[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Come back to us based Spock.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: Superior Spider.jpg (692 KB, 1626x1910) Image search: [Google]
Superior Spider.jpg
692 KB, 1626x1910
Come back to us based Spock.
>>
>>80880862
It's a damn shame we had to go back to the original, this costume fucking rocked in comparison and could work as a slow shift from normal to superior and back again. And Spock was great to but we knew the status quo was on his ass since the day he debuted.
>>
File: BatLaugh.jpg (66 KB, 500x578) Image search: [Google]
BatLaugh.jpg
66 KB, 500x578
>Went full autistic rage mode on Marvel for switching Peter with Ock
>Refused to buy another Marvel comic until they bring Peter back
>Peter comes back
>Personal boycott is over now
>Decide to give Superior a look since it got good reviews
>Start reading Superior Spiderman
>H-hey this is actually kind of good
>End up liking Spock better than Peter
>Mfw
>>
>>80881255

You're sick, you know that?
>>
>>80880862
I just want my short stack qt back.
>>
>>80881046
>>80880862

go to bed, Slott.
>>
>>80881046

Not really.

Look, it was like the Red Skull possessing Captain America. Good for one issue, but horrific if it went on for too long.

Just think about it. Just think about the Red Skull actively spouting Nazi ideology while wearing Steve Rogers like a flesh puppet, and NO ONE NOTICES.

Peter took it startlingly well, I think. I would have given up being a superhero after I got my body back. Why? Because it's obvious that no-one cares about me. They didn't notice when I was POSSESSED BY A SUPER-VILLAIN. My entire career of helping people is rewarded by no-one, ever, giving a shit.

That kind of stuff can drive a man insane.
>>
>>80881409
Difference being Ock was a better Peter and Spider-man than Peter could ever be, though they could have done a few things differently honestly
>>
>They didn't notice when I was POSSESSED BY A SUPER-VILLAIN.

This is not true. Literally everyone noticed that something was wrong with him at some point. The Avengers even forced him to undergo identity tests.
>>
>>80881486

He did a lot of stuff wrong. Tech'ing-up was interesting, but he mishandled every public relations situation he had. And really, having the goodwill of the people is the most important part of being a super-hero.

The thing is, Peter doesn't really NEED any of the gear to be Spider-man. Technically, he doesn't even need a costume. He has an insane amount of power, sufficient to lift and throw train cars.

>>80881550

And even then they were like "Yeah, nothing wrong with him." No-one went "Peter, you're acting like a giant fucking asshole right now."

Even Kaine basically waved it off as Peter being a little edgier than usual. His entire speech patterns, behavior and mode of operation had changed, and no-one noticed that something was seriously wrong. He didn't even bother to talk like Peter!
>>
>>80881606

Spider-man is hated by the public, this is not exclusive to Spock.
>>
all i want from Dead No More
>>
>>80881978
Isn't that due to the constant smear campaign from the Daily Bugle?
>>
>>80882021
Only partially. Even without the Bugle Marvel citizens are just naturally hateful morons.
>>
>>80882083
>>80882021

Plus, some people tend to assume he's a mutant.
>>
File: Superior Spider-Man 010-002.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Superior Spider-Man 010-002.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>80880862
I was JUST about to make a BRING BACK SPOCK thread

I had to get this image for it

SpOck made me think science was cool again.
>You made a drone fly? Bah! You idiot! Why don't you have 50 autonomous drones flying and recharging themselves while focusing on making yourself fly?

He made it look so easy
>>
File: 124125.png (79 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
124125.png
79 KB, 300x222
>>80880862
Would SpOck work if he had another writer?
>>
>>80882281
No.
It worked with the writer it had
>>
File: Superior Spider-Man 010-008.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Superior Spider-Man 010-008.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
Just look at this

Doc Ock did not give a shit. What a breath of fresh air
>>
>>80882407
I wonder if that cop has a stock pile of spidey's crime scene notes.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 736x1104
>>80881296
She's in Spider-Man/Deadpool
>>
>>80880862
Isn't he still alive? He teleports to another dimension or something like that while he chases some interdimensional spider killer.
>>
>>80881550
Yeah. It was just a weird coincidence that every telepath was on vacation too.
>>
>>80882600
Anna-Maria, like the rest of spidey's supporting cast, is desperately under-utilized right now.
>>
>>80882301
Bullshit. Chris Yost wrote a superior Superior Spider-Man
>>
>>80881550
I really liked that

Had people split in two camps, one of them saying that they had no right in judging others for killing because they've killed
>>
>>80882600
And cucking robo-ock.
>>
>>80881255

I did the SAME. DAMN. THING.

I feel guilty about it....
>>
File: thats pretty funny.jpg (29 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
thats pretty funny.jpg
29 KB, 240x320
>there are people who actually like SpOck
It would've been interesting if it had been a single arc of about five issues or so.
But it wasn't. And it was shit. The only good that came of it were stories not written by Slott
>>
I think we need to have a time pulled replacement avengers team: 1. John walker at captain america 2. Thunderstrike. 3. Teen tony at ironman. 4. Superior Spiderman. 5. Red hulk. 6. Julia carpenter as spiderwoman. 7. Sharon Ventura as ms. marvel. 8. Brother voodoo as doctor strange
>>
>>80881255
>>80883147
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>80880862

DC reader here,

SpOck was why I started to read Marvel. It was very refreshing and the characters were quite enjoyable. Spock and Anna-Marie is like the only ship I have in comics weirdly enough. The overall arcs were weak in the second half and the switch back to Peter was so forced it was painful. Dropped Marvel after Spiderverse.
>>
>>80881409

Son, you don't get rewards for doing the right thing.
>>
You mean Spiderverse? They send Spock back through the time loop to be inevitably replaced by Peter at the end.
>>
>>80880862
I fucking loved Spock. The ending was a bit sudden and it coulda used an extra issue. But I was a huge fan of the entire story.

I honestly think some of the hate is just people not liking it. But I also think a good deal are people who were just being faggy about how Slott dealt with their bitching.
>>
I think it would have been better if everyone wasn't completely retarded about the situation. You don't just have Spider-Man straight up publicly kill people and have no one around him take action. And not just scan his brain and not even look over the results multiple times, I mean really, seriously do a full-on investigation. The run would have been a lot better if Slott had the balls to have everyone not only get really suspicions, but also actually act on those suspicions.
>>
I loved the whole superhero using supervilain villain methods bit.

His minions, his spider-base. Fucking great.
>>
>>80884093
i never really minded the whole "why does no one notice spidey is out of character" stuff. this is the marvel universe. heroes go edgy all the fucking time.

They should definitely have asked him if something went wrong though. Like attempted to give him counseling.
>>
Spock was fun. And now that I think of it, it would still be better than the current storyline.
>>
>wanting that obnoxious badly-written piece of shit back
>ever
>>
>>80881296
She's in Amazing Spider-Man, Ock took over the Living Computer's mind and is biding his time while pretending to be a servant.
He just found out Anna is getting BLACKED.
>>
>>80884187
>>80884093
Don't they do literally that

there was that girl asking around doing an investigation, and the avengers gave him counseling, with black widow having a one on one talk with him

like what did you want, a whole issue of mary jane asking about their past? fuck that, he was busy being a superior spiderman

that's what was so fun about it, they did everything, it's the world war hulk of spiderman
>>
>>80884243
>it's the world war hulk of spiderman

but superior was actually good.
>>
>>80884261
>fun
my point was, you can't tell me that every hulk fan didn't want an arc where he got perma angry and beat up the world

for once, spiderman fans got an arc where spiderman wasn't an idiot swallowed up by his own drama
>>
With all the shit he was pulling, he should have gotten black and blue at some point. I mean, come on, other heroes have gotten their shit kicked in for less.
>>
>>80884310
Venom Spock had no business fucking up the Avengers.

I loved superior and hated that.
>>
>>80880862
no, he was an awful character.
>>
>>80884964
but he have more potential to be good than current Peter
>>
>>80885274
>the writer who wanted to push spock is coincidentally writing Peter to be shit
Man that sure is a surprise to me
>>
>>80885305
>implying slott isnt a pete fanboy
>implying he didnt fuck up the spock finale just to make bitchboy pete parker lok good
>>
>>80885305
You make me realizse now i dont want spock to get back, or else Slott will turn Spock to misunderstood hero dinnu wrong and Peter turn into winny fuckboy
>>
>villain takes over your life
>gives you a Doctorate

where can i sign up?
>>
>>80885328
I'm pretty sure that Slott fucked up the Spock finale because he's a bad writer that was told to drag a single arc's worth of story out over a year, then got told to wrap it all up in about 2 issues because a movie was coming out and it was time for status quo to return.
>>
>>80885376
pff. Only Peterfags think Slott has it out to ruin Peter for Dr.Ock. Like goblin nation didn't feel like a massive jobbin'.
>>
>>80880862
This premise is the plot of a book I'm reading. A super-villain, during his death, possess a superhero. It's a pretty good book, desu.
>>
>>80885485
whats the book
>>
I miss the SpOck
>>
>>80881255
Kek I did the same, Amazing Spidey right now is so shit. Wonder when Slott will leave.
>>
What if superior ended with Peter and Otto combining their minds and becoming an entirely new character that uses their best skills together?
>>
>>80886217
Slott will never leave Spidey willingly. They'll have to drag him away kicking and screaming. I hope they do for a fresh voice and so I can read Slott's Twitter tirades about it.
>>
>>80880862
Better yet, come back to us even half-decent Spider-Man writers.
>>
>>80886472
I know i may have /co/ after me, but i gladluy would have Bendis wrest away the spidey book from Slott.

I enjoyed ultimate spider-man a lot and would trust Bendis with his character.

He can always have Miles as a second spidey book.

And have crossovers between the two since we know he loves those (see GoTG and xmen crossovers).

Someone else can toke over Ironman. Literally anyone. Hickman would be good,but he's in the indies.

Maybe Ewing?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>80880862
His only crime was making time move.

Peter would've never graduated from college, and would stayed poor for life.
>>
>>80881046
I hope when eventually doc ock does come back, he does so with the help from the jackal. Peter parker clone dock ock please. Then his bouts with the current scientific genius peter would be quite even.
>>
>>80880862
Yes plz Marvul, we need edgy Spidercancer so bad.
The die is cast!!11!!!111
>>
>>80884205
the fuck?
no way.
>>
>>80886738
This. Characterfags are retarded,
>>
>>80883624
>It was very refreshing
So you've never read Knightfall?
>>
>>80887809
Knightfall was literally 20 years before Superior Spider-Man, he said it was refreshing, not never done before.
>>
>>80885398
>Villain takes over your life
>Gives you a doctorate
>Gives you a qt shortstack gf
>Gives you your own technology company
>Gives you a fucking army of henchmen
>And an island base to house them
>Gives you a citywide crime monitoring system
>Fixes your aunt disability
>Makes you buds with the mayor
>Tons of cash all around
>Gets attention seeker ex out of your life

The thing I hate the most about how Superior ended is that most of the changes Otto made to Peter's life went away even before Peter came back. I would love to see how he would handle the new status quo.
>>
File: image.jpg (341 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
341 KB, 1000x1537
>>80887731
I'm so sorry it had to be this way, anon.
>>
>>80884243
No all widow did was spout >muh red ledger and then they let peter go
>>
Superior spider man was a worse version of klh. And it was way too drawn out and yet the end was still rushed as hell. How do you fuck that up. I know all you edgy 13 year old like heroes killing people but the whole concept was stupid
>>
>>80889175
Why do people act like Otto went around murdering everyone left and right? As far as I can remember, it was only Massacre, and the whole ordeal was a whole arc building up to his decision that he was too dangerous to live, not much different from when Superman decided to kill the pocket universe's Zod crew.
>>
Maybe he'll come back and takes over Miles just so someone can spite Bendis.
>>
>>80888720
the hell?
when will this cuckery end?
>>
>>80889244
>building up to his decision that he was too dangerous to live
But he wasn't he was just a guy with brain damage any half decent prison could hold him.
>>
>>80886816
>I enjoyed ultimate spider-man a lot
Anon, how long ago was that?
what good stuff has bendis written since then? (and keep in mind that Ultimate wasn't good all the way through, he started slipping

Bendis may have been good, but been is a very important word in that sentence
>>
>>80889493
I'm not saying I agree with his reasoning, Otto is still bottom line a bad person, I'm just saying he wasn't a Punisher type and actually made a concentrated effort not to kill, except this one time.
>>
Post the image.
You know the one
>>
>>80887287
Who's that behind Mysterio?
>>
>>80891978
chameleon.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.