[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the Judge Dredd fans here. Any of you own The Case files?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: judge-dredd-case-files-16.jpg (88 KB, 355x501) Image search: [Google]
judge-dredd-case-files-16.jpg
88 KB, 355x501
For the Judge Dredd fans here. Any of you own The Case files? I personally like the old Dredd stuff but these books seems kinda cheap for how much content they have so I wanted to know about the quality of bindings and pages. Worth a buy or not?
>>
>>80872947
they're good, not as complete as i would want them to be, missing a lot of covers and could do with more input with the creators, but the basic stories are all there and are all in order. They only include core 2000AD strips as well so no annual or spin off stuff.
>>
>>80874783
Don't the restricted files collect the rest?
>>
>>80875569
not all but a lot>>80875569
>>
File: Judge Dredd - Censored 01.png (47 KB, 260x331) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd - Censored 01.png
47 KB, 260x331
The quality of binding and pages are a step up from your usual DC Showcase fare, though the covers feel a bit more flimsy. Either way, they're great bang for your buck and there's usually better editions of pivotal storylines that you can find relatively easy.
>>
>>80872947
Dredd related question here; Dredd covers collection available at my LCS, should I buy?
>>
File: Judge Dredd 104.jpg (199 KB, 654x800) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd 104.jpg
199 KB, 654x800
>>80877834
Well, that kinda boils down to how much you like Dredd, how much you like Dredd's art, and how pricey it is. From what I've heard it has a lot of cool artist commentary and insight, but it's still very much an artbook. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I could find it at a good price.
>>
>>80872947
I love the casefiles, they're 20$ for the US editions and have quiet a bit of material. The paper is almost newspaper quality but stronger, you know what I mean. Where as I also have some restricted files that are more like the UK editions in your pictures. The paper in those are a bit heavier and glossy most having some color. Don't ask me how much those cost me, I never remember and my comic shops always seem to have some issue figuring how much to charge for a comic listed in euros.
>>
>>80878064
I really love the art style, it's second only to The Mask for me because I love cartoons first in my heart and the mix of zany WB comedic violence and actual violence speaks to me but I'm probably gonna buy that any any other dredd works I can find, as my other LCS doesn't stock it.
>>
File: Judge Dredd - Comic Pushers.png (484 KB, 616x341) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd - Comic Pushers.png
484 KB, 616x341
>>80878775
>I'm probably gonna buy that any any other dredd works I can find, as my other LCS doesn't stock it.
Ooooh, I know that feel. I know it all too well. Godspeed, man.
>>
How many Dredd spin-offs are there? I know of Anderson and America..are there any other core ancillary stories that run alongside the 2000 AD/Megazine stories?
>>
File: Judge Dredd - Lawless 05.jpg (1 MB, 2475x3255) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd - Lawless 05.jpg
1 MB, 2475x3255
>>80879449
There's a lot of stuff from the Megazine, like Shimura (japanese judges), Armitage (brit-cit inspector judges), Lenny Zero (ex-judge turned criminal) and a few others, but most of them were just international judges or short deals. Right now the most popular spinoffs are:
- Low Life and Simping Detective, two different series about undercover judges. They crossed over with Dredd in Trifecta.
- DeMarco PI, about former judge Galen DeMarco, now turned private investigator. Art's kinda meh but it's got a lot of long-form stories and ties more than a bit with the main series.
- Lawless, about a space marshall judge in the colonies. Not that important or tied to the main series, but very high quality.
>>
>>80879685
Is all that stuff collected? One of the things that's always turned me off about reading Dredd is how inconvenient it is to read everything. I'd be willing to read it all in separate collections, but tracking shit down in individual issues of Megazine just seems like a hard task.
>>
File: Judge Dredd - Lawless Cover.jpg (127 KB, 498x655) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd - Lawless Cover.jpg
127 KB, 498x655
>>80880161
Most of it yeah. The only ones in that list that haven't been collected in some way or another are DeMarco and Lawless, and Lawless is red hot so I can see them putting out a TPB as soon as they have enough material.
As for hunting down the Megazine, there's actually a very nice torrent with all the issues so far that saves a lot of trouble with that.
>>
>>80880245
Are the scans any good? I tried a 2000 AD scan once and those scans were...Dreddful.
>>
File: 2000AD - Awesome Megazine 01.jpg (663 KB, 938x1224) Image search: [Google]
2000AD - Awesome Megazine 01.jpg
663 KB, 938x1224
>>80880289
Nowadays, they're really fucking good. Super crisp and huge as fuck. Earlier issues of the Megazine might be kinda bleh, but they're still miles ahead of what we used to have some years ago.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.