[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other thank Frank Miller, who handled Daredevil best as a character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 632453324324.jpg (169 KB, 588x783) Image search: [Google]
632453324324.jpg
169 KB, 588x783
Other thank Frank Miller, who handled Daredevil best as a character?
>>
>>80892538
Mark Waid
>>
>>80892538
Bendis
>>
The Ann Nocenti run is the only other one I like
>>
>>80892563
"daresplaning"
>>
WaidDevil is the best interpretation of DD, among a sea of people attempting to recreate the grimdarkness that Miller introduced into Matt Murdocks character Mark Waid stood tall and brought Daredevil back from that and introduced a modern, sleek style of writing to the character that didn't rely on masturbating over the gritty corpse of Frank Miller. Bendis, Brubaker, Nocenti, Diggle and others all failed alongside Miller when it came to writing captivating stories. They replaced well done writing with needless edge and assumed the reader would blindly accept it, and they were right for the reader is itself generally not a smart person. But Mark Waid came along and changed that, what he and one of the greatest modern comics artist, Chris Samnee, did on his Daredevil is nothing short of a masterpiece. He brought life into a corpse desecrated by creators past and did so in a way that will stand the test of time longer than those which preceded it.
>>
Nocenti or Bendis
>>
>>80892563
>>80892584
>>80892611

These are all accurate/obvious answers... I'll throw Kevin Smith's name in the ring as well, Fuck it.
>>
>>80892664
Is this pasta?
>>
File: Jonathan Hickman.jpg (43 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
Jonathan Hickman.jpg
43 KB, 640x460
>>
Waid got bad after the relaunch, but the first volume is amazing, often godly. Rivera, Martin and then Samnee all top talent. Great work with Spot/Coyote.
>>
>>80892751
Amazing reestablishing classic villains a genuine threats in the vain of The Gauntlet of tASM series.
>>
>>80892901
>Amazing reestablishing classic villains a genuine threats

Except the Spot wasn't a threat, it was Coyote a brand new character who was just The Spot, but better
>>
It's amazing how good the Bendis run was considering how terrible he is today.
>>
Bendis and Nocenti.

Seriously. Say whatever you gotta say about Bendis. His most recent street-level books are shit. But holy mother fucker, he sure was one of the best street level writers in history of comics. His Daredevil run is one of the few things in industry coming near to Miller's run. He even topped that in few occasions.

End of Days is one of my favorite comic books.
>>
>>80893829
Did you forget the whole part where Spot turned into a fucking many-angeled one?
>>
>>80892678
I'm ok with this. Guardian Devil was a good arc that set up important shit later on while still having DD rub shoulders with the greater MU all the while focusing on him as a character
>>
>>80894541
Nocenti's DD is my absolute favorite and Typhoid Mary is my favorite DD rogue. Though she did occasionally make Matt a little preachy for my taste. Plus, it had JRjr (inked by Al Williamson!) before his style devolved into the garbage it is today.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.