[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the Xmen universes poeers manifest at puberty. PUBERTY. Think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: Imagine this, every day.jpg (26 KB, 350x188) Image search: [Google]
Imagine this, every day.jpg
26 KB, 350x188
In the Xmen universes poeers manifest at puberty. PUBERTY. Think about that? How is every school not leveled by the couple hundred Carries that happen every day? How is the world not totally fucked by the 7 million living superweapons that fill it?

How is every nation not on red alert because a random dude can just blow up a building with his dick, or impersonate government and military officials, or mind read state secrets, or brain control world leaders, or destroy entire cities by ripping the metal in them to shreds? How are third world nations not destablzing because of the random militias now armed with super human power? What about random nut jobs and school shooter types and politcal radicals, give 1/1000 of them super power s and see what happens. Hell, the upper levels are basically gods. Better hope the random 13 year old who gets Frank Richards tier powers doesnt go all Twilight Zone on you.

Jesus how the hell are they not totally fucked? Is it possible for humanity itself to have plot armor?
>>
That's why Xavier's school exists.
>>
File: humanity-fuck_yeah-quaritch.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
humanity-fuck_yeah-quaritch.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Is it possible for humanity itself to have plot armor?
It's called reality.
>>
The same thing that stops most people from just randomly killing other people for the smallest reasons

There's absolutely no shortage of trained, professional killers with even more power than you do, ready to come down on your ass and, best case scenario, send you to federal "pound me in the ass" prison for the rest of your life.

Besides, you're literally living the #1 dream of a gigantic portion of the population, you're a teenager with god damn super powers. You would literally, LITERALLY, have to be one of the most retarded motherfuckers on the entire planet to throw that away over a wedgie.
>>
>>80850130
Because the vast majority of mutants have minor mutations. Only a handful are "alpha" class, which are those such as Storm, Xavier, Megneto and others with powers that can be used at large scale/make the mutant highly dangerous, who number less than a hundred. Wolverine or Nightcrawler are only beta class, and their group is only a few hundred strong. Hell, there's only been one documented Omega class Mutant ever.
>>
>>80850725

I thought Iceman was omega, or is he the one you're talking abouit
>>
When a writer is actually trying to flesh out the world well, there's usually some mention or implication of the idea that most mutants have basically worthless powers. Mutation to be able to see farts, mutation to have polkadot skin whenever confused, mutation to look exactly like Stretch Armstrong but have no stretch powers, mutation to have teeth that look like corn and elbows with scrotums... The "average" mutant is a freak, not a superpowered person.
>>
Every nation is on red alert. Sentinels are a thing.

Inb4 "mutant-haters are right".
>>
File: AllNewXMen_9_Preview2.jpg (337 KB, 1116x863) Image search: [Google]
AllNewXMen_9_Preview2.jpg
337 KB, 1116x863
>>80850130
>>
>>80850814
This, not every mutant is Cyclops.
>>
>>80850780
I was referring to Phoenix/Jean Grey
>>
>>80850988
What class is Apocalypse?
>>
>>80850130
Because puberty is a process that roughly lasts from age eleven to your late teens, not everyone is a maladjusted shithead with personal problems during that age period, only a fraction have mutations that give them useful abilities better or beyond that of humans, only a tiny fraction of those people have powers that would considered to be naturally weaponized, all within a group accounting for a half of a percent of the global population (0.3% percent post-Genosha, rounded upwards).
>>
>>80851061
I have no Idea. I'd put him in alpha, but his rating would change as he changes himself.
>>
Not every teenager is an angsty psycho that wants to kill everyone at school.
>>
>>80851076
There's early puberty too, and then there are latent mutants who never use the powers they don't know they have. There's also a whole subcatagory of mutants who have powers from birth on.
Basically the puberty thing is maturation and physical development becoming linked to mutie powers. People don't get beards until puberty, mutants don't get fur until puberty.
>>
File: Apocalypse_SSC11254.jpg (66 KB, 396x534) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse_SSC11254.jpg
66 KB, 396x534
>>80851061
He's an Omega class mutant who has been artificially augmented to an unknown level by alien Celestial technology.
>>
>>80851389
I was. And Carrie had cause, dammit. I mean, fuckin' pig's blood? Some bitches gotta burn for shit like that.

Mutant and proud!
>>
>>80850725
Nah, brah.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Omega_Level_Mutants
>>
>>80851667
'bout time someone looked it up.

"alpha" and "omega" class are for types of Sentinels, those giant mutant hunting robots.
I'm pretty sure there's no "alpha" class mutants, but there are "omega" level mutant powers.
Those are weird, immortality counts but turning into a 10 foot tall man of steel doesn't.
>>
>>80851887

If I'm understanding it correctly, Omega classifies a mutant with apparently limitless power in some way

Immortality is limitless life, turning into a 10 foot tall man of steel is just that, it doesn't go any further.
>>
>>80850130
>In the Xmen universes poeers manifest at puberty. PUBERTY. Think about that? How is every school not leveled by the couple hundred Carries that happen every day?

Because only a small fraction gain the power to shoot nuclear force out of their eyes or mind control people.

The other fraction just turn into like, really ugly people.
>>
>>80852005
What if you can grow your anus infinitely, like you can make your anus so big that it might contain the universe? Would that be omega level?
>>
>>80852127

I guess
>>
>>80852165
How many people do you think can grow their anuses in marvel? Do you think that apocalypse can grow a really big anus? What about Kamala Khan? But she's a inhuman so I think that doesn't count :/
>>
>>80850130
Maybe it does happen, and that's why Marvel humans hate hose God damn muties.
>>
File: DEC090568.jpg (22 KB, 395x600) Image search: [Google]
DEC090568.jpg
22 KB, 395x600
>>80852005
So was Deadclops an Omega mutant because the eyeblasts never run out of juice?
Even though he's otherwise just a easy-to-kill normal flesh ad blood guy?
>>
File: 1457337319325.jpg (82 KB, 900x1376) Image search: [Google]
1457337319325.jpg
82 KB, 900x1376
>>80852393
Are there Omega level Inhuman classifications???????
>>
File: remember-me.jpg (122 KB, 1243x565) Image search: [Google]
remember-me.jpg
122 KB, 1243x565
>>80852585
>>
>>80850130
... Because 90% of mutants get shit powers like slightly sped up healing factor, minor telepathy, weak-ass shit energy projection, maybe minor manipulation of elements - a house can burn down, but people who can nuke things are super rare.
>>
>>80852676
I don't understand.
>>
>>80852749
I mean, he was classified as a Inhuman and could warp a shit ton of realities with ease. I thought that it works work for him the same way that works with mutants like Frankie and Mathew
>>
>>80852737
>minor telepathy
>shit
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.