[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
podcasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: micro.jpg (4 MB, 5600x4200) Image search: [Google]
micro.jpg
4 MB, 5600x4200
Are there any good /co/ related podcasts?

Please don't just name drop, write some description.
>>
>>80897627
Bumping for interest.
Also looking for something. No stormfagging or reddit-tier shit humour
>>
The sad reality is that there are very few cape-focused podcasts that aren't done by casual morons or autistic morons. The only one I listen to is House to Astonish, which is focused primarily on the X-Men and Marvel.

The other podcast I listen to is SILENCE! which is done by some ex-Barbelith Underground people, where most of the best Hypercrisis annotations came from. The two guys are a little weird and have a taste for anti-humor that a lot of people won't get but they're very smart and well read, they just focus on indie comics over capes by a lot. There's this one ultra pretentious guy who comes on some episodes who is pretty annoying but he doesn't show up that often.

Aside from that everything I've tried has been shitty YouTube celeb-tier cancer focused on pounding off to the latest crossover event.
>>
>>80897627
Sleepycabin
>>
Pizza Party Podcast
>>
Comics Conspiracy
They are a bit DC heavy, and talk about anything relating to comics. The dude who runs it owns a comic shop so its cool to get a that perspective. Every month they talk about the previous months sales.
>>
>>80898333
>Please don't just name drop, write some description.
>>
>>80898323
>Sleepycabin
>Please don't just name drop, write some description.
>>
Is Justin Roilands podcast still alive?
>>
Sleepycabin

They just did a podcast about creepypasta and wrote their own bullshit one live, it was great
>>
File: audiodramasprof.jpg (3 MB, 1025x5000) Image search: [Google]
audiodramasprof.jpg
3 MB, 1025x5000
>>
File: audiodramasfan.jpg (919 KB, 1079x1828) Image search: [Google]
audiodramasfan.jpg
919 KB, 1079x1828
>>
http://journeyintoit.com/podcasts-1/
Heard about them through my LCS's newsletter. They started out a few weeks ago, but they're going to cover ALL of Thor. They cover 3 issues each ep, are very comprehensive, and know their stuff.
>>
File: audiodramasold.jpg (2 MB, 1079x3474) Image search: [Google]
audiodramasold.jpg
2 MB, 1079x3474
>>
>>80900005
>>80899980
>>80899957
Thanks. Not exactly podcasts but audio plays are probably fun too.
>>
>>80900214
Well some of them are podcasts, just audio play podcasts.
>>
Talkin' Toons, maybe?

Rob Paulsen gives tips on voice acting, though I honestly ignore those episodes and focus on ones where he has other voice actors on and they shoot the shit for a while and answer questions.
>>
File: majorspoilersLOGO2012.png (154 KB, 260x150) Image search: [Google]
majorspoilersLOGO2012.png
154 KB, 260x150
Major Spoilers podcast is probably my favorite. They generally know what they are taliking about and record good quality audio.
They are also pretty good for avoiding spoilers
>>
Animated Anarchy!
Andrew Dickman (Phelous.com, Electronic Heroes, a animator from Lunatics Unleashed) and Mike Ruocco (storyboard artist for Wabbit) watch and discuses animated movie from good and bad. They just did one on Disney's Sword in the Stone. And minisodes on Kung Fu Panda 3 and a tweety bird cartoon.
>>
Completely Unnecessary Podcast with Pat the NES Punk

Pat his friend Ian talk about video game news, retro gaming news, pop culture, and wrestling
>>
File: 1422293934148.jpg (44 KB, 251x234) Image search: [Google]
1422293934148.jpg
44 KB, 251x234
>Go to listen to Sleepycabin because I like Zach, Chris and Stamper
>Its just a bunch of guys shouting over each other about dicks, shit and farting
>tfw I just wanted a funny podcast about animation
>>
File: DV3812xV.png (24 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
DV3812xV.png
24 KB, 256x256
>>80897627
Jersey Comic Krew. They are a comic podcast that talk about relatively anything cape related with comics.

They are pretty good at worst and entertaining at best. They know their shit which is more than I can say about other podcasts I've tried.
>>
Screen Junkies Movie Fights!

Screen Junkies gang fight over movie topics.
That pretty much it.
>>
Trends Like These
Brentalfloss and his friend discuses trending news.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmuJEEaKjHo
>>
Pizza Party Podcast
>It started with 3 dudes but soon recruited Jim from knockforce who is very knowledgeable about movies
>Usual setup is News/Tangent/Main topic/questions
>Somewhat profane
>Usually pretty funny
>Usually an hour but sometimes two
>>
How is:
The TeamFourStar podcast
The Gilbert Gottfried podcast
>>
you could do the opposite and listen to the super best friend cast

funny dudes, but they state their thoughts and opinions as indisputable facts alot, especially pat

it also doesn't help that 3 of them are legit marveldrones, and their only knowledge of comics comes from on of them, whos a super marveldrone who only read comics during the extreme era and only liked them for like 4-8 years
>>
>>80898333
Fuck off pan
>>
>>80904544
also they are wrong about literally everything when it comes to anything thats not video games or very basic introductionary psychology

and even when talking about video games they are often extremely wrong about things that aren't news or an extremely niche type of game
>>
>>80899957
I appreciate this list. Neverwhere was great
>>
The weekly planet

Two idiots who talk conics n shit. Yea
>>
War Rocket Ajax which is Chris Sims and Matt Wilson interviewing someone in comics. /co/ would hate it though it used to be hosted on ComicsAlliance to give you an idea.

Images Official Podcast which is one of Images editors interviewing a creator. They spend like 30 minutes talking about the creators work and 30 minutes talking about something non-comics that the creator is into. Like Orlando talked about Virgil and how he likes food from all over the world or Skottie Young talking about I Hate Fairyland and hip hop

I'll sometimes drop in for episodes of like >>80898248

and Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is supposed to be solid and they just had Claremont on so I'll probably listen to some of that
>>
Kieron Gillen's podcast Decompressed is good, they talk about theory and making conics with a lot of pros.

Anyone know of any others that are about the guts of the medium?
>>
>>80905315
mahnigga.bmp
>>
>>80899513
Grandma's Virginity?
Nah, they came out with a episode this January and Jackie and Ryan were talking about how down they are to bring it back, but Justin didn't seem too interested in the idea.

It's still pretty good for relistens though.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.