[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into comics about these two specimens. Anyone in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 5794712_1.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
5794712_1.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
I want to get into comics about these two specimens. Anyone in the know and have an idea of where to start?
>>
>>80875267
> the life & times of scrooge mcduck
> essentials of Carl Barks
> essentials of Don Rosa
>>
Just get the Fantagraphics Carl Barks and Don Rosa collections.
>>
>>80875310
I am super biased towards Don Rosa, but you should go with these.
>>
Carl Barks and Romano Scarpa.
>>
File: Trauma_vs_PK_7.jpg (741 KB, 1988x1503) Image search: [Google]
Trauma_vs_PK_7.jpg
741 KB, 1988x1503
>>80875267

Just what >>80875310
said

Plus, PK (Duck Avenger)

search for "duckavenger blogspot" on google, you can download it all here
>>
>>80875267

What are You looking for exactly?
>>
>>80875267
100% don't start with Don Rosa, he shits all over Scrooge. Fantagraphics' Barks hardcovers are absolutely the way to go. The "Only A Poor Old Man" book is a great introduction to the characters.
>>
File: tumblr_n1r2pemZrq1trkd46o1_1280.jpg (487 KB, 1050x1329) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1r2pemZrq1trkd46o1_1280.jpg
487 KB, 1050x1329
Without a doubt start with Barks. He built Duckburg and gave life to Scrooge, Gyro, The Bugle Brothers ect and gave the best versions of Donald and H,D,& L. ( If only Disney would retire Donald's voice for a new one to give him more depth than an anger machine)

Plus there are some God-Tier stories in the Barks library. Barks was great at pacing and he was a master cartoonist. On the level of Kirby, Eisner, Kurtzman ect

THEN go to Rosa. Rosa built on Barks created, explored the Duck family more. (But still smartly left Donald's sister a mystery)And write and drew great stories most notably the classic "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" That is a MUST read

You wont be sorry for this endeavor. But deffanlty start with Barks first, the Rosa THEN the european artists

How Disney got so damn lucky to have not one but two master cartoonists on its properties ill never know. But Disney being Disney does not give a shit unless is craps gold.
>>
>>80875935

Also check out DoubleDuck, which I believe is hosted on this same blogspot.
>>
>>80875935
How's the spaghetti Vito?
>>
So is Fantagraphics Rosa or Barks?

also links would be nice
>>
>>80882132
They've been reprinting both.

Also back in the 80's Rosa actually used to write for Amazing Heroes, Fantagraphics' superhero-related mag they ran alongside Comics Journal.
>>
File: scroogedeath.gif (71 KB, 543x382) Image search: [Google]
scroogedeath.gif
71 KB, 543x382
>>
>>80882120
>Acting as if PK doesn't have a huge following in other parts of Europe

Hell, the guy running the translation blog is a norwegian
>>
>>80882120
I'm actually eating japanese noodles right now
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.