[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, who is going to be the villain in the inevitable Punisher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Punisher_Vol_6_51_Textless.jpg (44 KB, 400x610) Image search: [Google]
Punisher_Vol_6_51_Textless.jpg
44 KB, 400x610
So, who is going to be the villain in the inevitable Punisher Netflix series?

My vote is for this guy.
>>
>>80878806
Jigsaw. I'd like to see a guy Frank keeps trying to kill but can never quite manage, each encounter adding another scar to his face and driving him deeper into madness
>>
>>80878806
Barracuda's more of a season two villain. You can't just dive right in with him.

Also, there's kind of a generational thing that doesn't work with young Punisher at the start of his career. In MAX, Frank's a product of Vietnam and Barracuda came out of the narco wars of the '80s. It's kind of important to their dynamic. Iron Man's already shown us that Afghanistan is a great 21st century alternative to Vietnam but I'm not sure what the millennial equivalent of Grenada is.
>>
>>80878806

Someone with powers. I like when Frank gets in over his head.
>>
>>80878806
Barracuda would be to perfect and they would do something stupid like not make it the entire season and just make him a 3-4ep villian even though he's GOAT.
>>
>>80878806
But anon, Michael Clark Duncan is dead.
>>
>>80878983
Now I'm sad.
>>
>>80878983
but Mike Tyson just got into acting.
>>
Nicky Cavella or Jigsaw for first season Barracuda or the Generals for the Second. I was surprised they used Old Man Nesbit and Finn Cooley this season. would have liked Finn better if he had the fucked up face but that would ruin Jigsaw when they do him.

Aside from that we need Micro and Yorkie as Franks allies.
>>
>>80879044
while hearing that voice come out of Barracuda is hilarious it would ruin the character. personally I'd go with Kevin Grevioux as Cuda.
>>
It's Punisher. They could go through like 9 main villains.
>>
>>80878937
Still Afghanistan. The shit still going on over there with their poppy fields is perfect.

The problem is Barracuda is 20 times more cartoonish than Frank, if that's even possible. But I am sure the writers can make it work.

...Barracuda should have been a one-off in the comics. Bringing him back from a point-blank shotgun to the face was terrible.
>>
I want them to get Eminem to guest star and do that whole story in the show so normies can see how bad that shit was.
Poor Barracuda
>>
File: thumb-8.jpg (152 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
thumb-8.jpg
152 KB, 600x300
>>80879177
Is Tiny Lister too old?
>>
>>80878937
Well apparently the narco war is still ongoing so Barracuda could just keep doing that.
>>
I know people like the idea of Jigsaw, but the whole appeal of him is that he keeps coming back, right? So I'm thinking you need someone Frank can actually kill at the end, and have Frank fuck up Jigsaw's face on the way there. Not even really thinking too much about it. I think in the comics, Frank sent him through a plate glass window to send a message to someone higher up? Well it should be something like that, so you can bring him back later.
>>
>>80879427
and yet he does have some fairly memorable villains who he has killed. We got the Irish in Daredevil, and for his own series we can get Jigsaw, Barracuda, The Russian, Nicky Cavella, The Generals, The Slavers, General Zakharov, Rawlins, Bushwacker, The Hood, The Exchange and thats about all I can think of right now.
>>
>>80879483
I want to say yes but I think the bigger problem there is that he might end up just playing a more violent Deebo. but he could work.
>>
>>80879177
really? I always read Cuda as Mike Tyson
>>
>>80878806
I don't see how any actor could do Barracuda 1/2 the justice he deserves
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.