[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15
File: 1458088397103.jpg (136 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1458088397103.jpg
136 KB, 1000x800
>>
>>80876243
Felt more like an extended pilot for a tv series.
>>
>>80876282
This
big head little arms is the only thing that was memorable for me
>>
>>80876282
Not really, since the basis of the plot is technically a temporal paradox. I found the villain's motivation (either of them) to be questionable, at best, and the rules of temporal paradox seemed to vary. Either Mr. Robinson knew what was going on the whole time and just chose to not be around that day so he wouldn't mess with the events of his younger self during the temporal crossover OR the whole "I am never going to invent you" thing wouldn't have worked. You can't have both. Additionally "I am never going to invent you" is a grandfather paradox.

But whatever, it's a kids movie that sucks the dick of one of Walt Disney's favourite sayings. I don't think it gives a fuck about accurately representing theoretical time-travel logistics..
>>
Only the beginning and the end are good.
>>
It and Demolish It Dan are my favorites of Disney's CG stuff
>>
>>80877045
Nah, it was Hit it Harry.
>>
>>80876243
it was k
>>
>>80876243
I think there was some character I wanted to fuck, but I can't remember.
>>
>>80876243
I liked it a lot to be honest
>>
>>80876243
i watched this on a plane and remember absolutely none of it except the t-rex arms thing because reddit was spamming it everywhere a while back
>>
>>80876243
T. rex was only good part.
>>
>>80876243
Couldn't sit through more than a couple minutes of it. Really obnoxious movie.
>>
I liked the villains.

The hat was a good twist on what would normally be a boring movie.
>>
>>80876243
I actually really really like this movie. It's one of the few I'll watch anytime I catch it on. Adult Frannie is my dearest waifu, though.
>>
File: tumblr_n76chdUkaP1twc8nwo1_250.gif (454 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n76chdUkaP1twc8nwo1_250.gif
454 KB, 245x160
>>80878229
Same
>>
>>80878447
Ah, that's who I was talking about >>80877696
>>
>>80877256
>Not jam-it Jefferey
>>
>>
>>80878183
I thought Bowler hat guy (no spoilers for a decade old movie) was pretty good too. Not a unique twist or anything, but well done, and I like that they didn't just auto-redeem him completely or try to whitewash it to all be his fault or not be his fault at all.
>>
>>80878115
Not true. The hat and the frogs are both pretty good, the sci-fi version of the Adamms Family wasn't bad, either. Basically if you just accept the plot as a delivery vehicle for everything besides the story I thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>80879083
That's a good way of looking at it. Particularly when the movie's source material is a picture book that basically became the film's second act.

The Time Travel was a device to justify the retro-future setting and an opportunity for William Joyce to design more whimsical retrofuture technology stuff which he fucking loves doing between him also creating Rolly Polly Olly, Blue Sky's Robots movie, Santa Calls and the more steampunk/clockpunky looking Guardians books
>>
It, Slam-It Sammy, and Zootopia are the only non-Pixar CGI Disney movies I really like. It actually had a brain despite how awful it was marketed.
>>
>>80876243

Main character is boring as fuck, everybody else is more interesting and we spend no more than 2 minutes with any of the other characters, the main kid is stupid and couldn't figure shit that was obvious. It's really....underwhelming.
>>
>>
I've seen it and I have forgotten everything that happens
I've also played the game and the only thing I can remember is something about a dinosaur. also I think it's the one where the kid is like 13 and no one wants to adopt him or some shit idk
>>
>>80879742
anon pls
>>
>>80876243
I actually loved it. I randomly watched it one day and the montage at the end made me tear up. It's not particularly well written but I still liked it. Just really wholesome and comfy,
>>
>>80876243
Most of the movie I was just trying to comprehend the humor and pacing but it clicked in the third act. I might have even welled up a bit.
>>
>>80876243
Fun, not like in the vapid way, but as a legitimately enjoyable experience.
>>
>>80876243
It was alright even if I thought the whole "I will never create you" victory was bullshit.
Milftoon comic is pretty good.
>>
File: In_The_Spotlight_by_ELIOLI.jpg (364 KB, 2280x3200) Image search: [Google]
In_The_Spotlight_by_ELIOLI.jpg
364 KB, 2280x3200
>>
File: robinson_wincest.jpg (49 KB, 323x480) Image search: [Google]
robinson_wincest.jpg
49 KB, 323x480
Great movie.
>>
>>80879912
>That uncanny valley artstyle
>Instead of temporal /ss/henanigans, it gets rid of Lewis really fast so he can get cucked by his son.

No it's not.
>>
are there any decent /ss/ pics from this? I could only find this trash, but I didnt look very hard.
>>
>>80880314
On the bright side at least Lewis got with the orphanage lady in the end.
>>
It's not amazing, but the bowler hat guy was pretty funny and it managed to make me tear up at the end so hey. That's something, right? I'd say Bolt is very very slightly better because it's a little more consistent.
>>
>>80876243

It was fun.
>>
>>80880391
Ehryel did a pretty good pic a few months ago. It's on Paheal, but I can't get at it now.
>>
good ss material
>>
>>80880471
Bolt's way too derivative of Homeward Bound, Toy Story and 101 Dalmatians for my tastes. Would much rather we had gotten American Dog instead, but no, John Lasseter hates Chris Sanders for some reason and wanted to put him in a box...
>>
>>80876243
I was channelsurfing one day when I came across the opening of this movie, I figured hey, may as well see what kind of product the corporate overlords who (had by then) bought Marvel think a good story is...
When the villian's origin story was told, along with the moral:
small children who are publicly beaten shouldn't hold any grudges when uncaring adults tell them to just not care about it, because nobody else does
(!) I figured, hey that must just be some sort of sociopathic oversight, right?
But when the adult villian reforms his ways what reward is there to make up for this lifelong misery? What was the vindication he had earned by helping the young hero?
He was erased from existence, his entire life of suffering and regret was as forgotten as any other unimportant human life
Now, I know some people will argue merits to this chronological retcon and insist that there's ethical treatment of this character in the end but that's just not true. Someone else has the happy ending.

tl;dr: this movie plants the seeds of sociopathy in it's child audience. I had hoped that by now Disney had stopped doing that.
>>
>>80880534
Fair point. This one is only a little worse in my opinion because of how freakishly tonally inconsistent it is. That's not always a bad thing, but I think something like Lilo and Stitch handled it better. Not a bad movie though. Like a good 3/5.
>>
File: tumblr_m0aognbZAy1ro7ykdo1_500.gif (1008 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0aognbZAy1ro7ykdo1_500.gif
1008 KB, 500x233
>>80880554
He was holding onto it well after it faded from schoolyard memory and ignored any offers of kindness from fellow students. He let that one incident define the rest of his life and it turned him into an screeching autistic manchild living alone in a crumbling abandoned orphanage.

Whatever path he went down on after he was woken up at the game is much more rewarding than the alternative. The original take on it on the DVD where Lewis took BHG to the game and he woke himself up might have been a stronger character payoff, but made Doris's retcon death even more anticlimactic.
>>
File: Hai_Mrs_Robinson_by_marinka18.jpg (192 KB, 1075x1321) Image search: [Google]
Hai_Mrs_Robinson_by_marinka18.jpg
192 KB, 1075x1321
>>
>>80880812
Victim of public crime, told that there would be no response. At all.
Isolated and rejected by all for the emotional response to the trauma.
Now seen as guilty for not forgetting there was a crime commited and suffering the effects?
And you're wondering why there's a deficit of self-worth and festering mental illness?
Children grow to become who they are told to be.
How many other crimes against children should be dealt with in the same manner?
How would society function if ignoring harm was an acceptable response to all crimes?
>>
>>80879975
L-lewd though probably canon.
>>
>>80876243
>you suddenly have access to your husband as a shota
>you don't /ss/
What was wrong with that woman?
>>
>>80881985
Well, obviously people should treat their kids nice & give them support in hard times. But neglectful conditions exist, and it's not like this movie was going to cure that problem forever just by railing against it.
The point is that, while a lot of neglected kids find a coping mechanism, the villain kid refused to cope and obsessed over 1 bad experience that happened once. I kind of respect the fact that this movie says "sometimes life is cruel and unfair, and you just have to deal with it, even if you're a kid." And in real life, a lot of kids do just deal with it.
>>
File: Mrs__Robinson_by_haillexi-1.jpg (774 KB, 3672x3156) Image search: [Google]
Mrs__Robinson_by_haillexi-1.jpg
774 KB, 3672x3156
>>
File: tumblr_nw1096wD431qedou1o1_540.png (379 KB, 540x513) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw1096wD431qedou1o1_540.png
379 KB, 540x513
>>80885150
When Lewis starts dating her in the past and needs help, that's when she'll step in.
>>
I cried when I saw it in the theater.
>>
File: 1320580452943.jpg (32 KB, 550x485) Image search: [Google]
1320580452943.jpg
32 KB, 550x485
>>80876243
Bowler hat guy and his bowler hat were good. Everything else was ehhh.
>>
File: 1322442518681.jpg (79 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
1322442518681.jpg
79 KB, 426x640
>>
>>80876243
I remember the Jonas Brothers cover of Kids of America from it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyfGqNow4lI
>>
>>80876243
I really liked it when I watched it. Had good sad parts as well.
>>
>>80876243
This has to be one of the more forgettable 00s Disney movies even if it was sort of okay
>>
>>80880812
>He was holding onto it well after it faded from schoolyard memory and ignored any offers of kindness from fellow students. He let that one incident define the rest of his life
This is a good point
>>
The entire middle section of the movie was weird as fuck to me. They spent so much time introducing characters that would never be important again.
>>
Underrated as fuck movie

>Keep Moving Forward.
>>
>>80887530
>>80887530
this and the ''Keep Moving Forward'' quote is the only thing I remember from it. Oh, and that Rob Thomas song or something. I need to watch it again.
>>
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.