[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Good Dinosaur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 817x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 817x1200
What did /co/ think about this movie?
>>
I liked it. It was a nice small story. I'd easily put it above a well-received but pointless prequel like MU.

It is a bit funny that they made all these toys for characters that don't even exist in the movie, though.
>>
>>81843567
I want to fuck that dinosaur.
>>
I like it. It is a visual delight- the backgrounds and natural effects are gorgeous, and the animation is really a wonder- watching the T-Rex's "gallop" is really funny, to me. It plays with, and in some ways subverts, the standard "boy and his dog" movie in some ways that make the movie a lot more emotionally engaging. It picks a decidedly slower pace, and because of that almost feels more like an early Disney movie than something that come out since the 90s- I like this, but I think it has drawn the ire of audiences, and its certainly not for everyone.

For all that, it is one of the lesser Pixar films, but I still maintain that a "bad" Pixar film is better than a lot of other studio's standard output, even though Disney and Dreamworks have been upping their game over the past half-decade.
>>
>>81843567
Inferior of the two Pixar movies released in 2015.
>>
Props to the crew for making the injuries Arlo suffers feel very painful. It's a far more visceral experience than one would expect from such a rounded character design.
>>
>>81843567
The Good Dinosaur was.... good.
>>
>>81844558
He bruises up good.
>>
>>81843567
Boring and generic as shit. I still wanted to fuck the mom.
>>
File: 1457739923946.png (609 KB, 668x501) Image search: [Google]
1457739923946.png
609 KB, 668x501
>>81843567
>>
Really good art direction
>>
>>81843567
Pretty alright. Not the best pixar has put out, but not bad.
>>
>>81843567
The Good Dinosaur? More like
I forgot the punch line...
>>
I didn't realize this movie came out until long after the fact,. Most people I've brought the subject up with haven't seen it or haven't even heard of it.
>>
I'll applaud any animated film where the protagonist states out loud his desire to kill a small human child.
>>
>>81843567
good movie but the cartoon eyes on Dino don't work with me
>>
it's just good

what really bothers me is how generic and predictable the storyline is, doesn't feel like Pixar or maybe it's modern Pixar
>>
the plot was bad. but it looked absolutely stunning. I mean the background, holy shit.
>>
>>81843567
It was okay. I hate the character design. Animating the T-Rexes as if they were both horse and rider was pretty neat. Really generic story really.
>>
>>81845096
It was super generic
I couldn't watch more than 20 minutes because I felt I could say the character's lines before they could
>>
I haven't seen it but it just seems very uninspired.
>>
>>81843567
One of the best tech demos of all time.
And this tech demo was feature length and had a wide release.
People only watched it for the graphics rather than the story since the story was too simple and generic.

Inside Out is where it's at. The story was great and so are the graphics.
>>
File: 1444330223285.jpg (17 KB, 460x322) Image search: [Google]
1444330223285.jpg
17 KB, 460x322
>>81843567
>really fucking good environments
>terrible choices for the dinosaur designs
>two horribly clashing aesthetics
>I don't care about Arlo at all
>it's just the wild west + dinosaurs and somehow nothing interesting is done with it
>story has some serious tonal clashing with the pterosaurs
>those are the worst raptors I have ever seen in my life
>Arlo's arc and the plot are extremely paint-by-the-numbers
>Arlo's family is probably still doomed so his character growth is pointless
>experience is retroactively worsted when I find out about executive meddling doing away with more interesting plot points
>>
>>81843567
It was purty.
>>
I was just thinking about this, the second the fucking dinosaurs starting talking I realized it wasn't going to be a great immersion filled adventure with the insane visuals and expressive story telling. instead a sappy children's story that slightly went off the beaten path 8/10 slightly worse than inside out and much worse than zootopia.
>>
it was okay, but bad for a pixar film. too bland and predictable. the character designs are probably the weakest point of the film.
>>
>>81844987
Yeah evidently I'm weird or saying that in movie theaters but people on screen could curb stomp as many babies as they want.
>>
They must have spent all their entire writing budget rendering that Wyoming environment, because god damn.
>>
File: i dont know.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
i dont know.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>81843567
It was a boy and his dog film. What I didn't understand, what I could never understand, was why they always do the "be with your own kind" bullshit. They could have easily had the kid live with the dinosaurs and be his dog. They didn't have to fuck it all up by having the kid go live with a bunch of random ass cave people.

Other than that, I thought it was decent.
>>
It was alright. Plot was adequate if not particularly inspired. Character designs were kind of odd against the background visuals but it was fine. My god, the background visuals. Holy shit those landscapes. That fucking grass blowing in the fucking wind what the fuck that grass looks amazing.

...yeah, if I watched it a second time it'd be solely to look at the visuals.

This thread seems to be a lot more positive about the film compared to a few months ago, by the way.
>>
>>81843567
The grand vistas made me want to drop everything and go hiking.

Plus the tripping balls scene was triple-A.
>>
Me and a friend kept asking ourselves two questions, 'Is that real life footage?' and 'Why are the character designs so lame when they can do environments so well?'
>>
terrible. Slow, boring, depressing, empty, hallow, soulless, predictable, cliche garbage.

Newt got canceled for being too similar to Rio, yet they shoveled this shit out? Fucking idiots.
>>
Worse than Disney's dinosaur desu
>>
I thought it was really good, very underrated movie in my opinion. The beginning was a bit heavy handed with its message (seriously, try to count how often they say MAKE YOUR MARK or GET THROUGH YOUR FEAR) but after that I thought it was great. It's just a simple coming-of-age story, but its simplicity was really refreshing to me for some reason.
The soundtrack was also amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0tcrafmFsc
>>
>>81843567
It was disappointing imo. I'm not heartless, it made me cry. But, I just wasn't engaged by it. My family and friends hyped it up so much, saying it was the best movie they had seen in a long time and what not. It just didn't click I guess. The acid trip made me wonder why I allowed my family to put on the movie in the first place.
>>
>>81843567

Mediocre at best.

The character designs are super cartoony and don't fit with the hyper realistic background and animals. The designs themselves are awful with eyes as large as the entire head or designs so awkward they don't even look like the characters can move properly.

The villain is a complete mess of a character who shows up once, dissapears for an hour, then shows up again out of nowhere because you need a villain at the end.

The plot goes nowhere and loops around for no reason. Arlo gets lost down the river TWICE. His father's death is his own fault and that's never really addressed. He's counted as having made his mark despite the fact that he didn't actually do anything to serve his family. Side characters drift in and out without contributing much.

The setting is bizarre and your generic calartsian melodrama about a midwestern family and a kid who dreams of *something more*. Except this is dinosaurs in the caveman age so a bunch of brontosaruses farming corn for half an hour is the worst possible use of dinosaurs in cinema(I timed it, they really do spend half a fucking hour going over how a bunch of brontosaruses farm corn for a living before doing anything else).
>>
>>81850012
Great score indeed, that and the overall movie really surprised me. The awkward sequence of events made it feel like a children's book. Shame almost everyone felt either distaste or indifference, I think the movie would gain more appreciation if less people watched it expecting another Pixar cutout. much better than zootopia too
>>
>>81850097
Character design is mostly subjective, I liked the designs.

Movies should spend less time on villains as they've been overdone and actually serve to be too clear of an enemy. I love when movies have no clear enemy to blame for every negative event as in this movie where the villains are only passing bandits.

This is related to previous, it's unclear. If you're thinking about who's at fault for his dad's death(arlo, the boy, nature) then the movie's doing it right.

>The setting is both bizarre and generic
that's a a paradox, also
>timing a movie
ok
>>
>>81843567
I feel it would had been loved by the public and critics if it had come out around Finding nemo's time frame
>>
The T rex family made the movie for me
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.