[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Avengers Academy Underrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Avengers_Academy_Vol_1_14.1.jpg (536 KB, 1280x1989) Image search: [Google]
Avengers_Academy_Vol_1_14.1.jpg
536 KB, 1280x1989
Did anybody wish they did something more with this title? I was hoping they could of have done a show based of this as a replacement for Ultimate Spider-man. I really wished the team or at least the characters had some mainstream treatment but unfortunately the name Avengers Academy was wasted on that mobile game.
>>
>>80835404
I do.

RIP Mettle.

And the entire rest of the cast except White Tiger is vanished from memory.
>>
>>80836408
Arcade's an asshole.

Were they not being used anymore around the time Marvel NOW came out?
>>
It was an interesting idea but it ended up being a bunch of angsty teenagers hanging around not doing anything. I wish they were given missions or something. I don't care about the Runaways visiting the Academy.
>>
They had so much potential. One of the few titles to have a good tie-in to Fear Itself (Journey Into Mystery being the other). It started to suck once they moved to West Coast mansion.
>>
nah it was pretty boring
>>
Christos Gage delivered a really solid writing, still there was just a little spark missing to the whole thing. I loved the new characters, liked the handling of the teachers and I thought it had a lot of potential, but I've got to admit, it was ultimately a little boring.

Still, if there's more to it: I'd read om a second.
>>
>>80837009
>Were they not used anymore around the time Marvel NOW came out?

Academy was cancelled shortly before Marvel NOW, which kicked off Arena. The characters didn't have a chance to appear in anything else (not counting Undercover).

Also, why is the Giant-Size AA special still not on CMX? That was the last time Arcade was decently written.
>>
>>80835404
Fuck Mettle or Hazmat, why nobody remembers Reptil is gone.

RIP Reptil ;_; ;_; ;_;
>>
so is Reptil dead? Cuz he didn't get so much as a mention when Hazmat blew up on him
>>
>>80835404
In fact, what happened to everyone? Serious question
>>
I thought it was fine until they moved to the WCA base.

And the gay reveal turned Striker from "fun asshole" to "guys have I mentioned how gay I am today," which sucked since he was my favorite.
>>
>>80840011
There were minis for Infinity and Inhumanity featuring the school.
>>
>>80840515
I think most of them got killed during avengers island
>>
>>80840999
You mean Arena?
>>
>>80841591
that's the one. couldn't remember the name.
>>
>>80840999
Only Mettle and Reptil. Hazmat learned to control her powers after her meltdown and now is living normal life I suppose. Veil lost her powers and is also living normal life. Striker and Finesse are AWOL.
>>
>>80841672
I don't think Reptil, Striker, and Finesse were in that though.
>>
Why'd they make that guy gay with the worst possible backstory of him being molested so it turned him gay?
>>
>>80841751
My mistake, Reptil was in it.
>>
>>80835404
>>80835404
>TFW I will never marry and or fuck veil or hamat.....

Literally, why even live..... The only friend I even have is my ex gf's son....
>>
>>80837144
>It was an interesting idea but it ended up being a bunch of angsty teenagers hanging around not doing anything.
This. It was tumblr-lite honestly.
>the only white male on the team just happened to be gay
>>
We need a Daddy/Daughter story with Finesse and Taskmaster fucking people up and trying to remember things.
>>
>>80840515
they're waiting in limbo until a writer who cares about them comes along
>>
You think the quality dropped after Fear Itself because Arena was coming and Gage gave up?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.