[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Come on Russos you can do better than this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1458263591113.jpg (42 KB, 1000x456) Image search: [Google]
1458263591113.jpg
42 KB, 1000x456
Come on Russos you can do better than this
>>
You know I bet this is like Spider-man 3. The Russos don't want to do it but the studio is forcing them so they're really half-assing it.
>>
>>80848988
It's clear this is the case. I'm sure there was a treatment or something written for a hypothetical Civil War movie, but I'm certain the Russos had something else in mind for Cap 3. There were rumors of it being Masters of Evil and him searching for Bucky. Serpent Society would have been cool too.
>>
>>80849082

I think RDJ just really wanted to be in the movie, and so they made Civil War since they were gonna use Iron Man
>>
What is wrong with this?

>>80848988
>>80849082
They're the ones that pitched it to RDJ, but they apparently they did have a back-up if he said no.
>>
>>80849199
kek

2/10
>>
>>80849199

because, RDJ is hilarious

the best DC has to compete with RDJ, is Will Smith, who is not as hilarious as RDJ
>>
File: 2013-02-22-chapter-3-page-38.png (64 KB, 177x294) Image search: [Google]
2013-02-22-chapter-3-page-38.png
64 KB, 177x294
>waaaaah there's too many characters in this movie it's going to suck

>waaaaah there's not enough superheroes in this big fight scene it's going to suck
>>
>>80848923
Calm your ass. The Russos are making this and they made Winter Soldier. You have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>80849269

the avengers movies had more bad guys at the big final fight scenes

this shit looks like the gang fight from A Clockwork Orange
>>
File: 340955673.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
340955673.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>80849236
>>
>>80848923
>Being this autistic

The shot looks fine, pretty damn cool honestly
>>
>>80849362
>pretending to enjoy faceless goon clusterfucks in order to justify shitposting
>>
>>80848923
Looks so stupid that far away. Should haven been a closer shot so it doesn't look so empty
>>
>>80848923
What if this is like GotG with the criminal lineup? Drax isn't in the lineup in the movie because it was filmed for early trailer preview footage. Maybe the battle is a bit different in the movie and they don't want to spoil something like a Giant Man in the middle of the screen for this shot so it's left being normal Ant-man so far.
>>
>>80849082
Apparently Feige had a back up plan in case it didn't pan out but the Russos were the one who asked for it to be Civil War and for RDJ to come along.
>>
>2 hours 20 minutes movie

I really hope they're hiding a lot of cool takes and shots.
>>
I like that shot. I'm really looking forward to that movie.
>>
Why does every shot look like they didn't bother to build sets? It's all either on this airport runway or in an emptied out office building.
>>
Everyone keeps talking like this is disappointing for the final, climactic fight. Except there's no way this doesn't happen near the first half of the movie. It gets used a lot in promotional material because it's a quick visual summary of the ideas and allegiances involved, but that's how you know it has to take place early in the film.

The Russos and writers have already stated that the lines get drawn early, but characters drop out as the stakes get higher, until only the most invested characters remain. (Presumably Steve, Tony, and Bucky.) This is interesting because it's an inversion of what we've come to expect from these movies: the initial conflict has a wide scope, but the final moments take place on an intimate scale among a few people.

Look at Rhodey here, he's not going back into battle anytime soon. Look at the background: smoke billowing from a wrecked airport, the same place this showdown happens. Other moments in the trailer show Tony much more beat-up than he is here. The airport fight scene will be to Civil War what the Nick Fury chase scene is to Winter Soldier.
>>
File: 747_4.jpg (230 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
747_4.jpg
230 KB, 728x409
that's a pretty unimpressive environment for such a big fight, why couldn't it be somewhere with more going on visually like the end of Hellboy 2?
>>
>>80852423
Because it's not the 'end'.
>>
File: YER-GONNA-GO-TO-WORE.jpg (1020 KB, 1600x1182) Image search: [Google]
YER-GONNA-GO-TO-WORE.jpg
1020 KB, 1600x1182
>>80848923
I found the wide shot.
>>
>>80852227
>>80852884
Even the end fight takes place inside a fucking dam. It also looks bland as fuck.
>>
The camera's zoomed out like 2 great armies are getting ready to clash, yet it's just 10 chucklefucks in a 5v5. The battleground being a boring ass airport apron is just icing on the shit cake.

I'm not even an amateur filmaker. I've never made filmed anything and I can see what's wrong.
>>
>civil war
>war
>implying a bunch of humans running towards eachother like the x-men cartoon is a war.
>>
>>80848923
I hope this is just one of the fast cuts. Because I really can't see anything aesthetically pleasing about this shot.
>>
>>80852423
want the street fighter audience
>>
Pretty much all the exteriors in this movie will be greenscreen because it was shot in Atlanta. Look at the BTS footage, it's all greenscreen. So they could have staged that fight scene somewhere good but instead they picked airport tarmac. Have some imagination for fuck sake. The MCU has no style to speak of.
>>
>>80852227
> Opening
> Peggy Funeral
> Cap training Wanda
> Nigeria mission Crossbones
> Sokovia Accords
> Bucky chase with BP
> Cap and Sam arrested
> Stark "perfect teeth" scene
> Spiderman intro
> Cap and Sam find Bucky
> Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch confronted by Vision, then leave Avengers HQ
> Antman meets up with Team Cap
> Airport showdown
> Rhodey BTFO
> Stark goes hard
> Clint, Wanda, Scott and Peter, perhaps even Tchalla, tap out
> Old HYDRA base showdown with Cap and Bucky
>>
>>80855189
At least have some planes in proximity to make the terrain more interesting.

> Wanda can boost jump but there's little terrain to use that in fun and creative ways.
> Same with Panther, not much terrain to use strategically.
> Spidey barely has anything to swing on.
>>
>>80857713
Can't have buildings or vehicles in the way because then they might hurt or kill bystanders and if they fight in the wilderness they might needlessly hurt or kill animals or damage their habitat.
>>
Man of Murder strikes again
>>
>>80849598
It's just a bit of the wind is taken out of the sails because the shot immediately following that in the trailer is them standing around at what seems like the same time and place summoning spider man.
its bad trailer form.
>>
>>80849082

Didn't Russos want it to be about the superserum testing in the 1950s?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.