[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ thin of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: pz-1164200co.jpg (279 KB, 770x1119) Image search: [Google]
pz-1164200co.jpg
279 KB, 770x1119
What does /co/ thin of this
>>
Memepool for kids
>>
Wacker keeps teasing Anya Corazon.
>>
>>80881095
unfaithful watered down adaptation cause kids will watch anything these days
>>
File: throw_up.jpg (93 KB, 602x710) Image search: [Google]
throw_up.jpg
93 KB, 602x710
>>80881095
>That Green Goblin
>>
>>80881095
It's mediocre shit with a few good moments here and there but still mediocre.
>>
We would hate it even if it wasn't bad because it killed SSM

But it's also bad
>>
>>80881095
not spectacular/10
>>
>>80881095
I didn't think it would be possible for a show to have less passion and effort put into it.

Then Avengers Assemble came out.
>>
File: 128330660270.jpg (113 KB, 949x481) Image search: [Google]
128330660270.jpg
113 KB, 949x481
Has its flaws, but I like it.
It has its good stuff, occasionally, and sometimes its fun, but more often than not, its really just mediocre. While I'd say it got better in having plots, it's currently juggling way too many characters at the moment with two different teams of old characters and new characters alike, that it's kind of just a mess, where it was at least getting better in that last season. It's cool that Kaine's there, and all, but because of the whole character juggling, and because it's still a kid's show, I doubt he'll be handled all too well.
I'll also say that I like Avengers Assemble, at least, the later episodes, more so. Largely mediocre, but, again, some neat stuff here and there that I don't mind its existence. Squadron Supreme was fairly aptly done right, and even some of the more sillier episodes that just had the team bonding where okay-ish.
So, all and all, Meh.
>>
>>80883047
It did not kill Spectacular. The purchase of Marvel by Disney killed Spectacular.
>>
>>80883442
They could have kept it going but they cancelled it because paying Sony made them bootyblasted and made their own show that is shit.
>>
>>80881095
>Spidermeme: Watch our movies
>Avengers Assemble: Watch our movies
ugh...
>>
File: okay show.jpg (113 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
okay show.jpg
113 KB, 500x496
>>80881095
this
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 300x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 300x439
>>80881291
But that's how he actually looked in the ultimate spider-man comics.
>>
>>80883649
Not with that shitty armor, no.
>>
People seem to hate it because they loved the previous show so much, but Ultimate Spider-man isn't bad at all, I find it to be enjoyable. My only complaint is that Spidey seems to always be out of web fluid in this show.
>>
It looks like something straight from Deviant Art.
>>
>>80883454
Having to pay another company when you could just make your own is just stupid. I miss SSM dearly, but that's not a good business move.

Now, I do fault Disney and Marvel for coming up with a shit cartoon.
>>
>>80883649
A bad design is still a bad design.
>>
>>80881095
Poor man's Spectacular Spider-man.

Really poor.
>>
Why is it even called Ultimate Spider-man if it isn't about that iteration of the character?
>>
>>80884295
Probably because there's so few choices for titles available.

Like how SSM doesn't have much in common with the comic run, or why Teen Titans and Young Justice should have their titles swapped.
>>
>>80884295
>>80884393
Just saying, they could have gone with "The Sensational Spider-Man", or "The Web of Spider-Man"; there's tons of options to choose from.
>>
I will say to the show's credit, it handled the whole "integrate Miles Morales Spider-Man into the main universe" a hell of a lot better than the comics have.
>>
>>80885747
how did they do it?
>>
It has Kaine, so I feel obliged to watch it.
>>
>>80881291
For some reason it's just goblin in this series. I don't know why, he is green after all so you would think that was first.

>>80884295
In episode one Nick fury said he would train Peter to become the ultimate spider-man to live up to his true potential. He said it quite a lot and they toned it down but it is in season 4 and he still occasionally says it.
>>
did it ever become better after the whole "I will travel to different realities to absorb the spiders powers and become.. THE GREEN SPIDER-GOBLIN!!!"?
>>
The characters are unlikable dickheads. Peter is the main character but his supposed friends are pretty assholish to him in the beginning. Also, glorious incompetence. I don't care for the show.
>>
>>80885771
They grabbed his Osborn because that was the only world to ever kill a spider-man and by the end of the episode Miles was stuck in the universe. They're calling him kid arachnid.
>>
>>80885941
okay.. how did the comics handle the whole Miles goes to 616 then?
>>
>>80885780
>Kaine
I don't think they ever even said his name or had him out of costume. He was called "the first spider", some guy who Doc Ock experimented on before Peter ever got bit. I think they're implying he was a pilot since he knew how to fly a jet and there were some other hints I forgot. The rest of the team, mostly venom, makes fin of him for smelling because he spent years just living in the sewers (for some reason with that costume on the entire time) so if you're looking to watch because of him you'll be greatly disappointed. He is just another character that they make the weirdest changes to even though there are much easier ways to introduce a character into a show.
>>
>>80885984
Molecule Man made it so that everyone assumed Miles and his family had always been here.
>>
It gets a little better with each season.It will probably take two more seasons for it to become a good show.
>>
It has had a select few GOAT episodes like the wolvy/spidey spidey/loki hulk/spidey body swap episodes.
the Throg episode.
anything with thing vs hulk.
any ep with Dr Strange
some of the multiverse shit was entertaining though repetitive
Doc Ock is shit and makes the show shit
>>
>>80885922
Yeah, I don't think it went as full retard as that. I mean, Norman suddenly being a good guy and forgiven is stupid in itself, but if prevents them from reusing him again, I'm OK with it.
>>
>>80886034
If this was some random schmoe as Scarlet Spider, though, why would they bother to keep his face hidden?

I think he is Kaine, but he was pre-programmed with a false backstory, memories, and some skills like piloting. He's also probably the true mole, but he's unknowing about it.

Basically, he's YJ Red Arrow.
>>
>>80881095
I'm still mad
>>
>>80881095

Horseshit.

Marvel has never made good cartoon and even when they do it suddenly gets cancelled with a cliffhanger to be replaced by horseshit.
>>
It's garbage
>>
I forced myself to watch some of this while waitting for Daredevil, and I have to admit, while it's shit, it has gotten better in the later seasons.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.