[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to this character. Is the Teen Titans cartoon a bad representation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: Terra.png (125 KB, 536x303) Image search: [Google]
Terra.png
125 KB, 536x303
New to this character. Is the Teen Titans cartoon a bad representation of Terra? I hear the creators tried something new, regretted it, and Go! is more faithful to the comic version.
>>
>>80878740

(you)
>>
It was a different representation of the character.
More sympathetic
>>
File: 1440438281073.gif (2 MB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
1440438281073.gif
2 MB, 245x276
>>80878740
>>
>>80878740
>Go! is more faithful to the comic version.
Literally nobody in Go! has any more than a single dimension.
Terra is not a one-dimensional character.
>>
>>80879049
Neither did the original show.
>>
File: judas contract why - Copy.jpg (60 KB, 328x655) Image search: [Google]
judas contract why - Copy.jpg
60 KB, 328x655
>>80879049
Comic terra was one note evil tho.
>>
File: Terra wants to kill them all.jpg (55 KB, 336x300) Image search: [Google]
Terra wants to kill them all.jpg
55 KB, 336x300
>>80879049
Uh, this does not somehow change the fact that Go!Terra is more faithful to the comics than the other series.

Cause she is
>>
>>80880260
>>80879188
Why was Terra so evil?
>>
>>80879049
>Terra is not a one-dimensional character.

Why lie like this?
>>
>>80880284

Because reasons.
>>
>>80880313
Good reasons?
>>
>>80878740
Teen titans Terra is basically, Terra 1-3 all together
>>
File: bedclothes.jpg (234 KB, 688x1024) Image search: [Google]
bedclothes.jpg
234 KB, 688x1024
>>80880260
So did Go!Terra wear too much makeup?
Did she smoke cigarettes?
Did she fuck Slade despite being underage?
>>
>>80880445
Nah, she's evil little shit who wants to kill the titans. That on it's own makes her more faithful than the other series.

>>80880433
As this anon says, TT Terra is more of a combination of the different characters with the name.
>>
>>80878740
Yes. Go! Terra is closer to the comics than 2003 Terra. She's still not exact though since she had the capacity to love Beast Boy and later Aqua Lad (though she's dead set on being a villain).

>>80880445
Slade barely exists in TTG. He had one episode where he was mentioned by name and he was killed off-screen. As for Terra, she hasn't even changed clothes. She has 3 episodes where she tries to kill the Titans, only to get thrown into Raven's trash dimension in the ned.
>>
>>80880368
It's a comic. There's no good reasons for anything. Every adaptation of Marvel or DC work that isn't tied to the prime storyline and the politics of that manure is a million times better.
MCU? Great! Endless reboots? Shit.
Dark Knight? Great! Batman comics? Shit.

I seriously don't understand why someone doesn't cap the rabid yeller that is modern superhero comics. They're heavy, dull shit. And I tried. I gave this Green Lantern shit and Blue Beetle a try, and the MOMENT things got interesting, some corporate cuck and his 'NOT MUH AGE' fat shrimp dicked legions made everything go back to square one so no bigger universe mattered. Nothing's accomplished, no one changes, everything goes to zero and nothing is good and happy for long. And if you want that shit? Fuck you, you're a subhuman pile of dickcheese.

Comics. SUCK. Never read DC and Marvel unless you know what you're reading isn't tied to a monthly or an annual or whatever. Hell, burn a comic store to the ground if you want to be a real patriotic American. Seriously, if you read this shit, and you enjoy it, you are the cancer killing American taste and you need to die. Or be beaten with hammers repeatedly. Preferably both.
>>
File: terra1.png (362 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
terra1.png
362 KB, 500x311
>>80880517
The vibe I got from the Wolfman comics (aside from Wolfman's fetishes) was that Terra wanted to prove she's better than the "goody two-shoes" people, by being evil for evil's sake. She tied her sense of self-worth to proving how different she is; the spy stuff was grating on her nerves but it helped her to prove that she's different by acting good and saying later anything good she did was part of the make-believe.
I figure her personal story arc was to spiral into more depravity, proving she's better for being depraved. Would've done suicide by cop before she lived to be 40.
>>
>>80880739
Who shit in your cornflakes?
>>
>>80880893
Dan Slott, recently.
>>
>>80880916
I hate it when he does that.
>>
File: Terra_2.jpg (42 KB, 860x482) Image search: [Google]
Terra_2.jpg
42 KB, 860x482
>>80878740

She might be crazy but she's perfect
>>
>>80880368

Because Wolfman hated Kitty Pryde.

No, really.
>>
>>80880739
>I seriously don't understand why someone doesn't cap the rabid yeller that is modern superhero comics.

Isn't that basically what, New 52 and All New was suppose to be
>>
Its not popular to say but I felt that that 2003 cartoon handled the Judas Contract better than the comics.

The funny thing is that Terra was one of the few Titans who was improved by the New 52 but then writers stopped using her.
>>
>>80878740
so... she doesn't have a nose?
>>
>>80884540
I mean that's understandable, I hate Kitty Pryde too.
>>
>>80886451
Yep. Makes her look like a snake which is a clue that she is a traitor.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.