[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how do you like your villains /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: thinkifixedthishit.png (1 MB, 1012x1198) Image search: [Google]
thinkifixedthishit.png
1 MB, 1012x1198
So, how do you like your villains /co/?
>>
>>80858730
>being this casual
>>
>>80858730
This image is bait
>>
>>80858730
Who's the Aryan next to Hilter
>>
>>80858870
Watchman
>>
>>80858870
trump
>>
File: Team_of_villains.png (3 MB, 1600x1312) Image search: [Google]
Team_of_villains.png
3 MB, 1600x1312
what about villains out of human logic?
>>
File: Villains.png (1 MB, 1012x1198) Image search: [Google]
Villains.png
1 MB, 1012x1198
>>80858730
I like to have my villain lists fix'd.

Behold perfection!
>>
>>80859693
Why is Friedrich Nietzsche being compared to 1980s meme villains?
>>
>>80858730
>Skeletor in shit tier
Garbage.
>>
>>Elder god tier never refers to the shittiest category despite the elder gods being led by a literal cosmic retard
>>
>>80859693
> fat lesbian detected.
>>
File: hitler strawman.jpg (68 KB, 946x472) Image search: [Google]
hitler strawman.jpg
68 KB, 946x472
>Hitler
>>
>>80859693
Why is Guy Fieri in that list?
>>
>>80858933
>Trump
>Being able to do anything in secret
He'd broadcast to the world what he did and then demand they thank him for it.
He actually succeeds in Veidt's plan by making himself Humanity's enemy. Perfectly content to spend the rest of his life in his solid gold arctic compound surrounded by Genetically Engineered Slav-Lynx Women
>>
>>80858730
>The Lich is shit tier.
Reassess your priorities, anon.
>>
>>80858730
Shouldn't Him be in the mid tier?
>>
>>80859462
Nyarlathotep is a dick even if his plan is beyond human logic.
The fucking guy is everywhere
>Oh cool a new demonic monster
>ah gotcha, it's another avatar of Nyarlathotep
goddmanit man stop creating so many avatars
>>
>>80859462
>villians

oh man with nyarlathotep finally uses my body as a vessel, we're gonna fuck you up for that.
>>
>>80858730
Why is the Technically-Not-A-Villain category listed as the best for villains?
That's fucking dumb, if they're reasonable and what they're doing doesn't have malicious intentions then they're not a fucking villain.
>>
What about villains that are just sociopaths doing it for shits and giggles?
>>
>>80860172
>>80860175
Nyarlathotep actually obey to Azathoth the dumb chaotic awful god? so why they are dicks exactly?

Cthulhu probably wanna conquers the universe with his star spawns, Dagon is just a big deep one and a servant of Cthulhu.

We don't know anything about Shub-Niggurath, at least in the H.P¨Lovecraft Canon, only the fact that the Mi-Go worships her.

And Yog-Sothoth is out of the universe and can be summoned for fucking human female and creating disgusting hybrids, but he's really a villain?
>>
>>80860242
a villain who can justify their actions is more compelling
they still have malicious intent but they're a person with malicious intent rather than monologing cardboard
>>
File: fixed.png (107 KB, 494x1101) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
107 KB, 494x1101
>>80858730

The only answer
>>
>>80859462
I pray for death, I pray for Azathoth. Please remove us all from the garbage can of existence.
>>
>>80860316
Nyarly doesn't obey shit, not out of defiance but because Azathoth has no orders to give. He's a mad king content to listen to music for all eternity
>>
>>80858730
Where would GLaDOS fit? I'd put her in high tier, but that would imply she's thinking rationally, and she's not.
>>
>>80858730
>Skeletor
>Cobra Commander

>Bad

Fight me faggot
>>
>>80860349
>every tier is subjective tier
Ha ha ha ha, I bet this fag likes 90s Carnage unironically!
>>
>>80858730
These lists are retarded because they assume that the villains motivations is what makes the villain. Villains with shitty motives can still be great, it's all in the execution and writing of the villain itself.
>>
>>80858730
>elder god tier
>villain that's most thematically appropriate for the story

>great tier
>villain that fits the mood and plays off the protagonists well

>high tier
>well written villain with understandable motives

>mid tier
>a villain that's hugely overshadowed by the protagonists

>low tier
>a villain with no real presence in the story

>shit tier
>a villain who has lots of presence in the story yet can't make the audience feel their presence and end up becoming something of a joke

>so bad it's good tier
>villains that become a joke that's actually funny.
>>
>>80859462

None of these creatures are of human logic. They are mostly just too powerful to take any special interest in humanity, but their minds are either actually less than human, operating on blind instinct, or concerned with quite logical concerns of expanding their power and influence.
>>
>>80860369
So what's the point of Azathoth? he's here for nothing? a fucking nihilistic being without intelligence and wicked sense of humor?

and why Nyarla is a dick exactly? what he wants from humanity?
>>
>>80860327
If their actions are justified then they're not a villain.
>>
File: Villains.png (1 MB, 1010x1343) Image search: [Google]
Villains.png
1 MB, 1010x1343
>>
>>80860654

Azathoth is the nuclear chaos at the center of the universe. Without him, there would be no universe.
>>
>>80861608
I love this one.
>>
>>80860859
what are you, a moral absolutionist?
>>
>>80861608

This is one I can actually agree with.

Thematic connections and parallels between heroes and villains are the best.
>>
>>80860654
>So what's the point of Azathoth? he's here for nothing? a fucking nihilistic being without intelligence and wicked sense of humor?
he's the meaningless foundation of a meaningless universe. Nietzche's nightmare was that's its pointlessness all the way down.

Nyarly is just bored and willing to do whatever it takes to keep himself entertained in a universe where nothing matters
>>
>>80861731
So the question is: This meaningless is ours human point of view? because ours apes brains can't understand the point of that?
>>
>>80862075
Probably just meaningless. If there were meaning we didn't understand it'd undermine the horror aspect.
>>
>>80860594
>a villain who has lots of presence in the story yet can't make the audience feel their presence and end up becoming something of a joke
So, in other words, Kilgrave
>>
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 762x1120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 762x1120
Here is the original list
>>
>>80859462
Nyarlathotep is the kind of guy who trip and samefags every fucking thread
>>
>>80864195
Nyarlathotep can be defeated?
>>
>>80864222
You can't defeat an autist on that game.
>>
>>80864060
>Ganondorf
>Lust for power

Shit list.
>>
>>80864222

You'll never unravel all his plans and schemes. It's a losing fight ultimately, but you can push the darkness back for a time.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.