[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Late af to the party How did /co/ receive the Deadpool?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 523x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 523x281
Late af to the party

How did /co/ receive the Deadpool?
>>
>>80875873
Anally. No condom or lube.
>>
the consensus is it is a good movie
we also like negasonic and big boobs strong woman
>>
>>80875873
welcome to our ead ool
notice there's no DP in it
let's try to fix that
>>
Majority liked it, I think the last fight was perfect and that thing they where fighting on looked like a busted up Helicarrier, wonder if it was just a reference
>>
Right before we were flooded with hipsters asking for recs so they could shit all over the movie while pretending to be longtime fans, and right after we were flooded with casuals asking for recs so they could fap over more Deadpool.

But the general population of /co/ seemed to like it.
>>
>>80875873
/co/ seemed to really like it. I myself fucking enjoyed this movie.
>>
>>80875895
Happy Women's Day
>>
>>80876038
Happy Lent.
>>
I didn't like it. And I like everything.
>>
It's a good movie.

Trust me, it doesn't matter if you don't trust 4chan's opinions, but if fucking /co/ likes a ****DEADPOOL**** ****MOVIE****, you can be hella sure it's good.
>>
>>80876097
What was wrong with it? I appreciated the tone but didn't actually laugh much at the jokes
>>
>>80875895
>>80875909
Read these in ryans voice for whatever reason
>>
>>80876365
Vocaroo? I never heard anyone sound like him
>>
>>80875873

Pretty good.

Could have been better, but they certainly didn't screw the pooch.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot and would recommend people to see it, but I'm more concerned about what the movie's success means for the industry at large:

1. That a bigger budget =/= better movie. Deadpool had a relatively minuscule budget of 56 million, and used it much much better than other movies have with double or triple the budget. Smaller budget means less investor interest and thus more freedom to make a good film.

Unfortunately, I believe several trends will follow: mainly fourth wall breaking and overly raunchy scripts. They were an exception for Deadpool, seeing as that's been his shpeel for decades now, and that Ryan Reynolds is the perfect man to play him. He plays the character so well they become entrenched in the very idea of that character- look at Alan Rickman and Snape, or Leonard Nimoy and Spock.
>>
>>80876136
I dunno, I guess I was just having a bad day when I saw it. There seemed to be no emotional depth to the characters which made me realize I was watching a movie the entire time, so I felt uncomfortable in the chair. I couldn't get into the movie is what I'm saying. Even the scenes with him and his girlfriend, whose name I didn't care about remembering, felt so immature that I didn't care about. I didn't like the Sillicon Valley guy showing up as his sidekick either because that show is pure garbage. The two fight scenes were bland, too short and boring. The only fun part was when he was punching Colossus' crotch.

Then in the end he fucking FORGETS HIS GUNS, making the whole last shootout meaningless since he has to use swords again. And there's only two other X-men, which is alluded two but it screams low-budget. The minute the movie ended - on a bad note too, they just made out and the credits roll, no scene of him readjusting to regular life - I left the theater.

Of course, I had to hit the shitter pretty bad by then, so I might have missed some post-credit scene showing just that.
>>
>>80876627
The romance was like one of the best parts man. The movie impressed me because it managed to be comedic while giving the romance real weight.
I think you were just in a really shit mood to see any romance.
>>
>>80875873
I saw it five times in theaters.
>>
>>80876627
Capam is a faggot and not a cqcbro
>>
>>80876627
By silicone valley guy do you mean taxi dude? He didn't seem to be do's sidekick, he just was in there to ferry him around. Also the no guns thing was because there was no budget left. They we're initially going to do a real shootout.
>>
>>80875873
Don't know much about deadpool, but is that really his origin? It's kinda lame
>>
>>80876627
>Then in the end he fucking FORGETS HIS GUNS,
Cause Fox giving them a shoestring budget, at least they put it to good use and probably used the rest of it crashing that Not helicarrier
>>
>>80877242

Kind of.

Weapon X was the 90's Villain Factory for a good long time. Any time they needed to have a new genetic abomination for Wolverine to fight they'd pull some Weapon X asshole out of a drawer somewhere and call it a day.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.