[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I guess Jubilee isn't in this film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
So I guess Jubilee isn't in this film
>>
>>80840328
all those empty seats. I guess even the main studio can only afford a handful of x-men.
>>
>>80840328
Such a proud mutant right there.

At least Beast looks less terrible than in the last few movies.
>>
>>80840829
Oh, I thought that was Eddie Munster for a minute.
>>
File: Mayor_Augustus_Maywho.jpg (55 KB, 450x660) Image search: [Google]
Mayor_Augustus_Maywho.jpg
55 KB, 450x660
>>80840829
He still looks like he's from one of the live action Dr Seuss movies
>>
She dies when Apocalypse destroys the school. So does Havok.
>>
>>80840328
God I still hate this Beast design. Kelsey Grammar was the best that is and ever will be.
>>
>>80840994
Source? Who else dies?
>>
>>80840994
I can buy that considering how little they are featured. Also Cyclops's eyewear sucks
>>
>>80840328
>Back to solid colored costumes with no variation
Thank fuck, all those cool character designs and colors were starting to make me feel gay.
>>
>>80841230
Apocalypse.

Or does he?
>>
>>80840328
I thought Cyclops was the leader of the X-men, right? Why's he riding bitch?
>>
>>80840328

It's Jennifer Lawrence: the Movie

also featuring actress from Game of Thrones and that Fassbender nigger
>>
>>80841358
>solid colored costumes

What costumes? Its combat armor
>>
>>80841541

Not as popular as J-Law

Mystique will be made the leader of the X-Men
>>
>>80841644
Just imagine X-synergy. If that wouldn't tank sales, I don't know what would.
>>
>>80840328
This screenshot triggers me so much. Fucking hate this cunt. Ridiculous she's taking over as the main character.
>>
I've never seen a single X-Men film, but I've been thinking of watching them. I dunno, none of them have every really piqued my interest from the trailers (except for First Class because of the whole '60s Civil Rights and missile crisis things and retro Xavier, though I just haven't gotten around to watching it), but I might give them a shot.

I dunno, how does it work... is this film a prequel to the original trilogy or something? Why is Mystique a good guy? I know that in the comics, Angel was corrupted by Apocalypse and became one of the Horsemen, but what's with Storm and Magneto and Psylocke being there? It seems odd. And why is Magneto so young? Why is Mystique not blue (all the time)?

Everything seems kinda arbitrary, but it may just be because I haven't seen any of these yet and have no idea what the context is.
>>
>>80841129
I have no problem with the basic design (not my favorite but it's fine), it's just that the coloring looks so fake and digital and out of place in all the images I see.
>>
>>80841810
Nah, something happens in Days of Future Past that makes the other movies not canon.
If you read the comics you know what it is.
Just watch X-Men 1, 2 and 3, First Class, The Wolverine and Days of Future Past, in that order.
You can ignore X-Men Origins because it's quite bad and it's events are pretty much ignored by the other movies.
>>
>>80841810

Wtf? How have you never seen one. You're on a comics board. There's been 7 of them dating back to 2000. They air on FX on like a weekly basis.

People like you make me sick.
>>
>>80842750
>wtf???? how come this person on the COMICS and CARTOONS board never watched a particular LIVE-ACTION MOVIE?? you make me sick!!!11!1
>>
>>80840328
This is what Singer did last time, talked up Rogue in all the pre-release interviews and then at the last minute cut her almost completely.
>>
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>80842859
Needed more time for Mystique I guess.

fuck mystique.
>>
File: beast x men 1.jpg (34 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
beast x men 1.jpg
34 KB, 375x500
That new Beast makeup looks awful.
>>
File: JJJJEEEEEEEEEAAAAAANNNNNNNNN.png (88 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
JJJJEEEEEEEEEAAAAAANNNNNNNNN.png
88 KB, 247x248
>>80840328
>go to local theater
>see fuck huge standee
>everyone in the movie is in it but cyclops
>the kid they cast looks like a massive faggot anyway
why does fox hate him so much, i thought it was just Tom Rothman that didn't want him around
>>
>>80842797
He is right you know, if you are a fan at least you would give it one watch.
>>
>>80842946
Fox isn't friend of Right.
>>
>>80840344
As main characters yes. Remember X3? That cost what would be north of $250m today, for what would have been just slightly over $530m in gross.

Most of that inflation from the original movies' budget was down to returning actors. When you're asking people to be the face of your product for 6 years - or indefinitely, in some cases - you have to be prepared to pay them a lot.

>>80840328
You remember Singer, right? Likes to pack these movies with non-speaking cameos because they're affordable? Yeah? That guy. Apparently he's directing.

>>80840967
>>80840829
>>80840934

He looks like Gary Glitter joined the Blue Man Group.
>>
>>80842900
These movies have never sold. Never. They all topped out at $400m after X3, and even that didn't do so good, but it's the third biggest gross they ever had after Deadpool and DoFP.

When she's gone, they'll stop selling.
>>
>>80842942
>>80840328
this is the problem with the FC movies, Kelsey and Rebecca's makeup had good variations of blue in their make up which looked fantastic.

The ones used for FC is just lazily done with little to no variation in the blue they use.
>>
>>80843006
It isn't like you know they could just recast the actor later.

How many different Kitties and Colossi have we had?
>>
>>80843058
Days of Future Past made 700 million world wide
>>
>>80844017
But that's not why you get returning actors.

People aren't coming to see X-Men movies because of James Marsden's stellar performance as a man who always washes his hands, they're coming for JLaw. Before that they were coming, in smaller numbers, for HJack. Before that they were coming for PStew and IMcKel and HBer. Nobody gives a shit about the others in large enough numbers to matter, and the number of actual comic book or even cartoon fans of the X-Men is so small it literally isn't worth making a movie based on that group's interests.

So you make a movie, and you cast a name, and you hope like hell they don't star in Jupiter Ascending right after you've cast them because that's just going to shit all over your plans.

Or you make something for next to nothing, like Deadpool, and get lucky; but you can't run a business based on getting lucky.
>>
>>80844279
Deadpool was one of the most successful comicbook movies ever made because it stayed true to the source material (for the most part) and the reason why everyone loves it is because they did make it so comic accurate. Hell that is the best Colossus we have had in any X movie and the reason it was great was because Ryan Reynolds put his foot down about it. Hell half the movie he is wearing a mask and the other half he is covered in heavy make up anyway.

Deadpool has almost no popularity compared to xmen. Literally everyone and their mother has seen the 92' cartoon or evolution, or the current Disney films. They have so many great and iconic characters from a lot of great stories.

Disney just made a ton of dosh on a movie about a fucking Racoon staring the fat fuck from Parks and Recreation
>>
Jubilee is gonna die just like Darwin, Emma Frost, etc.
>>
File: Jubilee_featured.jpg (293 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee_featured.jpg
293 KB, 970x545
>>80840328
All that hype for what will essentially be another cameo.
>>
>>80840328
>boob armor
what is the point of this?
>>
>>80844505
>introduce QT 3.14159 without the character she is most associated with
>kill her off halfway through the movie like fucking Darwin

REEEEEEEEE
>>
>singer use to ban comics from the set of his Xmen movies and use to tell his actors he didn't want them reading comics or watching the cartoon.
>>
>>80844589
>boob armor
>what is the point of this?
It's armour to protect boobs.
>>
File: fox_cape_movies.png (178 KB, 360x390) Image search: [Google]
fox_cape_movies.png
178 KB, 360x390
>>
>>80844471
>Deadpool was one of the most successful comicbook movies ever made because it stayed true to the source material (for the most part) and the reason why everyone loves it is because they did make it so comic accurate.

That was entirely because that concept was fresh and original among comic movies. Deadpool is like a subversion of the genre and that hadn't been done in the movies before. Having a charming as fuck leading man, and an incredible ad campaign didn't hurt. But honestly it wouldn't have been carryover fans of the character. Those will never be enough to sustain a film numbers wise except maybe spider-man and batman.
>>
>>80840328
This is how Singer operates with his Xmen films. Stuff in every mutant he can think of, while giving none of them any significant screen time.
>>
>>80844863
Xmen is literally the best selling comic of all time.

Every normy in the world knows Wolverine, Storm, and Cyclops
>>
>>80844938
Comic sales are meaningless nowadays compared to the least liked movie of the weak when it comes to numbers. This isn't the early 90s anymore.
>>
>>80845079
Theres the cartoon and the movies that were the only capestuff worth watching besides spiderman at the time.

But yeah, FOX is killing them slowly by trying too hard to push the actors instead of the characters.
>>
File: 1458020545417.jpg (12 KB, 291x308) Image search: [Google]
1458020545417.jpg
12 KB, 291x308
>>80841487
Don't be that guy.
>>
Peter just sitting back there like, "Why are we flying? I could have been there and back by now already...
>>
>>80845123
Has he fucked Kitty in the comics
>>
>>80845163
Quicksilver? No I don't think so. If you're thinking Colossus, then yes, he has, even made her phase during climax.
>>
>>80844666
This dosent surprise me

Jackmans the only guy that ever acted like he knew the sourcematerial
>>
>>80844588
>That pic
This proves Jubilee is a vampire in this universe, she didn't age in 30 years
>>
>>80844588
It's crazy how the only movie she ever was relevant in was the damn Generation X one. You'd think they would have milked the Wolverine's teeny side-kick side of her character but they had to waste that on Rogue.
>>
>>80845211
So is Quicksliver the only Peter in marvel Kitty hasn't sucked?
>>
>>80845313
She had anything with Parker?

Also, in the comics his name is Pietro, not Peter.
>>
>>80845354
>She had anything with Parker?
In the Ultimate universe she had, for a long time.
>>
>>80845313
Ultimate Comics, Bendis shipped her with Spidey the moment the two saw each other. There were literally little hearts floating over Kitty's head as she gazed apon Spidey's spandex clad figure.
>>
>>80845313
>>80845354
Never mind, Colossus is also Piotr. You're going for the pokemon route.

Any Pedros? Petyrs?
>>
>>80845416
Well that was Ultimate, so I guess that was free for all anyway, so why the fuck not?
>>
>>80840328
She probably gets cut from the movie and is only released in the BlurRay version.
>>
>>80844694
it would do more damage having boob armor than just a chest plate
>>
>>80845287
dude. why you gotta remind me that exists.
>>
>>80845668
Because it had the better version of Banshee
>>
>>80844589
Same reason the dudes have pec armor
>>
Speaking of Colossus, why isn't he in the movie?
>>
>>80846142
No idea, but I'd wager they're being cautious with Deadpool. Like they weren't sure how Deadpool would do so they didn't commit to whether or not it would be a shared universe with x-men yet.
>>
>>80846142

because it takes place in the 80s and whatever happened in deadpool takes place way in the future. who knows when Colossus joined the x-men
>>
>>80840994
Please be true
>>
>>80844666
>>80844666
He didn't want people asking why they can't get costumes instead of black fetish leather.
>>
>>80842942

>GOAT casting will never ever be done again
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.