[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PetPeeves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: smallville-135054.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
smallville-135054.jpg
172 KB, 1024x768
Tv related in particular.

When they bend over backwards to avoid saying the hero's or villains titles, usually starts with several episodes (or seasons) where the hero has not picked a name yet, so he gets synonyms like the blur, the vigilante, Streak, The devil etc, but is seldom addressed in person as such either.

Added to this is that the hero usually just works with (or against) people he knows on a first name basis.
Badguy titles are usually just cute nicknames, played for laughs but again, name basis.

Funny enough it seems mostly isolated to series, movies are usually more straight forward.
>>
Counterpoint: Barry was Flash by episode 6 and your pic related was just it own special Hell
>>
>>80894807
Oh yeah OP, this is super annoying. Like the TV show is ashamed of being a superhero show. Fuck them.
>>
>>80894807
To be fair it's a really awkward thing to have brought up in a show/movie, it just breaks the 4th wall howver you do it.
>it's like we're some sort of Suicide Squad
>>
>>80894807
Even though Flash is guilty of this, Cisco naming all the bad guys was a pretty cool thing that made up for it.
>>
>It was a man in a mask!
>With a suit!
>>
Yeah Flash was fresh breeze, only wish they'd be a little more careful with calling him Barry in public or the radio.
>>
>>80898196
>The Masked Suit has been seen again in many witness reports
>>
>>80898196
We shall call him Suitmask!
>>
File: file.jpg (227 KB, 381x517) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
227 KB, 381x517
>we're iron mongers, Tony
>the result could be... An abomination
>it was like this big... hulk

I love when these become so forced it would actually be less cheesy to just call them by their codename.
>>
>>80898375
Why is he whispering?
>>
when it takes long to get to the final costume
>>
>>80898590
What's done this?
>>
It is annoying. I think it's a comic book movies are still trying to have a sense of realism, instead of embracing the dumb.
>>
File: Untitled.png (109 KB, 706x1000) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
109 KB, 706x1000
>The vigilante should be named [Vigilante's actual title]
>Vigil out of disguise: nah i dont like it
>>
>Daredevil show
>Doesn't get to actually be Daredevil until the last 15 minutes of a 13-hour season
>>
>>80898450
It could be another language
<> hooks can mean a lot of things in comics
>>
>>80902511
I considered that much, but in another language who probably wouldn't say "bizarre-ohh"
He'd say something else-ohh
>>
>>80900304

Daredevil, though most people really wish they never got there at all.
>>
>>80902080
>Punisher show
>Doesnt show up until season 2
>>
>>80901503
>is it le too late to change le name xD

Fuck Ant Man
>>
File: 1437973878288.jpg (141 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1437973878288.jpg
141 KB, 500x333
>>80901503
I really liked Arrow S1, but that scene was so anoying
>>
>>80903415
These scenes were only in trailers.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.