KB, 1040x1008
>>80921498
I like it.
I have been enjoying BB's antics. Brandon Peterson has to stop though.
>>
I liked the last new Inhumans in China more than the last Uncanny Inhumans.
Even though the art looked amateurish.

The first arc of Uncanny Inhumans was great, but the last issues feel like "lets meet these uninspired inhumans we created in half an hour of brainstorming instead of years of natural franchise growth" filler.
>>
>>80901523
Are they? What happened to the good old days when the X-Men just fought their rogues gallery? It's not like they don't have a good one.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.