[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: Whoopass_Stew_-_1992.png (599 KB, 1086x684) Image search: [Google]
Whoopass_Stew_-_1992.png
599 KB, 1086x684
What went wrong?
>>
>>80866124
Too many cooks spoil the whoopass stew.
>>
>>80866193
And the new cooks don't even bother to look at the original recipe.
>>
>>80866421
And while they got SOME of the things that taste the same, looks the same, and almost feels the same, they mucked things up with replacing the more recognizable and tasty bits with cheaper to farm products. I mean they couldn't even be bothered with coming up with the three most important ingredients for the concoction that made it special and feel like the original recipe...
>>
>>80866525
Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice?
>>
>>80866525
AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST PART IS?
>>
>>80866590
The image held the answers silly but yeah
>>80866628
The fact that they're trying to sell this as a high quality product similar to the past workings when it's clear when it hits your palate that it tastes really off? Nothing looks right, it moves slowly without refinement, and it's clear all of this was done to help market and sell future merch to people?
>>
>>80866724
exactly
>>
File: 1458308429886.png (587 KB, 1309x1381) Image search: [Google]
1458308429886.png
587 KB, 1309x1381
>>80866124
>>
File: ;_;.gif (262 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
;_;.gif
262 KB, 500x330
>>80866739
It makes me wish for more Dance Pantsed. Yeah, that animation was really weird, but it was charming in a way how they went about it all. It looked like a new direction that really could have worked in its own way. I almost feel like originally that was a test pilot to see how reactions would go for that. I do remember everyone HATED it and kept crying about wanting the old style but having it more refined. Well, everyone got what they wanted... jackasses.

I remember bringing this up last night, but I just feel bad for the new main voices. It was clear they were brought in to replace the old ones as a way to help market this show better to people. Social interaction with the new voices helps to get their crowd connected and also help shove merch out the door through them. They couldn't use the old voices, they weren't hip and in with the new kids on the block they are marketing this towards.

Fella's, this wasn't made for the past fans. This was made to sell merch to new fans at the cost of burning past bridges to the ground. We're just not the people they're making this for, and CN completely ignored the fact that the old fanbase was still alive and kicking about the place.
>>
>>80866842
Who is this supposed to be?
>>
>>80867031

Staff writer at Cartoon Network, new voice actress for Princess Morbucks.
>>
>>80866525
>>80866724
I'm not trying to advocate for just accepting what comes, but why do people keep acting as if they're trying to sell you the fucking Venus de Milo
>>
File: CdzJg8-y1g.jpg (31 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CdzJg8-y1g.jpg
31 KB, 600x338
>>80866991
>>
>>80867045
This world is Doomed.
>>
>>80866991
A side note to this real quick: I don't mind if things are made with merchandise in mind. There's nothing wrong with wanting to make money off of your work. PPG sold like fucking CRAZY with its merch back in the day, I can see why they'd want to return it. But I don't agree that they should be making things without there being some quality put into the work.

We already have a set bar for where that quality should be at minimum with the original series. Why did they have to limbo underneath that bar instead of attempting to pole vault to newer, better standards? Even if they failed and landed on the bar in that attempt, it would have been better than what we're seeing now.
>>
File: 12.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>80867327
Right!
>>
>>80867554
Why did they thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>80866525
>long pointy bow
creepy as fuck

>only one arm
that's not her, it's a knock off
>>
File: CdfA6WlUUAEktws.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
CdfA6WlUUAEktws.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
>>80868003
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.