[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>listens to LMFAO and slipknot >is the most annoying stereotype
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: hoteltransylvania-mavis-johnny.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hoteltransylvania-mavis-johnny.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
>listens to LMFAO and slipknot
>is the most annoying stereotype of a "teen"

WHY? WHY THE FUCK WOULD PUT SUCH A GOOD WAIFU WITH SUCH A LAME ASS?
>>
>>80834228
SUCH A GOOD POTENTIAL FOR A WAIFU LOST
>>
>>80834228
Wish fulfillment.
>>
>>80834228
Anon I don't want to scare you but she might have a different opinion

She clearly sees him for someone she actually likes and wants to be with. It doesn't matter what you think the ideal qualities for a mate are, all that matters is that she's happy

And I've never even seen either of these shitty movies.
>>
>>80834316
b-but i can make her happier ;-;
>>
>marrying the first person you haven't known since you were a child
He was different. It wasn't that he was a good guy, or that he was attractive, or had a good personality, he was just at the right place at the right time.
>>
File: b95.png (2 MB, 1250x911) Image search: [Google]
b95.png
2 MB, 1250x911
>>80834808
>>
>>80834316
>>80835029

literally the 1st male she see and suddenly madly in love plot.

i'm pretty sure this is the "don't fuck crazy" signal.

I also sure he never had any before her.

at least i enjoyed the 1st one
>>
>>80835198
>I also sure he never had any before her.
are you fucking kidding me, he was like 21
>>
File: bill_russell_11-time_champion.jpg (26 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
bill_russell_11-time_champion.jpg
26 KB, 480x270
>>80834228
>A teen is attracted to another teen who acts like a teen
>A girl is attracted to a guy who likes to dance to dance music and likes to party

Imagine that.
>>
>>80835323
>Mavis
>Teen
>>
>>80835361
Shes 118, which according to the movie is roughly the age of 18 for Vampires. She's still basically a teen.
>>
>>80834228
why for a writer is more simple write a boring and generic character than an interesting character.
>>
>>80835323
Man, I dance to music harder than most people but fucking no one thinks lmfao is cool
>>
>>80835323
>Morgan Freeman imitates Hal Jordan
>>
>>80834228
Beta characters always get the best chicks. Happened in Wreck it Ralph. Happens all the time in anime.
>>
>>80834228

You can look on her face that shes regret it when shes marrying that dumb ginger & have a retard kid with it.
>>
>>80835913
Well sure not anymore. But Hotel transylvania was released in and takes place in 2012, around the height of their popularity. Fucking everybody was dancing to "Sexy and I Know It" or "Party Rock Anthem."
>>
File: crying-indian-tear65p.jpg (12 KB, 267x201) Image search: [Google]
crying-indian-tear65p.jpg
12 KB, 267x201
>>80835225
Y-Yeah anon, that's right.
>>
>>80835323
I don't have a problem with how "realistic" it is that two teenagers that act like teenagers got together. My problem is how ridiculously fucking dated this movie is going to be, given how "modern" they made the main character. It was an obvious attempt to pander to what the suits see as the "hip" audience, and it means the movie is going to have no impact whatsoever in a decade.
>>
>>80836701
Exactly. I mean, it's already dated now.
>>
>>80836701
Okay, what should the two teenagers/young adults have been doing in their courtship then? They can't listen to popular music because it "dates" it, you know as if movie like Back to the Future or Men in Black don't do the same. They can't act like how teens today act act because that's pandering. So what should their hooking up have been like instead?
>>
>>80836804
There is popular music that isn't going to get dated as badly as lmfao, anon. And it isn't that hard to see which bands are flash in the pan fads and which will actually have some lasting impact. The difference between the music here and in Back to the Future or MIB or any other movie with a non-original soundtrack is how painfully obvious it was that the music was chosen for marketing purposes rather than to actually enhance the movie itself.

As for what their hooking up should have been like, I honestly felt like very little was done right in the original. The "love at first sight" shit is tiring by itself, but with the focus on Sandler's character it also meant that Mavis got no development whatsoever. If you're going to write a love story, make it about the people falling in love, not one of the people falling in love and the other's dad.
>>
>>80837046
Alright. I don;t totally agree, but I respect where you;re coming from.

But for arguments sake, take your mind back to 2011 when this movie was being made. What group should they use instead?
>>
>listens to popular music most likely because he's not a shut-in who knows how to have fun in social settings
>really outgoing and makes a strong lasting impression
I don't see a problem at all
>>
>>80837234
I honestly don't follow pop music much. Maybe something that had been arounnd for 3-5 years that people were still listening to? You know, something that had at least proven to have some amount of staying power, but not something so old that it wasn't considered "modern" music any more.

I mean, LMFAO first got popular with Party Rock Anthem in 2011, and Hotel Transylvania came out a year later. If that isn't going for the "Hot New Thing" I don't know what is.
>>
>>80834228
didn't that guy manage to organize a party in like one hour?
>including music, location, food, drink and people?
>>
>>80835225
Well well, look at this Anon, born with a silver dick in his mouth.
>>
>>80836216
Fix it Felix wasn't a beta anon, he was the most alpha character in the movie. He was completely comfortable being the focus of attention at parties and couldn't relate to the outcast at all, and he was openly hitting on the soldier girl despite her complete lack of interest until she ended up fucking him anyway. Using words like 'Sweet Jimminy' and 'honey-glow in my cheeks' doesn't make someone beta if they have all the girls fawning over them.
>>
>>80834228
are you fucking serious with those breast lines
>>
>>80837963
time to fap again
>>
>>80835323
Mavis is over a hundred years old

She's more like the product of stunted maturity if your over protective father was given the opportunity to shelter you forever
>>
File: 1441438781336.gif (932 KB, 258x258) Image search: [Google]
1441438781336.gif
932 KB, 258x258
>>80834228
Nothing wrong with Slipknot
>>
>>80836701
>My problem is how ridiculously fucking dated this movie is going to be, given how "modern" they made the main character. It was an obvious attempt to pander to what the suits see as the "hip" audience

I bet you will sperg out of glee if they used Radiohead or ACDC songs

Hypocrite
>>
>>80839781
i want to hug it
>>
>>80839861
There's a big difference between using timeless music and using one hit wonders.
>>
>>80839915
One hit wonders can be classics
>>
>>80839915
But was any of it considered a timeless music back then?
>>
>>80834228
>good waifu

plebs will tell you so
>>
>>80839861
For real.
>>
File: feel trooper.png (115 KB, 2112x2196) Image search: [Google]
feel trooper.png
115 KB, 2112x2196
>>80834278
>Had the biggest crush on Selena Gomez in high school
>actually turned down a girl because of it
>understand how autistic it was and force myself to move on with my life
>get a columbian gf
>things going good
>Hotel Transylvania comes back
>Her character brings these feelings back
I just want to escape them anons. I want to be normal
>>
>>80834228

OP why do you sound like you're mad as fuck that you can't self insert as being the guy she ends up with anymore.
>>
>>80842093
See if she will dress as that vampire chick on Halloween and take her on a great night on the town to get her in the mood. Then you can pretend that you are fugging your waifu, or at least a character she played.
>>
>>80834228
Who cares.

Still better than these recent generic Disney princes
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.