[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why must it have to use shitty 3D animation, and why did the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Why must it have to use shitty 3D animation, and why did the crew stubbornly refuse to use wellknown bat-villians, specifically the joker?
>>
>>80884101
It's called restraint.
>>
>>80884101
>Why must it have to use shitty 3D animation

WB was pushing for CGI shows at that time. They didn't have too much of a choice in that matter.

>and why did the crew stubbornly refuse to use wellknown bat-villians, specifically the joker?

Because they wanted to try out something genuinely new and refreshing with the Batman franchise rather than just force feeding the same damn tales over and over. Especially with the Joker, the most overrated comic book character of all time. Fuck the Joker.

Besides, we did get some of the classic rogues like Ra's al Ghul, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, and Two-Face, and they were setting up to have Penguin in the next season. They were using them, but in important or different roles rather than just Villain of the Week.
>>
>>80884171
>Especially with the Joker, the most overrated comic book character of all time. Fuck the Joker.
You have no idea how much i want to punch your teeth out right now.
>>
>>80884258

Cool your tits, Hot Topic.
>>
>>80884258
You must be 18 years or older to post on 4chan.
>>
>>80884171
>>80884271
>>80884290
>not liking the joker
And you shittaste plebs call yourselves comic fans.
>>
>>80884319
There's a difference between not liking him and not wanting him to be shoved in every damn story ever.
>>
>>80884337
I can agree with that statement, but they seem to outright hate the character. Also, they should never have an entire series without the joker. Just played down a bit, and maybe not the pinnacle villian in it.
>>
File: beware the batman rain.gif (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
beware the batman rain.gif
2 MB, 1280x720
>>80884101
>shitty 3D animation
In all fairness, the models were shit but the animation itself was pretty solid. Action scenes had weight and were visceral, and the cg allowed for much more creative directing decisions than 2D animation would allow.

These play to some of the show's greatest strengths. It's easily the most well shot batman show, and also has by far the best fight choreography.

Though again, the models and character design aren't very good (though the textures were really nice). It's impressive how much effort they put into building a complete Gotham City, but unfortunately it didn't have much in the way of character. It felt very generic, cold, and lifeless, and a big part of that was not having the budget to properly populate the streets and environments.

All in all though, the directing and fight choreography, as well as things like writing and characterization, more than made up for the flaws, in my opinion at least.
>>
>>80884171
Yeah, it's not like they were outright banned, but they wanted to test out a bunch of new characters first.

So eventually we would've gotten Joker and such, maybe even with some cool buildup.
>>
>>80884454
Yeah, introducing the joker with some huild up wouldve been fucking awsome. I wish they just made the "new" characters, actually act like their comic book counterparts. I know they couldnt have pyg butcher people outright on a kids show, but he could still have dollotrons with some mental fuckery and what not.
>>
I loved this show. Was so sad when it ended.
>>
>>80884101
Because fans demanded it...Not the 3D bit, but Batman: Brave and the Bold got cancelled because it was too "campy" and not enough dark, grim or gritty.
>>
I will be completely honest, I liked asshole Harvey Dent and would've loved to see more of him.
Sure it kind of ruins the personality duality Two-Face has going for him, but it's an interesting take on a character.
>>
>>80884491
The dollotrons got replaced with turning people into animal-human abominations, like Man-bat. The problem is that they took too long setting it up, so he didn't actually do any of that until his last appearance.

Beware the Batman's problem was that it was too willing to play the long game. I mean, just look at Katana as Batman's sidekick. It seemed completely random right up until they revealed that it was part of a very, very long buildup to the Outsiders.
>>
File: 1415188926090.jpg (184 KB, 1400x1800) Image search: [Google]
1415188926090.jpg
184 KB, 1400x1800
It had best girl in it tho
>>
>>80884692
I want to paint my dick "shiney and chrime", stick it in her fat tits, and have her suck it dry.
>>
>>80884633
He still had some duality aspects to him. Being a hypocritical politician, his fake friendship with Bruce vs. his genuine hatred of Batman, etc.

I wanted to see what they would've done with full blown Two-Face in season two, but it wasn't meant to be I guess.
>>
>Use Pyg
>He's nothing like actual Pyg
Fuck this show
>>
>>80884789
>his fake friendship with Bruce
I actually kinda disagree there. One of my favorite details about Harvey in Beware is that he does actually think Bruce is his friend.

In the episode where Bruce gets shot, he introduces him as his very best friend in the world. And honestly? I believed it. He seemed 100% honest about that.

Here's someone who obviously can't stand his guts, is only friends with him to keep an eye on and manipulate him, and when they do spend time together Bruce spends 98% of it hanging out with Lislow, his actual friend, while Harvey is just left on the sideline, being a third wheel and largely ignored. But they guy's so lonely, so much of a self absorbed ass-hole, he's never had any real friends, and he has no idea. Bruce really is his best friend, and that's honestly pretty fucking sad.
>>
>>80884101
>Wanting more Joker

I would've been good with Bane coming to the forefront, but leave Joker out for a while.
>>
Superhero cartoons should never be 3D.
>>
File: 1410642005575.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1410642005575.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>80885371
Tron Uprising is the best superhero cartoon we've had in years, and wouldn't have been as good in traditional animation
>>
>>80884258
I will never understand why some of you get so hard for the Joker. You people are the reason I hate Batman as a whole now.
>>
>>80885491
I hate you too, fucknuts bitch.
>>80885463
Thats because its tron, it makes sense to use CGI with it.
>>
>>80885531
It worked because it allowed for greater creative freedom than traditional animation would allow, and was stylized enough to make it look visually appealing on a tv show's budget.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.