[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This film was intentionally made just to be considered "the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: 5tw8l0.jpg (23 KB, 940x478) Image search: [Google]
5tw8l0.jpg
23 KB, 940x478
This film was intentionally made just to be considered "the super hero movie with less efford in history"?

Fantastic four 1994 was intentionally made to be considered "the super hero movie with less efford in history", but at least had a reason to be made.

There is no target audience, there is no relevance, theres no development, theres no real jokes or not even real lazy jokes.
>>
File: ford-fiesta-st-road-test-13.jpg (86 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
ford-fiesta-st-road-test-13.jpg
86 KB, 900x596
>>80827328
what the fuck is efford and where is it present in other superhero films

is this eh ford?
>>
>>80827328
the joke is the same back when bruce lee played the role in the short lived tv show

the asian guy does the work the white guy gets the credit. black people didnt make the rail roads through the desert in america and neither did white people but it probably wasnt in your history text book in school

asians are hired by your companies to design your products because america hasnt be able to produce enough people with the needed credentials to do the jobs
>>
How the fuck is Green Hornet a superhero much less a street level hero

The vigilantes from kickass hold more significance than these fucking losers
>>
>>80827328
Why the gun have two pipes aiming to different sides ?
>>
>>80827504
I meant directions
>>
>>80827504
The barrels are a gimmick but the answer is to shoot more people.
>>
>>80827328
>Find out they are making a Green Hornet film
>Get hyped
>It's a Seth Rogan slacker comedy

I still refuse to watch this shit to this day.

>Green Hornet may be a lost cause, but at least we'll finally be getting a Green Lantern film
>See Green Lantern
>Hang self

That's right, you've just been visited by a spoopy ghost.
>>
>>80827328
You know, I actually liked this one. Granted, I was either 13 or 14 when it came out and I haven't seen it in a while, but the fact that the villain had a gimmick solely because of a mid-life crisis was pretty funny.
>>
>>80828350
Wow, you sound like one sad manchild.
>>
I don't think it was THAT bad. I think it plays well as a parody of a number of topics: the rich superhero, Kim Kardashian socialites who think they can do anything, villains with stupid gimmicks and motivations. Seth Rogen did his role well. The problem is that people were sorta expecting a more serious movie, and if they had gone that route, maybe Rogen could have even pulled a Chris Pratt-like reinvention of himself.

Christoph Waltz is absolutely wonderful in it as well. I'd watch it just for him. The whole thing of the wannabe supervillain having a midlife crisis is hilarious to me and Waltz plays it perfect.
>>
>>80828377
Because I don't like some movies and don't watch ones that I infer I have a low probability of liking?
>>
>>80827328
But I like this movie.
>>
Funny I just saw the movie last weekend. I think it's not that bad. Not the best movie ever, but I enjoyed it
>>
>>80827328
I know, right? Blue Morpho is BLUE, it's in the damn name!
>>
>>80828350
It isn't a botched Green Hornet movie. It's a movie about two assholes with a lot of money who decided to try and play Green Hornet and were sort of successful in it.

Don't even try to connect it to the actual Green Hornet, it's not even close. All they share is the color green and an Asian driver.
>>
I liked this movie, not amazing, but hey, if it's on, I'll watch it. I generally think Seth Rogen can be a funny actor, when he tries.

Sausage Party still looks like shit, though
>>
I really hate that this is how generations will be introduced to the Green Hornet from now on.
>>
As a buddy comedy it's not that bad at all.
Definitely not as good as Constantine in terms of adaptation dissonance though
>>
>>80827328

i liked it
>>
>>80827383
>the joke is the same back when bruce lee played the role in the short lived tv show
>the asian guy does the work the white guy gets the credit.
Hornet could hold his own in the old show, even though Kato was far more capable. In the movie, Hornet's a bumbling idiot who fully relies on Kato to save his ass at every turn. It was a poor attempt at humor and ruined the chances of us ever getting a proper Green Hornet movie.
>>
>>80827328
Honestly I liked this movie granted I didn't know shit about the Green Hornet when I watched it, and I can see why Green Hornet fans are mad about it, but let's be honest if this movie didn't come out no one would even know who the Green hornet is, and there'd be so many threads about what Venture borthers is parading with the blue morpho. Like it or hate it at least this movie made people realize who the Green hornet is again.
>>
>>80827328

THE BLUE MORPHO
>>
>>80830047
Man, screw that "there's no such thing as bad publicity" nonsense. I got godawful Hornet and Lone Ranger films in rapid succession. That means I'll probably be collecting a pension by the time I see either of them get movies again. If I'm lucky.
>>
>>80827368
>Efford is a large, mostly post-war, eastern suburb of Plymouth in the county of Devon, England
>>
>>80830136
Cause heaven forbid you go and watch the old stuff.
>>
>>80830062
I know nothing about Green Hornet beside from the name and how he looks like, but I've kind of wanted to see the movie since the introduction of Blue Morpho. Although deep inside I just want more Monarch screwing around.
>>
>>80829989
It was early days. Doesn't he go into Kato-mode at the end?

>>80830925
>Although deep inside I just want more Monarch screwing around.
The movie is kind of the same thing.
>>
>>80827328
I thought the movie was funny and a refreshing change of pace for super hero flicks, and though it wasn't great I would watch it again.
>>
>>80831052
Yeah.
Seth Rogen Hornet is all about "blowing his inheritance" and weird attempts to look cool.
>>
>>80831052
>>80831167
Well, I'll watch it the next time I want some light fun, then. At least it's a movie about a hero I don't know anything about for once.
>>
>>80827383
>black people didnt make the rail roads through the desert in america and neither did white people but it probably wasnt in your history text book in school
It was, seriously describe what you think is in a US history school book.
>>
>>80831282
200 years of history stretched as fuck to somehow fill a curriculum that usually encompass thousands of years in other countries?
>>
>>80831895
>talking bullshit

Americans learn World History. And then they learn American History.
>>
>>80827504
"My gun has two barrels. That's not scary?"
>>
>>80828422
"BLOODNOFSKY! Whether it by my mask or your blood, red is the last color you'll ever see!"
>>
>>80829989
Britt saved Kano more often than the reverse in the original series. It's just that Bruce Lee was obviously more skilled and pulled off more convincing action sequences.
>>
>>80834509
>gets a gas mask purely for the cool factor
>ends up being the perfect defense for Britt's gas gun
>>
>>80827328
I couldn't make it very far into this movie. I had zero reason to care or sympathize with Rogen's character, and it felt retarded for him to be the main attraction when his sidekick was literally all the talent.
>>
>>80834547
"I'm ungasable!"
>>
File: Incorrect.jpg (26 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
Incorrect.jpg
26 KB, 500x312
>Japanese
>Name is Kato
>Pronounced "Kay-toe"
>>
>>80834567
>11 days?! I wasn't sleeping, I was in a coma, dick!
>>
>>80834599
And then he shoots Kato to get back at him.
>>
"WHERE'S MY LEAF!? WHO THE FUCK MAKES THE COFFEE AROUND HERE!?"
>>
>(It's me)
>>
>>80834591
Does he drink Sayk?
>>
>>80828350
Reminder that this is what the Batman movie almost ended up being before Burton was signed on.

Also Green Lantern was almost a comedy starring Jack Black.
>>
>>80827328
>Could've been a really cool 1940s superhero movie with an old school setting and feel
>Nah, lets cast Seth "Unfunny Fat Fuck" Rogan instead and ruin every ounce of the film's potential
>>
>>80832565
As an American- no we don't.
>>
>OP doesn't know

This movie went though like nine script revisions. Stephen Chow was supposed to direct this for like eight years but it never happened, the studio got Gondry expecting a hired gun but he tired to make an Michel Gondry film and got blocked by the producers who wanted a superhero franchise film and Seth Rogan, who basically took the script from Gondry and forced it to be more like a "Seth Rogan" movie, which is why there's random sections of humor that are basically straight out of Superbad for no reason at all.

Part of the reason I like the movie is because of how fucking weird and ramshackle it is, basically this mutated three-headed baby of Gondry's quirks, Rogan's DUDE WEED humor and the studio's superhero blockbuster action. It's barely a movie and none of the scenes make any sense with each other, but it's kind of enjoyable because of that.
>>
>>80827328
I've always disliked Seth Rogen, but him shitting on the Green Hornet was what made me full on hate the little faggot.
>>
>>80827383
Eh. Thats in there.
>>
>>80828350
yeah faggot, you're a sad manchild for liking superheroes on the comic and cartoon board.
you wish you were as cool as me and my buddy >>80828377, we're just here to laugh at you sad fucks, cuz we got big dicks and like 5 girlfriends
>>
>>80828422
Nicolas Cage was originally cast as the bad guy, but wouldn't stop delivering his lines in a thick Jamaican accent. I believe he got fired 6 weeks into shooting.

To this day, Rogen is allegedly still trying to figure out if Cage was trying to get fired or was just being Cage.
>>
>>80835559
As an American who went to school in a place where fucking your sister is frowned upon, we definitely learned world history.

Nice try, "tumblr"
>>
>>80835559
maybe in shitsburg where you are
most Americans learn world history boyo
>>
>>80827383
>asians are hired by your companies to design your products because america hasnt be able to produce enough people with the needed credentials to do the jobs

That's totally bullshit. There are plenty of qualified American stem workers, just not enough who will work for minimum wage like fucking h1b scabs will
>>
>>80835559
I took World History, American History, Economics, and Modern History in Highschool as my four social studies courses

what the hell did you take
>>
>>80827328
>"the super hero movie with less efford in history"
I don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but come the fuck on. You typed it twice.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.