[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other Canadafags go to see the Little Prince in theaters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: little_prince_fox.png (998 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
little_prince_fox.png
998 KB, 1600x900
Any other Canadafags go to see the Little Prince in theaters? I just saw it today. Really liked it. Very emotional movie, got a good cry out of me.

Sorry to hear about amerifats not being able to the movie in theaters due to Paramount backing out. There's essentially two sides to the movie, each with its own distinct visual style. The portions dealing with the Prince's tale have the wonderful stop-motion style you see in the above image, while the framework story about the little girl and the Aviator was a much more generic style of 3D animation, but it was certainly serviceable.

I was surprised by the level of star power in the voice cast. You had Jeff Bridges as the Aviator and Dave Franco, Paul Rudd, Ricky Gervais, Paul Giamatti, etc. in other roles. They all did a great job with making the characters feel authentic (though I'd say the sound mixing guys should be getting a lot of credit for that too). If you're wary about the framework story of the little girl and her mom I'll say that it held up well for me. Though I'd also say there's legitimacy in the criticism that the action filled sequence near the end felt unneeded.

It sucks that it's out there with Zootopia, but I hope you consider seeing it next time you go to the cinema (or if it ever comes out in theaters for Americans). It's well worth the watch. I definitely felt a lot better coming out of it.
>>
>>80839560
I just don't see the point. I've read the book and watched the original movie already. Why would I want to subject myself to shitty CGI when the only part of the movie I give a fuck about is a story I already know.
>>
>>80839560
Any idea if it will be released at least on DVD here in the US?
>>
File: little_prince_cg.jpg (148 KB, 619x405) Image search: [Google]
little_prince_cg.jpg
148 KB, 619x405
>>80839625
Well that's up to you. I liked watching a nice new interpretation of the story in the beautiful papercraft art-style. It felt very lovingly made. If you don't think it's worth seeing I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise.

In the movies defence though I wouldn't call the CGI shitty. Generic yes, but it was well executed. Here's a pic of the style for reference.
>>
>>80839740
I haven't heard that they've cancelled the DVD. Just the theatrical release. And I'm pretty sure that's only delayed because of Zootopia. So the DVD should still be on.
>>
>>80839560
I got to see it, wow I didn't expect to be hit with an existential crisis. The theatre was totally emptied; so no one saw me start welling up.

I don't know if this ever could be a smash hit kids movie. It's sad, and I think legitimately could make kids cry. That shouldn't be a box office killer, but this movie will only be appreciated when it's long out of theatres.
>>
I watched it the other night, I was the only one in the theater. I enjoyed it, it is definitely a shot to the feels.

Was the movie edited for an english release? I know that in the beginning the poster says "What do you want to be when you grow up? Essential!" but later all the text in her schoolbooks and the letters is in french.
>>
File: i_feel_you_comrade.gif (3 MB, 346x252) Image search: [Google]
i_feel_you_comrade.gif
3 MB, 346x252
>>80839823
I get you anon. Same thing happened to me. I had time to kill before I had to pick up a relative at the airport and it was either this or Zootopia. pretty much chose the Little Prince due to the novelty of being to see it while the Americans can't.

Ended up pretty much full on weeping multiple times throughout the movie. The commentary on growing up was pretty heavy. But what really got to me was the little girl having to accept the old man's death. That hit way too close to home.
>>
>>80839990
It's a french made movie so I'd say your hunch is right.
>>
>>80840024
Yeah, the only reason I knew this movie came out was hearing it was pulled from the U.S., and it'd disappointing because the movie probably wouldn't do well.
>>
It's worth seeing just for hearing Jeff Bridges channel his old man voice and narrate the movie. Can think of a more perfect choice for a old voice that still has a spark of childhood playfulness in it.
>>
>>80840259
I actually saw a fair number of commercials for it on TV. Though I'm in Canada, not the US.
>>
I'm really trying to think what to say about it. Because while it was a plot, it's the themes that I remember the most. I want more canuckfags to see it, not sure how to talk them into it. "I found myself crying and I wasn't sure when I started" doesn't play well.
>>
>>80840712
I cut the cable forever ago and just added to our piracy statistic. So I had no idea this movie was coming out, let alone the cast behind it. It's a surprisingly grown up movie for something centred around growing up.
>>
>>80840726
>>80840726

The whole time I was watching it I was wondering if it was making the kids in the theater cry too. Or if you had to have done some growing up yourself to get the feels from it.

Would kids even like this movie?
>>
I didn't know it got pulled for US theaters. That really sucks. This is my favorite book and I was looking forward to the movie.
>>
Based Netflix just picked up the rights for The Little Prince.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-picks-up-little-prince-876622
>>
>>80844559
That's great. I'll watch it again when it's on Netflix.
>>
>>80844313
Yeah it came out of no where. I love the book too. Really disappointed I won't be able to see it in theaters.

At least I just have to wait for it to appear on Netflix now.
>>
File: excellent.gif (3 MB, 330x255) Image search: [Google]
excellent.gif
3 MB, 330x255
>>80839560
Gonna drive across the border to visit some friendly moosefuckers next week. I'll go see it then.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.