[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What show would you make, /CO/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: Ali-Baba-Bunny-10.jpg (296 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ali-Baba-Bunny-10.jpg
296 KB, 1480x1080
You;ve just been offered the opportunity to make the biggest cartoon in Western History, 7 52 episode seasons each with a $500,000 budget.

You can go nowhere above TV-14, and the show will air on a major network.

You can hire whoever you can afford, and defer creative decisions to whoever you wish.

What do you do? adapt some other material into a cartoon? get a sequel to a previously cancelled cartoon? have some visionary create his own work, and just be happy to sit there and watch? try to push your fetish however you can?
>>
I'd probably try to push my super autistic cartoon original character ideas. 364 episodes sure is a lot tho, I think I'd probably jump the shark after season 4.
>>
>>80894041
what are said ideas? a man who flies from pocket spaghetti?
>>
>>80893953
replying to myself because fuck you

I;d do a Marvel ANthology show, mostly focusing on different characters every episode but including story arcs and recurring characters that usually end in an epic 4-12 part season finale.

That said, I think IRL it would become boring or repetitive unless I really distinguished the various characters who get focus in different episodes
>>
>>80894113
Don't mock flying pocket spaghetti man, his power is maximum.
>>
File: the wizard.jpg (16 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
the wizard.jpg
16 KB, 500x281
create the spiritual successor to duck dodgers using the wizard setting
>>
>>80893953
Where did you get this picture of me?
>>
>>80894297
That's what you get for posting nudes online senpai
>>
>>80894254
you really think it could last that long?
>>
>>80893953
Bane Posting: The CIA Chronicles
>>
I'm going to rotoscope CSPAN video of congress.

Then create new original comedic dialog of what they are discussing.

It'll look like Dr. Katz/Home Movies too.
>>
>>80894351
i dont care, i need me some more wizard
>>
>>80893953
Something simple and formulaic that won't earn me much cred artistically but will make me rich as fuck. That or I just embezzle all the money and move out of country.
>>
>>80894358
130 hours of baneposting, you say?

I'd at least watch the first season
>>
File: 1350106116422.jpg (49 KB, 479x355) Image search: [Google]
1350106116422.jpg
49 KB, 479x355
>>80893953
>Put John K in control of it
>He spends the entire budget for all seven seasons on a single episode
>That episode never gets finished
>Watch the world burn

Serious answer: I'd make a high fantasy/adventure cartoon that takes place in a futuristic setting but has magic and sword users in addition to the technology. Ongoing plot with each season having a different main villain.
>>
>>80894534
Thundarr remake?
>>
File: 1447299437164.gif (2 MB, 330x225) Image search: [Google]
1447299437164.gif
2 MB, 330x225
Poor people doing poor people shit from the perspective of someone who's actually been around poor people.

It would make a literal mountain of cash since people eat that kind of thing up.
>>
>>80894358
>>80894533
The longer such a show would go, the more surreal it would get until it surpasses Doom Patrol and Xavier: Renegade Angel.
>>
>>80894618
you can only get so surreal before you cross back around and become coherent.
>>
>>80893953
I'd make a canon Avatar sequel without Bryke's involvement.
>>
>>80894684
what would it be about? if you have no ideas, who would you hire as your idea man?
>>
File: f.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1280) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1280
>>80893953
I'd just try to make the best cartoon possible and show that animation has potential to be better than what it is right now and that they don't have to just be comedy. Get good art, good animation, good music and good worldbuilding.
>>
>>80894566
So basically Lucky from King of the Hill - the Spinoff?
>>
>>80894759
what would it be about, tho?
>>
>>80893953
second idea because fuck you even more then that time.

I pull a "Justice League" and make 26 44 minute episodes per season, all of which usually contain 5 shorts.

I call it "the Hannah Barbera Adventure Hour", and revamp the Herculoids, Dinosaur Kid, Mighty Mightor, Space Ghost, The Galaxy Trio, Kazann, Johnny Quest,

And lesser apepanrances from the likes of Moby Dick Tom and Tub, Dinomutt, Captain Planet,a nd a few others; appearing in sigificantly fewer episodes

basically, it would start as more or less unconnected adventures slowly making it clear how their the same universe, crossing over from time to time until it becomes clear that this is one epic story taking place across millennia of time and light-years of space.
>>
File: tumblr_m7e6t7Of0Y1ru22woo1_1280.jpg (804 KB, 1280x1866) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7e6t7Of0Y1ru22woo1_1280.jpg
804 KB, 1280x1866
>>80894777
It would be more like an animated Habits or MMO but with an actual story to tell and human characters. Would work well as either TV 14 or TV MA and with a bigass budget like that have excellent visual and BGM aesthetics.
>>
File: PexWJj0.jpg (119 KB, 1000x598) Image search: [Google]
PexWJj0.jpg
119 KB, 1000x598
>>80894818
I gotta go on a road trip soon so I'll just dump what I can. Not really done figuring shit out though.

I'm thinking an ATLA style adventure.
>Art style uses rich dark colors instead of washed out pastel.
>Setting is fantasy, but in a more modern time.
>Generic fantasy races (Dwarves Orcs Elves Humans) are all on one part of the map, the rest are more unique and not just animal people.
>Cultures aren't flatly derivative, but aren't unrecognizable either. (Thick foresty Europe place with all the generic fantasy races is heavily themed on asian history and culture.)
>Focuses on unique environments. Places where fire grows like grass or where the trees are so thick that the creatures there have transparent skin.

4 main characters
>Paladin-like prince from the northern deserts. Personality is pretty spicy and hammy, starts as kind of an asshole but mellows out over the series. Wields a wooden sword that he sets on fire when shit gets serious. Dresses in long flowing white robes and a featureless golden mask. Seeks to prove and reinvent himself.
>Artificially created bodyguard from a colossal city way out in the sea. Excitable and cutesy, but also stupid and very direct. Has a giant fucking mace that's like one of those tesla ball things on the end. Wears a mix of more modern clothes and armor. Just wants to keep everybody safe.
>spooky anorexic lady
>hippie wizard

gtg last two are WIP anyways, hope you get what im going for
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.